How a Young Heart Really Feels

Electra

Madame Raven

Slumped in a chair, that she’d almost staggered over in her stalking around the edge of things. She was happy that everyone seemed to be having fun, but she wasn’t quite feeling it still.

Instead she munched down on one of the cookies she’d swiped from the food tables, though she guess they were for everyone, and tried to figure out if she shouldn’t just sneak out and find something else to do this night.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/17/2021 at 11:19 PM, EternalPhoenix said:

Chronia

Anyway, she dashed over to Elena and Astrid. No magic, thank god. Unfortunately, her shoes betrayed her again. Instead of half walking, half running up to them, she tripped, fell, and rolled instead. The Regency dress she was wearing helped, alas. “Ow, ow, ow. Oh, hi up there!” Because both girls were very tall, and Kendra’s viewpoint was currently the floor. “Luke said you might need my help with something, and he didn’t say what it was, and now he’s dancing with Muirne so I can’t ask him and I should get up.” This proved to be an effort filled endeavor. But she got up. “There. You’re still up there, huh?” She laughed again.

El smiled at Kendra. "Why, hello down there!" She helped Kendra to her feet. "I should imagine I'll be 'up here' for quite some time. Sorry I was surprised earlier. This world continues to surprise me every day I spend in it. Tell me, how do you...do that? I am very curious." 

11 hours ago, Cubismo said:

'Huh. Guess I was right on the money about her not being from around here.'  She gave the obviously uneasy looking Elena an comforting smile. "Dude don't worry about it. These clothes practically were scavenged from a thrift store I found in Riverside. Place was pretty cool pretty for the distinct smell of weed in the air." Not sure if that joke would even land for someone who came from another dimension or timeline, Astrid promptly moved on and started answering her questions about her powers.

"Right so powers. Well I'm pretty tough and super strong, but that's like totally boring compared to what I can do with Porrklubba," she explained, actually getting kind of excited to talk about her favorite weapon of choice. "It's a warclub but it honestly just looks like a glammed out baseball bat. Whenever I'm holding it can shooting lightning, manipulate the weather, teleport and just totally wreck fools with it. It's pretty great. But what about you, El?" She asked, honestly interested. "I mean this as a compliment but you look tough as Hel. You a brawler too?"

Elena visibly shrugged her shoulders in a sigh of relief. Glad that she did not take offense to what I said. There is still so much to learn about what is and is not appropriate to say on this world...

She nodded, understanding part of what she said. So a 'thrift store' - somewhere where clothes can be practically scavenged? No, more like that they are clothes people have left behind. Interesting. "I do not know what weed it would smell of, but it sounds unpleasant." 

She perked up when Astrid started talking about her weapon. Good! Some commonalities. "I am also super strong and tough! I was born with my powers, what you would call a mutation? I'm not as super-strong as some, but it's helpful in a hand-to-hand fight. I should very much like to see your weapon...Porrkl - sorry, how do you pronounce that? I do not know what 'glammed-out' means, but it sounds most formidable."

When she complimented her, El grinned from ear to ear. "Thank you. You look to be a mighty warrior as well. I would be honored to fight by your side one day. I can fight hand-to-hand well, but I use a hammer scavenged from the wastelands - a piece of long-lost technology. Fixed it myself, to a certain extent. It seems to be able to alter gravity in the area around it, and I use it to smash things. It does not have a name, but my chariot does - it came through the portal with me. When Painkiller is fixed, I must show you what it can do!" 

22 hours ago, Heritage said:

Inside one of the stalls, Lulu clucked her tongue as her her jumpsuit was casually draped over door. "It's more about senior year in general, know what ah mean? Everythin's goin' so darn fast, it's hard to keep up! College applications, entrance exams, sendin' out letters. Mah whole is *spinnin'* most of the time."

In no time at all, the redhead stepped out in a pink and silver sheath dress that looked like pure magic. She stepped over to the mirror to touch up her hair and makeup, shaking her head and sighing.

"Ah just wonder if we can make it work after graduation."

Veronica Danger

"It is a rather stressful time." Veronica responded as Lulu mentioned all the extra things most of the Seniors had going on in addition to just their regular school work. While the teenage Danger had the same things going on, she also had long been accustom to having a full schedule of other responsibilities associated with Danger International beyond her classes and school work.

