Cold Blood - PL11 - SilvercatMoonpaw

Players Name: SilvercatMoonpaw

Power Level: 11 (152 PPs)

Unspent PPs: 2

Characters Name: Cold Blood

Alternate Identity: Amelia Wisecraft V (really the original, and that’s not even her real name)

Height: 6 ft

Weight: 145 lb

Hair: Red

Eyes: Amber

Description: Lean human female with short-cropped red hair and piercing amber eyes, somewhere between the ages of 18 and 24. If some looks carefully when she opens her mouth they can see that her canines are slightly longer and more pointed than most peoples’.

In costume she wears a long, loose raincoat with a hood and a black rubber mask with goggles that covers her entire lower face.

History: Approximately 200 years ago a wealthy being from another dimension discovered Freedom City. Needing a place to get away she had a mansion constructed and set about integrating herself into the money culture as the heiress Amelia Wisecraft. However the rich people of Earth were much more boring then back home, so she needed another outlet. She found it stalking the people who walked Freedom’s streets. But she didn’t hunt just anyone: it didn’t seem fair (or fun) to target the people who simply plodded on through their dreary lives. No, she hunted the hunters, the predators, the criminals. And it was fun just to see the expressions on their faces.

The being has returned to Freedom several times since then, each time pretending to be a new member of the mysteriously wealthy Wisecraft family, and each time treating it like a hunting safari. The papers dubbed her the “Cold Blood Killerâ€Â, not because she actually killed people but because her powers invariably left them shivering and because of her emotionless demeanor while hunting. Originally the stories of her powers were dismissed as the mad ramblings of the depraved or exaggerations by witnesses. It’s only been in the last few decades that her abilities have been taken seriously. Coincidently people believe that Cold Blood is an immortal protector of Freedom, a bit like Lantern Jack.

Stats:

Str: 26 (+8)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 28 (+9)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Total: 50 pp

Trade-off: +0 Attack/-0 DC; -1 Defense/+1 Toughness

BAB: +10

BDB: +9

Initiative: +3

Total: 38 pp

Saves:

Toughness: +11

Fortitude: +10 (1 pp + 9 Con)

Reflex: +6 (3 pp + 3 Dex)

Will: +10 (7 pp + 3 Wis)

Total: 11 pp

Skills: 36 skill ranks = 9 pp

Bluff 8 [+10]

Intimidate 8 [+10]

Knowledge (history) 8 [+8]

Notice 8 [+11]

Sense Motive 4 [+7]

Feats: Attractive 2, Benefit (Wealthy x3)

Total: 5 pp

Powers: Immunity 10 (aging, disease, poison, need for sleep, environmental cold, emotion effects)

Super-senses 2 (infravision, tracking [infravision])

Protection 2

“Hellmist†Blast 10 (Power Feats: Alternate Power x3) [cold descriptor]

AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6 (Extras: Range [Ranged] (+1);Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses])

AP: “Draining Touch†Strike 10 (Extras: Vampiric (+1))

AP: Teleport 12 (Flaws: Short range only (-1 on last 6 ranks); Power Feats: Change Velocity, Easy) [1,200 ft/20 miles]

Super-Strength 3

Total: 43 pp

Drawbacks: Vulnerable to heat and fire attacks (moderate [+50%]) -2

Weakness to places of worship (-1 Int, Wis, Cha, and powers per 5 minutes) -4

Costs: Abilities (50) + Combat (38) + Saves (11) + Skills (9) + Feats (05) + Powers (43) - Drawbacks (6) = Total Cost 150

Alternate Identity: Amelia Wisecraft V (really the original, and that’s not even her real name)

Description: Lean human female with short-cropped red hair and piercing amber eyes, somewhere between the ages of 18 and 24. If some looks carefully when she opens her mouth they can see that her canines are slightly longer and more pointed than most peoples’.

In costume she wears a long, loose raincoat with a hood and a black rubber mask with goggles that covers her entire lower face.

History: Approximately 200 years ago a wealthy being from another dimension discovered Freedom City. Needing a place to get away she had a mansion constructed and set about integrating herself into the money culture as the heiress Amelia Wisecraft. However the rich people of Earth were much more boring then back home, so she needed another outlet. She found it stalking the people who walked Freedom’s streets. But she didn’t hunt just anyone: it didn’t seem fair (or fun) to target the people who simply plodded on through their dreary lives. No, she hunted the hunters, the predators, the criminals. And it was fun just to see the expressions on their faces.

The being has returned to Freedom several times since then, each time pretending to be a new member of the mysteriously wealthy Wisecraft family, and each time treating it like a hunting safari. The papers dubbed her the “Cold Blood Killerâ€Â, not because she actually killed people but because her powers invariably left them shivering and because of her emotionless demeanor while hunting. Originally the stories of her powers were dismissed as the mad ramblings of the depraved or exaggerations by witnesses. It’s only been in the last few decades that her abilities have been taken seriously. Coincidently people believe that Cold Blood is an immortal protector of Freedom, a bit like Lantern Jack.

