Despite the smoke Arrow deigned to give Nightscale slight no and something that almost half-way resembled a compliment. Or at the very least mild confidence that he could indeed handle a very ornery looking Stinger. "Take her out and maybe we'll talk."

Arrow quickly went back into tactical mode as she primed an arrow and scanned the area for acceptable targets through green-tinted nightshade eyes. Stinger was busy being grappled by Nightscale so she wasn't a problem yet. There was Chumb. Even without her nightshades it would have hard to know the general direction of where that lummox was currently wilding out. He likely would have made for an easy shot given how distracted he was but Olivia had to second-guess if her shots would have been able take a roid freak like him out. Toxin? She did not like the idea of one of her piercing her suit and leaking all over Shift. That left Bluebird. She was high in the sky but still well in range of her shots. Arrow smiled.

"Hey Cassie how about you settle down before your dad finds out about all the running around you'll been doing?" It was at the moment that she knew that she had forced Blueshift to wonder where she was that Arrow pulled her bow and launched her bolt. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. Take down that Blue chicken up there and maybe we can talk.” He teased back a playful smirk on his lips.

Now what to do though? He didn’t want to hurt Stinger though, after all, sure Sebastian was extremely punchable so yeah, kicking his ass was definitely justified in the teenage boy’s mind, but the others were just his schoolmates, not that he didn't have scraps with his old ones, quite the contrary indeed, but then again, Claremont meant trying to turn a new leaf... Plus the idea of hitting a girl, superpowered or not, didn’t exactly rub  him in the right way. 

That said, it didn’t mean that he couldn’t try to take her out of the fight somehow. Now perhaps a little bit of magic could help. Struggling to keep the hold on his monstrous side, always an effort when he attempted a spell, the young man tried his best to cross Stinger gaze with his own. 

Can you explain me something?” He asked, as the  magic hopefully ran its course, not allowing his grip to slide, but still without tightening it. “I know you the smartest of the bunch. Why are you hanging with that loser? I mean, people will find out what he is doing here eventually, even if we don’t go snitching around and then what?

Edited by Nerdzul

GM

Stinger glared as Nightscale grabbed hold of her, keeping her from following Arrow. She clearly had her sights set on her target. Raising her arms above her head, she slipped down and out of the much larger teen's hold, then kicked at his side to put some distance between them. "Idiot. You're lucky I can read lips." She unfolded her whip once more, starting to swing it around her. "You got no idea what we're doing, anyway."

For her part, Toxin remained silent as she broke away from Shift and instead turned her attention back to Nightscale. She ran towards him as fast as she could, coming up behind him with an outstretched hand, touching his shoulder to send a strong paralyc poison into his body.

Chump was raging by now, throwing punch after punch after Howl. "Get out of my way! I gotta help Cas!" He barely seemed to care about Howl now, just wanting to get to his friend, but he didn't try to break away. He just kept punching, kept attacking.

"Oh shut up! Mom's never gonna figure anything out anyway! Like she'd believe you over me!" Bluebird threw her hand out towards Arrow, digging a long trench in the ground next to her. 

Nevermore II

Casanova was down. So, what next?

Zach was dealing with Chump. Not going great, not going bad, but alright, he seemed to have it covered. Bluebird was still up there, but she hadn't landed a hit yet and O was on her. She could handle that, right? That left Toxin and Stinger ganging up on Luke, and yeah, that wasn't right.

"Comin' your way, Dragon-boy!" 

Shooting a line into a tree, Charlie let it pull him ahead, catapulting him above while he reached for a certain tool in his belt. Landing, he quickly crouched just a bit away from Luke and Toxin, throwing out a snareline that wrapped around Toxin, wrapping her arms and legs closely together, forcing her to fall down.

If there was ever a time to be thankful for the superpowered dodgeball that happened in claremontes P.E. class it was now. Chumps swings were strong but there was only force behind it. At least that's how it seemed to Howl as he sidestepped and wove between the ongoing barrage of fists. Something didn't track right through this though.