When Lulu came out in her dress, Veronica gave the redhead a sympathetic look as she mentioned her concerns about how things would go after she and Adam were done at Claremont. "Yeah, things are likely to get more complicated, but if you put in the extra effort there is no reason to think you cannot make it work."

She then gave the redhead a small nudge with her elbow and a smile. "But that is still a few more months away, so how about focusing on what time you have now?"

Lulu smiled and shook her head. "You're right; we need to enjoy these moments when we get 'em" She offered Veronica the crook of her arm, amused by the juxtaposition their entrance would provide. "Shall we?"

Normally she would extend her mental presence outwards to Adam, to let her him know of her arrival; it was a bit like a gentle touch on the shoulder to say 'hey'. But tonight was a surprise, and she wanted to see the look on her boyfriend's face when she strode into the room, dressed to the nines.

Chronia

Helped up by Elena, the very first thing Kendra did was take the plate of cookies from Benny and immediately shove a whole one into her mouth. "Tanks, Beny." She was barely understandable through a suddenly very full mouth. She swallowed...and it got stuck. She thumped her own chest trying to get it to move. This did not work. Two flashes of blue light later, she had a cup of punch she swiftly chugged down. "Whew. I thought I was gonna die." It was then she realized Elena had actually asked a question. "Eh? Chronomancy." At the usual blank stare she added "Magic." She manifested the ghostly blue clockwork gears around her wrists, and grinned. She spoke as they gently turned. "Time magic." She laughed, forever cheerful. "Stop time, go faster, make other people go slower." She balanced her plate on her cup and pulled the mininturized Chronoscythe from inside her dress's top. Not cleavage, she didn't have enough of that to store anything. In another flash of blue light it was full size. "See, I made this." She pantomimed swinging it but did not actually do so. "Choppy choppy." She giggled at a private joke. And the she shrunk it again and put it back. "But party, so don't need it." She shook her stuffed rabbit, securely tied at her waist. "This is Mr. Pibbles. He is not magic. He is a rabbit." She said that last like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You can't hold him." The clockwork gears continued spin. She'd forgotten they were there again. Probably.

On 2/23/2021 at 6:16 PM, Heritage said:

Lulu smiled and shook her head. "You're right; we need to enjoy these moments when we get 'em" She offered Veronica the crook of her arm, amused by the juxtaposition their entrance would provide. "Shall we?"

Normally she would extend her mental presence outwards to Adam, to let her him know of her arrival; it was a bit like a gentle touch on the shoulder to say 'hey'. But tonight was a surprise, and she wanted to see the look on her boyfriend's face when she strode into the room, dressed to the nines.

Veronica Danger

Veronica wrapped one arm around the one offered by Lulu as the two made their way toward the main gym. As the two made their way through the door and into the party Lulu's dress and Veronica's racing jumpsuit certainly did offer a stark contrast.

The teenage Danger smile slightly at the interior of the gym and all the decorations Danica had set up. She was also glad to see there had been such a good turnout, as she had seen how much work Danica had put into the event.

"Ah, there is Adam over there." Veronica stated to Lulu, pointing across the crowded gym to where the towering form of Adam was standing.

2 hours ago, EternalPhoenix said:

Chronia

Helped up by Elena, the very first thing Kendra did was take the plate of cookies from Benny and immediately shove a whole one into her mouth. "Tanks, Beny." She was barely understandable through a suddenly very full mouth. She swallowed...and it got stuck. She thumped her own chest trying to get it to move. This did not work. Two flashes of blue light later, she had a cup of punch she swiftly chugged down. "Whew. I thought I was gonna die." It was then she realized Elena had actually asked a question. "Eh? Chronomancy." At the usual blank stare she added "Magic." She manifested the ghostly blue clockwork gears around her wrists, and grinned. She spoke as they gently turned. "Time magic." She laughed, forever cheerful. "Stop time, go faster, make other people go slower." She balanced her plate on her cup and pulled the mininturized Chronoscythe from inside her dress's top. Not cleavage, she didn't have enough of that to store anything. In another flash of blue light it was full size. "See, I made this." She pantomimed swinging it but did not actually do so. "Choppy choppy." She giggled at a private joke. And the she shrunk it again and put it back. "But party, so don't need it." She shook her stuffed rabbit, securely tied at her waist. "This is Mr. Pibbles. He is not magic. He is a rabbit." She said that last like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You can't hold him." The clockwork gears continued spin. She'd forgotten they were there again. Probably.

