Pre-Apocalyptic Tour

RocketLord

She cocked an eyebrow quizzically. Hawaiian pizza gets people up in arms? Well, I suppose wars have been started for less. It just looks really good to me.

"No, I really enjoy it! It feels very relaxing to me. Almost gets to the point where the vehicle speaks to me, and tells me what it needs, how it can be better. In all things, I strive to help others. So it would be a pleasure helping tune up your bike."

She smiled and sat down with him. The aroma of the pizza was heavenly, the sauce, cheese, and toppings a delicious and savory smell unlike anything she had ever experienced. Well, here we go. She took her first bite of pizza. For a moment, she only chewed. Then, she nodded slowly, and took another bite. "This is f***ing delicious," she whispered, almost to herself. She took a sip of the soda, a large Mountain Dew, and was overwhelmed by pure sweetness. So sweet!! Having had a lot of candy and cookies at Danica's party, though, she quickly got used to it. Wow, this is like liquid candy. But strangely fizzy?

"Now that's probably about the best thing I've ever eaten. Ever." She raised her styrofoam cup of soda like she was giving a toast. "Thank you for this. The whole experience."

Edited by Lone_Star
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermore II

Charlie couldn't help himself but laugh at El's reaction, leaning forward over the table and almost choking on the piece of pizza in his mouth.

"Ha, ah... Sorry, sorry... I'm glad you like it, just... didn't expect that." He was wheezing a bit, trying to get his breath back. "I'm happy you like it. Really."

Raising his own cup of pepsi, he bumped it against El's before taking a drink to try and get rid of the last of that scratching feeling in his throat. "Hey, you're welcome. Don't worry about it, I figured you needed to do something besides being locked up all day, right?"

He had time. Nowhere to be, so, why not help out?

"So, what do you want to do next?"

GM

The peace and quiet didn't last nearly as long as either Charlie or El would have prefered.

There was a terrible sound, crashing, tearing, smashing, and a man in a golden armor quite literally fell through the ceiling and into the food court, where people quickly scattered. He stood up, looked around and shook his head. The entire armor was brilliant gold, but otherwise looked highly advanced. 

"Hn... What are you all looking at?" Despite being electronically distorted, the voice was obviously male. "I am Doctor Midas, and I have more important things to worry about that you rabble! Run, go away!"

As if to punctuate his last statement, he raised his right gauntlet and fired a gold blast towards the roof, causing yet more destruction as parts of it fell down towards the fleeing people.

Outrider

El had just tasted the wonders of pizza for the first time, and she brought the greasy slice to her mouth for a second bite. It was everything she imagined it would be, and more. Just as she was about to take another bite, the mall exploded into panic as an armored man blasted the roof of the food court. She paused as dust rained down on her pizza, utterly ruining it. Ruining it! She calmly put her slice down, and stood up.

She hissed in her breath, and pointed a finger at the gold-suited man. "That is enough! You don't get come in here and ruin my pizza! Feel my fury, you turd!"

Screaming a battle cry, El picked up a chair and ran straight at him, jumping over tables until she reached Dr. Midas. She swung with all her might, hoping to knock him off balance.

Edited by Lone_Star
El has no hammer!

GM

The chair was swung and... with a loud *clang* it didn't really do a whole lot against Dr. Midas' golden armor. He paused for a brief moment and looked at Outrider.

"Turd? You call me a turd!?  Haven't you heard of me? Haven't you heard the screams, you lummox!? I am Dr. Midas! And I will not be stopped by a chair!

He raised a gauntlet towards Outrider and fired another golden blast that... instead destroyed part of a wall.

"I meant to do that!"

Nevermore II

Huh.

Charlie had not expected that. Golden armor and... El was already attacking Dr. Midas, with a chair.

Alright, he couldn't expect her to lug her hammer around aaaand... yeah. He was probably gonna get in trouble for this.

Right, so. He needed to change. No chance to tell El what he was about to do, so she could hopefully keep Midas busy for a moment while Charlie made himself scarce, disappearing into the crowds and off to a spot where he wouldn't be spotted.

El looked around for Charlie, but didn't see him. No matter - he would likely turn up sooner or later. Good thing I don't have to worry about changing into a costume! Let's show this turd I mean business.

She walked right up to Dr. Midas, and got right in his face, and stared right at him, her grey eyes piercing the heavy armor. "Listen up, Goldilocks," she said, poking his chest to accentuate her insult, "Listen. I don't know you. You definitely don't know me. But where I come from, people like you don't get to disrespect people like me. Because I'm the baddest chick around. I'm The Outrider: Princess of the Wasteland, the Gene-Altered Megababe, and Exalted Slayer of Omegadrones. And you don't want to get between me and my pizza!"

