Party Rocking

RocketLord

GM

April 2nd 2021, 11:30

An abandoned warehouse in Kingston

The music was loud.

The beat was good, people were having fun, with the music blaring through the empty warehouse in Kingston. Things were slowly starting to return to normal after the Terminus Invasion. 

At least normal enough that plenty of people were feeling brave enough to get to the abandoned areas near the Doomforge to take over the buildings for underground parties.

Like the one that Luke Landers and Leon Moore found themselves at.

The music was loud.

The party was fun.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“What did I tell you!” Leon had to yell a little to be heard, but he was grinning like a kid in a candy store as the music hammered him and his friend. “Isn’t this awesome! Now this is a ‘Good Friday’!”

A leather looking jacket/hoodie combo hung open revealing a Justice t-shirt. His usual jeans and sneakers completed the outfit.

Leon put an arm around Luke’s shoulder to be heard a little better. “Elizabeth would love this.” He said absentmindedly with a chuckle. “Let’s find some trouble.”

He patted his friend on the back and scanned the crowd for potential targets as he nodded along with the music.

After all, parties like this had plenty of rich brats, which meant there would be plenty of dealers. Lightening their wallets always made these parties even more fun.

Edited by Spacefurry
  • 2 weeks later...

Luke grinned. “Yeah man.” It was a shame that Muirne couldn’t join for the evening fun, but apparently she had to work for a group project or something. Now, it was Friday, but then again she was the type to take these kinds of things seriously. Yeah... 

Girls, loud music, girls, drinks, girls (now he was dating someone of course, but he still had eyes). “That’s freaking great man. Where the hell did you find out about it?” Claremont parties had a bit more a preppy vibe didn’t they? This was more fitting of his tates, more raw… cool. Plus the whole partying the night out in the shadow of the Doomforge had a certain special vibe. For the night Luke had chosen a sneakers and ripped jeans (although his were a not exactly fashion choice) combo, plus a white sleeveless t-shirt.

Let’s Go!” He shouted enthusiastically, at Leon’s remark that it was time to stir up some troubles.

He noticed his friend scanning the scene. Luke shook his head, disapprovingly. “You for sure are somethin’ man.” He laughed. “We are not here to work, you know?” He remarked, playfully, now it was his turn to give his friend a strong pat on the back as he half lead half pushed Leon toward the middle of the crowd where a group of girls about their ages were dancing in a small circle, a wide smile on his lips.

GHOST

This was not Casper's kind of party. Really, he wasn't sure what kind of party was his party. This was just... not it.

So why was he here? A man in thirties, standing awkwardly to the side with an open black jacket standing off to the side, just watching what was going on?

Well, he had heard that something was going to happen here.

And besides, this was Kingston. Who knew what could happen to all these kids when they were this close to the Doomforge. He kind of felt like he should keep an eye on them, just to be on the safe side.

GM

Luke saw her first. Then Leon.

She was, to put it simply, beautiful. Green eyes, freckles, long red hair. A little bit short, but not too much. She was dressed in a dark crimson dress that hugged her body tight. It ended just above her knees, with a slit on each side. Her shoulders were bare, but she wore long crimson sleeves that stretched up her arms to just under her shoulders and left her hands free. 

She was chatting with a man with shoulder length brown hair, dressed in an open purple jacket with the sleeves torn off, wearing nothing underneath it. He was grinning, before giving her a thumbs up and wandering off. The young woman looked after him and shook her head, before smiling as she spotted Luke and Leon.

“I still know a few people that know people.” Leon chuckled.

“Can’t find trouble if you don’t look for it.” He laughed at his friend’s jab and let himself be pushed forward.

”After all, if your new gal ain’t mad at you when we get back, I haven’t done my job as your friend.” Leon grinned mischievously back at Luke, not seeing the girl yet.

"You're gonna find that job quite hard to do, let me tell ya." Luke chuckled, yeah, no way he was gonna do anything more than flirt a little, perhaps not even that (watching is not cheating right?).

Hadn't that redheaded bombshell just smiled at them, though? She had right? Luke replied with a playful smile of his own.

Now if he wasn't a good boyfriend he would have much likely tried to hit on her, but alas... "By the way, you don't have the same constrains as I do, am I right?" He grinned again, giving his friend another playful nudge and tossing a glance toward the girl in the crimson dress. 

