Party Rocking

RocketLord

While it was clear that something out of the ordinary was definitely going on, Luke was still too enraptured by the spectacle unfolding in front of his eyes to really focus on what exactly it was that felt so wrong.

Plus even in all of that confusion it still seemed like Leon was actually getting some success with Holly. Yeah way to go ‘bro. 

A woman scream however did manage to bring him away from the party mood. “Monster? Where?” He moved in between her and the man she had been clawing at, unable however to see the actual source of the threat.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GHOST

"I guess that shut you up for a moment." Ghost emerged out from the floor, floating up in front of Purple Haze.

He didn't look like anyone Casper had been up against before. Somebody new, then. Alright, that was fine, that was normal. Happened way too damn often. 

"I'm sure you got some big plans and everything, but not tonight." 

Ghost reached out and touched Purple Haze's shoulder, sending another shock through Purple Haze's body.

GM

Purple Haze groaned in pain at Ghost's touch, his entire body shaking as he finally broke through the sensation that had paralyzed his body for a moment, only to be thrown back into the turn tables as Ghost touched him.

Staggering, he shook his head and climbed to his feet, shaking his head. He could only call out two words, barely audible over the still playing music. "Holly. Help."

“Help you?” Leon glanced back at girl he was pulling along as he continued to try maneuvering the two of them through the crowd. “Of course I wanna help you.” He said in a tone that sounded almost disappointed that she even had to ask.

Something in the back of his mind registered something was still wrong. In fact thing we’re even more wrong. It was small things, her hair was a little more shorter. The shape of her eyes were a little different. She was a little taller now...

Leon shook his head again and ran his hand over his face. “I just gotta get you somewhere safe.” He said as he turned and shouldered someone aside, reaching into his open jacket and pulling out a handful of small, index-sized pieces of paper. The paper seeming to waver slightly with a life of their own.

GM

Holly smiled at Leon again, and then froze, a look of horror in her eyes.

"Leon, look!" She pointed to the DJ pit where a man in white and grey were standing over Holly's brother. "Jordan's in trouble! You gotta go help him!" 

She tugged on Leon's arm, trying to pull him in the direction.

"Please!"

Luke was lost, a dreamlike haze enveloping his whole world, phantoms dancing among the maddened crowd, someone had to do something and yet every time he faced one otherworldly presence it just vanished back into the nightmare. What the hell was going on? Wait. The young man shook his head and took a deep breath, rubbing his eyes to try and clear his head. When he could open them again though, somehow the party has gone back to normal, well, as normal as it could be with so many of the clubbers still enthralled by the gas at least... 

"What the f-" He barely dodged a brawling couple of party goers, still lost in the nightmare. I should stop them... Yeah, but there was no way he could do the same to the whole crowd wouldn't it? Damn!  He scanned the scene to try and figure out the source of the disturbance. There was... a ghost or somethin' at the DJ station? That's the new normal apparently.  Could be it. Yet... DJ Purple Haze...  Yeah...

With one fluid jump, Luke reached the station. Landing on his feet close to the DJ. "You! What the Hell is going on here... Stop!" He growled, his golden eyes shining in the dark, fists clenched.

GM

Purple Haze stared at Luke as he landed, struggling to get up and say something and then... he just kind of didn't.

His body shook like lightning had run through it, then he felt down over the DJ booth, slumping down as if he had just been hit by something or someone.

Holly screamed from the crowds and pointed. "Leon! You gotta help my brother!"

GHOST

Casper pulled back and waited for a second, and then... some kid jumped up and started shouting at the DJ.  With a jump like that, the people had to have powers. But then what? Hero wannabe or bad guy? His eyes glowed, he almost growled... but he did want the DJ to stop.

And then, he stopped and fell over, the smoke around them beginning to dissipate. 

"Yeah, he, uh... he kinda already did." He just stood there. "Hi. I'm Ghost." 

So what, glowing-eyes-boy? Fight or talk, then?

Leon looked back at the red head he was leading as she stopped.

On 6/16/2021 at 1:12 AM, RocketLord said:

"Leon, look!" She pointed to the DJ pit where a man in white and grey were standing over Holly's brother. "Jordan's in trouble! You gotta go help him!" 

She tugged on Leon's arm, trying to pull him in the direction.

"Please!"

