Gadgets and agencies

Razorback

My first post and first questions here.

First question - I see my character as a government agent. Recruited while still young, who was shown to have the proper mindset and a low-powered power to help out in lots of areas (Boost 3) to do various jobs during the Cold War, AKA Government Advisor. Later, identified to have the correct genetic markers to be altered in a program to create super-powered agents to help with internal super-power issues. My question is - What agencies are acceptable? And who would he be answerable to?

My next question regards Gadgets in UP. What I'm envisioning for my character is someone who has the power to 'conjure up' normal equipment. I'm picturing Gadgets with Limited - Normal Equipment (equipment you could purchase in the Equipment section the the MnM book). Make the hard to lose, since some of the equipment will be hard to lose. Is this a valid use of the power? If not, the other option would be something similar to what Violet had in Ultraviolet. Dimensional Pocket, subtle PF, 2 ranks of the progression PF, extra action (free) and the Range flaw (personal). From there a few ranks in Equipment feat in order to buy equipment.

Look forward to the answers and hopefully joining a game soon. Until then, back to work :flash:

- Razorback

Welcome to Freedom City play-by-post! :)

My first post and first questions here.

First question - I see my character as a government agent. Recruited while still young, who was shown to have the proper mindset and a low-powered power to help out in lots of areas (Boost 3) to do various jobs during the Cold War, AKA Government Advisor. Later, identified to have the correct genetic markers to be altered in a program to create super-powered agents to help with internal super-power issues. My question is - What agencies are acceptable? And who would he be answerable to?

AEGIS seems the best bet. As for who you'd report to, you can make that up yourself (unless you want your guy to be reporting directly to The Very Top Guy).

My next question regards Gadgets in UP. What I'm envisioning for my character is someone who has the power to 'conjure up' normal equipment. I'm picturing Gadgets with Limited - Normal Equipment (equipment you could purchase in the Equipment section the the MnM book). Make the hard to lose, since some of the equipment will be hard to lose. Is this a valid use of the power? If not, the other option would be something similar to what Violet had in Ultraviolet. Dimensional Pocket, subtle PF, 2 ranks of the progression PF, extra action (free) and the Range flaw (personal). From there a few ranks in Equipment feat in order to buy equipment.

I'd lean towards the Dimensional Pocket, and Equipment feats. Equipment can be changed between adventures (with GM permission), and possibly even during adventures (again, with GM permission).

However, if, like the character in Ultraviolet, he can effectively "summon" a near-endless variety of equipment (enough that he can't effectively be disarmed), you shouldn't be using Devices or Equipment and instead use some sort of array (like the Weapon summoning power from Ultimate Power).