Trade-Offs: +1 Toughness, -1 Defence

Unspent PP: 0

Characters Name: Cy-bit

Alternate Identity: Jessica Tennant

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 125lb.

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Green

Description: An average looking young woman, with shoulder length blonde hair and olive tone skin with piercing green eyes. At work she is often in a tailored suit with wire-rimmed glasses. At home she is more comefortable in jeans and a hoodie. In what little spare time she has, she can be found either tinkering with a new gadget or reading the latest scientific journal.

History: Born on a military base in New Mexico, Jessica Tennant, AKA Cy-bit knew she was different from an early age.

While growing up, she and her younger brother often moved from base to base as their parents gained promotions, meaning she found it difficult to make friends. This along with the feeling that she was not like most children made her want to bury her head in books and study.

Her control of electricity started to show when she was 13 during an arguement with her father about her wanting to study at the Claremont Academy. She got so frustrated that she caused half the lightbulbs in the apartment block where they were staying to explode when he said no.

After gaining a degree in computer sciences and programming, which she passed with a distinction, she took a job at a leading computer software company. While at this company she discovered a plot to assassinate a leading figure in the secret service using a worm that she had hidden in the operating system she had created.

Her warnings to secret service of this plot fell on deaf ears, so she began to hack into their computer network to try to get her message through. It was at this moment her ability to transmit herself through the electricity cables as pure energy unlocked. She appeared in the targets office and managed to warn him just in time.

To show his gratitude, the head of the secret service offered her a job working for them, which she accepted 4 years ago. With there resources and connections she found teachers to help her learn to control and develop new skills. In return she used her abilites and her natural skills and intelligence to help in the fight to protect national security.

Along with her younger brother Andrew Tennant AKA Electroclash, she aims to rid the streets of criminals and protect the innocent.

Personality & Motivation: As a child she was called "geeky" and even today she shows elements of a nerd. Although not shy, she would not be the first person to speak up or be the first on the dancefloor.

Complications: When she suffers from migraines which is quite often after using her powers for long periods, she can often have an unusal and destructive effect on nearby electrical devices. For this reason her bedroom has no electrical appliances and is magnetically shielded to protect neighbouring homes.

Also her responsiblities to the state can be demanding on her time and disposition.

Stats: 28pp

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 12 (+1)

Int: 20 (+5)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 12 (+1)

Combat: 16pp

Attack: +6

Grapple: +7

Defense: +6 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: +10; +0 without FF

Initiative: +3

Saves: 3pp

Toughness: +11 (Imp 10); +1 without FF

Fortitude: +1 (+1 Con, +0)

Reflex: +6 (+3 Dex, +3)

Will: +3 (+3 Wis, +0)

Skills: 56r = 12pp

Acrobatics 4 (+7), Computers 8 (+13), Disable Device 4 (+9), Investigate 8 (+13), Language 8 (Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish & Russian) (+8), Prof: Programmer 12 (+15), Sense Motive 4 (+7)

Feats: 5pp

Equipment 1 (Commlink, Laptop), Elusive Target, Well-Informed, Improved Critical - Electrical Control 2

Powers: 78pp

Electrical Control 10 (DC 25, (range 100ft))

AP: EMP (Nullify 10) [Alt] (DC 20, Counters: All Powers of (Type) (2/r) - Electronics, Extras: Nullifying Field (Radius: 50 ft.))

AP: Electric Touch (Nullify 6) [Alt] (DC 16, Counters: All Powers of (Technology) (2/r), Extras: Duration 2 (sustained), Flaws: Range 1 (touch))

AP: Dazzle 10 [Alt] (DC 20, Affects: Two Sense Types (2/r) - Visual)

Datalink 3 (Sense Type: Mental)

Force Field 10 (+10 Toughness; Alternate Powers: Deflect 6 [Alt], Extras: Impervious)

AP: Deflect 6 [Alt] (Deflects: All Ranged Attacks (3/r))

Immunity 5 (Damage Type: Electric)

Transmit 5 (500 ft. as move action, 5 miles as full action; Medium: Electricity, Power Feats: Turnabout)

Healing 4 (DC 14, Extras: Action 4 (When hit by energy attack), Flaws: Personal)

Drawbacks: 0pp

DC Block:

Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 16) Bruise

Electrical Control 10, +4 (DC 25) Energy

EMP (Nullify 10) [Alt], +4 (DC Will 20) Energy

Electric Touch (Nullify 6) [Alt], +4 (DC Will 16) Other

Dazzle 10 [Alt], +4 (DC Fort/Ref 20) Other

Costs: Abilities (28) + Combat (24) + Saves (3) + Skills (12) + Feats (5) + Powers (78) - Drawbacks (0) = (150)Total Cost

Welcome to the boards! Please feel free to introduce yourself in the "Secret Identity" thread (see link in my .sig).

