Delivery at Pier 18 [IC]

Ember Paw & Jos Terhune. Early Sunday morning (Sept 28th, around 2:00am), 2 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Jos's Home/Shoppe, Riverside, Downtown Freedom.

Ember looked at Jos hesitantly for a short time before replying. "Call Sirius, Sirius know's how to get hold of me. Sirius will arrange meeting between you and myself." Ember says eyeing Jos carfully.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Note tries to hide an embarrassed smile at the question. The only 'Stakeout' he had ever performed had gotten him a talking to from his father. He still believes that his father was more uncomfortable. 'I've got the patience to wait for things, if that's what you're asking. I'm not sure I should say anymore about what I may or may not have done. Sounds like a legal grey area."

Geckoman is a green wannabe. A lovely shade of green.

"More legally questionable than wearing spandex and beating up criminals? Anyway, I reckon we should go check the place out before we stake it out. They'd probably not take kindly to us just waltzing in and asking to look about, so... what time's the place closed? We could go take a look-see."

Geckoman, High Note, and Quark. Thursday evening (Sept 25th), 5 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Liberty Park, Parkside, Downtown Freedom.

The moon is a waning crescent, only 15% visible. 64 degrees, 20mph NE winds, and there's a light rain which has been pouring for the past two hours.

"It was my understanding that spandex-clad vigilante beating up criminals was fairly accepted here," he said, a bit of confusion in his voice. "Was I misinformed?"

I probably should read up on local laws sometime. If nothing else, to see just what I can get away with.

"As for when the place closes, I am afraid I cannot say: I know I saw a sign on the office I went to when I made my arrangements, but I do not recall their listed hours of operation."

Ember Paw & Jos Terhune. Early Sunday morning (Sept 28th, around 2:00am), 2 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Jos's Home/Shoppe, Riverside, Downtown Freedom.

The moon is a waning crescent, only 1% visible. 69 degrees, 96% humidity, 4mph ESE winds, overcast.

"Ah, I shall be sure to talk with him about that, then" Terhune said as he opened his door. "Would you... care you come in, have a cup of tea?"

Yes, Vulpes and I are definitely going to need to have a little talk.

Ember squrms uncomfortable, "Yes, you talk to him about it." Ember says timidly.

Shaking his head at Jos last offer Ember replies, "I would rather not, I go now yes? You can talk to Master later." Ember says adding the last part on for added effect.

The moon is a waning crescent, only 1% visible. 69 degrees, 96% humidity, 4mph ESE winds, overcast.

"Yes, yes, of course. I-"

When he turned back to face the werefox, it was already gone.

"Hunh."

All things considered, I'd say tonight went fairly well.

Jos went in and retired for the evening.

At the first chance he got Ember activated the Recall function on the key his mother had given him, Instantly transporting him to the inner gates of the Druids grove. Glad he had escaped much scrutiny from Jos, but dreading the conversation that was sure to come of it. Changing back into Sirius, Sirius made his way to his room to crash for the remander of the night. His next encounter with Jos wasn't one he was looking forward too...

"Well, if you don't know, let's go check it out!" Geckoman flicked out a remote from his belt, bringing his lurid green airship down to hover near the group. "Just so we know what we're looking for, what woul your cargo look like? Just a big crate, or is it wrapped packages in some recognisable shape?"

Geckoman, [High Note], and Quark. Thursday evening (Sept 25th), 5 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Liberty Park, Parkside, Downtown Freedom.

The moon is a waning crescent, only 15% visible. 64 degrees, 20mph NE winds, and there's a light rain which has been pouring for the past two hours.

"Two large crates," he explained, "containing numerous objects d'art from northwestern Europe, as well as tools I use in appraising artwork." He trailed off, "I hope they used enough packing material."

Sooner I get my stuff, the better off I'll be. Plus, I want to see these kids in action.

The cessation of rain falling caused Terhune to look up, "that... is an impressive airship, Mr. Gecko-Man!"

• 2 weeks later...

"Much more impressive is how much it costs to get repainted." He lowered the ramp. "I'm going to go look at this shipment place. Would you like to accompany us, or remain here and exchange contact details?" Geckoman wiped the rain off his goggles as he prepared to fly. I don't want to crash into more things. Doc Metropolis may come after me and embed me in a sidewalk.

• 2 weeks later...

Geckoman, [High Note], and Quark. Thursday evening (Sept 25th), 5 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Liberty Park, Parkside, Downtown Freedom.

"Oh, I think I will remain here," he said, a bit of nervousness creeping into his voice, "or, rather, in my warm and toasty home. But," he took out a notepad and scribbled a number on it, "do call me if you find anything on your excursions!"

Well, that's what I want you two to think, anyway.

He flashed his salesman's smile at them again.

Ember Paw & Jos Terhune. Tuesday morning (Sept 30th, around 8:00am), day of the Delivery at Pier 18. Jos's Home/Shoppe, Riverside, Downtown Freedom.

