Party Rocking

RocketLord

GM

Holly's mist form paused, still spreading out to the area around them when Paper called out to her.

"Yooooouuuu!" she all but howled, as she directed her rage at Leon. "You did this! You're the reason my brother's hurt! If you had just done as I said he would have been just fine!"

An oversimplification, and probably completely wrong, but it didn't seem to deter Holly. With howling rage she threw her mist towards Leon, paper thing cuts raining down all over his body unless he managed to move.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey. We didn't want anyone to get hurt here." Yep, id didn't look like it was the same for Holly and her bro though, unfortunately. 

He felt perhaps a bit ashamed of trying to help his friend score with a supervillain, but than again, no way of knowing right? 
Besides, there were definitely more pressing matters at hand.

"Calm down, we can still work this out." Could they though?

With his wings proving 'ineffective' to say the least, there was only a way that he knew could be used to stop the villains. The ghostly wings vanished from his back, while the spectral claws of hid draconic claws formed around his arms. Basking at the new influx of strength, the young man rushed against the red mist, unfortunately, the only thing that he managed to hit was the air.

Edited by Nerdzul
  • 2 weeks later...

GHOST

Had to give the kids some credit for effort, but this girl, she was just everywhere all at once, throwing herself around. Even if they could have touched her, they just couldn't reach her.

Alright, alright. Casper was gonna do this, then. 

"Hey! Hey, lady!" he shouted out, as she moved around him, spread out into a thick mist as she was. "I'm the guy that took down your bro, remember? C'mon, I'm right here!" 

And that pissed her off. As she came wailing for him, Ghost reached out as he moved out of the way, touching her arm gently, then grabbing hold of her and quite litterally dragged her out of the mist and back into a solid form.

"NOW!"

Those kids better be ready.

GM

"YOOOOU!" 

Ghost's plan had worked maybe a little bit too well as Scarlet Mist threw herself towards him... only to be completely caught by surprise as he grabbed her and pulled her out of the mist.

She tumbled a few steps from her momentum and Ghost's pull, stumbling out right in front of Paper and Nightscale with an obviously surprised, but somehow still murderous, expression plastered all over her face.

Paper’s footing was still unsteady as the red mist that was Holly lashed out at him. Paper thin cuts lacerated him, leaving lines of red here and there on him even as he tumbled out of the way.

Recovering in time to witness Ghost literally pull Holly out of her miasma. That was pretty badass he had to admit.

A thin line of red welled on his cheek and he gritted his teeth as he called on the paper around him again. It took some extra effort but he managed it. Paper began to cover Holly as he tried to cocoon her again. Her angry struggling proved more then the scraps he was pulling in to handle though and she managed to shake off his attempt.

GM

"Wha?" 

Scarlet Mist was utterly baffled. She looked down at her solid hands, stumbled to the side and barely managed to tumble away from Paper's cocoon. 

"What's happening? What did you do? I... I... WHAT DID YOU DO!?

She was starting to panic, falling to her knees and grasping at her head.

Finally someone had managed to land a hit on Scarlet Mist. Not himself, of course, but at least it was something. He gave Ghost a mental high-five.

Now probably all that it would take to neutralize her, would have been a hit from his claws, but to be honest, Luke was not much in the mood of hitting a woman, even if she a superviallian, especially when it looked like she had pretty much lost the will to keep fighting. 

"Surrender now! No one else needs to get hurt." He offered, his eyes glowing of golden light, giving him an almost demonic look. "Free this people from your powers, I dunno what you two thought you were doing, but they were just here to have fun, they definitely didn't deserve this." He raised his fists and let the ghostly claws of his draconic shape manifest around them.

Edited by Nerdzul

GM

The mists were already dispersing, disappearing as Holly desperately tried to bring it back, to turn back into the swirling red that she had been moments before.

"N-no! I can't! Why? Why can't I?" 

She was clearly confused, sounding afraid, she turned to Leon with pleading eyes.

"Please! Don't do this! I'm, I can't... I can't feel my powers! It all feels wrong! I can't do anything, please... Please let me go!"

People around them were starting to recover, helping each other, trying to get out of there.

GHOST

Casper was still holding his focus. Keeping the mist and the girl separate. It wasn't easy, but he was doing it, for as long as he could. For as long as he had to.