Elena was absolutely floored by this display. "WOW! That's amazing!" she said, louder than was appropriate to people standing next to her.  "I mean, wow, that's amazing. How did you - oh. Haven't seen anything quite like that! "This is probably normal to Claremont students. Take a deep breath.

She flushed visibly, suddenly embarrassed at the volume of her voice. El took a moment to compose herself. "That was...most interesting. A Chronoscythe, you said?" Seems everyone has a special weapon here! "Astrid and I were discussing our weapons of choice. Mine is a hammer. Hopefully the more scientifically-minded students here can help me understand it - and my armor. I fixed them up to the best of my ability but there is only so far the knowledge of my clan goes."

Elena reached out to pet Mr. Pibbles, but retracted her hand when Kendra said she couldn't hold him. Aw.

Eira made a noise in the back of her throat as she considered Ryder's words. Torn between watching a full-on holographic recreation of the fight and watching Pan sing, Eira was obviously deeply divided, for a moment or two at a rare loss for words. Finally she said "I hope the recording is of sufficient sensory fidelity," with great firmness, before turning back to watch the show. "He is remarkable." 

For her part, Judy decided to head over and spot a friend. "Hi Callie!" she said, approaching Madame Raven from the front so as not to startle her. "Happy Valentine's Day!" she added cheerfully. "Are you having a good time?" She knew Callie had picked isolation for a reason, but in her experience all people needed was a little encouragement to really join the party. 

Madame Raven

Caught a little off guard Callie replied without considering a mouthful of cookie, after a stream of incomprehensible cookie mumbles she raised her hand as she carefully chewed and swallowed the delicious embarrassment confectionery. At least she wasn’t bother about looking cool to the other teen.

Well I’m enjoying these delicious cookies at the very least!” she added weakly at Judy And I’m not not enjoying the day, though I feel more like the martyr than the cherub.”

She shrugged and took a, littler this time, bite of the cookie.

It’s kind of complicated to explain, I don’t want to impose on your time.”

Forever Boy

"You gotta kiss the gi-iii-iiiirl!" Pan finished off his song, the giant pink heart around Muirne and Luke disappearing as the Forever Boy took a grinning bow, microphone held out to one side.

"This is it, then! Who will sing next?

His eyes scanned the crowd, holding the microphone out. He could make a choice, of course, but maybe there was someone would step up first!

Her timing couldn't have been better: wearing a shimmering dress and looking like a vision, redheaded Lulu approached Adam just as Pan was finishing his rendition of a very appropriate Disney classic. 

"Hey there, hon!"

She smiled, and it was both silly and utterly sincere; after a long day of grueling work, she finally got to see her guy. She did a little twirl and curtsy to go with the overall princess theme.

"Miss me?"

Edited by Heritage

Adam laughed with joy and snatched Lulu up into his arms. He tossed her gently into the air and caught her effortlessly. He kissed her (trusting that she'd be wearing smudge proof lipstick) and hugged her tight.

"Yes I missed you. I didn't think you were coming." He only reluctantly put her back down after a few moments. One advantage of his strength was that carrying Lulu around was hardly any effort at all.

When he finally set her gently on her feet, he smiled. "You look gorgeous." 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:29 PM, Lone_Star said:

Elena visibly shrugged her shoulders in a sigh of relief. Glad that she did not take offense to what I said. There is still so much to learn about what is and is not appropriate to say on this world...

She nodded, understanding part of what she said. So a 'thrift store' - somewhere where clothes can be practically scavenged? No, more like that they are clothes people have left behind. Interesting. "I do not know what weed it would smell of, but it sounds unpleasant." 

She perked up when Astrid started talking about her weapon. Good! Some commonalities. "I am also super strong and tough! I was born with my powers, what you would call a mutation? I'm not as super-strong as some, but it's helpful in a hand-to-hand fight. I should very much like to see your weapon...Porrkl - sorry, how do you pronounce that? I do not know what 'glammed-out' means, but it sounds most formidable."

