Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Blackstaff tried to give Dreamer a reassuring smile and nodded. Carefully he climbed to his feet, and holding on to the railing, he glanced at the captain of the ship. He hoped Alaynah wouldn't try anything since the girl had agreed to put the boat back in the river. Looking out over the river he also hoped the fog he called up would hold out long enough to see them safely down.

He didn't want to start a fight with authorities on the river for the world to see, but he found his fingers flexing reflexively, like they anticipated holding something. Blackstaff made a fist and released it, instead grabbing the railing. He didn't need it or its power he thought darkly, he had proven that to himself plenty of times. He had his blasting rod and it was more then enough to focus his power.

Link to post

Somewhere in Malory Bay

Sunday, May 17, 2020

 

A few minutes later

 

It took some clever maneuvering and a continual screen of fog over Emerald City, but you found a natural embankment in one of the many small islands that dotted Malory Bay. In truth, the island was halfway to just a pile of rocks, but it served as a dry place away from the Alaynah's boat for the two of you and the professor to talk.

 

The rocks crunched underfoot as the professor disembarked from the Red Summer. He turned back to the boat where Alaynah and her crew, along with the professor's belongings, waited on the deck. While the whole area was dark, backlit by the lights of the twin cities and the lightbeam from the nearby Malory Bay Lighthouse, Advay could see the bodyheat from Alaynah and Zach. The twin gargoyles were as cold as stone unsurprisingly. The Red Summer's crew stood on the deck awkwardly, both waiting for a decision and anxious to leave.

 

Then Advay turned back to the middle of the island, to the two people who would have decided his fate. He knew there was no fighting if they both decided to take him, and so with a slump of resignation he plodded towards them.

 

He nodded, putting on a brave face. "So here we are, all together now. I don't suppose you both have questions I could answer?" He chuckles weakly.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

The Dreamer once again conjured a table and some comfortable seating for the three of them to have their talk in relative comfort. Having the dream creature lower her into the chair she gestured for the others to sit. "Before we begin, would the two of you like any refreshments?" She waited briefly for the answers, complying with them quickly before talking again. "I am willing to listen to your side of things to sort things out, Advay. Blackstaff gave me what I feel is an accurate but significantly shortened version of your tale and I have some questions related to it. You claim that you are innocent of Yatin's murder, if this is true, why are you fleeing instead of trying to clear your name with the Forest Clan and the Police? My second question is whether there is truth in the beliefs of the Rock Clan that you are in possession of dangerous magics?" She looked expectantly at the man after her questions.

Link to post

Blackstaff was sure Alaynah wouldn't attempt to run as the three of them spoke. The captain knew that neither he, nor the girl would abide by it. He waited for Dreamer to be seated before sitting himself. "Just a coffee, black. Thank you." He asked politely at her offer and gave her a small nod. "Professor." He looked to Advay and gestured to the empty chair even as he sipped the coffee. It's warmth chasing off the chill the night on the river waters was trying to seep into him.

He nodded as she asked the Advay her questions. Having not asked them himself out of professionalism, he was actually thankful she asked them first. He hadn't had a reason to doubt the information he had gotten, but a straight answer from the him would settle a lot of doubts everyone had. "I think the young lady has asked the two most important questions." He said calmly. "Anything else decided here will be based on your answers." He watched Advay, waiting for the professor to answer.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

"Some tea, thank you. To-to calm the nerves," the professor says as he sits down and when the cup of tea appears, he takes it and sips from it gingerly. He continues to drink, saying nothing, as the two of you explain and question him. As you finish your questions, he stays silent for a long moment. The waves crash against the rocks of your small island.

 

He puts the emptied cup down and places his palms on top of the table, one on top of the other. 

 

"I didn't kill him, but perhaps in a way I had," he starts, voice solemn. "Him and I were always in the midst of experimentation and study of one kind or another. However, the day he died we had embarked on a major project. The details don't matter much but-- well if you want to know and to put it in simple terms, it was to path the regression of the Lemurians from beings capable of magic and science to barely sapient savages. It's a fascinating if horrid descent, and one of course unexplainable by mundane science." He shakes his head. "Forgive me. I was getting ahead of myself."

