Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

REBELLION

 

Rebellion followed the Takazumi-gumi from the roof, walking behind them. He could ambush them now, but it wouldn't serve any purpose. He wouldn't learn what they were up to like that.

 

And then the monster followed him. He stopped in his tracks, glancing at it just as Tomiko and Ryu slipped away. He didn't have time for this thing getting in his way.

 

"Go away."

 

He had to get in there, somehow. Having a giant monster following him around wouldn't work.

 

Unless...

Edited by RocketLord
Link to post

The Carnifex ex Imaginatio

 

The Carnifex grinned at Rebellion before splaying her hand over where the human heart was, her voice tinged with mock hurt. "Oh, I'm hurt. You'd send me away so cruelly to live upon the streets, hated and feared for my appearance? Have you no heart?" She looked gleefully down at the shadow after her little performance. "Come, tell me how I did. Did your soul weep for the pitiful creature before you? No? I am not surprised. But little shadow, I can help you. I'm fact, if you wanted I could even call other help here. I am sure you have perfectly heroic motivations, it seems everyone but the Ultio Suits do in this town and if so my Dreamer and her fear little wizard friend could offer you aid."

 

The Carnifex looked Rebellion over once more before peering down at the street below. "And if my three for the price of one deal does not strike your fancy, well I cannot sweeten the pot more than that to be frank. I'm a nightmare, not a miracle worker."

Link to post

At her elevator pitch for for the creature she named the Carnifex, and the mention of several rather ‘interesting’ names Christopher raised a curious eyebrow but didn’t interrupt.

”I feel we will have a very interesting conversation one of these days.”

When she askes, Christopher smiles. “Not a spell per se.”

He closes his eyes and takes a breath. When he exhales, he opens his eyes again the magically in tune Adriana might spot a brief shine in his eyes and maybe a brief shimmer at the center of his forehead as the mage opens his mind’s eye to perceive the magic of the world.

Casting his gaze up towards the rooftops, he scans around for the telltale magic of such a powerful creature.

Link to post

GM

 

Blackstaff could easily track the creature to the rooftops where it had stopped in its track. There was something else there, something he couldn't quite sense, something blurred. But the Carnifex was still, not talking. That much he could sense, at least.

 

The guards on the ground seemed uneasy. Almost like they expected trouble.

Link to post

REBELLION

 

Three others? The nightmare before him and more? It could be an useful distraction.

 

Rebellion looked at the nightmare. His white eyes glowed. "Deal." He pointed to the men that stood guard at the door. "Distract them."

 

He didn't care much for how it did, but he could at least try to direct the nightmare's attention.

Link to post

“There it is.”

Christopher informs Adrianna, pointing up in its direction.

“It’s stationary right now, and there’s something else there.”

He adds curiously. Also, noting mentally that it happened to head in the direction the ground had moved off in.

“We should probably catch up with it.”

Link to post

The Dreamer

 

The Dreamer nodded at Blackstaff's directions, wheeling in the direction as fast as she could, lifting herself up with a pair of harpies gripping onto the sides of her chair once The Carnifex was in sight. "When I reach the roof I will lift you onto the roof." With that said she took off towards the Carnifex and the 'something else' that Blackstaff detected.

 

The Carnifex ex Imaginatio

 

The Carnifex grinned at Rebellion as he told her to distract the guards. She laughed heartily, the sound ringing with an unpleasantly maniacal tone. "Your wish is my command." She bowed deeply before returning to a standing position. She looked over to see the Dreamer approaching before turning back to Rebellion. "It would seem that my Dreamer is approaching. Knowing that, I bid you farewell for now, little shadow." With that parting remark she leapt down to stand between the guards, with a predatory smile that nearly took in her ears.

"So, how's your health plan?"

Link to post

GM

 

The guards took a few steps back. Then they reached for weapons and shouted something in Japanese.

 

One pulled out a gun.

 

The other looked at his companion and snickered, before pulling out a short sword, a wakizashi. 

Link to post

REBELLION

 

The nightmare pointed out the girl in the wheelchair before it leapt towards the guards. She was approaching, her chair carried by... harpies of some kind.

 

Monsters and beasts. It seemed like Rebellion was in good company.

 

"The nightmare called you a Dreamer." It was a statement, not a question. He looked at her with his white eyes. She seemed... fragile. But perhaps not. The beasts she conjured certainly showed a different story.

Link to post

Christopher ran along side Adrianna. When a pair of harpies grabbed onto the chair and lifted her towards the rooftop he smirked and chuckled.

”Showing off again.”

But as she rose higher Christopher say the nightmare leap from the roofs and he picked up his pace.

 

Ahead of him he spotted the creation being threatened by a coupe of guards... or was it the other way around? Either way, trouble was about to start.

 

Blackstaff reached into his coat for the blasting rod he used to focus his magic and shook his wrist, feeling the light weight of the shield bracelet against his skin. The tiny metal shields woven into its design warmed as he poured even the slightest bit of his will into.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

The Carnifex ex Imaginatio

 

The Carnifex grinned as the men pulled their weapons. She'd been hoping on that sort of reaction. "Apparently it's great!" The nightmare leapt forward, striking the man across the head with her stone-like fist. "Oh you have a sword! I'm terrified." She crouched down, her grin still affixed to her face as she reached the man's head height, opening her arms to expose her torso, "Come on, hit me!"

 

The Dreamer

 

The Dreamer reached the roof moments before the Carnifex laid the gun toting guard out, and had a distinct sinking feeling that things were going to go sideways in a rather extreme manner. "You have me at a disadvantage, but yes I am called The Dreamer by those who know me. Who are you, and are you responsible for the Carnifex attacking those men? If so, why?" She narrowed her eyes at the creature. The Carnifex was an unrepentant monster, and setting it on some men without a good reason wasn't something she could allow.

