Power Level: 10 (151 pp)

Unspent PP: 1

Characters Name: Chill Out

Alternate Identity: Arthur Roberts

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 176

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue

Description: A tall, and thin man in his early 20s. His head is shaved bald. His costume consists of white spandex with blue stripes. The upper half of his head is covered by a mask.

History: Arthur started his life of crime as just another gang member. With one parent drinking and one gambling (and losing), being a gang member was a great focus for his anger. Soon he was on the radar of the mysterious Mr. White who recruited him to his expanding crime empire.

It was in Mr. White's service that Arthur was told to go beat up some guy that owed him money. That guy turned out to be his father. Arthur was in great doubt about what to do, but he felt that Mr. White had treated him better than his own father had ever done, so he beat his father within an inch of his life.

As a gift for his loyalty, Arthur were given his powers in a weird experiment. At first, Arthur found being the villain Chill Out great. Robbing a couple of banks, evading some do gooder in a cape. For the next year or so, Chill Out worked for Mr. White, doing his every bidding. He had a few scraps with other heroes, and even a few other villains (they can be so possessive some times), but most would probably rate him just another B-list villain.

But the fact that he had beaten his father nagged on his conscience, and when he overheard a conversation Mr. White had on the phone about how Arthur were the first test subject to survive, he snapped. He realized that Mr. White only used him for his own gain, and didn't care about him at all.

Arthur left the gang, but not before taking some evidence that would get Mr. White behind bars. Ever since he's tried to be heroic, though he's rash and prone to short cuts which hasn't made him overly popular yet. He tries hard to make up for what he's got, but he has his doubt, and the right person would probably turn him back to his villainous ways. Mr. White on the other hand, is currently in jail, plotting his revenge on Arthur.

Power Description: Chill Out could see by the colors that the kids were all members of his old gang. He lowered the temperature of the area, and soon could see the gangers breath in the cold air. The sudden cold seemed to make them all on edge. Then he announced his arrival by shooting a blast of pure ice at the biggest ganger, knocking him out. Seeing, Chill Out, all the gangers started running away, live to fight another day.

Chill Out smiled, this was the perfect opportunity to test out a new trick, by freezing the ground in front of them, making them slow down or risk falling down. Then as they began changing direction he created an area of hail and snow blocking their vision. Soon one guy came out on the other side, determined to get away. But as he began to run again, he stopped dead at his track. Looking down he could see that Arthur had frozen his legs to the ground, and he wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

One of the gang members decided he had enough and drew a gun at Chill Out, but as he did, Chill Out's skin turned white as ice, and the bullets bounced off harmlessly. Last thing he saw before he passed out was Chill Out's icy blast hitting him in the face.

Blast: Ice flies from his outstrecth hands to hit targets.

Environment Control: The ground ices up causing people to slow their movement.

Obscure: Causes hail and snow to fall, blocking the sight of anyone within the area.

Force Field: Chill Out's Skin changes to white as ice when attacks hit him.

Snare: Chill Out freezes appendages to surfaces, causing icecles to form along them, trapping them in place.

Stats: Cost 26

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat: Cost 32

Attack:+8 (melee), +10 (Ranged)

Grapple: +12

Defense:+10 (+4 flat-footed)

Knockback: -5

Initiative: +3

Saves: Cost 23

Toughness: +10/+2 without force field

Fort +10 (+2 Dex, +8)

Reflex: +10 (+3 Dex, +7)

Will: +10 (+2 Wis, +8)

Skills: Cost 11

Acrobatics 4 (+7)

Bluff 4 (+6)

Drive 6 (+9)

Gather Information 4 (+6)

Intimidate 4 (+6)

Knowledge (Streetwise) 6 (+8)

Notice 4 (+6)

Search 4 (+6)

Sense Motive 4 (+6)

Stealth 4 (+7)

Feats: Cost 8

All-Out Attack

Attack Focus (Ranged) [2]

Dodge Focus [2]

Power Attack

Precise Shot [2]

Powers: Cost 50

Cold Control 10 (Extras: Selective Attack) 34 pp

AP: Blast (Cold) 10

AP: Environmental Control 10 (Hamper Movement)

AP: Obscure 2 (Visual)

AP: Snare 10

Force Field 8 (Extras: Impervious; Cost: 16)

Drawbacks:

None

DC Block:

ATTACKS --- SAVE DC --- DAMAGE TYPE

Blast --- Tough DC 25 --- Cold Blast

Costs: Abilities (26) + Combat (32) + Saves (23) + Skills (11) + Feats (8) + Powers (50) - Drawbacks (0) = Total Cost 150 / 151

A few quick points that need to be fixed.