GM

Dr. Midas paused, staring at Outrider. She of course couldn't see his expression behind the armor. If nothing else, Outrider's bravado was giving him pause.

"Omegadrones? You have taken down Omegadrones?"

He looked around for a moment, as if he was trying to figure out if there were any Omegadrones nearby, before deciding that he would be better off trying to take down the Outrider.

"I am more powerful than any Omegadrone!"

Another golden blast from a gauntlet, this one hit Outrider straight in the chest, even if Dr. Midas' voice seemed to shake a bit as he yelled at her.

El took the hit, and it blasted her back through the food court. She scattered tables and chairs with her body as she was forced backwards, but she was eventually able to stand her ground against the beam, planting her feet firmly. She slid to a stop, and held her hands up in front of her face in a pugilist's stance. "How very original. So, you're Dr. Midas? Everything you touch turns to gold, as the story goes. Well, I'm sure you also know gold is malleable!"

She rushed back towards him, ever the straightforward fighter, and rushed towards him with a flurry of feinted blows to distract him, and ended the maneuver with an explosive side kick! She aimed straight for the center of his chest, hoping to do some damage. I wish I had my hammer with me!

GM

"Gold is everything!"  Midas proudly proclaimed as the Outrider was sent flying.

He took a step to the side as she kicked him, but seemed otherwise unharmed and actually laughed at her.

"And you are nothing!" 

Dr. Midas leapt back, a short burst of jet from his boots putting distance between himself and his foe, before he fired another golden beam at her. Upon hitting her, it created a golden field around Elena that held her in place.

"Mock me at your own peril, you overgrown mannequin!" 

Nevermore II

Charlie could hear the sounds and shouts from his hiding place. El was doing good, but Midas didn't sound like he was backing down.

The cowl was on, most the costume.

He closed the utility belt with the big N, and put his hands into the silver gauntlets. 

Standing, his cape fell behind him.

Go time.

El's eyes widened as her foe sidestepped her attack. The kick went straight through an overturned table, and her foot got stuck! She tried desperately to free herself, as Midas rose into the air.This golden guy is tougher than I thought! Need to get out of the way before - 

But it was too late! Just as she wrenched her foot free, she found herself stuck inside a golden energy field. She slammed her hands against it, and screamed in frustration. 

"Don't! You! Know! Not! All! That! Glitters! Is! Gold?" she told him, punctuating her words with slams against the force field. But it was too strong. She would just have to wait for now, and be prepared for the right moment to strike!

GM

"Of course not! But the very best is!"  

Midas was laughing now, slowly lifting Outrider above the ground, before quickly slamming her into it again and again.

"Not so mighty now, are you? Not when you face the superior golden intellect of Dr. Midas!"  

He laughed again. The noise was annoying, to put it mildly. It was a weird cackling sound, like a witch, but with less charm.

Nevermore II

That... looked bad.

Charlie had reached the rafters above Dr. Midas and El, out of sight and out of mind. So far, so good, he hadn't seen him, but... he kinda had El stuck. That wasn't really the best thing that could happen, but... he could do something about that.

With a slight grin, he reached into his utility belt and pulled out a small capsule, turning it in his hands for a moment, before dropping it down on Midas, while Charlie mouthed "bombs away," to no one but himself.

The small silvery capsule fell right in front of Dr. Midas, then exploded into a burst of ice that quickly covered the armored villain's body, leaving only his head free, and cutting off the beam that had caught the Outrider.

El groaned in pain as Dr. Midas tightened his squeeze. She grit her teeth against the pain, but just for a moment. As soon as it started, the attack was over, and she watched as Dr. Midas turned into a popsicle. She cracked her neck, and gave a thumbs up to the roof, knowing her classmate and friend was nearby. That was way too close. I need to be less reliant on my hammer. Good thing Charlie has my back. We will definitely need to go our for pizza again...my treat.

She walked slowly, almost sauntering, over to Dr. Midas. She laughed to herself, and cracked each one of her knuckles. "What was it you were saying? All your 'superior golden intellect' wasn't enough to help you beat up two teenagers. So, to you I say this..."

She stood on her right leg, then slammed her left foot forward in a mighty mule kick, aimed right at his helmet. "Silence is golden!"

GM

*CLANG!*

Outrider's fist collided with helmet and... nothing.

The doctor laughed behind the helmet, the same annoying cackling sound.

"Ha! It will take more than that to silence the great Dr. Midas! Everything about me is golden, ape!" 

And yet... despite his efforts, he could not quite break the ice.

