Jump to content

Recommended Posts

El, with surprising stealth for someone of her bulk (and wearing heavy armor, as well), sneaked around the museum with grace. I very much hope that Shields is behind this, and that all our suspicious are true. Things are much easier when they are less complicated. She gripped her grav-hammer tightly, as she looked around for the gem. An idiom came to mind: when you're holding a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. I suppose that is my role on the team, then. A hammer. She smiled, somewhat comforted by that. Problems appeared before her, and she smacked them. Simple!

 

"Charlie, do you see anything? Can't find this gem anywhere."

Link to comment

Do you have any gizmos to deal with the security?” Luke had asked Chaz and Olivia, before they decided to infiltrate the Museum. After all, it was not exactly his first time breaking in somewhere (although perhaps it was the first he had done so with a ‘noble intent’) and for sure given the presence of the gem and other expensive artifacts the Museum was going to have some in place right? "Dunno turn off the alarms or the cameras?"

 

…………………………….

 

As light on his feet as he could Luke navigated the museum hall with his friends. Now if he wasn’t accustomed to sneaking around at night already he would have perhaps found the place a bit creepy all things considered, but whatever right? After all he was a freaking dragon (and he could see in the dark with ease). That said, he could not conceal the fact that he was feeling a bit on edge. What was he going to say when they inevitably happened to but heads with Sebastian and his friends? (More importantly what was he going to say to Muirne?) Plus there was always the chance that this was a trap. What if Sebastian had figured out that he was following them? Quite possible… They would be the ones found sneaking around at night at the museum…Yeah…

 

At least finding the room with the gem wasn’t hard, it was by far the most precious thing in the building and that was enough for his dragon sense to track its ‘scent’.

Link to comment

Arrow deftly moved into the museum without a hitch as expected, heading towards the Ancient Greece exhibit. Shockingly, the other managed to avoid tripping an alarm. Olivia was the verge of kind-of-maybe giving them compliment for that when Luke asked his question. 

 

The archer had virtual smorgasbord of gadgets in her utility belt but nothing near powerful enough like an EMT that could knockout all the surveillance equipment in a museum as well-protected and monitored Hunter's. Usually, in her experience with Bowman it was always better to just not be caught on camera or trip an alarm at all. Easy enough for her and her mentor but given who she was currently working with...

 

With a huff she looked towards the admittedly more technological-savvy Nevermore for a solution. "Some of us aren't going keep getting lucky and avoid all the cameras and alarms in here," she said matter-of-factly, somehow finding the will not to point fingers at that moment. "Which means we probably have two options. Either we head to security room and try to shut things down manually. Or we use some kind of limited range EMT to shut it all down for us. Got an alternatives?"
 

Link to comment

Nevermore II

 

"Codenames," Charlie reminded El. Honestly, it was starting to become a running joke that he would be the one to remind the rest of the group about remembering to not use their real names in the field by now. He appreciated the rest of the group didn't have a mentor like Alek to hammer the importance into them, but... well, at least it wasn't Luke this time. 

 

He motioned with his head towards the gem to make sure El spotted it too, before responding to Luke and O's questions. "Security room's probably our best, but honestly? We've avoided them this far, and turning off the alarm is just gonna make it easier for Cas' crew and the bad guys they're hoping to stop, so, I'd vote against it." 

 

Standing up straight, he fired a line towards the ceiling. "How about we make ourselves scarce? Find somewhere to hide, then we'll wait for the bad guys and New Young Freedom to arrive, then ambush?" He didn't really wait, instead letting the line reel him in and sending towards the rafters above, where he quickly disappeared into the shadow.

Link to comment

GM

 

With the group hidden, all they could do was wait. It might come easier to some than others, but at least they didn't have to wait long. 

 

Twenty minutes later, New Young Freedom arrived. Casanova led the group into the room, of course. Stinger trailed a bit behind, talking to Chump about disabling the security to make sure no one would steal their thunder. Chump, for his part, didn't seem to like the idea too much, but he followed along anyway. Bluebird was floating along without touching the floor, and Toxin just looked bored at the entire thing. They were all in costume, obviously expecting trouble.

 

Stinger still wore the same rather revealing cowgirl outfit the last time they had seen them, with her whip by her side and a black domino mask over her eyes. Chump was in a light blue one piece body suit with a large black V shape stretching from his shoulders and to the middle of his chest, with a police badge attached on the left, above his heart. He wore black gloves and boots now, but no mask. Toxin was in her usual radioactive proof white environment suit. Bluebird was in a light blue costume with a hood pulled up, and Casanova was in a darker blue suit with white stripes near his shoulders and wrists. He had added a hood to the suit, dark blue on the outside, white on the inside, and wore a see-through plastic mask over his face to protect it (and maybe his still broken nose). It shouldn't be this hurt still, but maybe he just wanted to prevent another broken nose?

