"You could say that," Abigail said with a nod toward Ryder.  "It's not as, um, poetic as I would have put it but it does tend to get the point across."

She shrugged.

"It's just a little thing I know how to do that I've repurposed to sneak cookies out of a cookie jar, so to speak."  She grinned, but that grin faded somewhat, and she looked a little uncomfortable, as she caught the other snippets of conversation regarding weapons.  

• 3 weeks later...

Horrorshow

"Not my original...," Davyd began, his large chiropteran ears drooping in dejection.  But then the rest of Eira's words -- and the unsaid implications thereof -- hit him, and he perked up again, grinning a grin that was a bit too wide and with teeth that were a bit too pointed, "oh, yeah!  Yeah!"  With the food prep done, he washed his hands, "I'm guessing this is something you would want to discuss, ah, elsewhere?"  He ran his cleaned hands through this hair and over his ears, smoothing his features back to his Human Davyd form.

He caught a glimpse of Abigail's mood, and made his way towards her.  "That's a really cool trick, Abby!  Can you just use it only to open a door to places you've been to before?  Like, you've got to leave some token where you were, so you can get back to it later?"  A recent rant his roommate had gone into regarding save points in video games had him in a certain frame of mind.