Dragon kid was trying to talk mist girl down, while she tried to appeal to paper kid, and... No. Casper didn't like this at all. The moment he let go, she'd go crazy again. He'd seen too many hurt little bunny tricks like that before.

"Don't listen to her, kids. The moment I let go, she's gonna try to shred us all again. Would one of you please just knock her out before she goes murder smoke again?"

Leon gave a sigh as she picked himself up and walked over. He looked down on Holly as she pleaded to him for mercy. He gave her a tired stare and looked up at Luke and Ghost. He closed his eyes and shook his head.

”Sorry, Hol.”

He looked back down at her.

”We coulda had fun, but my sister gave me some good advice.”

he gave her a half-hearted smile.

”Don’t date crazy.”

Leon wouldn’t normal hit a helpless girl, but the old man in white was right. Paper formed a small baton in his hand and as he stepped past her he swung at the back of her head.

He’d sapped more then a few people and had a good judge of where and how hard to hit someone to knock them out when they were helpless to avoid it.

Still, he wasn’t smiling when he did it.

"Wha-" Luke was about to object, but then again. Ghost was right. She was a villainess and much likely, if the parts had been reversed, she wouldn't have granted him or Leon the benefit of the doubt. Besides, it was not just them, those people were in danger.

Speaking of people in danger, with the villains neutralized, Luke surveyed the crowd to see if there was anyone in need of help. Not unlikely given the mess that had just transpired. 

”Don’t date crazy.”

"Your got a smart sister then." Luke chuckled at Leon.

"We owe you one by the way man. Thanks..." He added shortly thereafter, this time back to addressing Ghost. "Do you? I mean... I don't think that the police can do something with these two, I guess we need to call someone that can actually restrain them." He continued, throwing a glance toward the unconscious forms of Red Mist and Purple Haze. 

"Nightscale by the way." He introduced himself. "And this is paper..."

• 2 weeks later...

GHOST

Ghost let go and took a deep breath. That was... that had not been easy. Pulling her out of that whole mist thing? Speaking from experience, he would probably get a headache soon, but eh. Worth it.

"Good job, kids."

Yeah, they would probably feel bad about that. Casper knew that he would have.

He paused for a brief moment, and they could probably almost feel his resignation at not being recognized, before he finally gave in and introduced himself. "Ghost."

"Don't worry, I know people. I'll get somebody to get them someplace secure."

Ghost produced a phone from pretty much nowhere, flipped through some numbers and brought it up to his ear.

"Hey, O'Brian, guess who? ... What!? C'mon, man! That lead was gold! You got to put Midas away for a while and everything, didn't you? ... Yeah, alright, alright. Look, got two people here, they kinda turn into mist or smoke or somethin'. ... Yeah, a brother and sister pair. Guy mind whammies people, sister just kinda tries to kill them? ... Yeah, yeah. That's... That's great man, I owe ya one." 

Closing the call, Casper turned to Nightscale and Paper, looking them over.

"So, there's a STAR squad showing up here any minute now, and looking at the two of you... I'm guessing hero school? Yeah? Sneaking out to have some fun? Not judging, not gonna tattle, but STAR might."

Edited by RocketLord

Luke smiled as he was complimented about the job well done, in truth though it didn't truly reach the eyes, he didn't exactly feel feel that proud of his actions that night. He had failed to recognize a supervillain (and had even tried to play wingman to help Leon flirt with her) and he had hesitated when it was time to strike true when he had the chance for some misguided misconception that maybe he could reason with the crazy red mist girl. Now, the presence of a more experienced superhero had certainly helped minimize the losses, but what if he hadn't been there?

Then again, at least both villains were down now, so there was that... 

Ghost... Didn't exactly ring a bell, but then again, Luke wasn't the foremost expert about the world of super-heroes. Still, the name made sense right, given the guy's powers. "Nice to meet you." He nodded. He resisted the idea of asking if he was an actual ghost or something. 'Hey are you dead?' Didn't sound exactly like the most polite thing to say to someone that had just helped you out, all things considered. 

"'nks." This time there was a bit more of conviction in his smile as he realized that the villains were going to be taken care off. 

