How a Young Heart Really Feels

Electra

With the knot around the food table breaking up and Elena safely catching her breath, Danica figured things were going pretty well so far! Ryder's shout caught her attention, making her follow his gaze to the drinks table. "Oh my god, look at it!" she squeaked. "It's a bug robot, and it's pink for Valentines Day!" The tortoise girl couldn't exactly move fast, but she was basically an unstoppable force in a crowd and was able to make her way to the table for a better look. "Oh, you're so pretty!" she cooed. "Are you trying to get a drink? Can you drink drinks?"

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muirne smiled slightly at the interaction between Micah and Judy. It was sweet to see them compliment each other even if they were a bit awkward. She gave Eira a small wave as she arrived, having missed her previous outfit. "You look great Eira! It's been a bit since we saw each other, how have you been?" She let herself fade back from the interactions for a little bit not wanting to be at the centre of attention when Luke sauntered up dressed in his odd getup. It took a lot of effort not to laugh as she took in the tie as a headband. "Eálá mín godscipe! Hwá sy hé weriende1?" She did chuckle as he burst into the conversation with his exclamation about the fight with the Omegadrones and started greeting everyone. His own faux pas was swept under the rug as she blushed at the complement. "Thanks Luke, you look... dashing." She grinned slightly as people claimed the free hugs his shirt advertised.

She laughed as he joked about being unable to tie ties. "Here, I learned how to tie one." She had to reach up to grab it off his head, before tying it around his neck after a few false starts. "There, hope that's not too tight! Maybe I can show you how at some point. You look nice with a bit of cleaning up, even if the tie is a bit odd with the rest of the outfit." She smiled up at him for a moment before muttering "Gewif árra sé beale.2" and hugging the dragon boy. Louder and in English she said. "Might as well take one while they're free, no?"

After her brief hug with Luke she went back to listening into the conversation. It took some effort to not go after Elena as she excused herself. She knew what it was like to be in an unfamiliar world with no one you knew, and resolved to take her up on the offer of lunch at some point. Shifting away from the girl with the group she smiled as the others talked, although her curiosity was piqued at the conversation with Luke about someone called Casanova. She hadn't heard of him, but assumed he was sufficiently awful for Eira to want to hear about him crying. As such she wasn't ready for the outburst surrounding the small pink robot, jumping in fright. It took a moment to keep the shadows inside from swarming out from her. Realizing the source of the commotion and seeing Danica's own reaction to the robot she giggled, turning to the others.

"Not sure if I'll ever get used to the happenings around the school. Keeps you on your toes at least, no?"

1 Oh my goodness! What is he wearing?

2 Fortune favours the bold.

Edited by Kaede Kimura

Elena gulped down her third glass of punch in rapid succession. Okay, you're alright. You've fought Omegadrones. You've risked your life a hundred times over. Why can't you deal with a school party? She wiped her eyes angrily with a napkin, and scanned the room. At least there are people you know here. Let's see if they'll let me take shelter with them.

She walked back over to where Danica and Muirne were watching Ryder's invention, and El saw the bug robot. She immediately smiled and laughed aloud. What a strange place is this, but so much to see. So many small wonders! "That's a fascinating invention," she said to Ryder. "Do you make machines like this often?" El waved to the little robot. I'd better introduce myself. "I'm Outrider, but you can call me Elena. Or El."

Magenta preened under the attention and raised the plastic cup triumphantly as Danica asked if she was trying to get a drink only to lower it uncertainty when asked if she could actually drink. “She didn’t think that far ahead,” Ryder supplied with shake of his head and a smile that said he was used to indulging this sort of behaviour.

The Robug made a rapid series of clicking noises at him and he raised his hands in defence.  “I was getting there! This is Magenta, I’m Ryder! Hey, that is a wicked shell! I’m more of an exoskeleton kinda guy but keratin, chitin, it’s all good.”  He laughed easily, deepening his dimples.

Magenta looked all the way up at Elena, paused for a moment then set the plastic cup onto the table upside down and scuttled up on top of it to use as a little podium, as though that significantly reduced the size difference. She certainly seemed pleased with her ingenuity as she extended a curved forelimb to El to shake.

