Cost of Experience (OOC)

Electra

Between the angle and her background, Muirne is unlikely to recognize who the monster became for the moment that it attacked Fleur. Tiamat should recognize Dark Star and Luke may or may not, depending on how much he liked superheroes when he was younger. Dark Star was a world-class gravity controller, a Freedom League member and one of Earth's most powerful heroes a decade or so ago, who eventually went off to do hero work in space. Taking a full power hit from Dark Star would kill nearly anybody, if he wanted it to. 

Let's have some initiative rolls! If you would like to have a post just to react, feel free to do that, but since the monster got the surprise round, no attacks until we go into initiative order. 

Well, this monster is many things, but it's not particularly fast. I will also be referring to it OOC as Memento Mori, even though that hasn't come up yet in the scene, because I like to make things easy for myself. 

Initiative is as follows: 

Shadowborne: 16

Nightscale: 10

Memento Mori: 9

Tiamat: 3 

Fleur is... well, she's not in the initiative order this evening. :P Shadowborne, you're up! 

Okay, Muirne's edit literally JUST got approved so I'm gonna go all in on using my new toys :P 

Okay, so she's using her Partial Transformation in Shattenwelt Drawing

Base Power: [8 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 23PP] Additional Descriptor(s): (Partial Transformation)

Elongation 4  (Extras: Projection) [8PP]

Super-senses 7 (Life Awareness; Descriptor Frequency: Very Common; Sense Type: Mental, Default: None; Extras: Accurate, Ranged; Feats: Uncanny Dodge [Life Awareness]) [7PP]

Super-movement 1 (Swinging; Extras: Linked [Speed (+0)]) [2PP]

Speed 2 (Extras: Linked [Super-movement (+0)]) [2PP]

Super-movement 2 (Permeate, Wall-Crawling) [4PP]

and set to Phased Strike on Shadow Channeling

Base Power: [7PP] Additional Descriptor(s): (None)

Phased Strike 7 Adds (Extras: Penetrating 7) to Shadowed Weapons [7PP]

and am just noticing that I accidentally put 7 instead of 8 in all the extras there despite giving array the points for it, dangit...

Anyway, Muirne is gonna use Startle as a movement action (-5) and then reach out with her long shadowy arms to stab the beasty.

Intimidate Skill Mastery 10 + 14 - 5 = 19

Attack roll 1d20+8 = 17

In the unlikely event that hits it's a DC23 Toughness Save.

Nightscale I think is going to use the occasion that no one is close to the monster yet, to throw a breath of fire at it. 

Damage 8 (Extras: Area [Type: General; Shape: Cone; Size: 80ft], Secondary Effect; Flaws: Action [Full]) [16PP]

save DC is 23

Just as a note, Nightscale gets 1hp from having the monster poke at him where it hurts. Tiamat would too, but I can't give her one, sorry! :(

Okay, the monster is going to go for Shadowborne, doesn't like those shadows at all! 

It attacks and gets a 26, which does hit.  

Need a reflex save please, DC 22. 

Righto, Muirne is gonna do a couple of things. First she's gonna use Super-movement Swinging linked Speed 2 to drag herself over to Memento Mori while switching Shadow Channeling to 

Alternate Power: [7PP] Additional Descriptor(s): (Draining, Consumption)

Thirsting Strike 7 Adds (Extras: Vampiric 7) to Shadowed Weapons [7PP]

Which I am definitely going to put an edit for after this post to increase it to 8 like the power is supposed to be but oh well.

Next she's gonna stab him of course! 1d20+8 = 17 Which I'm pretty sure hits since it's the exact same as what she got last time lol.

DC23 Toughness when you get up, and it's Vampiric!