“What?” He glanced where she was pointing. Details blurred as he tried to focus on them. He shook his head and tried to pull her along again. “I have to get you to safety.” He said again even as she resisted his tugging.

On 6/23/2021 at 5:10 AM, RocketLord said:

Holly screamed from the crowds and pointed. "Leon! You gotta help my brother!"

“Richard can look out for himself.” He said angrily giving her one last pull before turned on her and snapping. “Damn it Elizabeth, why won’t you let me protect you for a change!”

And like that, a switch was flipped…

The image of the short haired red-head before him scattered like a mist hit by a strong wind, and He was holding Holly’s hand again.

Leon’s eyes were wide as he stared at her for a moment, trying to sort though what was happening. He let go of Holly’s hand, letting it slip free as he took a step back.

His eyes darted around the club, finally settling on the confrontation at the DJ’s stand were Luke was facing off with some masked man over the slumped body of the DJ. Wait, is are there two people on the ground.

He looked back at Holly again apologetically, like he wanted to say something but only turned away from her. Turning on duo the paper in his hand stiffened and he stalked toward them, pushing through the crowd still under the strange effects.

He didn’t know what was happening exactly, bu the was going to find out. 

Papers wizzed through the air to slice through the wires of the music equipment to silence the noise.

“Alright buddy, step off! I don’t know what your up to, but we’re gonna put a stop to it.”

Leon jabbed a finger at Ghost accusingly. 

GM

"Elizabeth?" Holly sounded genuinely confused for a moment, then seemed to let it go while Leon ran towards the DJ booth.

She hurried after him, everyone around them stopping as Leon cut the noise, just staring at what was happening. 

Holly didn't care about any of that right now. In a moment, she was by Purple Haze's side. "What did he do to you?"

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost? Spooky. The fact that the guy had just replied politely instead of attacking Luke though, had definitely scored him a few points. Still not enough to fully lower his guard, but maybe there was no need for punching.

"Night- I mean Luke." The young man replied to Ghost, stopping at the last second from using his super hero name when in his civilian identity.

His gaze shifted toward Holly. Looks like she knew the DJ. Great. He gave both Leon and Casper a puzzled look. 

"Do you? What the hell is going on here?"

• 2 weeks later...

GHOST

Oh, great. Glowy-eye guy stopped looking all menacing, and then another guy showed up, and a red haired woman ran to Purple Haze.

Ghost put his hands up. 

"Relax, buddy. I'm the good guy here. This guy," he motioned to Purple Haze with his head, "was doing some kinda weird mist or haze thing, seemed to knock everybody for a loop."

Leon glared at Ghost, his anger fueled by his own issues. As the other man spoke he watched him. His anger was held back by his instincts, he didn’t get the feeling the guy was lying. He glanced around and now that it had been mentioned, Leon could kind of make out a haze that hung over the club. He looked at Luke, then back at Holly and her brother.

“Holly, what’s going on?”

He tried to sound calm and not as angry as he felt.

“Is that true? Was he doing something to everyone?”

"That's what a villain would say." He jokingly remarked to Ghost after he pointed out that he was the good guy.

"But yeah, I... It was like that freakin' mist sent me trippin' or something." Speaking of which, while it looked like both Leon and himself had managed to shake off the effect of the strange haze the crowd was still in utter chaos.

"Gotta to do something." Yep someone can get hurt. In fact, he was sure that someone already had. There is no way he could go around stopping every fight though. Luke ruffled the hair on the back of his neck.  What if they stopped breathing the mist though? Can work. Right? His eyes glowed faintly for a moment, as Luke let a bit of his true essence to the surface, ghostly projections of his wings unfurled. It took him a while, to figure out how to strike the right balance, but then he begun flapping his wings to form gusts of wind, that hopefully were strong enough to disperse the gas, but not to send the entire crowd flying.

"Yeah, it was the DJ." Luke nodded at Leon. "By the way, what about Holly? Don't tell me this guy is her boyfriend or somethin'" He chuckled.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

"YOU HURT MY BROTHER!" Holly's body exploded. Her entire being dissolved into a thick scarlet mist that quickly spread out from where she had been standing, moving and overwhelming everyone. It was thick, hard to see for a moment, but even worse, if they managed to inhale any of the scarlet mist, they would start to feel sluggish, slow, or even worse, paralyzed.