 

"But yes. We had a... disagreement on how we were to next proceed," he pauses and looks down to find the words. Then he looks back up to the two of you and steels himself. "And one thing turned into the other, and that disagreement turned into a fight. It was a petty thing but... it happened, and Yatin, I think," the professor shakes his head and clasps his hands, ""He must have stumbled or--or tripped, because the next thing I knew he had alchemical brew splashed all over him. The results were not a pretty sight."

 

He stops, takes a breath, and when he continues his voice cracks. "I ran away, of course I did. I've never seen a person die like that and-- and-- and..."

 

He adjusts his glasses. "Could-- another cup of tea would be good, please."

 

(If you do give him tea, he's going to take the time to drink it.)

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
Link to post

Blackstaff nodded thoughtfully as Advay spoke. He listened as the professor told them about the argument, about how it quickly turned deadly. As he did so, Blackstaff tried to get a sense of the man. He liked to think that anyone sensible would realize they were past the point of lying. But as an investigator he maintained a tiny bit of healthy skepticism.

When the man paused to ask for a refill, Blackstaff spoke. “Death is hardly ever pretty. I can’t fault you for running, I’ve seen it plenty of times in cases. An accident turns deadly, and out of some primal fear of death people just run.”

He sipped the last of his own coffee.

”Then, after they collect themselves, they think it’s been too long and they’ll look guilty if they come forward.”

He said apologetically. “I’m sorry, please continue.”

Link to post

The Dreamer nodded solemnly in agreement with Blackstaff's comment. She knew fear could cause people to act against their best interests, she'd seen it happen on her own world and couldn't begrudge Advay where she hadn't judged others. She took a few seconds to make the man a second glass of tea and offer the same to Blackstaff before leaning back in her seat. Her dreams skittered and flew about the island as she pondered how to proceed. "I understand what happened better now, and why you fled. Perhaps you could find a way to clear your name with the Forest Clan, even if afterwards you would still have to hide from the mundane law enforcement. The members who approached me seemed kind enough and I am sure that if you could explain then they would be understanding of your struggles and I would .be willing to vouch for you."

 

She looked to Blackstaff to see whether he agreed with her statement.

Link to post

GM

 

Advay savors the tea as he listens and when you are done, he looks up with a sigh. He at least seems to have composed himself.

 

"Excuse me for a moment, I've been wearing my charm for a while now." On his left hand is a ring, a jade stone embedded into it. He plucks it off and pockets it, and immediately you see a shimmer begin from his waist. The shimmer continues down his body, and in its wake human legs merge into and clothing melts into skin before turning scaly. Soon, he sports no legs but a single tail like a stunted snake's, but the tail continues to grow. It lengthens, snaking past your table through the rocky surface of the island. The professor slides out of his chair, small scales now encompassing the sides of his face and arms as he turns his eyes between the both of you. His pupils are slits. His tail retracts and coils under him, longer than a man is tall, the professor has to lower himself so he could be at eyelevel.

 

"Ah, much better," Advay, now very much looking like the naga he is, says with some relief.

 

 "Thank you for your understanding," he continues. "But I don't think the Forest Clan would embrace me with open arms no longer, misunderstanding or no. And it relates to your second question."

 

He takes a moment to cough lightly behind a fist.

 

"The Lemurians were an advanced civilization, beyond our world's science and magic, but perhaps it was in their hubris at that power and knowledge that led them into things we barely understand. I'm not sure they understood the forces they dealt with too, but no matter the case, they are what the young lady just called, ah, 'dangerous magics'." He pushes his glasses up, a strange gesture in a face not-quite human. "Take for instance, my friend's... demise. Or--or-- and I'm not quite sure here, but perhaps what had so degraded the Lemurians had begun to take root in Yatin's psyche."

 

His face falls into an introspective mood. "Yes, that could explain the sudden violence all those days ago. And if him, then why not me? Or perhaps it too has?" He shakes his head slowly. "Dangerous magics, and much of our research must have been taken away by those who arrived in our laboratory after I had fled. If the ECPU had taken them, unknowing of the dangers, then no doubt one of the Clans' agents must have retrieved them back. I would not doubt the lengths we would go to keep our secrets away from prying eyes."

 

"The knowledge of our research must have spread, or else why would the other Clans so take a vigorous approach for my search? Or I suppose some do believe the murderer that I am. In any case..." His face lowers as does his tail, and he sags down the table, his face cupped in his hands. "All those decades... gone just like that."