"So first you can fight me easily enough even in the darkness and the mute, then you chase me down and start poppin off about how I'm in your way? You've got something twisted big guy." Howl said mostly to himself, after all chump shouldn't be able to hear him but if he somehow could..

Interrupting his own train of thought Howl saw his opening as chump pulled back to throw another haymaker to the moon! Stepping in close Howl put his whole suit into the punch landing a solid blow right into the larger students stomach and couldn't help but smile as his suit detected the resonant waves rock their way through chumps internals. He just had to keep pushing until Chump tapped out. Stepping once more to Chumps non-dominant side he couldn't help but try to lend his opponent a helping hand, or was it just smack talk? Bit of both really.

"You're probably feeling it now man. If you're gonna puke please just run over to the trash can."

The moment Arrow saw Bluebird violently thrust out her hand out she knew it wasn't a sigh of good things to come. It was a close thing, but she managed to dodge the telekinetic attack by deftly shifting to the side. Not wanting to miss a beat, she got another arrow and tried to send it flying towards a still scattered looking Bluebird.

"You sure about that, Cassie? Seems to me that their whole lot of witnesses to you and your friends being colossal idiots."

GM

"Aaah!" 

The arrow grazed Bluebird's shoulder. She obviously wasn't expecting anyone to actually hit her. The blue telekinetic field around her dropped for a moment, sending her falling towards the ground and... only just managing to break her fall enough to not get seriously hurt.

Still, she hit the ground hard. At least she didn't seem too hurt, even if she was out cold.

Wait-” Luke had thought that he had Stinger locked in, turns out though that she had more tricks up her sleeves and easily broke free. “You’re not going far…” He remarked as he dashed past Toxin, whose poison had fortunately failed to get through. 

Thanks man.” He waved at Nevermore as he dashed to get back his quarry. Hopefully she would not prove to be that slippery this time.

Edited by Nerdzul

GM

Stinger danced away, slipping out of the hold that Luke was trying to put her in. "Not gonna be that easy, kid!" she countered, swinging her whip wildly around, the stinger at the tip swiping just past Nightscale's head, but without hitting.

While her teammate were still fighting, Toxin struggled against her bonds, but to little effect. She tried to reach it with her acid, but with little luck. "Let me go!"

Chump finally had enough. "SHUT UP!" Even then, Howl could see that he was struggling to keep it in. Raising his hands high, he slammed them into the ground, creating a shockwave that threatened to push Howl away.

Edited by RocketLord

NEVERMORE II

"No problem, man." Charlie waved briefly at Luke while he moved closer to Toxin, spinning his staff around, with electricity starting to crackle around its tip.

"Sorry 'bout this Toxin, but I really can't let you hurt my friends. No hard feelings, right?"

Finishing spinning his staff, he thrust it away Toxin's side, sending a powerful shock through her, knocking her out. 

Toxin was dangerous, and she could break out in time, but... eh... he didn't like it.

"Ok so you can hear me what the f" Was all howl could get out before chumps shockwave slammed into him. Bracing himself against the sheer force set against him he felt his armor strain but ultimately hold! Howls armor would not give in so easily and so after the initial burst he closed the gap between them and sent another hook right into the larger boys jaw.

"You are NOT going to use that trick to catch anyone else in this! Throw hands at me don't go throwing shockwaves!"

He hoped this would be the last bit of fancy footwork, moving to make sure that chump was pointed away from anyone in case the teens crazy strength sent debris hurling through the air. Howl wasn't going to let this berserker catch anyone else in the crossfire of their fists.

Arrow cracked a smirk as she shot Bluebird out of the sky with her well-made shot.

After a rocky start they fight seemed to be going their way. Wanting to finish it in earnest, she assessed her remaining targets. Still estimating that Chump's absurdly tough hide wouldn't be an easy target for her even arrows, the archer decided to take another shot against her least favorite cowgirl.

"Having fun being wrangled, Stinger!" 