Stats:

Saves:

Bluff 8 [+10]

Intimidate 8 [+10]

Notice 8 [+11]

Sense Motive 4 [+7]

Powers: Immunity 10 (aging, disease, poison, need for sleep, environmental cold, emotion effects)

Protection 2

AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6 (Extras: Range [Ranged] (+1);Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses])

AP: Teleport 12 (Flaws: Short range only (-1 on last 6 ranks); Power Feats: Change Velocity, Easy) [1,200 ft/20 miles]

Super-Strength 3

Costs: Abilities (50) + Combat (38) + Saves (11) + Skills (9) + Feats (05) + Powers (43) - Drawbacks (6) = Total Cost 150

Stats:

Saves:

Bluff 8 [+10]

Intimidate 8 [+10]

Notice 8 [+11]

Sense Motive 4 [+7]

Protection 2

Super-Strength 3

Cost: Ability 50 + Combat 38 + Saves 11 + Skills 10 + Feats 4 + Powers (10 + 2 + 2 + 23 + 6) 43 – Drawbacks 6 = 150 PPs.

Trade-offs: Attack/Save DC: +10/+10, Defense/Toughness: +9/+11

1. I assume that this . . .

AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6 (Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses])

. . . should be: AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6(Extra: Range (Ranged), Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses]). It doesn’t have to be, but you have the extra points in the array slot to make the power ranged.

2. Concerning this:

I’m going to check with the other Refs so see what they think about taking the “Short range only†on partial ranks. I kinda like it. Who needs/wants to be able to teleport 20 million miles? And you could easily reproduce the same effect (for a similar cost) with an AP. But I’d like to check to see what the other Refs think first.

Other than these two small things, I approve.

Cost: Ability 50 + Combat 38 + Saves 11 + Skills 10 + Feats 4 + Powers (10 + 2 + 2 + 23 + 6) 43 – Drawbacks 6 = 150 PPs.

AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6 (Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses])

. . . should be: AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6(Extra: Range (Ranged), Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses]). It doesn’t have to be, but you have the extra points in the array slot to make the power ranged.

2. Concerning this:

I’m going to check with the other Refs so see what they think about taking the “Short range only†on partial ranks. I kinda like it. Who needs/wants to be able to teleport 20 million miles? And you could easily reproduce the same effect (for a similar cost) with an AP. But I’d like to check to see what the other Refs think first.

2. Concerning this:

Sorry, there's no line in your template that says "Trade-off", so I tend to forget it when making a character for these boards.

1. I assume that this . . . AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6 (Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses])

Exactly. Again, I was distracted.

2. Concerning this: AP: Teleport 12 (Flaws: Short range only (-1 on last 6 ranks); Power Feats: Change Velocity, Easy) [1,200 ft/20 miles]

Heck, if I have to I'll make it Teleport 21 (Flaws: Short range only (-1); Power Feats: Change Velocity) or something similar. At 2100 ft a pop I can be approx. 20 miles away in 5 minutes.

Sorry, there's no line in your template that says "Trade-off", so I tend to forget it when making a character for these boards.

1. I assume that this . . . AP: “Shivering Terror†Nauseate 6 (Power Feats: Accurate, Subtle [mystical senses])

2. Concerning this: AP: Teleport 12 (Flaws: Short range only (-1 on last 6 ranks); Power Feats: Change Velocity, Easy) [1,200 ft/20 miles]

Heck, if I have to I'll make it Teleport 21 (Flaws: Short range only (-1); Power Feats: Change Velocity) or something similar. At 2100 ft a pop I can be approx. 20 miles away in 5 minutes.

Yeah, that, like the cost list, is just for audit purposes.

No need. No one had any objections to the build.

Also, you should note that without ranks of Benefit (Wealthy) you are only of average means.

As soon as another Ref approves, you're all set.

Also, you should note that without ranks of Benefit (Wealthy) you are only of average means.

I looked it over, and everything appears fine. One thing I will note is that you're still PL-limited in your bonus from Attractive, so you only have an effective bonus of +17 in Bluff against people who are attracted to you, not +18. I'm assuming you're a hero; if I'm wrong, let me know. Thanks. :)

I looked it over, and everything appears fine. One thing I will note is that you're still PL-limited in your bonus from Attractive, so you only have an effective bonus of +17 in Bluff against people who are attracted to you, not +18. I'm assuming you're a hero; if I'm wrong, let me know. Thanks. :)

We are currently of three minds right now. I’ll let you know as soon as we decide. If you want to get started playing in this thread, go ahead, but be aware that, depending on how we decide, you may have to go back and spend some PPs on the benefit feat (as other players have) to be as wealthy as you want.

We are currently of three minds right now. I’ll let you know as soon as we decide. If you want to get started playing in this thread, go ahead, but be aware that, depending on how we decide, you may have to go back and spend some PPs on the benefit feat (as other players have) to be as wealthy as you want.