When she complimented her, El grinned from ear to ear. "Thank you. You look to be a mighty warrior as well. I would be honored to fight by your side one day. I can fight hand-to-hand well, but I use a hammer scavenged from the wastelands - a piece of long-lost technology. Fixed it myself, to a certain extent. It seems to be able to alter gravity in the area around it, and I use it to smash things. It does not have a name, but my chariot does - it came through the portal with me. When Painkiller is fixed, I must show you what it can do!" 

As Astrid she had to suppress her desire to smirk at Elena’s weed comment. So totally was from another world and a nasty one at that if her calling her home the ‘wastelands’ was any clue. The demigoddess she was sympathetic. Moving from Norway to America was a major transition for her, one that she still hadn’t completely figured out if she was being entirely honest. The same was true about Asgard, which was a whole another ballpark when it came to culture shock and adjustment. Even so, Astrid guessed that moving from a place called the wastelands to this world would be even more trying.

She did not mention that all though, figuring that it would only make things awkward. Better to just answer some easy questions. Right?  “Thor-club-ba. That’s how you pronounce, though I won’t knock you for getting it the first time. It’s Old Norse, which is a Hel of a language to learn, believe you me. As for glammed-out, well, you basically got the gist of that one.”

Astrid wasn’t that much of a car nerd, but she did enjoy going fast on just about anything, be it motorcycle, speedboat, or even winged horse. Taking a turn on a chariot was no different and honestly sounded right up her alley. She said as much to Elena. “Oh yeah definitely! I would totally be down to make a trip on your ride if your offering,” she said honestly, her interest in the experience clear on her face. “As for fighting, well, you came to the right place! Students at Claremont almost always get involved in some fighting. It’s actually kind of messed up if you think about it, but it definitely give you such extra experience when it comes to scraping with bad guys.”

Astrid made a self-deprecating chuckle, not quite sure if she actually found the violent phenomena funny or not. Or maybe she was just guilty that she did? Not exactly wanting to stay in that head space she quickly moved on to something else to talk about. “Maybe we can spar one of these days as well, ja? Hadn’t had a training partner in a while and would love to see this hammer of yours.”

Benny had shifted his bulk to a wall and leaned against it, reading a little slim book he had pulled out of a pocket of his tuxedo, stuff for CPR certification. A frown was on his face as he thumbed through the pages.

Eventually though, the noise was such it was hard to focus and he heard the magical words that summoned him, and he shuffled over to Astrid and El, closing the book and holding in his hands. "Youse gals talkin' 'bout fightin'?"

It was this or let the inveterate bon vivant dilettante of Pan convince him to sing, which invariably meant Bobby Darin. An' the kids didn't look to hip to it, even as "Mack the Knife" was meandering through his head.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:09 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

The kiss seemed to last forever as Muirne focused purely upon it, despite only taking moments. She looked up at Luke, smiling giddily before jumping in shock as the enormous heart burst around them. She sent a heatless glare towards the grinning Pan, before laughing herself, her blush matching Luke's.

She let out a quiet chuckle at his comment, her face reddening further before she lightly smacked her hand against his chest, whispering, "Þú biaþ angrislic!1" sounding mildly scandalized before her grin returned. "But I suppose you're right about that."

1You are terrible!

Truth was, despite the 'slight' embarrassment caused by Pan's display, there was very little that could ruin this moment for the young man. 

His smile, in fact, had grown even wider when Muirne whispered. "Ohh... Come here you."  He grinned.  A kiss soon followed, then another and another... He definitely didn't feel like stopping anytime soon. 

When their lips finally parted ways (after a 'few' more times joining for good measure). The young man just held Muirne in his arms. Lazily following the rhythm of the music, although he was way more focused in just living the moment. "You know? You  made me into the happiest boy in the world tonight." He told her softly, sometime later. It was a bit cheesy perhaps, but then again... "The happiest dragon too." He chuckled, leaning in one more time for a quick kiss.

Then he noticed Pan, looking for a new victi- ehem volunteer to take the microphone. Now himself, he would not force his worst enemy to hear him singing...