It wasn't a hallucination like what they had experienced from Holly's brother, it was somehow worse.

The mists surged around them, finally gathering into a red shape as Holly wearing a scarlet cloak with a hood pulled up, her eyes full of fury.

GHOST

"Yeah. It's true." Casper was about to say something more when Holly exploded. "Aaaand of course she's a bad guy too. Great."

Experience kicked in, instincts honed through years of dealing with things. Going intangible, not breathing in anything he moved back, out of the way of the mist.

"Don't breathe her in!" That... was not nearly as weird a thing to say as those kids might be thinking. Casper had said worse before, right?

He moved forward, reaching forward and thrusting his hand into Holly's shoulder, moving it through it and... nothing happened. 

Oh, great.

• 3 weeks later...

‘Because, of course…’ Was about all Leon had time to think before he reacted instinctively. The dodged backwards in a roll, creating a barrier of paper as he recovered. As the red mist pulled itself back in to reform into Holly the barrier fell apart, the paper flowing into his hands.

“Why do I have so many problems with red-heads?” he grumbled under his breath. Reaching out around him he took control of every napkin, every receipt, every scrap of paper her could sense; and with a gesture of both hands the paper all raced towards Holly in an attempt to ensnare and encase her in a cocoon of paper.

GM

"GET AWAY FROM US!" Holly was shouting at the top of her lungs. An impressive feat, given that she probably had no lungs at the moment, what with her being entirely made up of some scarlet mist.

While Leon's paper surged around her, she moved and shifted within the mists, staying out of reach. For a brief moment, all of the scarlet mists pulled back into a humanoid body... and then they exploded out, filling a large area of the room.

Those caught in mists started screaming and yelling, blood starting to run from their ears, mouths, eyes and noses.

"Wait... We..."  Too late, apparently Holly was also a villain, or at least pissed that they had taken down her brother which all in all was somewhat understandable, himself he would have been pretty pissed if someone had knocked down his own brother. That said, yeah, the guy had just managed to send a partying crowd into an insane frenzy so better stop empathizing and get to punching.

When she exploded for the first time Luke wasn't fast enough to avoid breathing in the gas (which by the way was Holly? Ewwww?), but at least his enhanced stamina was enough to shrug off the poison.

He wasn't so lucky when she did so again, momentarily blinded by the blood covering his eyes the young man could just stunble around the room confused and in pain. 

GHOST

"Hey!"

The girl just exploded into some kind of gas? What the hell was up with that?

Ghost disappeared into the floor, moving out of view for the moment while she started to fill the room, and hurting people. Dragon boy was first, it seemed, then everyone else? Yeah, no. 

"That's just nasty, kid. Come on, go for me instead! Look at the big time super hero in white!"

Emerging from the floor again, he flew up through the smoke. Focus just right, tune his body just right, hope she could get hurt by this as he passed through her.

Paper cursed under his breath as the crimson mist that had been Holly continued to swirl like an angry vortex. Once again red menace slipped easily between the paper he called on in a second attempt to cocoon her.

"Man, I'd kill for a giant 'Acme' fan right now." He growled internally. "Wait a minute..."

A new idea began to form and he quickly started to formulate a plan he hoped might work.

• 2 weeks later...

Luke shook his head trying to clear his thought after Holly's onslaught. He tried not to inhale more of the mist, with little luck, but at least this time it didn't seem like it was hurting. The same could not be said about the crowd however. So again, the young man did his best to try and disperse the venomous gas (or whatever that was), using his wings. It was not enough. Hopefully his companions would have better luck in containing the fiery redhead. 

GHOST

Fast, attacking everyone. Dragon kid had the right idea, at least. They needed to do something that could stop the girl's powers from working, something that would stop her from attacking everyone.

Casper looked down at his hand. Maybe he could disrupt her, somehow? Force her to turn solid and stop being made of mist? At least it would mean the others could hurt her, too...

"Watch my back a sec."

He flew up, straight for Scarlet Mist and... she moved out of the way at the last second. Because of course she did.

• 2 weeks later...

“Hey, Red! Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”

Leon groaned inwardly. That was bad and he should feel bad. It was too late to take it back now.

He tried to draw Holly’s attention with a feint but slipped when his foot found someone’s spilled drink. Luckily he caught himself before he fell.