Her attack and defense numbers seem on spot for someone who's still fairly new to the hero business, but they are low enough to give some concern: in terms of Attack/Damage (excepting the Area Nullify) she's effectively PL 7, and PL 8 in terms of Defense/Toughness.

Her Toughness can go to 11 (Imp 10) with her Force Field. Which is effectively a +1 to Toughness for -1 Defense for the trade-offs. Her knockback would be -10 with her full impervious force field up.

Also, since Absorption bonus counts as a bonus to your Toughness for PL purposes, she can't have it and her full Force Field up at the same time, as that would give her an effective Tougnhess of +16. (But, see below for a possible fix.)

Please put in the proper numbers for her saves. (They appear to add up, but actually seeing the numbers is a plus.)

What 8 languages does she speak? Language doesn't work like other skills, each rank lets you speak/understand/read one language.

Also, please alphabetize her skills.

Her Inventor feat will be very limited without any ranks in Knowledge (Technology). It can still be used for Jury Rigging just fine, but that requires a Hero Point each time.

And why does she have Security Clearance 5? You only need that once, I believe (unless there's something in some book I've missed).

Her Nullifying Field would have a radius of 50 ft., not 0 ft..

For the Absorption, you could go with Healing (Extra: Action 4/Reaction [when hit by energy attack]; Flaw: Self Only). Cost is 5pp/rank, so for the same cost as Absorption 5 you could have Healing 4.

You've still got "Benefit - Security Clearance 5" and "Inventor" listed in her feats. (Also, please alphabetize her feats).

Also, would you mind spacing out/formatting her powers, as I asked Griff to do for Electrolash?

How old is she (and Electrolash) now, and how long's she been working with the secret service?

Three minor things.

1) Her Toughness and Knockback. Those should read

Knockback: +10; +0 without FF

2) Her Saves are off. I believe they should look like this

3) What is her Equipment 1 feat used for?

Quick couple of points that need to be worked out.

Saves: 3pp

Are you taking a tradeoff? If not, then your Toughness should be maxed at +10. This means your con score won't play a part in your Toughness score at all as long as you ahve yout Force field up. If youare using a trade off of -1 Defense for +1 Toughness, then you need to put this in the Trade off section at the top of your sheet.

On your nullify touch AP, what does it nullify? You didn't list it.

Thanks for the change. Okay, looked at the character again and found another small section that needs to be corrected.

In Skills, you have Languages 8, but only listed 7 languages. You get one language for free, your base language, and for each point in language, you get another language.

Language 8 (Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish & Russian) (+8)

Also, I'm counting 48 ranks in skills, not 56.

Skills: 56r = 12pp

Acrobatics 4 (+7), Computers 8 (+13), Disable Device 4 (+9), Investigate 8 (+13), Language 8 (Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish & Russian) (+8), Prof: Programmer 12 (+15), Sense Motive 4 (+7)

I'm not surprised my points are way out, with all the changes I have had to make I've lost track of who this character is anymore.

This is my first character and to be honest all the enjoyment has been sapped out of it by the moderators who are asking me to make changes and not explaining why or offering advice on how to make these changes.

When I have made changes I've had to wait days for a moderator to look again, who then suddenly finds something else that needs correcting. Why couldn't this have been spotted before.

I created this character to get in to RP while I had some time off over the holiday period but I really am tempted to just delete her at the moment.

I'm not surprised my points are way out, with all the changes I have had to make I've lost track of who this character is anymore.

This is my first character and to be honest all the enjoyment has been sapped out of it by the moderators who are asking me to make changes and not explaining why or offering advice on how to make these changes.

When I have made changes I've had to wait days for a moderator to look again, who then suddenly finds something else that needs correcting. Why couldn't this have been spotted before.

I created this character to get in to RP while I had some time off over the holiday period but I really am tempted to just delete her at the moment.

Just like you, the Refs have RL issuses to deal with along with other aspects on the site. It takes time to get to every character sheet up.

As for waiting to put up corrections, yes you are correct. It is something that could have happened in few posts, but we are only human. Soemthings catch our eyes a lot quicker than others.

The choice is of course yours about the character. Scrapping it or continuing is up to you.

• 1 month later...