Luke tossed a worried look toward Angela as she seemed to falter in her flight and winced. He was ready to dart down to help (assuming he could do so in time at least), remembering quite well the first few times that he had tried stretching his wings.  His posture relaxed a bit when he saw her regaining control.

----

"I know sir... It was my idea though." Luke objected. Now, Wilona might have perhaps attracted the Coach's ire, which, all in all wasn't that bad of a thing in Luke's books, but it still was his responsibility. "I mean me and Leon, we are gonna keep a good watch on everyone.Hopefully... He thought, after all one of them was already leaving. So yeah. Awesome.

He landed with his paws on the sidewalk, with all the grace that a bus-sized lizard could muster, which, admittedly wasn't exactly much.  

"Goodbye sir." Luke waved at Mr. Armstrong playfully with one of his claws. Now for sure he was gonna pay for that. But whatever right? It was not like the Coach couldn't have found another excuse to pick on  him anyway. 

On 3/2/2022 at 4:15 AM, EternalPhoenix said:

“He didn’t know that. I could have blown him off the planet for startling me. And furthermore, I can leave whenever the hell I want. Emancipated minor.”

"All of us can... Dunno about you, but I'm here by choice..." Luke replied . "I mean It's not like we are in juvie you know..." Yep, not anymore in his case at least.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:35 PM, Spacefurry said:

”It’s always the red-heads.”

"Love at first sight." Luke chuckled. "Well... wanna go after her?" He nudged his friend. 

On 3/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, ChrisClark13 said:

"So we're finishing this up on foot then?" she asked after a moment, "Assuming that you two aren't in too much trouble."

"Yeah and no worries... As I said... favorite student of his here." The young dragon grinned, although perhaps it wasn't exactly a reassuring one given his impressive collection of fangs. "Anyway..." Luke stretched his massive serpentine neck and slowly shifted back to his human form. 

"Now the plan is to show you the fighting simulator and have some fun... It's a pity that not everyone is in the mood to show off..."

Invisigirl and Effigy

Naomi was annoyed. But she wasn’t the type to issue threats or try to intimidate people with displays of power. She wasn’t the type to hide it, either. So Armstrong didn’t actually get through the gym door. There was a plane of invisible force in the way. Obvious perpetrator (one of the new kids) was obvious, so when he turned around Naomi was right in front of him, wearing a angry expression. “You’re a jerk. I don’t like you.” And then the entire gymnasium disappeared, turned invisible along with anyone inside. For precisely long enough for said persons to start to realize something was wrong but not long enough to think it wasn’t merely one’s own imagination. So, three seconds, maybe a tiny bit less. “Wil waves. We disappear. Like always.” She shook her head to cut off a reply. “I know. Rules are important. But being nice is a rule, too.” Then she turned invisible, flew back, landed, and became visible again.

Just in time to sag into the returning Wilona. That was a rather large chunk of Naomi’s daily social energy allotment, and she was tired now. “Why are we pretending I know where I’m-eh? Well, if you’re tired. Oh, did you yell at him too?” She laughed. “Tell me somebody got that on video. What?” She waved halfheartedly in the general direction of the gym. “Screw that guy, I’m not letting him ruin my day. You said something about showing off, dragoboy? I’m game for that.”

Paper

Leon signed in defeat as Coach Armstrong laid into Wilona, only to have the girl fire back with as much heat. He mentally thanked Luke for attempting damage control of his own. The calm tone Armstrong responded with though told him the chance of extra practicing could be in all their futures.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:22 AM, Nerdzul said:

"Love at first sight." Luke chuckled. "Well... wanna go after her?" He nudged his friend. 

He shot his roommate a smirk but was distracted by Naomi’s ‘outburst’ on Armstrong. He turned to address the Coach again, his hands up in a placating gesture.

“Okay, so she has a fiery tempter. I wasn’t the most cooperative student when I first got here either, but I’ve made progress. Just give her a chance to cool off.”

He said, hopefully sounding sincere.

10 hours ago, EternalPhoenix said:

“Screw that guy, I’m not letting him ruin my day. You said something about showing off, dragoboy? I’m game for that.”

“See, she just needs to blow off some steam… wow, those were unintentional fire puns.”

He bemuses before calling after the Coach, trying to sound confident.

“I promise we’ll keep it on the down low from here on.”

He said with his most assuring smile.

Turning back to the group, his smile slips as he exhales.

“We’ll that coulda gone better.”

He rubs his hands together and tries to regain some composure as he glances over at Luke.

“So than, to the simulator?”

Leon made a gesture towards the gym.

”We can work up an appetite for lunch.”

Angela stayed back and watched the drama unfold, content to stay out of the posturing going on. Though truth be told, she might've handled it much, much worse if she was the target of someone else's ire like that. It was better... better for everyone else if she stayed quiet, collected, calm, and to the sidelines now.

When the entire gym vanished for a moment, Angela's eyes widened in awe for a moment and she couldn't help but shoot a shocked glance over at James. Though when she looked back everything was back to normal.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, Spacefurry said:

Turning back to the group, his smile slips as he exhales.

“We’ll that coulda gone better.”

He rubs his hands together and tries to regain some composure as he glances over at Luke.

“So than, to the simulator?”

Leon made a gesture towards the gym.

”We can work up an appetite for lunch.”