Link to post

Blackstaff watched as one of the guards dropped from Carnifex's assault. He could only hope them victim was still alive.

"Forzare!"

His blasting rod snapped out at the remaining guard. Powerful winds whipped out in an attempt to wrap around the man and grip me tightly.

Link to post

The Dreamer

 

The Dreamer watched as the winds Blackstaff conjured wrapped around the gangster to no effect. The Carnifex had started this fight, but she didn't want to see a fight drag out. She concentrated and shaped her dreams into a cage around the man, the bars beginning to form around the man when he leapt clear. His reflexes were impressive if nothing else.

 

The Carnifex ex Imaginatio

 

The Carnifex chuckled as the humans around her failed to capture the guard, easily stepping to the side and smashing her fist into the man and watching with satisfaction as he dropped like a puppet with its strings cut. She turned and grinned up at the roof where Rebellion and Her Dreamer looked down. It seems that they had met, good.

 

Turning to Blackstaff after the smile. She waved to him jauntily, "So, you're the one who helped My Dreamer with that business with the little clans. It's a pleasure to meet you, I am the Carnifex ex Imaginatio. You've heard of me, yes? All good things I'm sure."

Link to post

REBELLION

 

The nightmare tore through the guards below, taking them down with ease. It was powerful. Not something that came from someone with nice dreams. He would have to watch this one.

 

His white eyes glowed lightly as he took a step towards the edge of the roof and looked at her once. "Rebellion." Then he stepped off. He disappeared before he reached the ground.

 

And then, he moved. Use the chaos, use the distraction. Let the dreamers and magicians and nightmares deal with the Takazumi-gumi. 

 

Moving carefully, taking as much time as he felt he could, the invisible Rebellion slipped into the building.

Link to post

GM

 

The guard yelled something as Blackstaff's magic crackled around him, but he was too fast, twisting out of the way. He was moving fast, straight towards Blackstaff, but not fast enough. 

 

The Carnifex caught him with a single blow, and the man fell breathless to the ground.

 

It seemed like things were at peace, but then... yells from inside the buildings.

 

Their victory might have been swift, but it had not been silent. More Takazumi-gumi were on the way.

Link to post

Blackstaff bit back a curse as the guard reacted faster then he anticipated. The man rushed at him with a sword ready but was dropped but Carnifex’s strike. He frowned at the nightmare but held his tongue for now.

He moved forward to check the man, hoping Dreamer’s creation hadn’t killed one of them. Blackstaff could hear the calls to action inside and tried to hurry.

”I am.” He replied, regarding Carnifex as he moved to check the other man. “Your creator certainly has had... ‘things’ to say about you.” 

Link to post

The Dreamer

 

Closing her eyes, The Dreamer focused. She wanted to move things, not make them. She didn't know how, but Rebellion in some way reminded her of The Carnifex. She wasn't going to assume the worst yet, but he also did sic The Carnifex on some guards. It was not the sort of action that inspired confidence in one's intentions.

 

The Carnifex ex Imaginatio

 

The Carnifex shifted closer to the door, putting herself slightly between it and Blackstaff in case anyone came out with guns blazing. Not enough to block his view, but still more than nothing. "Oh I'm sure." She purred, bending slightly to meet the Wizard's eyes easier. "Surely an accomplished mage like yourself knows not to take things at face value though, don't believe everything you hear."

Link to post

"Indeed, never believe everything you hear and only half of what you see."

Blackstaff replied looking up at the nightmare unflinchingly.

"Besides, I never said if those things were good or bad."

The wizard stood and gripped his blasting rod, adding without any malice.

"To assume the worst, speaks more of you then me."

He glanced up at the roofs for a moment looking for Dreamer. He hadn't seen Rebellion and was still unaware of his presence at the scene.

 

Link to post

REBELLION

 

The entrance led down a hallway that Rebellion could easily follow. He was aware that he didn't have much time, but he shouldn't rush, either. Take the time he needed, the monster, its Dreamer and the mage outside would provide plenty of distraction.

 

He leaned to the side, allowing the four running guards to pass by him. He only recognized two. The other two had to be stationed here. How many were hiding inside this place? How many would he have to break to find out what the Takazumi-gumi was up to?

 

Rebellion moved through the door that the four men had come from.

Link to post

GM

 

Rebellion had entered a long hallway. On the right was an open door that led into a small shop filled with everything and anything, the kind of things you would expect in a small shop of curiosities. 

 

Ahead of him, a door opened in the hallway and four men in suits with guns in their hands came running out. They saw nothing, moving past the invisible Rebellion, towards the door that he had entered through.

 

They shouted at each other in Japanese, quickly starting to fire their weapons at the two most obvious targets: Blackstaff and the Carnifex.

Link to post

Blackstaff’s hand came up as the men piled out the front doors. The tiny metal sheiks woven into his bracket jingling slightly as his will flowed through it. The gunfire slamming harmlessly into it and he noticed one or two of those would have hurt tremendously given their trajectories when his magic stopped them.

He dislike guns, though he knew their value when magic wouldn’t work. Still, these particular ones were currently being deployed in his direction, and that wouldn’t do. Blackstaff make a quick sideways chopping motion and barked an harsh sounding word.

”Hexious!”

Raw magical energy poured out of the wizard to wash over the men. The power meant jinx their weapons. Causing feeding mechanisms to jam, keep powder from igniting, cause firing pins to misfire, whatever was needed to keep them from work... even if it is just for a moment or two.

He hoped to sow confusion and waste their time. Most people took the time to clear their weapon and try again. But sometimes they would get frustrated and discard them, giving him the advantage. Once in a while he gets lucky and the run away without their guns to hide behind. Blackstaff mentally crossed his fingers.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...