The young man's eyes widened a little when he mentioned that Stars might rat them with the headmistress. Now Luke was definitely not alien to detention at Claremont, but then again... it was not like he was eager to pile up more of it. "Sneaking out? No way... We are here for totally legitimate reasons." He grinned playfully. "Still... we should better go back..." He gave a strong pat on Leon's back.

"Thanks again man..." He tossed shortly thereafter, grateful of Ghost's discretion. 

"Ah... by the way... Are you in this part of Freedom a lot?" He asked before they left. "I mean... Maybe we should trade contacts or something' in case we can help each other out." He added, after all, local superheroes should know each other right?

Leon was quiet during Luke’s initial conversation with Ghost. He understood the trouble they’d be in if the authorities dragged him in, but he couldn’t get up the gumption to care right now.

He hadn’t even noticed the threat when it was right in his face, in his hands even. And even after he figured it out, he was useless. Even Luke had been useful, while he flailed and nearly feel on his ass.

He was learning a lot at Claremont, but maybe he was loosing something in the process. His instinct, the edge that kept him and his siblings alive and together all those years.

Maybe Claremont wasn’t the right place for him, like he’d thought when he first arrived. Pan had done his best to reassure him, but now he was gone.

Luke shoulder pat seemed to snap it out of his self doubt for the moment. He turned his head a bit towards Ghost without actually looking at him.

“Ya, thanks for saving are butts.”

He added, though he doubted the old man would want their help after this display.

Leon started to walk towards the exit. As he did, he reach out a hand and a labeled bottle of soda glided into it. Twisting the cap off he took a long pull from the bottle then wiped his mouth with the back of his hands.

After what he’d been through it was the least the club owed him.

GHOST

The dragon kid seemed to be doing alright, the other looked real down. Casper sighed, patting Nightscale on the shoulder while he moved past him.

"Sure. Kingston, Fens, downtown. I'm all over." He grabbed a little card. Had a burner phone, nothing that could be traced to Casper Church, but still... these kids looked like they could need the help. He hesitated for a moment before he handed the card to Nightscale. "Better not get prank called in the middle of the night, kid."

Moving over to Paper, he crossed his arms and shook his head lightly, it seemed to be more out of pity than anything else.

"Lemme guess: Your first femme fatale?"

Leon took another swig as Ghost moved up beside him. He glanced sidelong up at him, like he was trying to read what he could see of the old hero’s face. After a moment he looked away.

”First one that tried to kill me.”

He said with attempted remiss.

”Just no luck with red heads.”

He added, obviously trying to use humor as a cover for what he was really feeling.

”Was just a bad night is all.”

Leon waved dismissively at the air and looked back towards Luke.

“We should roll before the cops or whoever gets here.”

”Was just a bad night is all.”

"Hey man... You couldn't have known, ok?" Luke remarked, trying to lift his friend's spirit somehow. Not that himself he was particularly proud of his exploit of course, but than again Leon seemed like he had been affected way more. "Plus she is pretty hot, I mean I couldn't blame you for trying..." He gave Leon a grin and a playful nudge. 

"Better not get prank called in the middle of the night, kid."

"Boy scout honor that we won't." Not that he had ever been a scout of course. Luke again smiled at Casper as he pocketed the card, in truth, he had no intention to use it to mess with Ghost, dude seemed ok, plus they were definitely in debt. "I guess you know where to find us, if you need anythin' back..." He tossed. 

“We should roll before the cops or whoever gets here.”

"Yep. Definitely. Let's go man." 

"Thank you again ghost dude." He saluted Casper.

• 4 weeks later...

GHOST

"At least she didn't get obsessed with you or anything yet, yeah?" Casper shrugged. The kid seemed to be handling it alright, at least. "But yeah. Stay away from red heads. Nothing but trouble, trust me."

He shook his head. 

"Just... stay out of trouble or something, I guess? Get out of here, before anyone see you."

GM

With the young heroes leaving, Ghost stepped forward as the cops arrived, holding up his hands to try and defuse the situation before too many of them pointed guns at him.

Out on the street, a number of the partygoers were being detained. It was, after all, an illegal party in a dangerous part of the city.

Containment units were brought in for the two villains, being carried away, under the watchful eyes of people in the shadows around them.