Alas her boost in confidence after landing Bluebird did not make her pithy comment or her aim any better as her shot went wide and found itself buried deep within the bark of a nearby tree. 

Edited by Cubismo

Well Bluebird had fallen from the sky, Luke had groaned. Now it was a bit childish perhaps, but so far Miss Trust Fund was definitely faring better than him and that definitely didn’t sit well with his teenage ego. Plus, the fact that the kids without actual superpowers were doing the heavy lifting was also a bit embarrassing as you asked him….

Whatever. He darted toward Stinger again, dodging her whip. “God you are a slippery one…” He grinned. “Can’t run forever though…” This time at least he managed to properly tackle her. “Come on. Can't you see that you have lost?” He added once he had her held tight in his grip. “Three of you are already down…

GM

"I told you to let go of me!" Stinger struggled against Nightscale's grasp again. She was grunting, trying hard to break free, but simply put, he was just too strong. Whatever skills she otherwise had, she knew that she'd be done if she couldn't break free. Especially not if anyone ganged up on her while she was held like this.

Chump stumbled and shook his head, flailing wildly after Howl. "Stop hidin'!" Oh, he was still pissed off. His friends falling one by one, and not even able to see or hear the guy attacking him? With another shout, he slammed his into the ground, creating another shockwave around him.

Nevermore II

Charlie took a second to look down at Toxin. It felt off. She really didn't strike him as being as bad Casanova or Stinger, but... he couldn't risk it, right? 

Luke seemed to have Stinger held pretty well, but Chump was still fighting off whatever Zach was doing to him. "Arrow, help Nightscale. I'll help Howl." 

Reaching into his belt he pulled out a tripwire while he ran towards Chump and Howl. Taking aim, he fired it around Chump's legs and pulled, and... Chump didn't even move. Damn.

This time Howl was ready for the Shockwave, sidestepping the flying debris and pushing through it to place solid sonic enhanced punch right into Chumps ribs.

"Hey Nevermore! You wouldn't happen to have sleeping gas in that belt of yours do you? He's doesn't know when to stop swinging."

Really fighting chump was like trying to break a mountain. Blows were landing and progress was being made but there was only so much you could do per pass. The ground was getting pretty beat up though which gave the teen an idea. One more blow from chump he thought should churn up the earth just enough that maybe.. just maybe he could use his sonic weaponry to force the ground to act like quicksand for a bit. Just needed the opening.

Arrow broke into a smile that nearly bordered on villainous as Charlie gave out his order.  "Oh I can certainly do that. Don't you worry."

Normally she wouldn't be too keen on the idea of taking orders from anyone who wasn't Bowman but Charlie's call looked to be the most tactical in the moment. Or maybe her close call with Stinger had just made her a little bit more willing to actually trust this whole team idea. Regardless, she relished the idea of finally getting some sweet payback on the cowgirl and unashamedly said as much to a constrained Stinger.  

"Well its been fun toying with but I think its time you went into sunset with the set of your little posse of losers. Ta-ta, Lady Yokel." Before Stinger could so much reply, Arrow had already pulled her bowstring and sent a boxing-glove straight to her face. 

I told you, that you have lost, come on… Know when to fold.” Luke smirked. He didn’t relent his grip though, choosing to wait instead to see if Stinger was getting more cooperative now or not. Now it was perhaps dishonorable to hit a defeated enemy, but it was likewise foolish to just give her the chance to strike back.

He did notice though that Owl was having some problems dealing with Chump. “Zach… I can calm him down if you need help. Just… He has to be able to hear me.”

GM

Stinger struggled against Luke, and then, she saw it, coming right at her. Flying so fast, a large red boxing glove to an end of an arrow. She had her thoughts about it. Mainly about how stupid it was, but on the other hand... "Oh sh-" She was cut off when the boxing glove collided with her face at full force. She slumped forward, shook her head and looked at Arrow. She was clearly out of it by now, looking around at her friends in various states of defeat, only Chump really fighting back anymore and... "Alright, alright... I give up..." She was clearly not happy about it, but she was too smart to keep fighting a lost cause.

