Nevermore II

Charlie gave a brief nod in response to Utsawa, then back to showing off his stuff.

"Sure, it's slick and all, but it's remote control, not some kind of A.I. or whatever Ryder's got going for the robugs," he explained, adjusting the watch a bit to make the R.V.D. fly over closer to black, hovering above it and moving around. "Pretty useful for reconnaissance, at least. And yeah, it's keyed to the watch, but I usually control it with some built in controls in my uniform." 

He shrugged a bit at Ryder's comment about the aesthetic.

"Hey, got a brand to maintain. The boss would probably have my hide if I went with anything but black or greys."

Artificer

He smiled as Cyan toyed with the battery, and continued offering one in an outstretched hand to Black.  "So, you are as committed to your aesthetic as Ryder is?," he asked Charlie, glancing back and forth between the two boys.  "I can certainly appreciate that - even with so much Surfacer influence on my works, their design remains unquestionably Atlantean!"

Heroditus reflexively nodded back at Utsawa, then smiled broadly at him when it fully hit him who it was that had entered.  "Ah, Utsawa!  I was going to look for you later!  I came up with a few ideas over the summer that may benefit from your input."  His focus drifted slightly back to the RoBugs and the R.V.D., "that is, once we all get settled in, of course."

He was focused on the R.V.D. again, paying special attention to its head and optics, then suddenly turned his head to face the Bernadettes.  "Say, do you -- ah, apologies, Cyan! -- ah, do you have a mentor figure?  These two," he gestured with his free hand to Charlie and Utsawa, "have had various mentors and trainers, even before coming here.  Do you have anyone to help you, outside of Claremont?"

Multi-Girl Duplicates

The two redheaded duplicates smirked slightly as Ryder mentioned his Robugs not going into anyone's room without permission. "Well, that’s a good thing. Still, they are pretty amazin',"

The two turned at the sound of a new arrival, giving Utsawa identical smiles in greeting. "'ello Utsawa, not surprisin' that we haven' met, we are new this year." Stated one of the duplicates.

"We," The other Irish teen gestured to herself and the other duplicate, "are Bernadette, that is, duplicates o' her."

The duplicates listened as Charlie explained the differences between his RVD and Ryder's Robugs and the group discussed each of the teen's dedication to their particular aesthetic. It was becoming very apparent that all of the older teens were rather experienced in the superhuman community. It was then that Heroditus asked his question to the two duplicates about mentors.

"Umm…unless you count me lacrosse coach, no." Replied one of the duplicates.

"Powers an' all o' this is totally new ta us." Stated the other.

"Utsuwa! Man, I coulda said the same thing to you, ha!" Hurrying over he met his roommate's casual entrance with an enthusiastic hug with his free arm that threatened to lift the other teenager off balance. A questioning buzz came from the box under his other arm, then Yellow poked her almond shaped head out from the cardboard flaps. Seeing Utsuwa the robotic yellowjacket wiggled free and flew in a circle around the young swordsman then hovered nearby his shoulder with a relieved sounding hum. She not-so-subtlety kept Utsuwa between herself and Charlie's menacing drone. "So, that's where you went! I think she missed having, y'know, the voice of reason around."

He turned to the R.V.D.'s operator and raised his hand palm outward with a disarming smile. "Hey, I'd never object to the whole monochrome look! Nat would know." He paused briefly before adding in a rush as if to avoid that promised detection, "Maybe an accent colour, maybe! Not gold, though. She'd know about that, too."

Utsawa accepted the hug with his own free arm, feet shifting to steady his balance in the practiced manner of one familiar with hand to hand combat, and Ryders enthusiastic platonic affections.  "So long as it is a sufficiently dark shade right?"  He offered Charlie with a slightly smile.

"My input Heroditus?"  He asked in mild confusion, "Well if I can help."  He shrugged and was once more caught off guard by the twins not being twins but a duplicator.  "That should be less surprising given where we are."  he admitted laughing off his shock, "Duplicates, secret clones, it takes all kinds I suppose."

Utsuwa aimed a fond half smile at Yellowjacket and a knowing nod, "She's a clever girl then."  he replied to his roommate with an ease that had taken some time to develop but the time put into socializing the young man seemed to have paid dividends over the summer and last year.  

Artificer

The Atlantean scratched his head at Bernadette's reply, "La Cross?  You had a religion coach?  Oh!," he clasped his hands together suddenly, "you were part of a religious institution before coming here!  Training to become a member of the clergy, yes?  Serving the multitudes, tending to their spiritual well-being," he held his hands out to her/them and smiled, "a most noble calling!"

"Oh, I am certain you can help," he replied to Utsawa, "or, at the very least, lead me to ones who might."  He approached the Japanese teen, "over the summer I had a chance to speak with a master of Atlantean tattoo magic," he gestured to Utsawa's sleeves of art, "and had the idea to compare and contrast what I learned there with similar Surfacer techniques.  And since you're the only one I know who has such mystical markings," he shrugged, "that seemed the best place to start."

Multi-Girl Duplicates

The two redheaded duplicates smiled slightly at Utsawa's comment about there being someone with Bernadette’s powers at a place like Claremont. Of course the Irish teen was not quite used to that fact, but was very quickly realizing she needed to.

