Lessons to Learn

I bet you are.” Luke grinned at the dark haired boy. “Anyone els-” 

Ok. I can bring it back Prof.” He chuckled, closed his eyes again for just a moment and there they were, back in the classroom. “Like we never left.

And my bet is… All your powers are awesome.” He gave the class a wide smile before his attention could shift back to Mr. Parker. 

Well, I’m kinda new to Claremont, but sure thing” He shrugged. Whatever. 

As for a typical day… Well… Wake up early. Do mornin jog. Breakfast. Play a light prank to certain dorm mate…” The young man explained playfully. “Ups maybe I shouldn’t have said that.

Anyway, then Class… That by the way is great, feels  like we are really learning somethin’ useful there. If you know what I mean.” 

And PE is definitely somethin’” He smirked again. “That leaves the evening for superhero stuff and the night for some fun.

Shift resumed her earlier female form, and listened with amusement as Luke described his day, which was not entirely normal as far as the robot could tell. "Another important part of our day is doing homework, just like you! Once our homework is done, then we have time to ourselves. Homework isn't always fun, but it's important for learning."

Shift's Claremont uniform rippled and reconfigured into a lab coat, complete with wraparound safety goggles and gloves. "My favorite subject is science! I like to learn how things work and what makes things go."

Edited by Heritage

"Oh yeah right and homework too." Luke lowered his eyes 'innocently' a smirk still on his lips. "They are super important." Yeah... maybe? He would have to admit that despite the change of school his grades hadn't exactly improved... 

"Mine is..." Well, he couldn't say PE right? They were there to give the kids a good impression to the kids after all. "Well it's history I think, if we are speaking about normal, non superhero kind of stuff." Yeah that would do.

GM

"Science and history? Booooring!" one of the kids called out from the back of the class. "I thought you were cool! You're a robot and a dragon, and you're talking about science and history classes? That's just boring."

One would be forgiven for not having noticed the kid before, with everyone else having reached the two young heroes in record times, but then again, it was like he had just arrived. He was short, wore a three blue t-shirt with yellow stars and pants in the same opposite pattern. His hair was stark white on one side, black on the other, split equally in the middle of his face.

"C'mon, you guys are supposed to be cool! Tell us about the really cool things at Claremont! C'mon!"

Shift frowned slightly as she gave quick, uncertain looks at Luke and Mr. Powers as her school uniform returned. "Well, Claremont is still a school, so we still have to do homework. But it's true, that's not all we do. We practice using our powers, both on our own and working together." She swallowed, a truly unnecessary gesture she'd picked up living among humans. "Do you not like doing your homework?"

This was strange. Lucas did not remember this kid. This was very strange, as Lucas had his mother’s perfect memory. He remember being born. Though he still didn’t understand what all the hubbub was about then. He’d been having the single worst day of his short life at the time. It took over a year for him to adjust to…you know, gravity, hunger, pain, sleepiness...the stuff of life. It was probably best to be subtle about this. His teacher knew about his memory, so a subtle question would get his point across very effectively. “Mr. Powers?” He said, raising his hand. “Who is that?” He pointed to the boy who had just spoken.

You do?” Luke gave Shift an incredulous chuckle. “I mean, yeah of course, you need that stuff. Obviously.” 

But come on, it’s a superhero school, of course we train for hero stuff too. Dunno we learn how to fight.”

Without causing any collateral damage.” He added shortly thereafter in a much less triumphant tone. Then again, yeah he was there mostly to learn how to do that so…

We have like this super cool training room with like solid holograms you can do some pretty crazy shit in….”

Spaceman

Who was that kid? 

Parked was distracted from the class for the moment. He hadn't even noticed until Lucas brought up the point. The kids hadn't noticed anything unusual, but why would they? They didn't know the class. But Parker hadn't seen the kid around either, and why would he be here in the first place? 

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I've seen you around here before. Are you sure you're in the right class? What's your name, son?"

GM

The boy stood up straight.

"Sir, yes, sir!"  He made a quick salute, then approached, marching down towards the young heroes.

He smiled. The stars on his shirt slowly shifted, twisting and turning until they instead showed a big Q.

"My name is Quirk, and we're going to have some fun!"

Hey that’s a cool power man.” Luke smiled at the kid. His words though? They did sound kinda threatening didn’t they?

"Quirk?" He raised his eyebrows. Was he expected to know him or something?

And of course we are.” His tone though, wasn’t as enthusiastic as before. Yeah, plus the teacher didn’t know him. That was definitely weird. What the hell was going on? The kid didn’t look like much, but then again, neither did he look like a 12ft tall lizard and yet… In this world of theirs, anything was possible.