Electra

Blodeuwedd

The one thing that finally convinced us that this wasn’t our Blue Jay. I don’t know how well know it is, but Kit and Blue Jay were an item at the time…” she paused, thinking for a moment before adding “I not sure if Kit is still active right now, but if it’ll hurt her image if you could edit that out please.”

She might have never got to admit her true feelings to Blue Jay but she wasn’t going to score cheap point against a woman she still thought of as a, right now distant, friend.

So when Blue Jay grabbed Kit and threw her off the building I just have enough time to think that talking her down was no long an options, before throwing myself off the building after Kit...”

"Okay, we won't mention that part," Paige assured her easily, jotting a note on her pad. That would remove a chunk of the human interest from the story, but it wasn't worth prying into another hero's private life over, especially one who'd only been a teenager at the time. They weren't some skeezy tabloid publication. She listened as Blodeuwedd went on with the exciting climax of her story, nodding encouragingly in the hopes that she would continue with the story without further verbal prompting that would need to be edited later. 

Blodeuwedd

Blodeuwedd smiled, understanding how it might be a little frustrating to listening to her up the ante in a series of cliffhangers.

Sorry I come from a long line of Celtic storytellers, I can’t help but try and spin things out into a wild tale. I promise you that everything happened as I described it, and I’ve not gone back but I think its all on film.”

Maybe she was stalling a little to dwell on what was a still a sore point, at the time she thought Kit potentially dead and Tona changed in some ways.

Unfortunately I was too late to stop the fall, so I had to redirect the momentum using instead to kick the fake Blue Jay in the face. Whilst getting in a solid blow on her shoulder using Dyrnwyn.” she pause before adding “Did you want a blow by blow at this point, it’s hard to explain the pure exhilaration and chaos of any kind of combat but I can try if you wish?”

"If you'd like to describe the fight you certainly may," Paige told her, "but we do have some footage of the event that we can play to show viewers how it happened. I think the audience would be interested in hearing about parts that didn't make it onto the news, what happened after the fight and once the whole incident was over with. I imagine it must have been a difficult time for all of you, first believing that your friend was willing to fight you, and then finding that the person you were fighting wasn't your friend at all." 

• 3 weeks later...

Blodeuwedd

Thats fine, it wasn’t a fight I relished at all. When I realised it wasn’t a human, the force of the blade striking flesh has a different feel from metal, it helped some but it still had the face of my friend.”

She was thankful that her training had kicked in at that point. Blodeuwedd’s were trained to deal with creatures with human faces, with as much force as was necessary

At that point I had to fall back on what I’d learned, focusing on the tasks and problems at hand. It was only later that I had to process quite what I’d done.”

• 4 weeks later...

Blodeuwedd

Whilst she was being raised by the Order she was trained to control and suppress her emotions when necessary, the idea being that sometime she might be called upon to do some dubious things for the right reasons. It also helped to keep the existence of the Order from prying mind, it wouldn’t stop a determined telepath but it would hopefully make it appear to be a brain not worth exploring.

But this reminiscences had bought up the old memories of her teenage years, an awkward time for most. Remembering the whole event had bought up some serious bad memorised, even though she knew that this Tona wasn’t the real person she had still had to fight a defeat the woman that she’d love.

Right now the mental wounds felt so fresh again she was sure that even a non-telepath could tell by even the faintest of pain that flickered on her face.