"That is so cute..." Danica breathed, studying the robot. She looked like she wanted to pet it or hug it, but was afraid she'd probably crush the little thing. Instead of touching it at all, she turned and gave Ryder a smile. "Hey, I'm Danica! I know I've seen you around this year, but I don't think we have any classes together. Your outfit is so cool! Did you build that robot? Is her name really Magenta? Did you watch Blues Clues when you were little?" She paused then, as though trying to calculate time. "I mean, that was probably on then, right? Magenta was my favorite character."

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Magenta looked all the way up at Elena, paused for a moment then set the plastic cup onto the table upside down and scuttled up on top of it to use as a little podium, as though that significantly reduced the size difference. She certainly seemed pleased with her ingenuity as she extended a curved forelimb to El to shake.

Elena was absolutely delighted by the tiny robot, and could barely suppress her joy. Cute!!

She leaned in closer, and extended her hand towards it. Her hugely muscled arms looked as though they would crush Magenta like, well, a bug, but she brought her index and forefinger and carefully shook its hand with surprising delicacy. "Well, nice to meet you too!"

Okay, finally calmed down a bit. Wonder what that was about - perhaps some symptom of dimensional travel? I'll have to speak to the physician about this. I'll still have to figure out what "Valentine's" is, exactly, but there is time to figure that out. Whatever it is, it's something to do with pink...and hearts. And cookies.

She smiled and nodded her head to the beat of the music. These were good people. I like Valentine's Day.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:10 PM, Electra said:

"I'll take a free hug," Danica told Luke, possibly crushing some of his attempt at coolness by giving him an enthusiastic hug. Danica's hugs were heartfelt but slightly uncomfortable, given the hardness of her shell plate

Of course, I'm taking the sacred duty of giving Free Hugs very seriously you know?” Luke smiled, it was kinda awkward perhaps, to hold the turtle heroine tight, but he still gave her one of his trademarked bear hugs (moderating his strength in order not to hurt her obviously), lifting her slightly from the ground as he did. “There you go. One big hug for the kickass party organizer and awesome greasy burger expert.” He chuckled, once he laid her back on the floor.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:52 PM, EternalPhoenix said:

She sipped punch quietly and munched cookies until Luke walked in with his Free Hugs shirt. She tried to join Danica in giving him a squeeze, but was 1) too slow and 2) tripped over her shoes and ended up half tackling him instead. “Hi Luke, don’t mind if I do!” She laughed at herself as usual.

The shirt is working a bit too well. He thought when Kendra almost tackled him, throwing a glance toward Muirne. Still, he did his best to smile and lend the young time traveler stand up again allowing her to lean against him for support. “Always a pleasure.” He replied, laughing playfully with her… “Happy that you could find some time for the party." He grinned. "By the way, Kendra, if you haven’t spoken with her already, there is someone here that needs your help.” He continued, trying to look for Elena. He could swear she was there a moment ago though. “Elena... I can introduce you two if you like."

Well he could have done that at least, if only all of his attention hadn't been absorbed by a certain red headed girl. She is so cute when she blushes... 

20 hours ago, Kaede Kimura said:

Thanks Luke, you look... dashing." She grinned slightly as people claimed the free hugs his shirt advertised.

She laughed as he joked about being unable to tie ties. "Here, I learned how to tie one." She had to reach up to grab it off his head, before tying it around his neck after a few false starts. "There, hope that's not too tight! Maybe I can show you how at some point. You look nice with a bit of cleaning up, even if the tie is a bit odd with the rest of the outfit." She smiled up at him for a moment before muttering "Gewif árra sé beale.2" and hugging the dragon boy.

"I know." I always wanted to say that. Perhaps  though, the reply came after a bit too much hesitation to actually make it sound as cool as he wanted to, but he still gave her a playfully cocky smirk.

"Thank you." He replied softly this time, as she fastened the tie around his neck, he certainly didn't mind Muirne taking her time for it, he could feel his young heart racing way faster than normal. In fact, it skipped a beat or two as he held her playfully in his arms.

20 hours ago, Kaede Kimura said:

"Might as well take one while they're free, no?

"This is definitely not just a one time offer, you know?" He smiled, fondly, his eyes lost in her bright green pools. He was about to add something else (of the kind that pretty much required a boy his age to gather a lot of his courage), but the commotion caused by the appearance of the small robot stole his thunder, for now at least. 

On 2/13/2021 at 7:46 PM, RocketLord said:

Then he was back by Eira's side, quickly looking Luke up and down, his lips breaking out into that just slightly too wide smile. "Oh, you are the dragon boy, are you not? I heard you ran into some trouble with Casanova's little gang a while back. Tell me, was it as fun to put him in his place as I imagine?"