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
Link to post

Blackstaff nodded to Dreamer. “If that’s what he would like to do.” He offered as he regarded Advay, sipping his coffee as the professor made himself more ‘comfortable’.

He could sympathize. Research took a long time, and to suddenly loose so much of it would be hard on a man like him. Glancing over at the professor’s boxes on the deck of the Red Summer, he could only imagine how much the man had been forced to leave behind. And perhaps more importantly, just how potentially dangerous what he brought with him must be.

”You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. We could just as likely be sitting here with him, instead of you. But you are the one in the here and now.”

Blackstaff set his cup down and leaned over to pay the naga’s arm.

”Whatever you decide to do there will be consequences. That said...” He looked across at Dreamer. “Things are in a rather volatile state right now. Perhaps it’s best the professor keeps his head down until tempers cool and things settle down? In time, maybe he return and give his case without fear.”

Link to post

The Dreamer doesn't even blink at the transformation, and instead mirrored Blackstaff's attempt at comforting the Naga. "Based on what you have said, if the magic was at fault for Yatin's behaviour then there was now way you could have known and no true way to have protected yourselves. I know all to well that some powerful magics have unintended side effects that can be dangerous to those around you. Sometimes the best we can do is learn from what happened and be thankful that we are safe." She met Blackstaff's eyes across the table, nodding. in agreement. "I will admit to having less experience with such things, but his advice seems sound. Whatever course of action you choose I am willing to support you within reason."

Link to post

GM

 

"I..." The professor starts, then pauses as Blackstaff pats his arm. "Like you said, laying low does sound like the smart thing to do." Then he nods the The Dreamer's way. "In addition to general thankfulness, you have my gratitude for your understanding. Yes, delving deep into the unknown is an endeavour that could cost the ultimate price. It's a risk and a sacrifice, which I now had been witness to."

 

He gives a deep sigh and runs his fingers through his hair. "Of course, I do hope to keep in touch when I need of your services once more. I've given Christopher here my bennu and no doubt it could be used as creature-bond to me. But that is far into the uncertain future," he shakes his head slowly. "I only wish to get through the night in one piece. And if I find the path to that happens to be sharing tea on an island in the middle of a river, then so be it."

 

He exhales and nods, satisfied. And he looks to The Dreamer then Blackstaff, his eyebrows quirking up behind his spectacles. "But I still need to ask straight, could I leave or are there more queries I could help clarify?"

 

Behind him, you can see the silhouettes of the Red Summer gently rocking with the lapping of the waves. On the deck are four figures scattered about. One lights up a cigarette, the orange glow incandescent among the shadows.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
Link to post

Blackstaff listened intently, as he did, a few things started to come to his attention, and judging by the subtle changes on Dreamer’s face she noticed it to. The professor believed what he was saying but there was something else, something he wasn’t saying.

 

Blackstaff nodded and offered a friendly smile. “I think we can have you on your way again shortly.” He sipped his tea then added. “I do have one more question though, if you don’t mind. There’s something you’re not telling us.” He tried to not sound accusatory, but rather concerned. “Something to do with the Forest Clan specifically. You’re afraid of them, for obvious reasons. But there’s something else. If you tell us, maybe we can help. “

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

The Dreamer nodded to Blackstaff after he talked, picking up after he left off. "Between Blackstaff and I it is almost certain that we could manage to aid you, and if there is something rotten within the Forest Clan that causes your apprehension at the idea of seeking justice it may be causing similar grief to others. Fear is natural and nothing to be ashamed of Advay, but if you let it prevent you from taking action then you have truly lost. Given the nature of your previous study you seem not to be given to fear easily, which makes it all the more concerning to me that you would hesitate. Please let us help you with this, especially if it may also help others." She took a breath, quietly refilling their drinks as she did so, her dream creatures growing denser.

 

"Doing nothing when some dark happening is going on is the same as being for the side of wrong in the end, and I of course cannot speak for any but myself but that sounds far too dire for me. Hence, I intend to do something. If you would satisfy my curiosity, what do you intend to do?" She eyed the pair of men with her as she finished, focusing particularly on Advay as she took a sip of her tea.

