Delivery at Pier 18 [IC]

High Note (and Shadow Man?) and Jos, the Thursday before (Sept 24th), Mid-Day, Riverside Park

Are you trying to play me, boy? Hunh.

Jos smiles at Gordy, "Seven o'clock sounds perfectly fine, young man. I look forward to meeting with your... associates." He glanced at his watch, and seemed surprised at the time. "Oh, dear, I do need to get going. Again, think you very much, young man," he patted Gordy on the shoulder, "and I do apologize for any 'bad vibes' I gave earlier." He turned and began walking off, "Seven o'clock -- tell them not to be late!"

Tabitha Connely & Jos Terhune (and a snoopy Ember), 1:30-ish am Sept 28th, at the Fens

Ember Paw had been able to scramble up to one of the boarded-up side windows and peer in through a some gaps in the boarding. A few times he thought one of the cyber-gangters had looked his way, but he soon realized that they were just scanning the building in sweeps.

He was able to see the woman's demonstrations quite clearly. And he could see Jos's reactions.

Jos was for the most part reacting like a kid at his first magic show, clapping and smiling at the depictions of fell power. "Most impressive, m'Lady! I do believe I can find several uses for your abilities."

I definitely need to keep an eye on this one. If she's not mystically inclined in some way, if she is a run-of-the-mill mortal mutant, I'll eat my horns.

Kaars & his men also seemed impressed at what they saw, though when the two Wrath-filled folks ran off in search of cops to kill, a glance form Kaars sent one of the cyber-gangsters running after them.

Ember Paw saw the two rough-looking people run out, screaming to bust some cop skulls, followed by the cyber-gangster. The cyborg tore unbuttoned his coat, revealing his entire torso to be gleaming metal. The front of his torso flipped open, and twin machine guns popped out. Two two rage-filled people were quickly cut down in the streets in a thunderous flash of automatic gunfire. The cyborg then calmly walked over to the two, his guns retacting and torso closing as he did, and he hauled both bodies off down an alley.

"We ain't got no love for the cops, toots," Kaars says, apparently having learned English from gangster movies, "but we don't go makin' trouble, neither."

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tabitha Connely & Jos Terhune (and a snoopy Ember), 1:30-ish am Sept 28th, at the Fens

Ember watched and listened carefully, He would have to be careful with this new stranger she appeared to be fairly powerful, and a passable threat to his deal with mr. Terhune. Ember continued to watch and listen, thinking over the different possibilities of the future...

"We ain't got no love for the cops, toots," Kaars says, apparently having learned English from gangster movies, "but we don't go makin' trouble, neither."

Tabitha shrugs. "Well, I could have instilled Wrath toward ice cream trucks, but those are somewhat difficult to find this time of night. Besides, the issue is moot now."

She turns to Jos Terhune. "Unless there's anything else, I can return you home."

A simple antique dealer with enough connections to drag an entire cyber-enhanced mob out in the middle of the night just to facilitate a job interview, she thinks to herself. But something tells me that's not the only reason Cabot sent me to this one. He enjoyed this.

High Note (and Shadow Man?) and Jos, the Thursday before (Sept 24th), Mid-Day, Riverside Park

Gordy nods and walks back toward the other students, calling everyone to him before telling them all in no uncertain terms to be more careful, they may have been spotted. Unless they want everyone to know who they are, in which case he isn't going to stop them. The super-teen then excuses himself, telling everyone he's going to go look at the Sentry statue. Really he's just looking for an excuse to clear his head. There were a few problems with what he had agreed to. Like, not knowing anything about the man who wanted to meet with High Note, and the fact that so far no one else knew. Though perhaps his biggest problem would be how he was going to get back to Riverside Park after dinner. On a school night. 'I can't very well take the bus in my costume. I'm gonna need a ride. But from who? Heck, I'm not entirely sure who has a car. Doesn't one of the new guys have a ship?' "Geckoman. Wonder if he'd help me."