"ARGH!" Chump took another blow. His ears were ringing, he was not having a good time right now and he couldn't find any of his friends. "Stop it, just... stop it! We're the good guys! We're saving people!"

Nevermore II

"Sorry man, no sleeping gas yet." So, then what? Charlie could thrown ravenrangs at Chump all day long, they'd probably just get stuck in him. Hope for a lucky shot with his staff... tie him up and he'd probably just break the snare. No, Chump was strong, and honestly, he'd be better off letting the others hit him...

"Got somethin' else!" Pulling out another trip wire, Charlie leapt over Chump, making sure to plant a hand on his shoulder, while throwing the tripwire at Chump's legs.

With a loud groan and a yell, Chump fell face first, while Charlie lands behind him, quickly rolling to face Chump again.

Well, Chump seemed to be calming down somewhat but still.

Grasping both of his hands together Howl brought them down as hard as he could muster into a hammer blow of sonic energy and kinetic force.

"...I'm going to regret this aren't I? Step back a sec Nevermore."

Canceling out the Mute effects didn't take but a side glance to cut off the process tree but it gave him a moment to speak.

"Hey man you want to talk let's talk. But if you start swinging we're going right back to the silence."

Arrow smirked. She had hoped that her arrow would take her out of the fight outright but seeing her surrender to Nightscale was a decent consolation prize. With Stinger out of the fight and her urge to get even mostly sated, she now just wanted this fiasco over and done with. Looking over to an obviously exasperated and panicking Chump it was fairly obvious that he wanted it over too.

Feeling generous, and knowing her arrows would still have trouble dealing with his bulk, Olivia decided to give the idiot an out. "Oh just give up, Eddie. Your dear leader Sebastian is stuck in a tree and everyone is either unconscious or stopped fighting. Why not do the smart thing for once and do the same. If you do we'll try to make sure that Summers doesn't do that much of a number on you and your friends." 

GM

Chump looked up at Howl, Arrow and Nevermore and, with a sigh, he finally calmed down. "Alright, alright... I give up." He grunted and shook his head. "Head's all fuzzy, anyway."

After they let him, he would stand up and look around. Toxin was starting to get back up, rubbing her head through the suit. Bluebird was still out cold, and the same was Casanova, hanging upside down from the tree. 

Stinger was still struggling lightly against Nightscale, but the fight was clearly out of her. "So? Are you gonna let me go or what?" She paused, before smiling. "Or do you just like being all up close against me? Is that it, Dragonboy?"

"See? Was that so hard, Chump?" Arrow asked in a tone that was deliberately between condescending and empathetic. "Maybe if you used your head a to bit more often you wouldn't be so easily duped by idiot posers like Sebastian over there." 

She rolled her eyes at Stinger though. "Oh please get over yourself, Melanie. Your a five at your best and being half-beaten to all Hell is certainly not that. Do us all and yourself a favor and shut up." She looked over towards Luke then and gave the teen somewhat of a prep talk. "Don't let that little creep get one over you, Nightscale," she said bluntly before quickly adding, "Your better than that evidently."

"Maybe... Are you going to try anything funny?" Luke smirked playfully. He didn't wait much however to relent in his grasp, especially with Chump now out of commission too.

He was about to comment on her choice of words, but Arrow responded for him, prompting the young man to chuckle. Truth to be told, the idea of flirting a bit with a didn't actually sound that unappealing, but his heart was already taken.

"Than you. You aren't that bad either..." He grinned at Arrow.

"Anyway, what now?" He looked at his friends. Reporting everything seemed like the smartest choice, but then again, perhaps it was his old life speaking, but snitching on his school mates didn't sound that great. My old mates didn't mind control people into crime, though.

"Why don't you tell us what is going on. I mean, from what it looks like to me, messing with people's head and then beating them up ain't exactly hero stuff..." 

This time he addressed Stinger and Chump. "And Claremont ain't a Supervillain's school. You know?"