• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howl is going to use his movement to try to enter the darkness, preferably not within punching distance of any of New Young Justice, in order to make it harder to be hit. Then he's gonna take a pot shot at Casanova since he's all tied up at the moment.His accurate auditory should allow him to fight well enough in the dark. Sound powers awayyyy~

Blasting at casanova with a 15
Eh not the best but we'll see how it shakes out. If it hits damage code with be...23 right?

Edited by RedSpine

Casanova 

Standard Action: Mental Blast at Nevermore: 26

Ow. And that's a crit. That's a DC28 Will Save for Nevermore vs. Damage.

I burn a HP to double Nevermore's Dodge Bonus for a total Defense of 28 until the start of Nevermore's next turn.

@Heritage is up followed by @Cubismo

23 - Shift - 3HP - Bruise (x1)

23 - Arrow IV - 1HP - Unharmed, Fatigued next round (Will use HP to remove)

23 - Nightscale - 3HP - Unharmed

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Chump - Unharmed, Raging

10 - Nevermore II - 1HP - Unharmed, Dodge Bonus doubled till start of turn (Defense 28)

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Howl - 3HP - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Bruise (x1), Entangled (Rank 8 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored branch on tree above him)

Visual Obscure, Darkness: 9/10 rounds, on Initiative 10.

• 3 weeks later...

That is, unfortunately, a miss vs. Stinger!

Give me an IC, then @Cubismo is up.

23 - Shift - 2HP - Bruise (x1)

23 - Arrow IV - 1HP - Unharmed, Fatigued next round (Will use HP to remove)

23 - Nightscale - 3HP - Unharmed

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Nevermore II - 1HP - Unharmed, Dodge Bonus doubled till start of turn (Defense 28)

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed - 100 feet above ground

7 - Casanova - Bruise (x1), Entangled (Rank 8 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored branch on tree above him)

Edited by RocketLord

Move Action: Going try and use a Feint maneuver on Stinger. Going to use Skill Mastery to get a 25 on the Bluff.

Free Action: Swapping Standard Arrows for Bow Strike on the Trick Arrows Array. 

Standard Action: Attacking Stinger with Bow Strike. Got a 9 on the Attack. Super-duper oof.

I don't think that Luke can get to Bluebird without transforming, but he can try to keep Stinger busy so that someone better at range maybe can?

I'm gonna post IC tomorrow as my shoulder is starting to hurt after today's session, but here are his actions anyway:

Move Action: Get to stinger

Standard action: Try to grab stinger (using the free all out attack maneuver to get -2 defense and +2 to hit for the turn) To hit: 16 miss... Hero Point 8... at least it's an HP so so 28 in total. Grapple: 25 

Move by Attack: If stinger is grabbed he will try to drag her a bit away with the rest of his  move action, perhaps trying to get her out of the auditory obscure so that he can try to talk to her (and maybe use emotion control next turn to be more convincing ?). Strength Check to drag: 23

That's a hit!

You shuld roll with your full Grapple bonus to grab, so your roll is actually at 31 (+8 from Attack)

Opposed grapple: 15

You got her!

Rules as written, you should be able to continue dragging her along on the same turn, but since the house rules lets you grab and throw, and because its just cool, I'll let you do it. Just remember, might not happen in other threads!

@Nerdzul: Give me an IC, then I'm up! And give me a Grapple check along with that, cus Stinger is gonna try to break out of the grapple on her turn, we can just as well get your roll immediately. 

23 - Arrow IV - 0HP - Unharmed

23 - Nightscale - 2HP - Unharmed

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

Stinger tries to break the grapple.

Standard Action: Break grapple: 21

@Nerdzul: You still got her grappled! Remember to check the House Rules on Grappling!

Toxin runs after Shift again.

Move Action: Move into melee with Shift.

Standard Action: Attack Shift: 11. That's a miss!

Chump moves to catch up with Howl and attacks.

Move Action: Run at Howl.

Standard Action: Punch at Howl: 13, that's a miss!

Nevermore continues attacking Casanova.

Move Action: Jump down from the tree, land next to Casanova. who is still hanging upside down.

Standard Action: Use his Collapsible Staff attack with the Stunning Attack power feat activated. Attack: 27. That's a hit and a crit, so a DC23 Fort Save for Casanova vs. Stun.

Casanova's Fort save: 12

Fail vs. Stun by more than 10, Casanova is unconscious.

Bluebird tries to grab Nevermore with her telekinesis: 

Standard Action: 14, a miss

@RedSpine is up!

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Nevermore II - 1HP - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unconscious, Bruise (x1), Entangled (Rank 8 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored branch on tree above him, upside down)

Visual Obscure, Darkness: 8/10 rounds, on Initiative 10.

Auditory Obscure centered on 100 feet radius from Howl's previous location.

Edited by RocketLord

Well looks like Howl isn't getting away from exchanging blows with chump.
Standard Action: 1 bass-line punch to rock chumps world. and hopefully start landing some debuffs
roll: 11

yeah nah gonna hero point a reroll of that that's just awful.
roll: 17, 27 with the extra boost from hero point rerolling
Much better. If it connects Chump has to endure a dc 23 toughness for the damage and dc fortitude to avoid Nausea.
Move Action: Without moving out of Chump swing range Howl is going to try to maneuver to Chumps side. Hopefully between the darkness and the sound nullification Chump won't be aware he's moved and think Howl's still in the same spot.

That's a hit.

TOU: 29

Fort: 26

Nope!

@RedSpine: Give me an IC.

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unconscious, Bruise (x1), Entangled (Rank 8 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored branch on tree above him, upside down)

@Heritage is up!

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unconscious, Bruise (x1), Entangled (Rank 8 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored branch on tree above him, upside down)

Move Action: Trying to pull a Feint on Bluebird. Going to use Skill Mastery again to get a 25 on the Bluff.

Free Action: Swapping Bow Strike for Standard Arrows on the Trick Arrows Array. 

Standard Action: Attacking Bluebird with Standard. Using Power to boost DC and lower Attack. Got a 14 on the Attack. That's a DC 25 vs. Toughness. 

Edited by Cubismo

Sorry @Cubismo, but Bluebird isn't swayed by Arrow's good looks, so that's just a +11 from Bluff. Also, you don't have Challenge [Fast Feint], so that's a -5 for doing it as a move action, for a total 16 on the Bluff. If you want, I'll let you roll for the Bluff instead of using Skill Mastery.

Guessing you mean to attack Bluebird too?

Nightscale is gonna spend an hero point to add alternate power against his magic resistance, lowering it in order to more easily use a bit of magic without dismissing his enhanced strength.

Here it is: 

Emotion Control 8 (Flaws: Sense Dependent[Visual]; Feats: Mind Blank, Subtle) [10PP]

(I'm planning a rebuild of Luke where his utility powers are split from the combat ones, but for now he would have to make do with this...)

Then he will.

Free Action: Maintain the Grapple and keep his enhanced strength up.

Standard Action: Use Emotion Control on Stinger to make his words more convincing (he will use the subtle feat, but not mind blank), using hate as an emotion to sow mistrust toward Casanova Save DC 18.

I don't think he is gonna move again as he is already satisfied of being out of the silence aura.

Maintain Grapple Roll if she still tries to escape: https://orokos.com/roll/872017, If she tries to convince him that she is buying his words, but actually isn't Luke has SM 20 on Sense Motive.

Edited by Nerdzul