Cost of Experience (OOC)

Electra

Using equipment communicators eats a move action, so Tiamat can't do more than start to head back to the fight while getting the word out.

Assuming gets within one more move action of the combat, though (or the combat moves to within one move action of her!) she'll start to Interpose for anyone who's about to take a bad hit.

Okay Fox, noted! Tiamat's distress call will go out to all Freedom League and Freedom League Auxiliary members. League distress calls are rare and high priority, so you can expect to get answers starting after Round 3. You may choose how Gaian Knight responds. 

Other than that, it's time for Round 3! 

Shadowborne: 16, Bruised x1, Injured, -1 base HP

Nightscale: 10 Bruised x1, Injured, +1 base HP

Memento Mori: 9 Uninjured

Tiamat: 3 Uninjured 

Remember that you can choose to combine attacks by holding your action until the initiative of the lowest participant! This can cause greater damage than single attacks. 

Okay, Muirne is gonna try Startle again, Move action still, but I'm rolling this time (Oh dice don't fail me)
1d20+14-5 = 12 Well that is worthless... I just noticed her Acrobatics are better than her Intimidate, not that it matters with that roll...

Following it up with a stabs, Power Attack manoeuvre for -2/+2 so 1d20+6 = 8 Jesus Christ...

Anyway, I'm gonna use Extra Effort and a HP to Action Surge for an extra Standard Action and use a free action to Morph into the Shadowbeast Form. The Shadow Power Array is set to 

Base Power: [20PP] Additional Descriptor(s): (Slashing, Claws)

Damage 8 (Shadow Claws; Extras: Affects Corporeal, Penetrating 4) [20PP]

and the Shadow Evolution Array is set to

Alternate Power: [8PP] Additional Descriptor(s): (Consumption, Draining)

Life Draining 8 Adds (Extras: Vampiric 8) to Shadow Power Array [8PP]

And trying again on actually hitting him. 1d20+8 = 24 so it HITS and it gets another Vampiric DC23 Toughness SMACK.

Hope that it doesn't bite him, but Nightscale is going to delay after the monster. Then the plan is to try and grapple the monster with his claws (not going to put that thing into his fangs) and keep it in his grasp for Muirne to attack it before its turn comes again, if he grapples now, the monster can just get out in its turn. 

Let's hope it's a good plan :)

All righty, Nightscale is holding! 

That means the monster is up! It is going to attack the hero who keeps bothering it so much! It doesn't do so great on that first roll so Muirne, take a hero point! It gets a hit!

Normally this would be the part where Shadowborne has to roll a reflex save, but Tiamat has already announced her intention to interpose and take the hit. 

IC posts coming up! 

Nigthscale is gonna attack the monster with his claws, he will get -2 to defense and +2 to hit just in case 24 yey! 

It's DC 26 damages, + Dc 16 Drain Toughness for the rending claws. 

He is also gonna grapple using improved grab (just not into his fangs, as I mean...) to try and keep it steady for Muirne. 

32 Grapple. I imagine that the monster is now of comparable size, though, so probably he has a big bonus too, let's see what happens :)

Okay, here's Round 4! 

Shadowborne: 16, Bruised x1, Injured, -1 base HP

Memento Mori: 9, Bruised x1

Nightscale: 8, Bruised x1, Injured, +1 base HP

Velocity is also arriving this round but will not arrive in time to act. Tiamat is unconscious, Fleur is dead, additional Freedom League members will be arriving shortly. 

I can't remember if Muirne or Luke have enhanced hearing, but if so you can make a notice check, if you choose, to hear the chatter on Tiamat's League communicator. 

Okay! Aoife is not changing any arrays, but is going for the Skill Mastered Startle as a move action so -5, Aoife's intimdate bonus sans modifiers is +23, down to +18. Skill mastery sayeth 10+18 is a DC 28 to resist intimidation on whatever he has the best bonus for!

And then power attacking -2/+2.

1d20+6 = 13! My rolling today is really not doing great, so I'm going to spend hero point to roll again! 1d20+6+10 = 21! I'm pretty sure that hits, so DC25 Toughness vs. Vampiric Damage.