On 2/24/2021 at 10:51 PM, Lone_Star said:

Elena was absolutely floored by this display. "WOW! That's amazing!" she said, louder than was appropriate to people standing next to her.  "I mean, wow, that's amazing. How did you - oh. Haven't seen anything quite like that! "This is probably normal to Claremont students. Take a deep breath.

She flushed visibly, suddenly embarrassed at the volume of her voice. El took a moment to compose herself. "That was...most interesting. A Chronoscythe, you said?" Seems everyone has a special weapon here! "Astrid and I were discussing our weapons of choice. Mine is a hammer. Hopefully the more scientifically-minded students here can help me understand it - and my armor. I fixed them up to the best of my ability but there is only so far the knowledge of my clan goes."

Elena reached out to pet Mr. Pibbles, but retracted her hand when Kendra said she couldn't hold him. Aw.

"Eh?" Kendra's mouth was once again full of cookie. "S'a boook." She scrunched up her face in thought, and swallowed. "Nope, don't remember where it is now." She grinned and laughed. "Found it, fell into..." She was visibly thinking again. Then her face twisted in annoyance and she stuck her tongue out. "Who cares about what happened so long ago anyway?" Because obviously, she'd forgotten the details of her own origin story. In fairness it was longer ago than one might expect for a someone of her apparent age and maturity level. She grinned and laughed again. "Big hammers look out of place on a farm in any century. Scythes and sickles don't." And there was a short glimpse of the intelligent mind behind her goofy nature. Then she happily stuffed another cookie in her mouth, and the spell was broken.

Kendra swallowed and had to get more punch to get it to go down. But this gave her time to think. She didn't have the plate anymore. With the ease of long practice, she untied Mr. Pibbles from her waist and held him up. He was just an ordinary stuffed rabbit. "You can touch. No holding. Just touch." She was giving Elena her full attention as she waited, which was different from before. She was competely focused on this little segment of their interaction.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, Cubismo said:

She did not mention that all though, figuring that it would only make things awkward. Better to just answer some easy questions. Right?  “Thor-club-ba. That’s how you pronounce, though I won’t knock you for getting it the first time. It’s Old Norse, which is a Hel of a language to learn, believe you me. As for glammed-out, well, you basically got the gist of that one.”

Astrid wasn’t that much of a car nerd, but she did enjoy going fast on just about anything, be it motorcycle, speedboat, or even winged horse. Taking a turn on a chariot was no different and honestly sounded right up her alley. She said as much to Elena. “Oh yeah definitely! I would totally be down to make a trip on your ride if your offering,” she said honestly, her interest in the experience clear on her face. “As for fighting, well, you came to the right place! Students at Claremont almost always get involved in some fighting. It’s actually kind of messed up if you think about it, but it definitely give you such extra experience when it comes to scraping with bad guys.”

Astrid made a self-deprecating chuckle, not quite sure if she actually found the violent phenomena funny or not. Or maybe she was just guilty that she did? Not exactly wanting to stay in that head space she quickly moved on to something else to talk about. “Maybe we can spar one of these days as well, ja? Hadn’t had a training partner in a while and would love to see this hammer of yours.”

"Thor-club-ba. Got it. Yes, I believe I understand 'glammed-out'!" she said with a laugh. Now this is someone who speaks my language! El nodded as Astrid expressed interest in her chariot. Yes, now that would be a lot of fun. Don't think they have as many mean machines on this world as mine!

"That does seem to make sense. From what I've learned about the heroes of the old world, experience in battle would be most valuable. I don't see it as 'messed up', but more a necessity for the world you live in. There are those who would harm the city with their abilities, and your responsibility as heroes to have the skills to take them down." I think this will be a good school for me. I will train among the heroes of this time. "But yes! I would greatly enjoy sparring, that sounds most agreeable. Let us plan this."

On 2/26/2021 at 7:29 PM, TheAbsurdist said:

Benny had shifted his bulk to a wall and leaned against it, reading a little slim book he had pulled out of a pocket of his tuxedo, stuff for CPR certification. A frown was on his face as he thumbed through the pages.