"Let's go make a new friend." He smirked, wading through the crowd with ease. "Hey..." He saluted her enthusiastically, but at the same time giving some space to his friend to make his own introduction.

19 minutes ago, Nerdzul said:

"You're gonna find that job quite hard to do, let me tell ya." Luke chuckled, yeah, no way he was gonna do anything more than flirt a little, perhaps not even that (watching is not cheating right?).

"That sounds like a challenge, good sir."  Leon chuckled as his friend continued to nudge him along.

"Constraints? Me? Did you forget who you're talking to?" He smirked then looked to see what he was looking at. As his gaze swung around he noticed an older mad standing off alone, it seemed a little suspici-

Leon's train of thought was obliterated when he laid eyes on the girl. As he took in the long red hair, freckles and the bright green eyes his attention was captured completely. It took a moment before he was able to tear himself free of their lure. He quickly managed to gather himself and put on a confident smile.

"Hey." He echoed Luke.

GM

The red-headed woman chuckled lightly and shook her head. "Hey right back at ya," she replied with the laugh still caught in her voice. "Have we met before? I swear there's something about the two of you, like I've seen you somewhere before... you guys been on the news or anything like that?"

She took a few steps forward while she spoke, moving closer and wrapping her arms around herself.

"I'm sure I've seen you two somewhere before... like... like that thing in Bayview a few months ago? The car and those robots that fell out of the sky? Weren't you there?"

GHOST

Casper was sure he'd seen those two somewhere before. That girl with the red hair and the guy without a shirt. Was that what kids wore these days? No shirts? He looked down at himself, feeling just a bit old. It wasn't the first time this evening that he felt like that, either.

He was probably wrong about it. They were just kids that had been in a fight or something, now the redhead was chatting up a couple of other kids. Classic move, make the boyfriend jealous by dancing close with some other boys, yeah.

But still, that boy without the shirt. He kind of felt like he should follow him. 

Casper moved casually through the crowds, following the man, while he left the redhead and the kids behind.

"Well, myself, I'm sure we hadn't met already, no way I'd have forgotten about it, if it was the case..." He smirked playfully.

"And I seriously hope that you haven't seen us on the news, I mean, would have meant that they caught up to us." He laughed with her, taking a few steps closer himself, so that they could dance together a bit if they wanted to. 

The fight with the robots, yeah he was there and with no costume, so there was a chance that she had actually seen him on the news, it would have definitely been a good occasion to show off, but... well, he would have been a terrible wingman if he didn't leave that opportunity to his friend, wouldn't him? So instead he just grinned.

Edited by Nerdzul

“Can’t say we have.”

Leon smiles.

”Pretty sure we’d remember someone so... well, pretty.”

He chuckled.

“We may have been in the area.”

Leon didn’t actually admit anything when Luke all but tells her ‘Why yes, that was us.’ He winced a bit remembering the riot act the faculty had read them for acting ‘out of costume’.

He shot the back of Luke’s head a look as the other boy stepped up closer. His roomie looked like he could play high school football and a lot of girls seemed to prefer that to his leaner build. He supposed they were about to see which this girl preferred.

He wouldn’t be mad at Luke or the girl, but he’d sure as hell tease him about it later.

Leon smiles back at the girl.

”My name’s Leon, and this is Luke. So, what can we call you... other then gorgeous?”

GM

The young woman chuckled, holding a hand up in front of her mouth. "Aw, Luke and Leon? That's adorable." She seemed interested alright, moving in closer to them, but making sure not to get too close to either.

"You guys are some kinda heroes, huh?" She licked her lips, moving closer and lightly placed a hand on first Luke's shoulder, then another on Leon's. "That's cool. I like heroes."

She moved her hands down their arms, to their hands and pulled them along. "I'm Holly. Come on, let's dance."

The man in the purple coat moved through the crowds, towards the DJ. He smiled as he watched Holly, Luke and Leon. Getting to the DJ, he whispered something into his ear. A small purple mist flowed from his mouth. The DJ looked stunned for a second, then slowly moved down to the ground while the man took over the computer. He grinned as he aprubtly switched the music to a heavy trance number. 

"Hello! Everybody! You can call me Purple Haze and I'm your host for the night! Hope you're enjoying the party! So how about we kick it up a notch!?"

He was met with cheers from the crowds as the dancing and partying continued.