He shook his head, throwing a glare at the small metallic bug when no one was looking, but then was brought back to reality by Pan's words. "Fun? It was great. Like super satisfying. In the end we had him tied up like a chicken on a tree... You should have seen the scene." He chuckled. "He deserved it. Trust me. New Young Freedom my ass. They weren't catching real criminals, he was making them. With his mind tricks." It still made him want to punch Sebastian's face and with good reason. 

Whatever though, that night he definitely was not in a punching mood. "That said, dunno about you, but I definitely don't want to spend Valentine night thinking about Seb and his gang." He added, playfully, his attention shifting back to a certain someone. 

"Hey. Do you want... Want to dance a bit?" He asked Miurne, a smile on his lips and the best confidence he could muster in his eyes.

Edited by Nerdzul

Astrid kind of wanted to give herself a pat on the back for pegging Ryder as a science guy. Even without the Eira connection, the dude seemed like someone who got his kicks in a lab and did so in a way that was probably pretty cool to witness. Not for the first time Astrid internally asked the gods why more of the science teachers at Claremont couldn’t be as interesting or engaging as their pupils.

She was actually on the verge of telling him just that when that errant thought got totally sidelined by a random robo-bug that seemed to suddenly pop into view on the snack table.  Just like with Danica and the other girl that had made her way to the snack table, Astrid couldn’t help but want squee a little as she saw the bug do its little antics. Of course, even with that being the case, that didn’t mean she was going to abandon what few manners she had.

Rising her eyes away from the pink critter, Astrid gave her hellos to the newcomers. “Hey Danica. How you doing? Enjoying the rad party you threw?” The demigoddess gave the turtle girl an earnest smile before she turned her attention to one of few girls in Claremont who were taller than her.

“Sup! You’re new here, ja? Can’t believe I would have missed you around here. Ain’t that often that I gotta look up to another girl at Claremont. Kind of refreshing really,” Astrid admitted honestly, chuckling at bit as she did. "Anyways, the name’s Astrid. What’s yours?”

On 2/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, Avenger Assembled said:

Nearby, Judy smiled shyly at Micah. "Well howdy there, cowboy. You look like you're ready to rope a steer." She reached up and adjusted his tie without thinking about it, though really he looked perfectly fine. "It's real nice, Micah," she told him from close range. "You did great. And Ah figured Ah don't have a lot of these parties left...so Ah might as well look mah best." She stepped back just a little and said, "Look at everything Danica did! This place is amazing!" She reached down and put her hand by his while they talked. "This is Elena, she just came here from far away." She beamed at the boy with the sparkly shirt, adding, "Hello! Ah'm Judy Cahill. Don't you look amazing?" 

Micah blushed as Judy complimented him and tweaked the tie. 

"Thanks. I just...I figured I oughta have a little fun with it, yeah? I wanted to try and look decent....well, next to you."

He glanced around at the growing crowd around them, blinking a bit. He did see Danica, and gave his shell-wearing friend a smile and a tip of his hat.

"You knocked it out of the park, Danica."

On 2/13/2021 at 8:40 AM, Nerdzul said:

"Don't tell me, man... I could never figure those out." Luke chuckled. pointing at his tie, turned makeshift headband.

"Hey maybe someone can help me out, though." There was an 'innocent' smile on his lips when his attention switched back to Muirne...

Micah shrugged.

"My dad taught me, when I was younger. This seemed like the time to do it."

His voice was nostalgic, but had a few hints of sadness. Judy and some of the others would know why, but Micah's home life was not something he shared with most.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:19 PM, Avenger Assembled said:

Judy blinked a few times, making sure to give Elena some space when she sensed the other girl's unease. She wanted to say that she knew exactly what it was like to find yourself in a strange place surrounded by these young preternatural beings, but of course she couldn't know exactly what was happening in her head. When Danica mentioned music, Judy snapped her fingers and said, "That's it! Come on, Micah, Ah made sure there's a guitar over there and everything..." Actually holding the cowboy's hand, she led him over to where Danica's no-fooling iPod was before finding the guitar in question. 

Standing close to him, keeping the dance floor between them and everyone else, Judy put a warm hand on his arm before she said, "Since this may be our last chance to do this...Ah thought you could play, and Ah, uh, well, Ah could sing? Ah made sure the songs Ah want are on here if you don't know them..." 

