• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since all the super baddies are conveniently bunched together, Arrow is going to burn a Hero Point and add a new power to Trick Arrow array that will hopefully keep them stuck in one place: 

Snare 5 "Stick Arrows Volley" (Extra: Area [Targeted, Burst: 25 Ft. Radius]) (Adhesive) [15PP]

Move Action: Going to start things off with an attempt Taunt attempt on Chump. Since Arrow has Fast Task: Taunt it can be done as a Move Action without that pesky -5 penalty. Got a 35

Free Action: Swapping Standard Arrows for new Stick Arrows Volley on the Trick Arrows Array. 

Standard Action: Attacking the entire New Freedom League with a Targeted/Burst Snare Effect. Got a 15 on the collective Attack. That's a DC 15 vs. Reflex.

Chump trying to save vs. that taunt is not going to happen, so he's flat-footed.

You hit Chump, Toxin and, since they're in melee grappling Toxin, Shift. The power would need the Selective extra to only target certain targets in the area.

Since Shift and Toxin are grappling, they'll stick to each other with the adhesive if they fail the Reflex Save.

Chump's save: 12, he's entangled 

Toxin's save: 24, makes the save.

@Heritage: You need to make a DC15 Reflex Save vs. Snare

@Nerdzul is up.

23 - Shift - 3HP - Unharmed

23 - Arrow IV - 2HP - Unharmed

23 - Nightscale - 3HP - Unharmed

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Chump - Unharmed, Entangled (Rank 5 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored to the ground)

10 - Nevermore II - 3HP - Unharmed

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Howl - 3HP - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unharmed

Edited by RocketLord

Lucky as usual Luke tries to Grapple Casanova, but with an awesome 15 I imagine that he misses on the attack to initiate it.

Tries again with an hero point 19 awesome it is the least I could have rolled with it right? given than anything less I'd have added 10...

Very likely that he would miss anyway, but just in case he would have rolled 29 for grappling... and 27 to drag him along with him. 

The plan was to rush at him, grapple the guy and use the remaining part of Nightscale's movement to drag him away from the group so that he could not mind control innocent people into the fight anymore. 

Actions: 

Move: Close the distance with Casanova (using the Move by attack feat) 

Standard: Grapple 

Continue the Move: drag him away hopefully far enough from  any innocent bystander. 

Nightscale can move up to 500 ft in a rd  thanks to speed 3

Edited by Nerdzul

Yeah, those are both gonna miss. Give me an IC.

And a general note: No need to wait for me to respond to OOCs before you post ICs. 

23 - Nightscale - 2HP - Unharmed

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Chump - Unharmed, Entangled (Rank 5 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored to the ground)

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unharmed

Yeah I wasn't sure, after all a 19 would have hit Luke, but Sebastian looks like the agile type so... Anyway Nightscale won't stop after missing Sebastian though, he is gonna use the rest of the move to dash past them, getting between the mind controlled teen and the couple (and hopefully not in between Stinger, and Chump).

He will use interpose to take the hit if the anyone tries to harm the couple.

Edited by Nerdzul

Stinger moves to the side, away from the group to put some distance in, while moving closer to Arrow. She uses her whip to try to disarm Arrow: 29

That's a hit. Disarm roll: 14+4 = 18 (I forgot to add the mighty ranks from the damage)

@Cubismo: Give me a Str check vs. DC18 or you're disarmed.

Toxin is being grappled! She tries to touch Shift: 21

That's a hit! Turns out she got not just poison, but acid touch too! It's not fun to be Toxin!

@Heritage: Give me a DC23 TOU save.

Chump tries to break free from the snare.

@Cubismo: Give me a DC24 Toughness save from the Snare. It got a +5 bonus to its roll.

Nevermore drops a Visual Obscure with a 200 ft. radius at the feet of Casanova. Anyone without Darkvision or other ways of navigating now have a 50% chance to miss their targets.

He then uses a Move Action to swing into a tree over New Young Freedom.

Finally, Bluebird flies up, away from the ground. She tries to use her telekinesis to grapple Nightscale: 24. That's a hit. Missing on a roll of 11+ due to Obscure: 6. Hit confirmed.

@Nerdzul: Roll a Grapple check vs. 18

And then, @RedSpine is up.

Whew.

For the record: To avoid doing 3 posts in a row, I'll just be posting Bluebird's actions together with Stinger, Toxin and Chump, even if they take place after Charlie's action.

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unharmed

Visual Obscure, Darkness: 10/10 rounds, on Initiative 10.

Edited by RocketLord

Strength Check: 16. But I'm gonna use Extra Effort to boost that by two to make the save at 18. I'll burn another Hero Point next round to remove the fatigue.

Snare Toughness Check: 24.

EDIT: Disregard the strikethrough. Apparently you can't you Extra Effort in this way. 

Edited by Cubismo

So Howl is going to run to put himself between the controlled teens and the couple making sure to activate his "World on Mute" Audio obscure on the members of New Young Justice as he dashes past them. He'd also like to provoke the controlled teens to only attack himself or Nightscale, trying to use his experience being controlled to manipulate the wording of shields command to let the couple get away. Nothing causes more trouble than fighting a hero right? Should i roll bluff for that?
Actually rereading things i don't think i have enough actions left for any kind of bluff so i'll just stick with running to the controlled teens and muting New Young Justice.

Edited by RedSpine
Double checked actions.

Fail by 5, that's a bruise and you're dazed!

Casanova targets Howl. @RedSpine give me a DC18 Will Save vs. a Visual Dazzle Effect!