Eventually though, the noise was such it was hard to focus and he heard the magical words that summoned him, and he shuffled over to Astrid and El, closing the book and holding in his hands. "Youse gals talkin' 'bout fightin'?"

It was this or let the inveterate bon vivant dilettante of Pan convince him to sing, which invariably meant Bobby Darin. An' the kids didn't look to hip to it, even as "Mack the Knife" was meandering through his head.

"Yes! We are." El smiled widely, unabashedly as she turned to Benny. "We were just discussing sparring at some time in the future. Perhaps it can be a 'tag-team match'?" she said, quoting the inside of a magazine she read. Perhaps that was the 'term? "That being said, if either of you were to take me on, be forewarned: I am most formidable," she said with a half-smile.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, EternalPhoenix said:

"Eh?" Kendra's mouth was once again full of cookie. "S'a boook." She scrunched up her face in thought, and swallowed. "Nope, don't remember where it is now." She grinned and laughed. "Found it, fell into..." She was visibly thinking again. Then her face twisted in annoyance and she stuck her tongue out. "Who cares about what happened so long ago anyway?" Because obviously, she'd forgotten the details of her own origin story. In fairness it was longer ago than one might expect for a someone of her apparent age and maturity level. She grinned and laughed again. "Big hammers look out of place on a farm in any century. Scythes and sickles don't." And there was a short glimpse of the intelligent mind behind her goofy nature. Then she happily stuffed another cookie in her mouth, and the spell was broken.

Kendra swallowed and had to get more punch to get it to go down. But this gave her time to think. She didn't have the plate anymore. With the ease of long practice, she untied Mr. Pibbles from her waist and held him up. He was just an ordinary stuffed rabbit. "You can touch. No holding. Just touch." She was giving Elena her full attention as she waited, which was different from before. She was competely focused on this little segment of their interaction.

El was a bit perplexed by Kendra, but nodded as she listened to her. "Suppose that is true! Harder to harvest crops with a hammer. But...there was a phrase I used to know. Oh! Yes. 'If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail'. Does that make sense? In my life, most problems look like nails," she said, with a halfhearted chuckle.

El paused as Kendra untied Mr. Pibbles and held him out to her. This is most unusual, but who am I to judge? She smiled politely and delicately pet her rabbit along his back. "Of course. He is your rabbit, after all. Thank you, Kendra. He is very soft!"

She smiled at her new friends, even as her legs wobbled and her face felt warm. I think that may be enough for now. Better go find Danica. But that was a good start. She addressed the three of them: "It was so nice meeting you all. I hope to see you all and we will 'hang out' very soon." She gave the three of them her room number if they ever wanted to drop by. Perhaps they'll bring candy. "But if you'll excuse me?"

Edited by Lone_Star

Danica was holding court next to the food table, saying hello to everybody who approached, encouraging folks to try the cookies and generally reveling in the success of the party. It was awesome to see so many people having fun, and the singing was super-cool! Magenta seemed to be having fun too, though it was a little bit hard to tell the facial expressions and body language of a robot praying mantis. At any rate, Magenta had not attempted to make a break for it or take a dive into the punch bowl, and Danica counted that a good sign. 

Even as she socialized, she kept half an eye on Elena, just to make sure the other student was doing all right after her bad moment earlier. She seemed to be doing okay, but Danica noticed right away when she broke off from her conversation and started Danica's way. "You are amazing," she told Magenta, "but I have to give you back to Ryder now for a minute, okay?" Very carefully, she scooped up the bug and passed her back to her creator, then turned to Elena with a head-nodding expression to suggest speaking out in the hallway. 

Forever Boy

"Muirne!" Pan happily exclaimed, rushing to her in a burst of golden dust, before he quickly tossed her the microphone. The pink heart around Muirne and Luke slowly faded. "Have fun!"

Then he was gone, nothing but a laugh left behind, reaching Eira, quickly pecking her on the cheek. "So? Everything you expected and more?"

Benny nodded his head on that thick neck as he looked at Elena, and the others, "Oh, I mean I ain't bragging, just learned to box, y'know." That smile on his face was big, broad, and friendly. He slipped the little pamphlet into the pocket of the tux. as he didn't really jump in to what they were saying. "But yeah, I'm happy ta spar, or whatever with youse guys. Just lemme know, I'm usually in the gym by like 4 AM, if I can help it." A sage nod, as he moved away from them, lifting a hand to kind of wave a good bye. 