Nevermore II

Nevermore dropped from the rafters with a soft, impish laugh, his black cape spreading out and slowing his fall until he landed next to Outrider and the, still stuck, Dr. Midas. He stood up with his cape draped around his shoulders, the shiny teal raven on his chest visible.

It was pure luck the golden guy didn't have some kind of weapons in his helmet... or didn't think to use them. 

"Hit him at the side of the head instead of head on, I'm seeing some heat build up there."

Though her kick connected, it did not seem to affect the golden madman. Am I really that out of practice? I'll need to spar with Astrid and Benny soon. Need to get back to basics. 

"Hmm..." She nodded to Charlie, doing her best to avoid listening to the grating laugh of Dr. Midas. "Okay, you got it. No quips this time, just...let's finish this so we can get back to hanging out. I was really enjoying it! Imagine that we will have to go somewhere other than the mall after this, of course...no thanks to you, Midas!" 

She ran towards him, her huge form speeding towards him like a diesel train. Her muscles flexed, and she roared out her fury as she swung a haymaker towards the side of Midas' helmet. He was completely defenseless, so she hoped this would be enough to knock him out! Otherwise this will be very embarrassing...

GM

"I am not so easily defeated yo-!"

Midas was silenced the instant the Outrider's blow connected with the side of his helmet. He made a sound like a smack that echoed back and forth for a bit, then he slumped forward, the helmeted head resting against the ice.

And luckily for all, Midas was blissfully silent as he stood there, encased and trapped.

Nevermore II

One proper punch, that was all it took, and Midas was down?

Charlie was almost bent over laughing as Midas just went completely silent after El's hit.

Standing up straight, he finally regained his composure. Some dark avenger he was, huh? Not that it was necessarily the image he was trying to cultivate, costume or not.

"Man, he did not have a good day. Kinda makes me wonder why he'd show up here, anyway." 

He moved closer, examining Midas' helmet, before shrugging.

"We should probably get out of here."

El cracked her neck, trying to play it off like it wasn't a big deal. "Suppose you have a point. He didn't even say why he was here - I assumed to rob the mall, but who robs a mall? It would be much easier to find valuables at a bank, or jewelry store." Charlie had a good point - what was his motivation? Not that it mattered...the mall was safe for now, but still, it struck her as strange. Her first villain fight just sort of fell into their lap.

"Agreed," El said with a nod. She looked forlornly at her pizza, covered in dust and debris from the fight. Her stomach growled, even louder now. "Perhaps we can find somewhere more private to eat?"

Nevermore II

Charlie looked at Midas and shrugged. 

"Dunno. Looks like his armor's already damaged and he kinda crashed. Maybe he just lost control or something? He didn't seem too bothered by the whole thing until you hit him, anyway."

It was weird, now that he thought about it. Charlie hadn't met Midas before, but he had heard of him. Not a big threat or anything, he just seemed obsessed with gold, so... why'd he come here, anyway? He was lost in thought, almost missing El's question.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, sure." He looked around at everyone staring at them. "Let's get to my bike and get out of here."

El walked outside, somewhat troubled by the strange turn of events, but looking forward to leaving the scene. There would surely be questions that she didn't have the answers to if they stayed. I guess the Claremont Academy talks to the police? I'm sure someone saw us, and Charlie is a recognizable hero. Hope he doesn't get into any trouble.

She got onto the back of his bike as he hopped on, and put her arms on his waist. "Did you have somewhere in mind?" She shifted herself on the seat a little bit, somewhat uncomfortable. Why does it feel good to put my arms around him? Weird.

Nevermore II

"Gimme a sec, I'll meet you by the bike."

And... he pretty much just vanished. Nothing super natural or anything like that, no powers, he was just gone.

Charlie came jogging out to the bike soon after, back in his regular clothes with his backpack, before quickly slipping back on the bike. With El's arms around him, he paused briefly, before speeding off down the street, away from the sound of approaching sirens.

"Somewhere in mind?" He thought for a brief moment. "Ever had sushi?"

She looked around for a moment, turning to either side. "Huh. Neat trick." She proceeded to the bike. Charlie's skill is great, even without powers. Hmm. I'll have to see how he is in a straightforward fist fight one day. Maybe give him some pointers...he is small. 

"Sushi...sushi," she mused to herself, trying to remember. The word sounded familiar, something rolled up? Suddenly, it came to her: an old magazine with articles about fancy restaurants. "Ah! I remember. No, I have not, but a California roll would be delicious. But," she said with a smile, pulling herself a little closer to him as he rounded a corner. "I will let you recommend something off the menu."