GHOST

Ah, dammit. What was thatSome kind of purple mist? Mind control or something? 

Hadn't he heard about something like that before? Casper couldn't place it, but the way the guy just willingly laid down on the ground like that and let Purple Haze take over his set? That didn't really sound like something a DJ would do, right?

The host? Casper looked around, then pulled back towards a wall while he reached into his jacket and pulled out a white mask and a pair of goggles.

Nobody looking, nobody cared about the 30-something that really didn't belong here. 

He pulled back into the wall and disappeared.

She had a cute laugh Leon thought. He wasn’t sure that the line had actually worked. “Guess that means I still don’t own Richard 10 bucks.” He thought with a smirk as he let Holly lead them towards the dance floor.

”That’s a pretty name.”

He didn’t even notice the incident with the DJ. “Purple Haze? That’s a silly DJ name.” But he could appreciate the change in music.

Somewhere, in the back of his mind, years of criminal experience was yelling at him to pay attention but, well... pretty girl.

Edited by Spacefurry

"No you are adorable." Luke chuckled.

"Heroes? Not tonight. Tonight we are just having fun! Unless actually need some heroes of course." He teased, a grin on his lips.

"Nice to meet you then Holly." Luke smiled playfully, as he took her hand into his own his gaze seeking to meet her own. He could feel his heart skip a bit or two when she teased him and Leon, after all sure, he had a date and definitely didn't want to cheat on Muirne, but that didn't  mean that he wasn't a teenage boy after all.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:08 AM, RocketLord said:

"Hello! Everybody! You can call me Purple Haze and I'm your host for the night! Hope you're enjoying the party! So how about we kick it up a notch!?"

"Whoohooo." Luke raised his right fist to the air as he 'saluted' the new DJ cheering together with the rest of the crowd. For sure he was all for kicking thing up a notch. 

For a while, he just basked in the music and in the good company, letting the droning rhythm carry him and playfully flirting with Holly as he danced. Still, it didn't take much for him to realize that by doing so he was being a terrible wingman and so after a short while, he excused himself. "God If I'm thirsty... Gonna grab a drink. You two want some?" He shouted against the music so that both Holly and Leon could hear him, planning to give them some time. Smirking, after listening to their replies, he winked at Leon and then vanished in the crowd.

Leon was enjoying the music with the others. The DJ may had had a silly name but at least he was keeping the party going. When Luke suddenly announced he was going to get drinks Leon smirked.

”Good kid, bout as subtle as a jackhammer sometimes.”

Leon joked as his friend slipped off into the crowd. He turn his attention back to Holly and smiled.

”You here with friends tonight? Did they ditch you?”

GM

"I'm good, thank you, Luke," Holly said, slowly trailing her fingers along his back before he moved away, before turning back to Leon. She smiled at him, moving slowly closer to him and grabbing his hand, pulling him along as she danced.

"Nah, my brother had to get to work." She motioned with her head towards the DJ booth. "Purple Haze up there. Putting on a show, making sure everyone's having a good time." Holly still smiled, turning around and backing up close with Leon, brusing lightly against him. "So what's it like being a hero?" She was, quite frankly, intoxicating. Leon wasn't sure what it was, but everything was starting to kind of float together. Colors, lights, movement. It was all starting to get blurry.

As for Luke? He didn't get far. The crowds around him... they were shifting, changing. He was starting to see things that shouldn't be there, things that couldn't be there. Monsters, Omega Drones, Red Death, dragons, all mixed and matched in with the crowds around him.

Purple Haze continued his set as a purple mist spread through the warehouse.

Edited by RocketLord

“Brother?”

Leon thought as Holly pulled him further in to the crowded dance floor. He was glad he hadn’t commented on the DJ’s handle. He couldn’t help but grin a little as she brushed up against him.

“I can’t speak for everyone else, but I’m defs having a good time already.”

”What’s it like?” Leon smirked and chuckled. “Boring mostly, with flashes of entertainment.”

On the edges of his vision colors began to blur, starting to melt into each other. The pulsing lights of the club seemed to me melding with the movements of the crowd. The music felt like it was actually playing inside his head. Leon blinked and shook his head once, trying to clear it but the sensations only continued.

“Maybe I should’ve had Luke grab me a water.”

He reached out to try to steady himself. His hands grabbing for Hollys waist as he felt like he could start to float.