Micah was more than happy to be led along by Judy. Probably helped she was holding his hand. It took him a second to seemingly "tune in" to Judy doing anything more than holding his hand and arm. When he did, he gave her a soft smile.

"It would be my honor and pleasure to play for you, Miss Cahill. Just give me a moment to make sure this thing is tuned up."

Micah picked up the guitar and fiddled with it a bit. As he did so, he nodded toward the iPod.

"Do we have an earphone for that or something, just to help me out? I can play most stuff by ear if it's not too crazy."

Edited by KnightDisciple

"Yes, yes. That does sound rather satisfying," Pan mused for a moment, looking at some point behind Luke, further away from the table, where he could see Casanova and Stinger walking around, glaring towards Luke every now and again. Even if the fight he had heard of had been a while ago, Casanova was wearing a bandage over his rather obviously broken nose.

With one arm around Eira, he looked between Luke and Muirne, and smiled that just too wide smile, looking at Eira.

"We should dance if Judy and Micah sings, yes?"

Muirne smiled as Elena and Danica fawned over the small pink robot. It was certainly cute, and it was nice to see Elena be so comfortable after her previous distress. Her attention was quickly drawn back to Luke as she thought about him saying that the 'free hugs' were not a one time thing. She ducked her head to hide her rising blush as she thought about it, missing most of the conversation about the small robot. She did chime in to listen about the person Eira wanted to cry and Pan thought would be fun to 'put in his place'. It didn't take much for her to know that 'mind tricks' was a euphemism for mind control, which made her grimace as she thought of how Dougal had operated. She was perfectly able to understand why Eira had wanted him to cry in that case.

She wouldn't have minded seeing Dougal cry either.

Putting it out of her mind she instead focused on Luke turning to her and asking if she wanted to dance, a question that set her blushing again. "Eaw forþearlíce1." She said as evenly as she could. Dancing she could do, she'd danced plenty of times in her village, although she knew there were... Differences between the dances she knew and what she had seen in this modern day. Regardless, she was sure she could pick it up well enough, and extended her hand to him with a smile. "I would love to, Luke." Her smile took a slightly devious as she followed it up quietly saying "Ic hop þéos sy ne eallriht sum ænlic tóweardness bédan eac2."

1 Oh absolutely

2 I hope this is not just a one time offer too

Edited by Kaede Kimura

Benny watched everyone settle in, and he moved over to the drinks table getting himself a cup and sipping at it as he moved to settle against a wall. He was here because the Padre thought it was wise for him to show up to these sorts of things, and he didn't have it in him to argue. He'd rather be taking apart an old tube radio, reading, or hitting the speed bag.

They were mostly nice and all, but he didn't fit in with them. He didn't really discuss his tragic backstory with them, not that he held it against them, or nuffin', it was just not a thing he discussed with them. Though he'd probably go get a burger from somewhere or patrol, maybe. He didn't get any extra leeway with... anything, compared to the rest of the school. He just was less flashy than someone with a swarm of robots, and his extracurricular activities were a lot more restrained.

22 hours ago, Cubismo said:

The demigoddess gave the turtle girl an earnest smile before she turned her attention to one of few girls in Claremont who were taller than her.

“Sup! You’re new here, ja? Can’t believe I would have missed you around here. Ain’t that often that I gotta look up to another girl at Claremont. Kind of refreshing really,” Astrid admitted honestly, chuckling at bit as she did. "Anyways, the name’s Astrid. What’s yours?”

"Hah, well. Thank you." It's nice to meet a girl of my...stature. "I'm Elena, but you can call me El. I've met a lot of new faces today. Is that unusual for parties?" Elena felt at ease with the new students she had met today. "I hope to start classes here in the fall. If it's not too strange, what abilities do you possess?"

As the two talked, she turned to see Benny hanging out against the wall near where they were standing. She looked at him for a moment, and saw he wasn't talking to anyone in particular. "Sorry, Astrid. Just a moment," she asked Astrid. Wait, there's something else I forgot... "Please?" There we go.

3 hours ago, TheAbsurdist said:

Benny watched everyone settle in, and he moved over to the drinks table getting himself a cup and sipping at it as he moved to settle against a wall. He was here because the Padre thought it was wise for him to show up to these sorts of things, and he didn't have it in him to argue. He'd rather be taking apart an old tube radio, reading, or hitting the speed bag.