Edited by Kaede Kimura
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

GM

 

The professor sets his eyes on The Dreamer and does not react outwardly, seeming to consider her words carefully as she speaks. Then when she finishes, still he does not answer, thoughtfully resting his chin on the ridges of his knuckles.

 

There is none of that bumbling, nervous academic behind his spectacles you realize.

 

No, it is more cold, calculating. Almost serpent-like one could say, more than just the slit pupils that lock on to The Dreamer. The professor flicks them to Blackstaff, then back without a word, but then slowly, his lips spread into a smile. There is no warmth in the expression.

 

"You ask, and so I will answer as I promised." He sighs then lays his hands, palms down, on the table. "What, exactly, do any of you truly know about the Lemurians? Whom those ignorant call Serpent People? I will tell you then, and listen for this lecture is crucial."

 

He begins with the Serpent Empire, centered on the island continent of Lemuria, which was old even before modern humans had appeared. They were the masters of the world, the powers of both science and magic at their fingertips, but arrogant in their might, they allowed the seeds of a small threat grow into their greatest foe: the Empire of Atlantis. The two ancient empires hated each other as mortal foes would and only the destruction of the other could sate their hatred. It mattered not who initiated the war, but soon the whole world was aflame so intense and pervasive the conflict was. Armies marched across continents, navies sailed through the seas. Spells were cast that reshaped the landscape for centuries to come.

 

In the end, Lemuria sank beneath the waves and, in time, so did Atlantis. In seeking the other's demise, they had only found mutual destruction. Most Lemurians and Atlanteans perished in their respective catastrophes, but some lucky few survived, left to wander Sub-Terra or the open seas, made to scavenge and degenerate into primitive tribes. The brightest minds who survived - renowned thinkers, explorers, scientists, and philosophers - were preserved in stasis, breathing but not truly alive. Once they had awakened, they were to usher the remnants of the Lemurians back into the height of empire. 

 

Or so that was the hope.

 

In one of those preservation sites, one by one, through thousands of years, the relic-machines and the wards that kept them alive began to fail. Until there were only two left alive when they were awakened by some unknown trigger, who found their contemporaries, friends and family mere bones after many millenia in death.

 

"We emerged from the jungles of West Bengal and made our way to Kolkota, learning and surviving in this new world where humans, a species we previously cared not one whit about, had dominated the world the my people's absence. Soon, we made our way to the United States, drawn towards the magical properties the city had been built over." Advay sits easily on his tail, as if he were recounting his last vacation rather than the story of his new life. "The forest clan contacted us, but they only knew us as Naga, never our true identities. Until now that is."

 

The Lemurian's lips twitch in faint amusement as he stares at the night sky, empty of stars from the city lights. "As to what I intend to do, my dear. Why, that is simple. I will return when I am prepared and take what is rightfully mine from thieves and crooks. That is the way the world works when one hides in the shadows."

 

His gaze returns back down to The Dreamer then to Blackstaff. "If I may query the both of you now. What is it that you intend to do? Each of you offered your help. Is it still extended?"

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
Link to post

Blackstaff watched the professor’s demeanor change as if, well... if one would pardon the pun, as if he was shedding a skin.

As his client began to weave his tale, Blackstaff found himself drawn in. He had never dug into the stories of these ancient races and so many conflicting rumors rendered anything he heard unreliable at best. He was fascinated by something so near as a firsthand accounting.

There was a silence that hung in the air around the table when Advay finished. Blackstaff stared at the serpent, his gaze shifted to Dreamer for a moment then back at the professor. He leaned back in his chair and steepled his fingers in thought before he spoke.

”You are still my client.” He started. “At least until I can get you out of the city. I don’t normally appreciate being deceived, but in your case I think it can be understood. I will still vouch for you that what happened was a horrible accident and petition to clear you of blame.” He leaned forward and rested he forearms on the table, fingers lanced. “After that, you’re free to do as you please. I’ve never promoted revenge and I’m no hitman. But the finding and recovery of what’s been lost is within my chosen fields. If I can help without causing undue harm, my office is open.”

He pauses to make sure Advay understands. His tone and posture softens a bit as he adds.

”You’re a man out of time and without a home. The world has change and I hope you can find peace one day.”

He hesitates before asking.

”What of the other sites? Were there any other survivors?”

