So she could come back? Luke sighed with relief. Thanks God! He would have never forgiven himself if someone actually died under his watch. Hero or not. “She will be fine then?” He asked. “And Tiamat too?” His gaze shifted toward the fellow dragon’s unconscious form.

Can we do anything to help?

When the urgency of the situation started to dwindle a bit, it was time for Luke to make a realization. That was the whole freakin’ Freedom League! And most of them staring at him, with various levels of inquisitiveness. Now Luke was not easily intimidated, but given the situation he could do nothing, but feel under pressure. He was grateful that his costume concealed his features and how much he was actually star struck…

Ehem. Thanks. We… I’m not sure it’s all on us. I mean, the reason why that thing left.” He replied to Gaian Knight, although admittedly even a simple 'Good Job' for such a legendary figure certainly made him feel extremely proud of himself.

Yes just one, a shapeshifter though, it looked like it had all kinds of powers.” He commented when Terrifica seemed baffled by what had transpired. “I think it like, fed on the shitty moments in our past or something. Like when we have been our weakest or somethin’ I mean, do you think Fleur ever fought against a gravity guy?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity

"Lawrence and I can join you if you want." Velocity offered when Gabriel mentioned speaking with Stesha's daughter about what was going on. "He is at Nicholson with Amaryllis, if a couple grades ahead."

When Luke asked his question about if Fleur had ever fought someone with gravity powers, the speedster Velocity glanced over at Gabriel and Gaian Knight a brief moment before looking back at the teen and responding. "Well, not really fought, but someone with gravity powers was part of a pretty low point for her."

Then a warm smile came to her face as she focused on Luke and Muirne. "But you two made it through a pretty significant trial by fire, so to speak. As Gaian said, good job. You are both at Claremont correct?"

Aoife looked at the group appraisingly as they conversed with Nightscale. She was aware that the Freedom League was held in high regard, and her prey fleeing was an obvious point in favour of their reputation not being blown out of proportion. "We are Claremont Students, yes." With that, Aoife went silent once more. She contemplated saying more. Muirne would say more, but what would she say? "Will you be needing any further questions immediately, or would it be best to do so at a later date?" There. She was even being sensitive, since they needed to handle Fleur's death, however temporary it might be.

She bet even Luke couldn't tell she wasn't Muirne!

"A later date, I think, but very soon," said Gaian Knight - though his attention was clearly elsewhere. "If this happened once, it'll happen again, and we want to know as much as possible before then."

Broken earth was bitterly convenient; he wouldn't have to relocate any grass. Rocks and dirt flowed up from the ground along Fleur's trajectory, coming together like something alive to form a large stone archway - very large, which was easy enough to build but not so easy to fill with a golden-tinged portal to Sanctuary's open green fields. It was worth it to not leave anybody behind.

With one hand directed at the portal, the other brought Tiamat's prone body forward on a gentle wave of earth. That certainly didn't make things easier, but he was just able to maneuver her through to greener pastures, plus or minus some uncomfortable-looking wing-folding; Fleur was much easier, earth gently wrapping her up in a shape more like a seed than a coffin before floating her through to home. "I'll make sure she's somewhere sunny and safe before I head back," he said, visibly relaxing as the structure of the portal collapsed down to a more reasonable size. "I'll park Tiamat there, too, for now, and stick around long enough to make sure she's as okay as she looks. We'll be in touch if anything changes, for better or for worse."

Gabriel nodded slightly at Velocity's words. His reply was quiet, his voice tinged with sadness.

"Yes. I think that would be best.

In between eye-blinks, his spear is gone, and has folded his hands together. They sit mostly hidden in the sleeve-folds of his robe-like coat, giving him the air of a man of the cloth. 

"I will go with Gaian Knight and wait for you at their home. Best not to delay things by having someone who's not a registered guardian go to Nicholson."

He closed his eyes and sighed.

"Give them the code-phrase "Field Falls Fallow". They will know what it means."

Stesha had spoken with most of the League for contingencies like this, but Gabriel not being a parent with those demands on his time meant that, ironically, he was better able to keep track of these things, at least at times. 

It took a little while and a few calls to track down Amaryllis, given the late hour, but giving the school Stesha's code phrase was enough to get their quick cooperation. The young gravitoflorakinetic had several emergency contact numbers on file, including Carson and Tarrant, but the third was for the creche manager in Sanctuary's largest village, Mayberry. She was shocked by the news of Stesha's untimely (if temporary) demise, but was able to quickly direct them to the family who were looking after Ammy for the evening. That family, also Sanctuary residents, did not have a home telephone that she knew of, but she offered to dispatch a runner right away, or the heroes could come and collect the girl themselves. 

Meanwhile, Tarrant's arrival on Sanctuary found the world wrapped in the gentle shroud of darkness speckled with stars. It was always a little shocking to move from Prime to Sanctuary in the evening and see just how dark a world without streetlights could be. The weather forecast called for sun for the next few days, so really all he needed to do was find a nice spot to put his friend for awhile. In a place like this, there were a lot of options for sunny garden patches without too many people around.