Sirius Vulpes had been laying low since his meeting (as Ember Paw) with Terhune the other night, but he did feel some obligation to show up and finalize the plans for picking up the shipment of goods which would, he had been told, form the initial backbone of his antiques shoppe.

When he opened the door to the shoppe, the place seemed empty, moreso than usual, in preparation for receiving the shipments. Suddenly, he heard Jos's voice, from behind him.

"Good morning, Mister Vulpes. I believe you and I have an important matter to discuss before we continue any further business."

Ember Paw & Jos Terhune. Tuesday morning (Sept 30th, around 8:00am), day of the Delivery at Pier 18. Jos's Home/Shoppe, Riverside, Downtown Freedom.

Sirius turns to face Jos, "Good morning to you too?" Sirius says casually as he ignored the gut wrenching emotion. It wasn't like he didn't know this talk was coming... Sirius looks at Jos with an innocent smile, playing Ignorant of the fact that he knew perfectly well what this conversation was going to be about...

• 2 weeks later...

Geckoman and Quark. Thursday evening (Sept 25th), 5 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Liberty Park, Parkside, Downtown Freedom.

It speaks! And... it's a moron!

Jos gives Quark a "what the f-?" look, then looks back to Geckoman, "yes, well, see what you can find at the pier, and prepare for your 'stake out' for when my crates arrive on the 30th, next Tuesday, to keep it safe from the crooks who are offering my fellow shopkeeps 'protection' services. The shipment should arrive at noon, but it will take several hours for it to clear customs, so I will not be able to pick them up until later that evening, though they may hit before the shipments are cleared to be unloaded. I know there are at least three people in this gang, but they may have additional back up. If you need to contact me, here is my number."

"The morning will be considerably better once you tell me about your little fox-friend," Jos said, getting straight to the matter. "Did he come with the book? Oh, do not worry, I am not upset: it is not that I mind, per se, my associates keeping some secrets -- it is an accepted risk of our business -- but something like this is, I think, worthy of noting on one's resume, yes?"

He truly did not look angry. He looked more like a cat with (what he thought was) a cornered mouse.

Sirius gave Jos a false 'I-just-been-caught-with-my-hand-in-the-cookie-jar-look' "Ah... well.. I did say I would have an acquaintance looking after it. I mean can you see me fighting a bunch of goons? The'd snap me like a twig." Sirius says sheepishly.

"But yes, It came with the book. His name's Ember. He's some form of humanoid Fox spirit. Not too bright, but follow's order's like a good little minion should." Sirius lied.

Geckoman and Quark. Thursday evening (Sept 25th), 5 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Liberty Park, Parkside, Downtown Freedom.

"Three gangsters? We could handle that. Don't worry, we'll make sure your stuff gets through to you fine! C'mon, Quark," said Geckoman, calling the ship down from the sky once more. "Shouldn't take too long to scope out the whole place."

Geckoman and Quark. Thursday evening (Sept 25th, ~7:30pm), 5 days before the Delivery at Pier 18. Liberty Park, Parkside, Downtown Freedom.

The moon is a waning crescent, only 15% visible. 63 degrees, 20mph NE winds; the rain has stopped for the moment, but looks like it could start back any minute.

Soon the two heroes return to the Waterfront, to scope out the scene.

Nothing immediately appears out of the ordinary. There are several workers still here, loading and unloading crates, but nothing looks too suspicious.

Or does it?

[[ Notice and Sense Motive checks, please. ]]

"Hurm." Jos mulled Sirius' words over, and seemed to believe him.

So my minion has a minion? Well, that is how most criminal empires start... right?

"As long as he remembers which end of the leash he's on, I've got no complaints. Will he be joining us on our delivery run?"

Sirius suddenly blushes with embarrassment, "Ah well that's actually why I'm here, you see some ah important business came up, and well you see I'm not going to be able to make it to the delivery..." Sirius says sheepishly. "But! thats why I came to see you, Ember will be there, and he's been told to follow all your order's." Sirius quickly added avoiding eye contact with Jos.

A black voice ripped from Hell itself sounded two inches behind Geckoman's right ear. "You're new at this, aren't you?" There was a massive figure in black just behind Geckoman when he turned around, ice-blue eyes visible behind a bone-white hockey mask. "Colors are wrong. Why green? Easy to spot." He disappeared at that, but was still there. "Why are you here?"

Geckoman raised his eyebrows. "Well, at least it's a costume, Mr Voorhees. And if you were some sort of crazy villain you'd have attacked by now. Logically, that makes you either a slightly saner crook or one of those vigilantes who never quite got over the Moore Act being repealed and suddenly becoming legal. You know ,the guys who overcompensate. So, frankly, I don't feel comfortable telling a Friday the 13th knock-off what I'm doing."

• 2 weeks later...

"Aw, man, why do I always end up with the creepy dudes. It's madness. Madness!" said Geckoman, putting his head in his hands. "Ok, we can work together on two conditions. One! Keep your eyes above the shoulder level. That spandex comment scared me with its unyielding creepiness. Two. You speak in coherent sentences. Don't Like. Grunting. Gets on. Nerves."