Muirne smiled as she shared several kisses with Luke, ducking her head as Luke talked. "I'm glad you were here tonight. "Ic brýdlufe þú Luke.1" She also turned to look as Pan wrapped up his song and the heart vanished.

She caught the microphone with a minimum of fumbling, grinning as she pulled back slightly from Luke to sing. The song was slower than Pan's but she liked it and it was fitting for the party.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas

With ne'er a fear of drowning

And gladly ride the waves of life

If you would marry me~

No scorching sun or freezing cold

Will stop me on my journey

If you will promise me your heart

And love me for eternity"

1 I love you Luke

Judy watched Danica go, tensing briefly before she nodded, seeming to understand what was happening. "It's okay if you don't want to talk to anyone," she told Callie gently. "Ah think you might have fun if you did, though." She smiled. "This is where you're living now, and these people can be good friends to you. Would it helped if Ah made some introductions?" 

Eira hugged Pan and said "You were great. Next time, I shall provide you a guitar, and you can truly rock." She made introductions for Pan to anyone she had met that he hadn't, though usually it was the opposite that was true. She slipped her arms around him, and encouraged him to dance. 

Even with the hostess out for a few minutes the party continued just fine, with music and food and plenty of conversation! Things were just starting to hit a lull when Danica came back in, followed by Elena, who was carrying a very large square container with a handle on top. The whole thing was covered by a plaid flannel blanket. They made their way past the snack tables and down to the far side of the gym, where a little section had been fenced off by a big plastic play yard fence. It was far enough away from the action that nobody had paid it much attention so far. 

A quick whisper to Judy got Danica the microphone, which she tapped once before speaking. "Hey everybody!" she called. "I hope everybody is having a super-good time tonight! You are all some of my favorite people in the world, and it's great to celebrate Valentine's Day with you! Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, because it celebrates all kinds of love! There's romantic love, totally awesome, and friend love, radical! And there's my favorite kind, perfect, unconditional love! So I want you guys to meet some other awesome friends of mine, who are here by way of the Freedom City Humane Society!" With a flourish, she pulled back the blanket on the box Elena had set down, and opened a door to release six excited puppies into the fenced area! 

"These guys love people," Danica explained, "and they love being petted! I've got some toys and treats here too! They have to stay inside the fence, and just be gentle and calm with them. Puppy love is the best love!" To demonstrate, she set down the microphone and lifted one of the pups. It barked and licked her face. "See?" 

Elena could barely contain her excitement as Danica led her outside to retrieve a mysterious container with a blanket over it. Hmm...there are sounds of movement from inside, so it is most likely not candy. But she seemed to indicate this is something everyone would be very pleased with...hmm.

As Danica spoke into the microphone, El smiled to herself. So that's what Valentine's Day is about. Love. What a beautiful thing that is...there are so many good things in this world. So many good people too, many of which are at this party.

El was completely surprised when Danica opened the box, and six furry creatures jumped out. It took her a moment to register the word in her mind: puppies! Only in old issues of Modern Dog had she seen these strange and delightful creatures.

Immediately, her instincts took over: "Oh my god, they're so cute!!"

Edited by Lone_Star

"Ohmahgosh it's puppies!" declared Judy excitedly. She took Micah's hand and pulled him right over to the enclosure, because who could possibly think there was anything wrong with puppies. She neatly stepped out of her shoes, giving him a quick glimpse of hose-clad leg, before she stepped inside with the dogs.

"Oh Ah love you!" she declared, bending down and scooping up a black-furred pup who immediately began vigorously licking her face. "Ah always wanted more dogs," she told Micah, figuring that he didn't need a detailed walkthrough of the history of Presidential pets. The elderly bloodhound that her father had bought when she was a baby had his own wikipedia page for Heaven's sake. "Oh he's giving me kisses!" 

At the sight of the dogs, Pan saw Eira give a single look of longing before she smirked and smiled at him. "You should go pet the dogs," she said, "I will take pictures for my Instagram."