Geckoman & Quark, the Tuesday evening before (Sept 22nd), the Riverside Piers

Geckoman keeps on, with Quark in tow, sure he's on the right track. He then realizes the scent has subtly shifted to that of a several different dogs, and he's lost the trail.

And there are some theatre goers staring at him as he gets up off the ground.

High Note (and Shadow Man?) and Jos, the Thursday before (Sept 24th), Riverside Park

Terhune walks off, leaving High Note to his thoughts.

Tabitha Connely & Jos Terhune (and a snoopy Ember), early Sept 28th, at the Fens

Definitely keepin' an eye on this one.

Jos was still smiling, "I believe you have made more than a sufficient demonstration, madame. Yes, let us leave this place."

Before going, Jos and Kaars exchanged a few more words in their non-English language, then slapped each other on the back as they parted.

Geckoman keeps on, with Quark in tow, sure he's on the right track. He then realizes the scent has subtly shifted to that of a several different dogs, and he's lost the trail.

And there are some theatre goers staring at him as he gets up off the ground.

"Ladies and gentlemen, enjoy your shows for this evening," bowed the Geckoman, standing up and sidling off. "Yep... lost the trail... going into that alley to hide now... mmm'kay?"

Tabitha Connely & Jos Terhune (and a snoopy Ember), early Sept 28th, at the Fens

Ember watches, I wasn't quite sure what happened but if he had to guess the woman Jos was with had some kind of mind control power. But he wasn't completely sure, after all were had the gold came from?

Realizing they were leaving Ember quickly hid. The last thing he wanted was to be spotted buy Jos or his new friend, let alone one of the thugs....

Quark looks confused as Geckoman makes his stage left. He shrugs and floats along side his walking companion into the alleyway, "So, are we going to backtrack and try to find the more humanoid of the three choices that were laid out?"

As they walk outside the warehouse, Tabitha begins to unfurl her whip in order to begin the journey home. Then a small movement catches her eye, and she realizes they have an uninvited guest.

Casually, Lady Iniquity lashes out with her whip, creating a portal. "Shall we?" she asks. She gestures up toward the skyline, at a nearby rooftop east of the warehouse; in reality, Tabitha has opened the portal to emerge a few feet behind whoever is spying on them.

Add +4 to the Bluff check total if you feel the Attractive feat applies in this circumstance. I'm not sure it would, so I left it off my roll.

Gordy was uncharacteristically quite on the way back to Claremont. Of course for Gordy uncharacteristically quite is still pretty chatty, so no one seems to catch on. Possibly they are relieved to be able to get a word in edgewise during a conversation. When at last the bus pulls up to their stop Gordy is one of the first ones off, striding briskly toward the school. Hopefully someone would still be at the administration desk. Thankfully, as dinner hasn't started yet, there is.

"Hi, can you tell me Geckoman's room number? I need to talk to him. Thanks."

Geckoman and Quark slowly make their way back to the docks.

As they make their way back, Geckoman can tell that the passage of time is eroding the trails, so his chances of tracking down one of the other two is slim. But, he does take some small comfort in knowing that there were three distinct trails, and if he happened upon the individuals who left them in the street he could probably tell who they were. It also meant that when the time came, there'd likely only be three guys (and maybe a dog or two) to contend with.

Quark's mind drifts back to the ad he saw online, the one quite probably linked to the docks that Geckoman dragged him out to explore. Part of him wondered if he, or both of them, should try and contact the man, to see just what was up. The article made brief mention of a "protection" racket that was being set up by some thugs, but nothing about what was in the shipment that the thugs were out to steal or destroy.

High Note (and Shadow Man?) and Geckoman, the Thursday before (Sept 24th), Riverside Park

"Geckoman?" the assistant, a middle-age balding man in glasses, repeated. "Now, let me see... I know a Beck O'Mann... and an Ackerman... but I can't say I know a 'Gecko-Man'. Must be some sorta, whatchcallit, nickname you kids use among yerselves. You might wanna try askin' the students."

At that moment, Chris Kenzie ran by, looking to get a quick bite to eat. He did overhear the mention of "Geckoman."