Angela nodded along and started walking. However, a frown sat on her face as she thought about the other two girls. Her first thoughts was that those two were lucky that they could just show off like that- that they didn't have to be afraid of their own powers. Luckier still that they had each other...

Though then she remembered that she wasn't really alone either. The scientists over at ArcheTech, her own mom, and now... Claremont were all here to try and help her get back on her newly-clawed feet.

She let out a deep sigh and stretched out her arms, wings, and tail. "Well, that was something," she commented aloud, her expression relaxing. After all, who knows what everyone else has gone through.

The dragon-girl turned her horned head towards her guides, a smirk on her face, "Know what, first dibs on the battle simulator." If the others were going to all show off, she might as well take the chance to as well. Besides, she hadn't yet gotten a real chance to try out her abilities in a fight, real or fake, since she got her powers.

GM

Armstrong stopped in his tracks and looked at Naomi for a moment. He seemed absolutely shocked, like he was compeltely prepared for the kind of yelling that Wilona threw at him, but having someone talking to him like Naomi just did.

He opened his mouth for a moment, like he was trying to say something, then closed it again, then swallowed. He looked over at where Naomi appeared again near Wilona, looked like he was about to yell, then stopped and turned away, disappearing back into the gym again without another word.

Edited by RocketLord

FREEDOM EAGLE  

Everything disappeared, everything was gone, then it was back, and even Naomi was complaining to the teacher and, James looked like he just wanted to disappear himself. He returned Angela's shocked glance. With everything back in place, he hurried up closer to Luke and Leon, as they led the way towards the simulator.

"I-Is every day here like this? A-all teachers like that here?"

He didn't seem to like the thought of it being like that, but at least they were moving on now, towards the simulator.

Paper

Under the Gym, Leon and Luke stood in the control room of the school’s simulation room. Leon tapped commands into the computer. A couple last keystrokes and he had everything ready to go. Inside the simulator room the loud speakers cut on.

“Remember, this is just a simulation. Getting hit will still sting, but it ain’t gonna kill ya.”

In the simulation room, the walls shimmered as a street formed under the new students’ feet. Along the street, shops  form down along the sidewalks with a bodega familiar to Leon and Luke appears behind the new students.

In the control room Leon grins over at Luke before turning back to the microphone.

“Luke and I handled this in our first year. You guys should be able to do just fine.”

Sure he and his roomie had had help when it happened to them, but they didn’t need to know that just yet.

GM

The new students might have expected something bigger or more outlandish, but this was what they were presented with. A nearby street near a bodega in Bayview, with cars and people moving around.

For a moment, nothing happened, then a massive glowing portal opened across the road, and two Omegadromes flew out, chasing a wildly driving car that seemed to lack a driver. 

While the car raced down the road, the two drones turned their attention to the group of young would-be heroes.

FREEDOM EAGLE  

"A-a-are those O-o-omegadrones?" James' stammer was worse than ever, even as he was fully armored up, with his wings out, by down by his back.

His right hand was morphing into an elaborate weapon, a laser gun with several barrels. He was already shaking as he started to fire, red laser blasts flying all over the area, but none of them hitting.

"Oh no." Whatever the reason, he set off, flying straight up, putting distance between himself, the Omegadrones and the other students.

Effigy

Wilona actually snarled in fury as friggin’ Omegadrones flew out into the area. “Paperboy, you are a huge dumbass! Fortius! Libertas!” Her left hand slapped against her chest and then flew out to the side as she activated her defensive and flight spells in rapid succession. She soared straight up, wind roaring. She had to end this fast, so she kind of…forgot…to hold back. “Infernus!” She formed and threw a ball of fire…that rapidly expanded to a 100 foot diameter centered on the two Omegadrones. Both were enveloped by the flames, along with anything else in the area. Was Wilona acting like the two Omegadrones were real? Yes! She knew they weren’t, intellectually. But she’d fought them before, and she was more of a creature of instinct and emotion than she was logic.

Invisigirl

Naomi saw the Omegadrones and ran away. She turned invisible half way through. She did not have rational thoughts of any kind during this process. She smelled burning meat. She heard screams. It was time to be somewhere very close and tight. And dark. So the monsters wouldn't find her. As stated, this was entirely an irrational, unthinking reaction. her conscious mind may well catch up shortly. Or not. Who could say?

GM

The flames spread out from Wilona, across much of the area. Luckily, the others weren't quite close enough to be caught in the fire, but they could feel the heat. If this had been real, the buildings around them would have been burned down and devastated, but as luck would have it, the current settings meant that they were still standing.

That was also where the luck stopped. Both Omegadrones seemed completely unaffected by the flames, continuing forward instead.

Paper

Leon watched from the control room as the the new kids began to react to the drones. He remembered when he and the others had been caught up in this themselves.

He watched as James took to the air, firing wildly. The boy was quick to react, that was good. And Wilona was unsurprisingly right behind him. James’ aim wasn’t the best, but her outburst was a more then a little scary.

Leon glanced over at Luke.

“The fire suppression systems are reading operational, right?”

He asked looking back at the fight as it continued to unfold. Looking away for that moment he lost sight of Naomi. She had vanished from sight, but the school’s computer system had a few tricks of its own. It took a few filters but a silhouette finally outlined as an unseen figure fled the approaching drones.

“Where is she going?”

He wondered, not knowing the events that had brought the two girls together nor the trauma it had imposed.