 

They didn't seem to notice the other group of heroes so far.

 

"Everyone, spread out. If Stinger's intel's right, they're gonna be here any second. Remember, they gotta get to the gem first and then we take 'em down. I've alerted some news stations, so make sure you get the fight out in the street!" He paused and looked behind the crew. "Shadowborne, get up here! We can't spend all day waiting for you to catch up!"

Link to comment

Muirne jogged to catch up with the others, her armour, shield and spear at the ready. She was partially transformed, her silhouette broken up by writhing shadows while her eyes glowed acid green. Her spearhead was pitch dark, sucking the light into it. “Sorry Casanova, I thought I saw something but it must've been my imagination." She was so glad that Sebastian was bringing her along, she didn't know what this gemstone did but with her experiences she would rather have to be near it than for someone to take it for their own nefarious ends.

 

Þú scolde forscamian oþ fiell swá eaþe. Muirne was brought up short for a moment by the venom in Aoife's voice, but pushed past and kept moving. She didn't know why Aoife was so vehemently against Sebastian, but just like Luke and Charlie she would see that he really was a great person.

 

1 You should be ashamed to fall so easily.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

 

 

Luke chuckled as quietly as possible at his friend's remark about using codenames. He didn’t like the idea of having the security running, though, after all, they had broken into the museum before Cas and his friends so yeah… Not exactly great if anyone found out. Whatever though, so far it looked like they have eluded the cameras. Plus, sure Nevermore might have been the most experienced hero among them, but Luke did have some experience about breaking and entering and well, there was always some risk of getting caught..

 

Well, not exactly ambush ok? Let’s find out what they are up to first, ok?” He objected. Yeah, after all his girl was with them and there was always the chance that things could turn out fine.

 

……

 

Things were not going to turn up fine. The young was seething in anger as he witnessed the New Young Freedom joining the scene from his hiding place. Yeah, transparent mask or not, Cas was gonna get a generous dose of punching if he was messing with Muirne and that was a fact.

 

What about Muirne herself though? She seemed… well a bit too eager to please that buffoon wasn’t she? Now, he could see her wanting to join a superhero group, nothing wrong with that, but let that windbag boss her around, not so much. There was definitely something fishy.

 

Plus he really didn’t like the tone that Sebastian had used with her. Not one bit. In fact, he was quite tempted to dash out of his hiding place and teach Cas a thing or two about how to address a girl and that definitely showed in his body language, muscles tense and fists clenched...

Edited by Nerdzul
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

El was absolutely seething with anger. Her worst suspicions were confirmed: Shields was using Muirne, one of her friends, to commit crimes! She looked over and saw Luke as angry as she was. Even though he said they shouldn't ambush New Young Freedom, his actions spoke louder than his words. 

 

"Don't worry, team," El said, her helmet making clanking sounds as it covered her face, "I will help our friend." 

 

Before anyone could object, Outrider broke cover and headed straight for New Young Freedom, brandishing her gravity hammer. She smacked it against her palm loudly, each blow causing a brief burst of energy to appear. She cracked a grin beneath her helmet - now she was in her element. 

 

She cracked her neck loudly, and her voice boomed in the museum. "You will relenquish control of Muirne, Shields, or face my wrath!" she said, slamming the head of her hammer down on the ground, which obliterated the tiles on the floor in front of her. "Let's go, you and me, right now!"

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

 

Sebastian paused and looked at Outrider as she walked out from her hiding place.

 

"Who is that?" he asked the rest of New Young Freedom. "She's that giant girl that's been hanging around Claremont lately, isn't she?"

 

He stared at Outrider and held out a hand. "Doesn't matter." His eyes almost glowed as he began to worm his way into Outrider's mind.

Link to comment

Outrider fell to her knees, clutching the sides of her head. She knew he had mind control, but she wasn't prepared for it. She felt tendrils of psychic energy worming into her skull, and by instinct, she reached for a memory that would surely fortify her: the brutal training she endured to prepare for her duties as an Outrider with her sister. Those moments when she knew she couldn't continue, but did so anyway...because she had to.

 

She slowly stood up, and shouted aloud to rid herself of the Shields' remaining influence. "Okay, Casanova. It's my turn." She picked up her hammer and charged it with gravity energy, and grinned beneath her helmet. Oh, yeah. This'll be fun. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

GM

 

Casanova stood still for a moment, staring at Outrider. 

 

The other young would be heroes were still hiding, still out of sight, and so, all of New Young Freedom's attention were on them.