The pup is here. Interesting. Has he been following me, or is this mere coincidence? If he's following me, why? Is there some link between him and the book Vulpes has? If it's coincidence, how? Has the pup chosen this area as his hunting grounds?

Jos kept his smile on as he peered through the portal Lady Iniquity created, and gives her a curt nod. "You know, it is a bit of a pity I was not able to see you perform under real combat conditions. Using powers on a group of cowed homeless vagrants and the losers of underground street fights is one thing, but seeing you in actual battle conditions would be quite another." He gave a slight sigh, "Still, I am sure that, in the very near future, you will have ample opportunity to show just what you are made of."

As Ember was spotted buy the thug, Ember cursed at himself for getting over confident in his abilities. Thankfully however his prey hadn't seemed to have noticed him.

Thinking about his options, He couldn't attack the thug, that would alert Jos and Tabitha. But if he did nothing the thug would surly do so anyway. Not to mention Ember didn't particularly wish to be on the receiving end of the twin guns, Or Tabitha's powers.

As his options went through his brain, his inherent fox nature kicked in, there wasn't a way for him to win this fight, Not easily in any case. If he attacked one thug the other's would probably come running. And he doubted he would be able to hold up against Tabitha's mind control or what ever her power's were. And Lastly he would ruin Jos's trust in Sirius should he see the Fox Fire emblem from the book on Ember's fur. No Ember only had one option according to his Fox nature... Run.

Ember leaped up to the nearest roof, Not caring about stealth, He than started to run at full speed, leaping across the roofs as fast as he could, hoping that by the time the thug alerted the other's he'd be too far for them to see or catch...

Geckoman and Quark slowly make their way back to the docks.

As they make their way back, Geckoman can tell that the passage of time is eroding the trails, so his chances of tracking down one of the other two is slim. But, he does take some small comfort in knowing that there were three distinct trails, and if he happened upon the individuals who left them in the street he could probably tell who they were. It also meant that when the time came, there'd likely only be three guys (and maybe a dog or two) to contend with.

Quark's mind drifts back to the ad he saw online, the one quite probably linked to the docks that Geckoman dragged him out to explore. Part of him wondered if he, or both of them, should try and contact the man, to see just what was up. The article made brief mention of a "protection" racket that was being set up by some thugs, but nothing about what was in the shipment that the thugs were out to steal or destroy.

"Well, at least should we run into the guys later, I can recognise their scent. Suppose all we can do now is disrupt the robbery next week without any intel on ity, unless you've got an idea?"

High Note (and Shadow Man?) and Geckoman, the Thursday before (Sept 24th), Riverside Park

"Geckoman?" the assistant, a middle-age balding man in glasses, repeated. "Now, let me see... I know a Beck O'Mann... and an Ackerman... but I can't say I know a 'Gecko-Man'. Must be some sorta, whatchcallit, nickname you kids use among yerselves. You might wanna try askin' the students."

At that moment, Chris Kenzie ran by, looking to get a quick bite to eat. He did overhear the mention of "Geckoman."

"I'll help him find the guy, alright?" smiled Chris at the man at the desk, grabbing Gordy by the shoulders and whirling him around, before dragging him off some distance from the desk. "I'm Geckoman, although secret identities, man? Really? Chris Kenzie around here" He proferred his hand to the other teen.

Darian sighs and nods with a bit of disappointment, "Well, I could go back home and get more information from Oddjobs." His disappointment turns into a bit of a shocked, but happy look, "In fact, I can talk directly to the person who posted the job if he is online! If not I can message him privately."

Tabitha nods at Jos' comments. "Yes, I am sure that opportunity will arise sooner than we think." With that, she steps through her portal...

... arriving only a few feet behind where their clandestine intruder once stood. She snarls when she realizes her target is no longer there, and looks around. She easily sees the fleeing form of the spy, as he or she is making no attempt to sneak away. But her target is moving fast, and is out of her line of sight before she can even decide what to do. Cursing, she lashes out with her whip and opens another portal, this one opening up on the rooftop, where she hopes to catch sight of her fleeing quarry.

