Horrorshow

Davyd nodded at Ace's continued recommendation of Mr. Humberto, then kinda lost focus when he started mentioning the techie stuff.  "Hey, you'd know better than me on that, yeah?  Ah, no, no, don't have a 'tailor'," he looked down at his outfit, which shifted to a familiar blue-and-gold gym outfit, "this is one of the uniforms I got from Claremont, which they let me keep on account of needing at least one outfit that could stay with me."  He grinned, a bit mischievously, and the outfit shifted back to the brown-and-gray outfit he'd worn on arrival.  An idea suddenly hit, and now it was his turn to name-drop.  "Oh, if your tech folks need some help, I bet Miss Grue and Angelic would have some ideas!"

Andromeda's words made him do a double-take, and he kept a close eye on her as she did... whatever it was she did to the GoPro.  "Thanks... and, uh, yeah," he kept his eyes on her, "I know some folks, and they know some folks.  Might get Angelic to bring in some of those brains from ArcheTech.  Ah, sorry, but, where'd you say you were from?"

He turned to face Veronica, though an eyestalk slithered up from under the back of his shirt to keep a watch on Andromeda.  "Yeah, I think my future's finally starting to, ah, take shape."  He tried not to chuckle too much at his pun, with some success.  "I'll go see Saul first thin in the morning, you'll let me know of any missions I could help with, and Ace'll get back to me on stuff I can do with Danger Media and that news network."

"If you have an associate in ArcheTech I'm sure you can find a tailor as it were."  he paused with a vague shrug glancing to Andromeda and Victoria for a moment, "If you were working with Danger Industries there likely would be budget for such as well."  he posited noncommitally.  He did not manage such contracts but it would hopefully stop Andromeda from fabricating the requested device from trace elements in the air.

He smiled slightly at Davyds question as to Andi's origins and nodded, "She's a celestial body given humanoid form to explore and experience all the delights of earth."  he answered fondly with a truth that certainly sounded like it must be a lie or at least polite exaggeration.

"We'll send over any necessary paperwork for you and Saul to go over."  Ace promised and even set a task in his wrist communicator to remind him to actually do so, or at least delegate the responsibility of doing so to some poor underling.  "Glad we could offer some clarity to your pursuits and glad to meet one of Veronicas friends."

• 2 weeks later...

"Roughly seven hundred and ninety light years from your planet. Very roughly," Andromeda offered with a bright smile before she shook her head at Ace a little. "I wasn't given it; I made it. At the end of my star-cycle. I could have blown out and condensed down and gone white and cool but I wanted legs and arms and fingers and toes. It's better to experience up close then watch from far away. Observation is one thing but it's not a substitute for experience. So, I think, the more you can share your experiences with others, the greater a gift you'll be giving."