 

"Bluebird, go keep watch. Gotta be ready for the villains." Casanova grinned behind his mask and raised a hand towards Outrider. "Shadowborne? How about you show me just how much you want to be part of the team by taking down that oversized Mad Max reject?"

Edited by RocketLord
Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...

Muirne looked between Sebastian and El in confusion. What the hell is El talking about? The thought spurred a spike of derision from Aoife and she regretted the question immediately, pushing away from the inevitable reply before she could hear it. She didn't know why El thought that Cas would be controlling her, and wasn't sure how El knew where they'd be. Still, despite Casanova's order to 'take down' El, she still didn't want to fight her other friend. El seemed eager for a fight though, which didn't fill her with confidence in her ability to talk her down.

 

Your friend is here to save you! If you weren't such a weak willed little girl she wouldn't have to.

 

She winced slightly at the latest venomous barb from Aoife as she stepped forwards, her shadows pouring out to cover her limbs, blurring her silhouette as her eyes started glowing green. Her spear flared with shadows before becoming into a rod of sucking darkness. She didn't quite fall into a ready stance, but it wasn't far off. "El, I don't know what you think is happening but we have to keep this gem from being stolen. I don't want to hurt you but I will. So back off, before I make you."

Link to comment

"That's what we are doing, Muirne! Preventing it from being stolen by these goons!" she shouted, pointing at Casanova. "I don't want to fight you either. You've been a solid friend and ally during my time here, but if you don't step aside and let me through to Casanova, we will have some problems."

 

Gears turned in her mind, and she looked up at Casanova. "You may or may not be controlling her, Casanova. It doesn't matter to me. But pitting someone against her friends is not what true heroes do. So, Casanova, I hope this teaches you a lesson."

 

She hurled her hammer with all her might across the room, charging it with gravitic energy, and aimed right for Casanova! "Feel my fury, jerkwad!"

Edited by Lone_Star
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

 

Casanova took a step to the side, evading the hammer without too much trouble. He chuckled. "C'mon, is that all you can do? As slow as you're big and ugly, aren't you?"

 

With a shout, Chump came in from the side and threw a punch directly at Outrider's face, putting himself in between her and Casanova.

Link to comment

Nevermore II

 

Ah, dammit, El. They needed to play smart here, not just go in hammers swinging, but... yeah. That wasn't gonna work, was it? Not anymore.

 

Alright, that was fine, then. Charlie could adapt. The others were busy, so he reached into his belt and pulled out a small silver ball, quickly throwing it away, into the next room.

 

It made heavy noise, voices calling out, probably what some villains would sound like. Clear the room a bit. 

 

Stinger looked over at Casanova and shrugged, then moved towards the noise in the other room.

 

Looking over at Nightscale, Charlie moved his hand forward. Time to bring a dragon in.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, RocketLord said:

GM

 

Casanova took a step to the side, evading the hammer without too much trouble. He chuckled. "C'mon, is that all you can do? As slow as you're big and ugly, aren't you?"

 

With a shout, Chump came in from the side and threw a punch directly at Outrider's face, putting himself in between her and Casanova.

 

El grunted in rage and frustration as her swing missed, his mean comment distracting her! That hurt. She tried not to let it show, but his jab at her cut her to the quick. "How dare you? HOW DARE YOU?!" she shouted, and charged towards him again... "You son of a - OOF"

 

...so that she had no idea the brutish Chump was next to her until his blow connected with her jaw. She fell to the ground, her armor clanking as she scraped against the tile floor. She tried to stand up, but her head was spinning too much, so she just sort of fell back down in a heap. Determined not to blow her friends cover (which she was just now realizing the stupidity of a headlong rush), she said to Chump, "Is that all you got? You hit like a child!"

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Back off before I make you. That wasn't Muirne wasn't it? Cas. He was really doing it. Now, perhaps he should have thought about how to actually beat the Young Freedom, or that they were infiltrating a museum with priceless relics all around perhaps, but truth was, he couldn't. All he wanted was smack Sebastian hard enough. He could barely register Chaz presence nearby, but he definitely ignored him.

 

He darted out of his hiding place. The plan was simple, he was gonna plant his fist into Cas' mouth until he relinquished his control.

 

"Let! Her! Go!" He half shouted, half growled. His eyes burning bright into the darkness.

 

Before he could get to his prey however, a massive figure stopped him in his tracks. Come on Chump. Now, truth was, Luke didn't really hate the guy, in fact, as far as things went, he knew that Sebastian had mislead him and anyway, he was only protecting a friend, in another situation he would have felt sympathy for him. At the time though. Muirne was his girl. Cas was hurting her. That was all that mattered. 

 

"Get the hell out of the way!" He aimed his claws at the big guy and he almost had a sense of satisfaction when he felt them strike true.

Edited by Nerdzul
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...