Link to post

The Dreamer listened quietly as Advay spun his tale. She knew all too well the isolation of being the last of one's kind given that she was the same. Her lips tightened as she contemplated his intended plan.

 

"I would like to say that I cannot condone revenge, but I admit... I am the last of my own people, my world was attacked by another Earth after calamity struck and then again by Omega, who claimed victory. I am self aware enough to know that if offered the chance at revenge against those who destroyed my home I would take it without hesitation."

 

She looked firmly at Advay. "I will also aid you in your escape, and would not be opposed to aiding you seeking revenge provided you agree to avoid harm to innocents. And maybe one day you will come to find a place where you no longer need to hide in the shadows." She nodded to Blackstaff and waited for Advay to answer his question before adding one last comment herself. "If we find a suitable place for you to hide I could use my powers to construct a residence for you as well as furnishings if you so desire."

Link to post
Posted (edited)

GM

 

Blackstaff states his decision and offers his services as a private investigator. Advay hums thoughtfully at all this, offering a small smile at the private investigator's consolations. "Thank you, Cristopher. I would rate your services quite highly if there was a way to do so. Perhaps twice now your cool head and abilities have kept me out of captivity, and for that I'd pay the Bennu thrice over if I could."

 

He slips the jade stone around a finger, and slowly his tail retracts, seamlessly turning back into human legs. His scales fade into his dark skin and his pupils soften into orbs.

 

Amid the transformation, Advay turns his eyes to The Dreamer, "I won't presume to know the entirety of your story, Heir, nor why you've found yourself employing Alaynah for her smuggling service same as I, but I can presume this. Now we both know what it is like to be alone among others. As odd as it may sound, there are many others like us out there and the Clans do provide a common area to meet them and know that there are others like us within easy distance. That way is barred from me now but perhaps it could help you, if you still wish to return to Emerald City." He pats the Dreamer's arm comfortingly, then takes out his specctacles to clean them.

 

"And to your offer for residence, I do believe Alaynah already has a safehouse or two in mind. And while amenities would be nice, I'm no stranger to spartan living and worse." He flashes a smile as he returns his spectacles. He rises from his seat. "Jungles and mountaintops and swamps gives one perspective on modern comfort. I've had to endure all of that to find what became of the other preservation sites."

 

He shrugs, a hint of sadness in his eye that quickly vanishes. "The locations of the preservation sites was kept secret from each other, but through our investigations Yatin and I have uncovered a fair few. Ruins, like ours. Some even have the locals attribute superstitions and monsters, imagined or otherwise, that come from things they do not understand. Far as we can tell, we are the only survivors from our time."

 

There is a pause as the wind sighs for Advay. Then the professor nods with a finality and gestures to the Red Summer. "Should we then?"

 

***

 

Alaynah and crew quickly stand to attention as your trio steps on the boat's deck. You see them warily gauging you. Understandable, but they know they could do nothing to stop any action either one of you chooses. At last, Alaynah smothers the end of her cigarette and steps forward, looking at The Dreamer then Blackstaff with her one good eye.

 

"Okay, Heir. Suppose Daye's following your lead. What now?"

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
Link to post

“You know professor, someday maybe we can sit down and talk again. Under more favorable conditions of course. I’m sure I could learn lot.” Christopher stood and waited for Heir before the three headed back towards the Red Summer. At the boat Alaynah seemed to assess the two of them.

 

On 3/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, Zeitgeist Blue said:

"Okay, Heir. Suppose Daye's following your lead. What now?"

 

He looked over at the girl and merely raised an eyebrow as he gave her a friendly smile and nodded to her. 

Link to post

The Dreamer smiled sadly at Advay, as he talked, accepting the advice stoically. Before they left their seats she spoke up. "Given your own honesty I should provide some of my own. I am not called Heir, although I would appreciate it if you continued to call me such while we are around Alaynah and her crew. My actual name is The Dreamer, and my birth name is Adrianna Liddel. I apologize for the deception."

 

With that she made her way back to the ship, pleased to have cleared the air. She held back from glaring at Alaynah, it weighs be unbecoming of her to show ire when she herself now wanted to do the exact same thing as they had. "We get Advay away from Emerald City to safety."

Link to post
Posted (edited)

GM

 

Quote

“You know professor, someday maybe we can sit down and talk again. Under more favorable conditions of course. I’m sure I could learn lot.”