Two move actions in this round; one to Teleport to Ember's (former) location, the second to Teleport again to the roof he just went up to try and spot him. I'm assuming here that with Ember's Speed and Leaping there was no way I was going to get any powers off on him this time around.

"I'll help him find the guy, alright?" smiled Chris at the man at the desk, grabbing Gordy by the shoulders and whirling him around, before dragging him off some distance from the desk. "I'm Geckoman, although secret identities, man? Really? Chris Kenzie around here" He proferred his hand to the other teen.

Gordy takes Chris's hand in a firm handshake. "Yeah, I only knew your first name. And that likely wouldn't have narrowed it down by all that much. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase. I need a bit of a favor. I may have agreed to meet up with a local storekeeper in my secret identity tonight at around 7, in riverside park. I can't drive, nor can I really take the bus in my costume, and you're the only guy I know with his own means of transportation. Plus there's just something about this guy I don't quite trust. Probably that he was observing us the whole time he was at the park. Sooo....yeah. Long story short, can I get a ride back up there after dinner?"

Gordy gives his most 'please-help-me' smile.

"It could be fun."

Quark hits upon an idea. Going back to his place, he tries to contact the poster of the job online, but fails to find any contact info. Just the instructions to meet him in Riverside Park, between noon and 1:00pm, any day this week.

The week's almost over, which means tomorrow's the last day to meet him!!!1!

Chris and Gordy chat. The assistant goes back to his newspaper.

Hunh, she saw him, too. I'll have to keep in mind that she's got a good eye.

Jos smirks as he watches Iniquity chase after the fox-man. He turns his head slightly as two of the cyber-goons step to his sides, aiming weapons at the roof. He turns more and sees Kaars, and gestures to him; the men turns, and Kaars gestures to them. They lower/retract their weapons.

">"*

""*, one of the goons asked, looking back and forth between Kaars and Terhune.

">"*

* Translated from Crazy Foreign Speak.

Remember that you can use Extra Effort to surge and gain an additional standard or move action, before or after your normal actions for the round.

Ember continues to run, jumping from rooftop to rooftop as he needs. Ember doesn't bother to looking back. A small scowl crosses his face, how could he have been so lazy! If Jos see's or saw him than he could have jeopardized Sirius's whole deal.

Thoughts raced through Ember's mind, He had heard the crack of the mind-lady's teleport whip-thing. which meant one of two things, Jos and his new friend were either heading home... or more likely, had spotted Ember and were now chasing him.

While Ember was sure he could run fast, he doubted he could outrun a teleporter. He had to do something else? but what!...

Round 1 (Initiative 11): No damage; Fatigued; 1 HP

Remember that you can use Extra Effort to surge and gain an additional standard or move action, before or after your normal actions for the round.

Good point. Sorry, haven't been in a real MnM game for a while, rules-fu gets rusty...

On the roof, Tabitha spots the fleeing form of the intruder, running and leaping at impossible speeds. Not fast enough, though. "Poor dear," she says to herself. "All that running must make you... hungry."

Use a free action to switch Array to the Gluttony power, then Surge with Extra Effort for a standard action to use the power on Ember.

DC 20 Will Save (mental effect). If he fails, this will only establish control; I need another move action to actually issue the command.

Quark hits upon an idea. Going back to his place, he tries to contact the poster of the job online, but fails to find any contact info. Just the instructions to meet him in Riverside Park, between noon and 1:00pm, any day this week.

The week's almost over, which means tomorrow's the last day to meet him!!!1!

"Then we are left with one option, Dar... I mean, Quark. We must go to the park tomorrow and meet this man!" He spun and pointed wildly into the air. "This looks like a job for two schoolkids in costumes!"

Gordy takes Chris's hand in a firm handshake. "Yeah, I only knew your first name. And that likely wouldn't have narrowed it down by all that much. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase. I need a bit of a favor. I may have agreed to meet up with a local storekeeper in my secret identity tonight at around 7, in riverside park. I can't drive, nor can I really take the bus in my costume, and you're the only guy I know with his own means of transportation. Plus there's just something about this guy I don't quite trust. Probably that he was observing us the whole time he was at the park. Sooo....yeah. Long story short, can I get a ride back up there after dinner?"

