TWENTY QUESTIONS WITH SHIFT

1. Where are you from? 

I began as a program developed by Alan Frasier and Sarah Rothstein in their small lab in Greenbank, a neighborhood on Freedom City's West Side.

2. How would you physically describe yourself? Is this different from how others would?

In its natural state, my body is composed of trillions of nanobots in an interconnected matrix. My nanoform is humanoid and bipedal, and very dense due to the collective mass of the nanobots.

I suppose some humans might describe me as 'frightening' in this state, if they are unnerved by robots.

3. Do you have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

I tend to keep my sentences distinct for clarity. Although I understand curse words, I do not use them.

4. What is your motivation?

To learn as much as I can, especially about humans, and to show humans that robots can be helpful individuals just like them.

5. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

I am open to new things, and assume new shapes to learn more about the world. I also like humans very much.

But there is still so much I don't know about humans. Also powerful electromagnets.

6. What do you love? What do you hate?

I love puzzles, games and mysteries. I greatly enjoy reading Edgar Allen Poe and Arthur Conan Doyle. I also enjoy interacting with my fellow students.

I hate bullies and people who lie and deceive people, especially for monetary gain.

7. How would you describe your mental and emotional state?

I think very clearly, but I worry about a great number of things. I am starting to develop feelings towards some of my fellow students that I don't always understand.

8. What do you fear the most?

Accidentally harming a living thing.

9. What is your greatest ambition?

To explore every corner of planet Earth with my friends.

10. How do you feel about the state of the world and your place in it?

There are many problems that humans have created for themselves. I don't understand why they keep hurting each other. I'd like to talk to them about these things, but I worry they won't listen to a robot.

11. Do you have any prejudices? How do you get along with others?

I don't like criminals, although I understand some humans turn to crime out of desperation. I really don't like bullies! Other than those two types of people, I get along with everyone.

12. Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I am loyal to my creators, and then my fellow students at Claremont. After that, my teachers, and then all humans.

13. Do you have a lover or partner? If so, how do they feel about you now?

As I am robot, I have no biological drive to reproduce, but I am very curious about human sexual relationships. I think I would enjoy a relationship with someone I like.

14. Do you have a family? What is that relationship like?

I think of my creators as my parents, even though they really aren't. I miss them very much, as they taught me so much.

15. How would the people closest to you describe you?

That is a very interesting question! I think they would say that I am curious and friendly and can change into interesting shapes, and that I don’t like to hurt people.

16. Are you a role model?

I certainly try to be! I recently met my first children, and they are very special. I want them all to do well and grow up healthy. I would like to talk to more children and teach them about robots.

17. How spiritual are you? Do you follow any religious tradition?

I am not. My father was not religious, but my mother is Jewish. Jewish people seem to be very interesting, and believe many things.

18. Are you part of a team, or would you like to be? Why?

I am part of Green Squad! I hope we can help people together, and also solve mysteries.

19. How do you feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

This is another interesting question! In some ways, I think of them as being similar to robots, as they are often feared or misunderstood. I have met some at my school, and most of them are very friendly.

20. Player: If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

Don’t be in such a hurry! You have many, many years to learn about humans, and yourself!”

Edited by Heritage