El approached Benny, and sipped her punch as she thought of something to say. And somehow managed to say the worst thing possible: "So you're lonely? I noticed you were by yourself," she blurted out.

"You'll do great, Micah," said Judy reassuringly. "You can do Taylor Swift, right? Ah'm just gonna do Shake It Off, everybody likes that and it's good dance music." She smiled. Taylor Swift had been her little secret back home, but here, as with so many other things, she was allowed to be herself. She looked the beautiful boy in the eye, smiled, and raised her mike. "Hi everybody!" she said over the speakers. "Welcome to the party! Danica's got some great music keyed up for us, but right now Micah and I are going to try a little song!" She took a breath and began to sing - "I stay out too late!" Judy didn't quite dance but she did move cheerfully around the room, making full eye contact as she sang the song from memory. Judy actually was a very good singer, hitting the notes perfectly and seemingly not needing to pause or waver for breath. 

-

Eira nodded, a finger on her chin, and said "Yes!" It wasn't really a partner-dance song but she stuck close to Pan all the same as they moved out onto the little dance floor, recording his face as much as she watched everyone else. She and Pan were out first, even though the music was decidedly not her scene. "You are so jävla beautiful!" she whispered in his ear before stepping back just a little, inviting him to chase. 

With Elena's departure Magenta refocused on the other immediate source of attention and hopped off of her cup podium, coiled her legs beneath herself and hopped a surprising distance to land on the edge of Danica's shell just above her right arm. "Mag! You gotta ask permission first, come on," Ryder admonished with a frown and an apologetic look toward the tortoise-like girl. Magenta made a series of unconcerned clicking noises that did a decent job communicating that asking first was for other, less adorable robots, surely.

Sighing, Ryder shook his head. "Sorry, she and her siblings kinda do what they want sometimes. I did watch that show and I still carry around a notebook for writing down ideas and I honestly hadn't made the connection but maybe it did actually influence the naming conventions! Whoa, like, insight, right?" He swivelled back to Astrid with ease learned from helping multiple tables simultaneously at his family's restaurant. "Ha, seems like Elena wants to talk to everybody without taking to everybody, I can so relate to that. For real, though, what power do you have? Do they fit the heavy metal aesthetic? I'm getting strong vibes so I'm betting yes." He pointed to her shirt with one hand then crossed his arms at the wrists to simultaneously point to Danica with the other. "And did she say you organized all this, Danica? 'Cause this all looks great."

Danica's squeak of joy at being chosen by the robot was nearly too high-pitched to hear. "You are so cool!" she told the bugbot, even as she expanded her shell by a foot or two so she could get a better look without hurting her own neck. "Look how pretty you are, and so clever!" The little rush of compliments from people about the party had her smiling and ducking her head. "You guys are way too nice! I did the planning, but I had a lot of help from other people! Make sure you try the frosted snickerdoodles, my mom made them special for the party!" she added.

"Oh look, Judy's going to sing!" A loyal friend, Danica got quiet to listen, though she was in no way capable of clapping with the beat the way Judy was encouraging people to do.

5 hours ago, Lone_Star said:

"Hah, well. Thank you." It's nice to meet a girl of my...stature. "I'm Elena, but you can call me El. I've met a lot of new faces today. Is that unusual for parties?" Elena felt at ease with the new students she had met today. "I hope to start classes here in the fall. If it's not too strange, what abilities do you possess?"

As the two talked, she turned to see Benny hanging out against the wall near where they were standing. She looked at him for a moment, and saw he wasn't talking to anyone in particular. "Sorry, Astrid. Just a moment," she asked Astrid. Wait, there's something else I forgot... "Please?" There we go.

Astrid raised a curious eye-brow as Elena asked her first question. "Oh yeah, it's pretty normal to see a bunch of new people when you go these sort of things. I've been here for three years and just met Ryder over here," she told her while lobing a thumb Ryder's way. Elena seemed pretty new. As in new to this planet new. Astrid wondered whether she was an alien or perhaps from another dimension or something. Several years at Claremont made either possibility come across as not only quite possible but also totally normal.

When it came Elena's second question Astrid hesitated, if only for a second. She usually didn't go out of her way to explain her powers because they were, well, kind of out there even for Claremont. Still, Elena seemed pretty chill and Astrid figured it wouldn't hurt to tell her a little about her weird family issues. Or at least she would have if the tall girl hadn't taken a moment to chat with Benny... 