Luke waved at Leon and Holly as he disappeared in the crowd, a stupidly wide grin still on his lips, half walking, half dancing as he basked in the supercharged atmosphere of the party. One that however was soon going to change.

I must be freakin’ high. Not that he knew the feeling of course. Definitely. Yeah. Unfortunately the realization wasn’t enough for him to do more than just stare at his personal pink elephant parade. 

A pink dragon parade actually! He chuckled. That it made way more sense.

Can dragons parade? We don’t need to parade… We are our own parade…  He burst into laughter, trying to balance himself against someone, or something, that was floating nearby. Parade. What a fun word… Paaaraaade...

GM

Luke and Leon were not the only ones that were starting to feel the effect. People around them were starting to react to the haze that was spreading from the DJ. Some were giggling and laughing like Luke. Others were starting to feel dizzy like Leon.

And then a woman screamed, not far from Luke. "Get away! Get away! Monster!" She clawed blindly at the man she had been dancing with moments before, while he groggily shook his head.

"You alright, hun?" Holly caught Leon, holding him up. "Had a bit too much?" She held him close. "Sounds like being a hero's boring, huh? How about doing something more exciting, huh? My brother? He wants to change the world. Maybe you want in? Gonna be real exciting stuff."

"Alright, everybody! Are you feeling it!?" Purple Haze was shouting now. "Are you having a good time!?" It didn't sound like he cared about the screaming woman at all. Or the others in the crowd that was starting to join in. "Now's the time, my friends! Your wildest dreams, all coming true, all for you! Like what you see? Don't like it? It's all good to me!" His tone shifted, becoming more sinister. "Now Purple Haze's in charge."

GHOST

Yep, yep. Casper was right. Of course he was right. Oh, how he hated being right. This guy? This guy was up to trouble, and he was starting to get into a whole villain monologue thing here and he honestly didn't want to deal with that entire thing right now.

So... Nope.

A white hand came out of the floor next to Purple Haze's foot and passed through him, sending shocks through his entire body.

GM

"Come on, we're all gonna be playing real soon! Feeling good, right? Just chill and enjoy! I'm here all night!" 

Purple smoke or mist was starting to filter out from him, clearly visible now as he laughed loudly. Of course, both Luke and Leon had other issues to deal with.

Purple Haze opened his mouth to say something again, and then froze, his mouth hanging open.

Leon shook his head again as the dizziness crept on. He felt like Holly’s presence was the only thing keeping him standing. The smooth fabric of her dress sent a tinkle up the fingers of his real hand.

When a scream erupted somewhere nearby Leon started to turn towards it, but the pressure of Holly pulling him close drew his attention back to her.

On 5/12/2021 at 6:15 AM, RocketLord said:

"You alright, hun?" Holly caught Leon, holding him up. "Had a bit too much?" She held him close. "Sounds like being a hero's boring, huh? How about doing something more exciting, huh? My brother? He wants to change the world. Maybe you want in? Gonna be real exciting stuff."

“Boring? Ya.”

He agreed half dazed. As he looked at her his eyes unfocused bit and something about her changed. Was her hair that short a minute ago?

”I like exciting.”

He gave a slightly wistful grin. Someone bumped into him and Leon shot them a glare, but his anger quickly changed to surprise. The man’s profile was blurred at the edges but Leon thought he recognized a familiar face.

Officer Bridges? The cop that had caught him shoplifting with his foster brother 4 years ago...

As the man disappeared into the crowded dance floor, Leon looked around hurriedly. He eyes slid from blurry face to blurry face.

Was that the gang member that had assaulted him after they had runaway?

Was that a glimpse of a badge on somebody’s belt?

Was that a gun grip under someone’s coat?

Leon grabbed for Holly’s hand instinctively. Intent on pulling her off the dance floor. The tendrils of some undefinable fear was brushing up against him.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

Holly smiled, lightly shaking her head at Leon.

When he reached out to her, she held her hand and let him lead her away.

"Oh yeah? You sure its just the world you wanna change?" Her tone was playful. To Leon, it felt almost like they were floating. If she noticed what was happening to Leon, she didn't act on it. "The world's a bad, bad place, ain't it? You wanna help us change it for the better, right?" She leaned in close, almost, but not quite, brushing her lips against Leon's neck, before she pulled back again. "You're gonna help us, right?"