Silver Screen Dreams

GM Post
The calm look of her face quickly slid into one of pure rage, as her carefully constructed imaged began to crack as her features took on a more wraith like visage. She floated up into the air as she again looked more like the form know from her time in Freedom City. In her anger the castle faded into nothing but a white space, not a simple white but that caused by the light from a projector striking a cinema screen.

You shall all stuffer from you insolence…” she raged with a banshee screech “All of you shall suffer…”

Something was happening to the void, but it wasn’t an effect from the cinema it was that of an old school television. The corners of the void was folding into a cathode ray blackness, slowly enough that for a moment she hadn’t noticed but even she was confused as to what was happening.

No wait I need more time, you promised, you promised...”

Finally all you could see was everything going down to a dot, television killing the movie star.

GM Post

Then you were back in the cinema, in the same places as when you had all left. The chatter from others picking up as if nothing had happened. The heroes however knew something had happened and a quick glance at the clock showed that it was now after midnight.

Almost nothing had changed, except for the posters of Nosferatu, now it showed that of Lauren Hammond in her Dracula role. Hopefully this was just a side effect of what had happen, though out of the corner of your eye you were sure she was moving however slowly...

GHOST

Right, that pissed off Silver Banshee, and then...

Then it all just kind of ended?

Everything folded in on her, she disappeared, and they were back.

Casper raised his goggles away from his eyes and looked around. The others that had been in there, they looked around strangely too, at least he wasn't the only one that had seen what had happened, but still...

"Freaking magic..." he muttered to no one in particular.

"Yeah, magic sucks," Grim nodded in agreement. She was happy to see the situation resolved without violence, even though part of her was actually excited at the thought of a tussle. This was in part, she realized, because she wanted to see a bit more of Ghost in action. On that note...

"Hey, if you ever have another supernatural situation, or you, I dunno, just need someone to share a bitch session with, give me a call."

A business card appeared between her fingertips, very clearly by magic; it simply read 'Grimalkin' and had her private HeroHouse number.

"I'd like the chance to work together again." And then her voice dropped an octave, the huskier tones of a mature adult. "And by the way, Grimalkin may be a perpetual teenager, but I mostly certainly am not."

She winked and have him double finger guns before fading from sight.

Edited by Heritage

Horrorshow

"Well, that's fittingly ominous, yeah?," Davyd remarked as Silver Scream winked out, more thinking aloud than addressing anyone specifically.  "We should probably report this to someone, both her appearance and the hint that she was working with someone.  Or something.  Hey Grim, you think-" he turned to his mentor, but caught her last few words to Ghost before she faded from sight. 

Wait, was she flirting with him?  Well, I might as well put in a good word for her. 

He approached Ghost, hand out, all smiles.  "Nice work you did there!  We four made a pretty good team, you and me and Grimalkin and Sjhadowborne.  I've been working with Grim for some time, learned a lot!  If you're looking for a mentor, she's a solid choice, yeah."

GHOST

"Huh."

Casper held the card in his hand for a moment, watching as Grimalkin faded from sight. What was that all about?

Horrowshow, the kid, spoke up, saying they were a good team. Casper kind of agreed, but they didn't get to do that much. He was about to respond when he took in Horrorshow's last line about the mentor and... Casper just froze.

"What." His tone was completely flat. Casper knew that he wasn't exactly the most well known hero around Freedom or anything like that, but... "Look, kid, I appreciate the intent, but... I'm maybe a bit too old for that, yeah? I've probably been at this almost as long as you've been alive. I mean... c'mon. Did I look that bad out there?" 

This was... yeah. 

Ugh, that hurt.

Was that why Grimalkin had given him that card in the first place? That'd be... Yeah, he did not need that kind of trouble right this moment.