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

He swivelled back to Astrid with ease learned from helping multiple tables simultaneously at his family's restaurant. "Ha, seems like Elena wants to talk to everybody without taking to everybody, I can so relate to that. For real, though, what power do you have? Do they fit the heavy metal aesthetic? I'm getting strong vibes so I'm betting yes." He pointed to her shirt with one hand then crossed his arms at the wrists to simultaneously point to Danica with the other. "And did she say you organized all this, Danica? 'Cause this all looks great."

Only for Ryder to straight up ask the same question and then some. "Damn, am I that obvious," Astrid asked sarcastically, giving Ryder a sly grin as she did. "Yeah, heavy metal is my thing. Listening and playing. I'm mostly into viking metal but I kind have a soft spot for the riot grrrl stuff you Americans came up with. Both got this wild energy you know?" She told him nonchalantly before also admitting, "As for my powers. Well, my dad's a god. Thor to be specific. That's why I'm pretty strong and hardy. It's not that big of deal." She shrugged causally and hoped that she didn't sound to defensive about that last part.

Not really wanting to go any further on that issue she quickly turned back around on Ryder. "But what about you? Your smart enough to work with Eira and make cute little robot bugs. You got some juiced-up super armour under that kickass blazer or are you more a cool gadgets kind of super-genius?" 

6 hours ago, Avenger Assembled said:

Eira nodded, a finger on her chin, and said "Yes!" It wasn't really a partner-dance song but she stuck close to Pan all the same as they moved out onto the little dance floor, recording his face as much as she watched everyone else. She and Pan were out first, even though the music was decidedly not her scene. "You are so jävla beautiful!" she whispered in his ear before stepping back just a little, inviting him to chase. 

Pan moved with Eira, following close as she led him and he danced. Even with such a slow dance, his movements were fluid and graceful, as he made sure to put on a show. He was smiling, he was happy, giving chase as Eira stepped back, moving close behind her and wrapping his arms around her for a quick peck on the cheek, before he pulled away again, holding her hand and letting go after a second. 

On 2/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

Putting it out of her mind she instead focused on Luke turning to her and asking if she wanted to dance, a question that set her blushing again. "Eaw forþearlíce1." She said as evenly as she could. Dancing she could do, she'd danced plenty of times in her village, although she knew there were... Differences between the dances she knew and what she had seen in this modern day. Regardless, she was sure she could pick it up well enough, and extended her hand to him with a smile. "I would love to, Luke." Her smile took a slightly devious as she followed it up quietly saying "Ic hop þéos sy ne eallriht sum ænlic tóweardness bédan eac2."

'Eaw forþearlíce' Please mean yes. Now it was not like he was on edge while waiting for the actual response. Not at all. No way....

Yeah of course he was... In fact, adrenaline was much likely pumping stronger now than when actually fighting for his life against Omegadrones.

His smile widened considerably, when she replied shortly thereafter. Yeah.  "Yeah!" He grinned enthusiastically. He couldn't understand the words that followed though, he gave her a slightly puzzled look, although her mischievous smile was somewhat reassuring giving the situation. "One day I'm gonna have to ask you to teach me, you know?" He grinned.

On 2/15/2021 at 4:48 AM, KnightDisciple said:

"Do we have an earphone for that or something, just to help me out? I can play most stuff by ear if it's not too crazy."

"Come on you two." Luke chuckled, playfully teasing Judy and Micah "Don't make us beg you..."  

When the singing finally began, the young man gently took Muirne's hand into his. "Shall we?" He said, bowing his head, a playful smirk on his lips as the two headed toward the 'dance floor.'

Now Luke wasn't 'exactly' a dancer at heart. Euphemism of the century. But that was definitely not going to stop him, especially for a certain red-headed girl. At least the music was slow enough that he could still somewhat fake it... 

Madame Raven

The thing about being out of time, with a plan the eventually return, was that you had to be careful about what you did and didn’t do and Valentines days was one of those. In generally Callie was avoiding romantic engagement, despite many temptations over the last few months.

But she was bored and just needed a chance to get out for a little bit, she’d just lurk around at the back and watch everyone have fun. After all it seemed that Raven’s were built for brooding, so good to get some practice in now. So she put on the best dress she had on hand, a red cheongsam with embroidered black birds taking flight.

She then snuck into the place and was wandering the edges trying to take in everything, and everyone, that was going on right now. So much so she wasn’t looking where she was going, and was very literally heading for a potential fall...