Gordy gives his most 'please-help-me' smile.

"It could be fun."

"A local storekeeper in Riverside Park? Hold on... me and Darian met a guy there yesterday. I'll take you there, yeah. I'll fill you in on what we did there en-route," said Chris. Odd. This man seems to like young superhumans. Very odd.

"A local storekeeper in Riverside Park? Hold on... me and Darian met a guy there yesterday. I'll take you there, yeah. I'll fill you in on what we did there en-route," said Chris. Odd. This man seems to like young superhumans. Very odd.

"Really? He was there more than one day in a row? Creepy. Although.....I suppose that means lots of people must have seen him. Yet he supposedly needs protection from thugs? Something about this seems off. Whatever, we can brain storm on the way. I need to grab my costume and some food. Shall we meet in the parking lot at say....6:00-6:15? That should leave us with plenty of time to get there, maybe do some scouting."

Gordy visibly relaxes now that he'd found some help. His stomach growls, and he gives an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry, haven't eaten in awhile.

Geckoman & Quark, the Tuesday evening before (Sept 22nd), the Cale Household

"Well, you are going to need some sleep," Darian says turning his focus away from the computer screen when he sees the clock at a little past 21:00, "If you wish, you can stay here for the night. We have a guest room on the second floor." Looking back to the screen and refreshing the page, he sighs when he sees the man still isn't online, "I will try to get more information about our employer." Darian gets up from the chair he sits in and acts as an usher through the portal.

"Really? He was there more than one day in a row? Creepy. Although.....I suppose that means lots of people must have seen him. Yet he supposedly needs protection from thugs? Something about this seems off. Whatever, we can brain storm on the way. I need to grab my costume and some food. Shall we meet in the parking lot at say....6:00-6:15? That should leave us with plenty of time to get there, maybe do some scouting."

Gordy visibly relaxes now that he'd found some help. His stomach growls, and he gives an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry, haven't eaten in awhile.

"Yeah, I need to go grab a snack and my costume too. And refill on smokebombs. They all get used so fast... Six seems fine, it'll give me time to prep the ship as well. See ya later," he said, turning to leave. Hah, and he never suspected a thing! Hah! What does 'prep the ship' even mean?

Geckoman & Quark, the Tuesday evening before (Sept 22nd), the Cale Household

"Well, you are going to need some sleep," Darian says turning his focus away from the computer screen when he sees the clock at a little past 21:00, "If you wish, you can stay here for the night. We have a guest room on the second floor." Looking back to the screen and refreshing the page, he sighs when he sees the man still isn't online, "I will try to get more information about our employer." Darian gets up from the chair he sits in and acts as an usher through the portal.

"Coolio. By the way, where's your bathroom, I need to clean up a little. Spandex clings. And it's sweaty. I also need to alert the dorms, probably..." pondered Chris. "Anyway, couldn't you just set it up to alert you when he does come on? Saves you sitting staring at the screen all night hoping he turns up?

Geckoman & Quark, the Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning before (Sept 22nd/23rd), Quark's Place

Quark finds nothing about the guy who posted the ad on OddJobs.com. The site itself is set up like the Classified's section of a newspaper, the only contact info available is what the poster chooses to give out. Which, in this case, is a description of the person you'll contact.

High Note (and Shadow Man?) and Geckoman, the Thursday before (Sept 24th), Claremont

Chris and Gordy make plans to meet up with Mr. Terhune that evening. Gordy gets some food in his belly, and they meet up in the parking lot at 6-ish.

As he was prepping, Chris's phone went off. It was Darian Cale, calling to see if he'd found out anything more about the guy with the Pier 18 job.*

Pup's fast. But my girl's faster.

Jos and the cyber-goons continue watching Lady Iniquity chase down the odd fox-man, at least as best they can given how fast they two are going.

* I okayed this with Sandman beforehand.