Force field 7 plus Con 14(+2) only gives a Toughness of +9 not +10.

Could you rewrite your powers to fit the format of other characters?

Main Power ranks (Extras: XX;Flaws: XX;PF: XX) cost

AP:Alternate power ranks (Extras: XX;Flaws: XX;PF: XX)

Could you rewrite your Skills to fit the format of the other characters as well?

Skill name ranks (+total)

On another note, are you sure you want your force field to be ablative? With only 7pps spent on it, it's going to become useless fairly quickly.

In the background, a few questions, how visible was Chill Out as a villian? Was he very active? How long was he a villian before turning to heroic duty?

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll blame it all on being new :P

Anyway, changed the formating. Elaborated the background, new information is in red. I also removed Ablative. I originally thought about it as an ice armor that would slowly chip away until he puts it back up. To pay for his new, more expansive, force field, I dropped some skills, lowered the saves a bit and dropped int from 16 to 14 (don't know why I had it that high in the first place).

Okay, your powers need to be recalculated.

Cold control 10 with 4 APS cost 44pps.

Force Field (Imprevious) 8 costs 16pps for a total of 60pps.

Abilities 26pps + Combat 32pps + Saves 23pps + Skills 12pps + Feats 10pps + Powers 60pps = 163pps

So something has to change.

Actually the error is that Cold Control costs 2 points per rank, not 4. So it would be 24 points, if I understand the rules correctly. This would leave me at 143 points. So I took an extra on the cold control power and removed 3 points from some other places. I think it should all be in order now :)

Is this what you were looking for, or should I write something a bit more scientifically?

Chill Out could see by the colors that the kids were all members of his old gang. He lowered the temperature of the area, and soon could see the gangers breath in the cold air. The sudden cold seemed to make them all on edge. Then he announced his arrival by shooting a blast of pure ice at the biggest ganger, knocking him out. Seeing, Chill Out, all the gangers started running away, live to fight another day.

Chill Out smiled, this was the perfect opportunity to test out a new trick, by freezing the ground in front of them, making them slow down or risk falling down. Then as they began changing direction he created an area of hail and snow blocking their vision. Soon one guy came out on the other side, determined to get away. But as he began to run again, he stopped dead at his track. Looking down he could see that Arthur had frozen his legs to the ground, and he wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

One of the gang members decided he had enough and drew a gun at Chill Out, but as he did, Chill Out's skin turned white as ice, and the bullets bounced off harmlessly. Last thing he saw before he passed out was Chill Out's icy blast hitting him in the face.

Is this what you were looking for, or should I write something a bit more scientifically?

Chill Out could see by the colors that the kids were all members of his old gang. He lowered the temperature of the area, and soon could see the gangers breath in the cold air. The sudden cold seemed to make them all on edge. Then he announced his arrival by shooting a blast of pure ice at the biggest ganger, knocking him out. Seeing, Chill Out, all the gangers started running away, live to fight another day.

:oops: Actually I was looking for something more simpler. For example:

Blast: Ice flies from his outstrecth hands to hit targets.

Environment Control: The ground ices up causing people to slow their movement.

Obscure: Causes hail and snow to fall, blocking the sight of anyone within the area.

Force Field: Chill Out's Skin changes to white as ice when attacks hit him.

Snare: Chill Out freezes appendages to surfaces, causing icecles to form along them, trapping them in place.

However, the above is very good and does the same thing. I pulled the simple version from the descriptive post you made. Adding either would work to the character sheet.

• 5 months later...