When Heroditus was confused by the two mentioning lacrosse, the pair initially laughed, but quickly stopped at the Atlantean teen's misunderstanding. "No, that's not quite it. I mean, I did go ta Catholic school, but I wasn' trainin' ta be a nun or anythin'." One of the two stated quickly to address the misunderstanding.

"Lacrosse is a team sport." Added the other. "Not that I disagree that focusin' on the spiritual well-bein' o' others isn' a noble callin', just don' want ya ta think that is what I was doin'."

Nevermore II

"Nah, not just dark shades. Gotta be blacks, greys, stuff like that, except for logos and highlights. The boss got his priorities, only so much you can do about colors with him." Charlie offered in response to Utsuwa and Ryder. "Trust me, you do not want to see what the Raven does when he wants something to be colorful." Charlie shuddered for a second at the memory, before adjusting the controls on his watch slightly to send the R.V.D. flying back towards his room. Plenty of people here now, didn't really need it around. "Taught me to be real good at dodging, at least..."

"Oh, uh... That's good? Yeah?" Ryder offered unconvincingly off of Charlie's shuddering recollection, exchanging an uncertain look with Utsuwa. Usually when his roommate described training he'd undergone before his time at Claremont by describing how it had taught him to avoid injury it fell under the broad category of what Ryder himself considered 'deeply messed up'. "Like... as in paintball? Oh, that's also a team sport, Hero. Like a war-game thing with toy guns that shoot colourful little balls of, y'know, paint! But yeah, lacrosse! That's awesome." He turned back to the Bernadettes with a dimpled grin, reflexively trying to keep the conversation rolling past any awkwardness to make the new student feel welcome. "They don't do a ton of that sort of thing here 'cause different powers and biology and stuff makes it tricky and it'd be a jerk move to compete with other schools that didn't know a bunch of our players were metahumans but hey! You could be a whole team on your own, yeah? Oh, wait! Could you be both teams? You'd be perfectly evenly matched, that'd be wild to watch!"

Utsawa winced inwardly as the art on his arms was pointed out thought carefully about his response, "Ah yes, Well."  he resisted the urge to cross his arms and cover the flames of the phoenix and demonic visage that decorated his limbs.  "I did not perform the work myself and those that did do not make the best conversationalists."  he admitted gingerly, "But I have put some study into their workings I'm sure we can compare notes."  He offered companionably to the excited Atlantean, "I would like to know more myself."

He shared Ryders uncertain glance with a small shrug.  Nothing he'd seen in his time about the Ravens roost suggested anything akin to his own brutal training but he'd not say anyone bearing that moniker would lack the conviction if they felt it necessary.  He happily joined his roommates attempts to keep the conversation on brighter topics, "I imagine it could draw a crowd even in these jaded halls."  he suggested with an easy smile.  "I wasn't aware the game had much following in Europe, was it a large league?"

Artificer

Heroditus paled upon realizing his faux pas with Bernadette, "oh, sports!  Yes, those... those are things you Surfacers do.  I mean, ah," color quickly rushed back to his cheeks, "we have sports, too, down in Atlantis.  Many gladiatorial competitions!," he added, pumping his arms a bit.  "Not really my thing, though.  Maybe designing an arena or court, that would be more in my area."

He gave his new roommate a quizzical look, curious about what sort of training would elicit such a reaction, but Ryder's energetic reply set him to a new train of thought.  "Ah, we do have something similar!  Well, we did, before The Sinking.  A bit hard to do that now, though various attempts have been made with various adhesives and sealants mixed in with the dyes.  The results were," he shuddered a bit, remembering the youths who had required skin grafts after using a too-strong batch, "unpleasant.  Ah, but," a smile crept across his face, "but perhaps that is something you and I could work on?!"

His heart fell a bit at Utsawa's response, though he was gladdened on seeing his willingness to help nonetheless.  "Ah, then we can learn together!  Wonderful!  Oh, this will be a productive year," he looked to all assembled, "for all of us!"

Multi-Girl

"Yeah, Heroditus and Charlie were explainin' that ta us earlier." One of the redheaded duplicates stated when Ryder brought up how Claremont did not have sports teams, let alone ones that competed with other schools. "It makes sense though, given that many students here would have an unfair advantage."

When Ryder mentioned how the duplicates could play an entire game against themselves the other duplicate grinned slightly. "We haven' really tried that, it might just work. Would be interestin' ta give it a try at least."

When Utsawa commented about lacrosse in Europe one of the duplicates looked over. "Oh, it does have a pretty small followin' in Europe. There is a European league, which has been growin’' but still a much smaller  than football. But I learned ta play in Boston. My family moved there about seven years ago."

When Heroditus seemed momentarily embarrassed by his misunderstanding regarding lacrosse, one of the duplicates looked to him and gave a friendly smile. "No, it's me fault, I shouldn' have assumed you would know what lacrosse is."

Nevermore II

Ah, great, conversation going away from the Vest, that was... that was good, yes. Charlie didn't really feel the need to bring it back into the conversation.

"But, hey, we could probably figure out some sports here, anyway. Could be interesting training, y'know. Wouldn't be that different, just gotta figure out how to use your powers to not hurt others, right?" He smirked. "Or for us mere mortals to try and keep up with the rest of you."