Muirne chuckled at Luke's confused expression. "Maybe I will, but to be honest it wouldn't really be helpful for talking to anyone but me." She grinned back up at him. "Although I can't say I'd mind having someone to talk to."

Her smile softened as he took her hand. She hummed thoughtfully as he playfully questioned her, waiting a short moment before bobbing her head although her blush belied her delay. "We shall." She said softly. While Luke may not have been the finest dancer, Muirne had practiced many times, and danced at festivals and gatherings in her village and was able to guide him to some degree, although her style of dance was a tad... archaic. Still, regardless of feeling slightly out of place she beamed up at the dragon boy.

Shock and Awe

Tabitha Hannigan was dressed in a short lapel tux with a dark red waistcoat.  Her feet were bare as was often the occasion, due to her metallic constitution limiting the amount of things that she needed to avoid stepping on.  While she would much rather have them propped up in her dorm room, her twin was quite insistent.  So to avoid a much threatened phone call to their mom, she dressed to do anything but impress.  The chrome skinned teenager whispered over to her brother before walking away towards the punch bowls, "I'll be getting punch, warden.  Don't holler unless you're dyin'.  And not a second before"

Tremayne for his part was wearing a floral print skinny fit suit with much more eye-catching intentions than his sister.  He gave no reaction to the quick brush off past a noncommittal shrug.  He certainly wasn't going to admit to her that it was their mother who asked him to drag her along.  Really went all out, didn't they?  I'll circle back later once she's through with her conniption fit.  Looking around the room, Tremayne spotted someone in a red dress and very precarious position.  With a quick point of his index finger he attempted to move a chair with static electricity to replace what could be a floorbound trajectory with a purposeful seating.

Benny was pretty much not bored, like he fidgeted, because he did things. He didn't mind people, even if he punched them in the face a lot. So he had his horse devors and drink, when El came up to him to loom before an awkward meeting. Quickly he finished chewing and gestured for her to wait. "Ya, sorry 'bout dat. Nah, ain't lonely non, ain't much ta tawk 'bout really." He rolled those broad shoulders as he laughed a little, "Don't really hang out with the others here, ya know? I go to class, do my thing, eat, bing bang boom, go ta bed."

And then there was a pause as realization dawned on his face, "Ah, sorry, I don't know youse name, and I don't think we been introduced... Benjamin, but everyone calls me Benny, and youse is?" In that thick Joisey accent.

Artificer

Heroditus had not initially planned on attending the Valentine's Party.  He could wrap his brain around a festival to Aphrodite, but this wasn't quite that, so he hadn't been sure what to make of it.  (He did like the Skittles though, they were like tiny fruity shrimp!)  When his roommate Rebound had mentioned going, he thought he'd have the room to himself for a bit, and could work uninterrupted (not that Benny interrupted him much, they mostly did their own thing, passing like ships in the night).  But after about 30 minutes of that, he found his mind wandering.

Well, this can wait, but tonight's event is fleeting.  Might as well go see what it is all about.

And so here he was, all 6'4" of him, at the Surfacer party.  His outfit, while still clearly Atlantean, was at least color-coordinated: dark red short breeches, a pink ("salmon") short-sleeved tunic, cinched together with a white belt and bandolier, and matching white gladiator-style sandals lacing up to his mid-calf.  Another new element to his look, for those who hadn't seen him in a while, was some facial hair: longer sideburns, a mustache, and beard, all thin & wispy, and not yet connected to each other.  He looked around, recognizing most everyone, but unsure where to go.   "Am I supposed to see Danica first, since she sent out the invitations?," he asked the first person to pass by.

Chronia

Kendra tilted her head, but before Luke could have possibly made introduction the flighty chronomancer was toddling away on unsteady shoes. She’d never needed anyone to introduce her to anyone in her life. But first there was a cute robot to look over. She joined Danica and Ryder for a bit, and the stars in her eyes were almost literal. But it was tech, and she was magic, so she got bored and wandered off before either could speak to her. Benefits of chronomancy. Faster than normal escapes. She wandered by the snack table again and refilled her plate. Then in a flash of blue light she was next to Elena and Benny. “Hiya Benny!” She greeted him with a mouthful of chocolate chocolate chip. “Hiya Really Tall Person! I’m Kendra! Nice to meet you!” My, she was high energy tonight. Well, parties were fun. The huge grin on her face was a dead giveaway.