The mind controlled teen all look very confused and starts running away.

@Heritage is up, but you're Dazed, so unless you got some way of getting rid of that, just give me an IC post while you skip your turn.

After Heritage, @Cubismo gotta deal with losing that bow!

23 - Shift - 3HP - Bruise (x1), Dazed

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unharmed

Edited by RocketLord

Assuming that Stinger physically has Arrow's bow and didn't throw it somewhere with her whip... 

Move Action: Activating Fashionable Night Shades setup on Gadgets Power. Arrow now has Darkvision.

Move Action:  Arrow will stealthily move to get into Touch range with Stinger. Given the Obscure Effect, let's see if Arrow can catch Stinger by surprise with a Skill Mastery Stealth Check of 20. 

Going use Extra Effort to get another action. Fatigued condition will be removed via Hero Point next round.

Standard Action: Trying to hit Stinger with a Disarm to get her bow back. Got a 26 on the Attack and a 5 on the Strength Check but I'll spend a HP to re-roll the latter. Got a 19.

Stinger got night-vision goggles, so no luck on auto sneak, but she only gets a 12 on her notice, so you sneak up!

That's a hit. 

Opposed strength check vs. Disarm: 19

Since you're the attacker, you win and you get the bow back!

@Nerdzul is up after @Cubismo's IC.

23 - Arrow IV - 1HP - Unharmed, Fatigued next round (Will use HP to remove)

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Unharmed

Nightscale is gonna keep it simple for now he is gonna go for his left hook in Sebastian's jaw. 

I have a few ideas about using his emotion control power to try and sway some of the new young freedom, but given  that they can't see or hear at the moment and all of Luke's tricks are sense-dependent he has to wait for the right occasion...

He will use Move-By action to get close to Casanova, throw the punch and use the rest of his movement to get close to Shift and use Interpose if anyone attacks his friend. He is also going to use the 'free' all out attack maneuver to get +2 to hit and -2 defense.

Punching Casanova: 24 to hit (Yey he actually hit something! Ofc when it's just a punch, oh well...) the damage DC is 23. 

Nightscale's defense is 6 for the turn though.

Feeling a bit sleepy now, but I'm gonna post IC tomorrow morning.

Edited by Nerdzul

That is a hit. TOU save: 10

A bit too early for Casanova to be taken staggered already, so gonna change that to a Bruise and give Nightscale a Hero Point.

Give me an IC, then my posts from hell is up.

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Bruise (x1)

Stinger might be in melee, but that's to her advantage!

Move Action: Activate her Nightvision goggles.

Standard Action: Strikes at Arrow with her whip: 26

That's a hit.

@Cubismo: Give me a DC16 Fortitude Save vs. Visual Dazzle and a DC21 TOU save vs. Damage.

Toxin goes for Nightscale.

Move Action: Move into melee with Nightscale.

Standard Action: Attack Nightscale: 23. That's a hit. Missing on 11+: 10. Hit confirmed.

@Nerdzul: Give me a DC18 Fortitude Save vs. Nauseate.

@Heritage: Give me a DC23 TOU Save from Toxin's previous attacks Secondary Effect extra. 

Chump gets mad.

Standard Action: Break the Snare.

Move Action: Run at Howl.

Nevermore attempts to Snare Casanova.

Full Action: Snare on Casanova: 14.

That's a miss, I'll use a HP to reroll: 10. Rolled a 2, adding +10 for total 20 and a hit.

Casanova's Reflex Save vs being snared vs. DC18: 15, he's entangled, and hanging upside down from the tree, where the Snare is attached.

Bluebird tries to grab Howl with her telekinesis: 

Standard Action: 12, a miss

Move Action: Flies higher up, now about 100 feet above ground.

Overview:

- The teens and the couple have run away

- The area is covered by a Darkness Visual Obscure. Unless you can see in the dark or have other accurate senses you can use for fighting, you have a 50% miss chance.

- The area is covered by an Auditory Obscure that Howl is only targeting New Young Freedom with.

- Arrow and Stinger are in melee.

- Nightscale is close to Shift and will interpose any attacks. He is in melee with Toxin.

- Chump is running at Howl, moving between him and Casanova.

Nevermore is in the tree above Casanova and has entangled him with a Snare.

Casanova took a hit from Nightscale. He is currently hanging upside down from a tree.

Bluebird is flying about 100 feet above everyone else.

@RedSpine is up.

23 - Shift - 3HP - Bruise (x1)

14 - Stinger - Unharmed

12 - Toxin - Unharmed

10 - Chump - Unharmed

10 - Nevermore II - 2HP - Unharmed

10 - Bluebird - Unharmed

7 - Casanova - Bruise (x1), Entangled (Rank 8 Snare: -2 ATK/DEF, -4 DEX, Anchored branch on tree above him)

Visual Obscure, Darkness: 9/10 rounds, on Initiative 10.

Edited by RocketLord

That's Staggered and Dazed for Arrow. Big oof, yes. 

You still got that HP you haven't used to get rid of Fatigue, if you want to reroll.

I'll consider Stinger's legacy challenge to trigger Arrow's Legacy Hero complication, giving you another HP, too.

And a general note: If anyone has suggestions for having any of their Complications triggered in a situation, let me know.

And I will most definitely use that legacy call out it from Stringer and the extra HP that came with it, thank you very much. ?

HP Toughness Re-roll: 20. Arrow still doesn't beat it but its sure better than being Staggered and Dazed!

Note: Her last HP will still be used to remove the Fatigue condition next round.

Edited by Cubismo