Quote

The Dreamer smiled sadly at Advay, as he talked, accepting the advice stoically. Before they left their seats she spoke up. "Given your own honesty I should provide some of my own. I am not called Heir, although I would appreciate it if you continued to call me such while we are around Alaynah and her crew. My actual name is The Dreamer, and my birth name is Adrianna Liddel. I apologize for the deception.

 

"I--" Advay says, momentarily taken aback. He inclines his head in acknowledgement. "Thank you for your trust. Though there is no need to apologize. Tonight has been full of deceptions. A necessity, pitiful, but it seems this is how the world works."

 

Then he gives a rueful smile to Blackstaff. "Under more favorable conditions. Yes, that would be nice if I ever return at such a time, or if I'm ever in need of a investigator of magical means in my travels. Have you ever been in true wilderness? Fascinating."

 

***

 

On the Red Summer, as if she had been holding her breath, Alaynah sighs at The Dreamer's decision.

 

"Okay, good." Her voice says, crisp and business-like. She turns to her crew. "Mixnus, escort the doctor back to his cabin. Nixnus, warm the engines up. Zach, check over your charm again. We need it tight."

 

The crew get to work quickly, descending down the hatch to the lower deck of the ship. One of the gargoyles steps over to the professor and waves him towards the hatch. Advay himself immediately shuffles over, pushing his spectacles up his nose. "Why I hope we won't have any more excitement tonight," he says with a chatter-like quality you know is fake. "Don't think my noggin could take anymore bandages." He laughs nervously.

 

"Don't worry, professor" Alaynah replies. "We triple-checked our charms while you were talking, and found the weak link that let a combined River-Sea Clan spell walk through the backdoor. It'll be smooth sailing from here on out." 

 

Alaynah watches the professor descend down the hatch, and when it was only her and the two of you above deck, she finally spoke. "So this is it, huh? Don't take it you need any help getting out of this rock, Heir?"

 

"Daye, you coming to the teleport point to watch us leave or are you staying with her?"

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
Link to post
2 hours ago, Zeitgeist Blue said:

Then he gives a rueful smile to Blackstaff. "Under more favorable conditions. Yes, that would be nice if I ever return at such a time, or if I'm ever in need of a investigator of magical means in my travels. Have you ever been in true wilderness? Fascinating."

Christopher chuckles and smiles.

”Not much, but I am willing to to travel as needed.”
 

***
 

Christopher looked at Adrianna.

”He is my client, and it would be unprofessional of me to abandon him before he’s safely away. Will you be okay? I could call you an ride.”

He offers, even as he digs a card out of his pocket and holds it out to her.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

GM

 

Alaynah nods at Blackstaff's answer and steps to the side to let him pass. She looks at The Dreamer warily, lips pressed thinly together. Though she seems like she's about to say something, after a moment she shakes her head. There aren't anymore words left to say.

 

In a few minutes the Red Summer is cutting through the river, the evening lights of the city reflecting off its camo-green painted hull. It progressively gets smaller as it leaves the Emerald Cities behind, and soon it is swallowed up by the horizon and the darkness in the open sea beyond.

 

Blackstaff accompanies them on their first portal jump off the coasts of Hawaii, a few clicks away from the city of Honolulu. Then after riding off in the waves, the Red Summer makes its next jump, and another one after that. A few hours later, Blackstaff is dropped off on the fourth, somewhere near the Port of Santos in Brazil, assured that he could easily teleport back to Emerald City. His part in helping Professor Advay escape the search of the Clans finished, Blackstaff watches as the Red Summer leaves him too, ready to teleport to its final destination somewhere in South America.

 

The day after, The Dreamer is contacted again by the agents of the Forest Clan, nothing as time-intensive as their apartment visit and tour the first time. Vicente Cruz, the shapeshifter, calls The Dreamer's number and asks how her investigation went. He accepts her answer readily enough, not expecting anything more. He invites her over to a Forest Clan get-together for those within the city before ending the call.

 

He seemed friendly enough, though that is not a surprise. After all, most people stay polite and friendly when speaking to others, never showing what lurks beneath the surface. Their true emotions, their deepest fears, their blinding hatred, their old sins.

 

People, eh? What can you do?

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...