Rough cut diamonds

Tiffany Korta

Madame Raven

Callie was more than happy to let Charlie take the lead on the interrogation, she could do it pretty well but always on the verge of giggles at how silly her intimidating voice sounded to herself. The sirens bought to her attention that she shouldn’t really here, and she didn’t want to get in trouble with older her.

I can’t been seen around the cops, you’re welcome to stay and hand there two over though. I’ll just wait up there for you.”

Pointing up she fired off her grapple and disappeared in the upper reaches of the building, merging into the shadow to wait for her fellow cowl.

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermore II

"Magpie?" Charlie asked, a small laugh in his voice.

Really, Magpie? That was... kinda weird. He couldn't help but wonder if she had any relation to the old guy, or just liked the name.

He looked after Callie for a second... then reached into his belt and pulled out a pen and paper, quickly scribbling WE'RE BAD AT THIS WHOLE ROBBERY THING, PLEASE PUT US IN JAIL, placing it on the guy's upside down chest and then firing a grappling line up into the rafters to follow Callie.

Landing up near her, he merged into the shadows alongside her. He really wasn't supposed to be out here either, but, y'know... Callie didn't need to know that. Just made him look a bit cooler if she thought that Alek let him go out on his own.

"So, Magpie, huh? I'm pretty sure the old one was a guy. Guess you got your own legacy bad guy!"

• 3 weeks later...

Madame Raven

Sitting brooding was obviously something that was genetic what with how Callie was crouched watching the police arrive. She’d expected some push back from some legacy villains, it must be easy for them to assume that she was just the last Raven returned. She didn’t encourage it, her older self wouldn’t approve, but she didn’t discourage it either. She hadn’t expected a legacy villain of her own quite so soon though.

Should have known really, he was a teleporter as well. That's going to be a real pain to pin her down.” she looked over at Nevermore and smiled, it was also pretty cool to get a villain of her own “Guess we’re going to have to come up with something resembling a plan then?”

Nevermore II

Charlie hadn't dealt with anybody that could teleport before, but he had run some wargames. They needed to catch her unaware, right?

"We gotta catch her off guard if we're gonna have a chance before she pops out again, right?" Charlie asked. His mind was already racing. "Got my drones. They're not easy to spot, we'll use them to look ahead." They had to make sure she didn't run the moment she spotted them. "My snares won't work. We gotta make sure she doesn't move. We gotta hit her hard and fast, keep her off balance. Unless we figure out how her powers work, if she needs line of sight to where she goes or whatever, the best bet is taking her down before she tries anything. I got my stun staff, I got some ravenrangs and I can bind her. I kinda doubt tying her up is gonna help any."

• 4 weeks later...

Madame Raven

Callie had inherited her fathers tactical mind and as such she’d considered several options, none of them really simple, really they needed the help of a tech hero but by then the woman would have probably bailed. Besides if this was her own nemesis then she really should go after her herself.

We should probably start by scouting out the area first, time is a wasting.” she grinned before adding “Race you to the area?”

Not waiting she began to swing off, getting a head start on her corvid related friend.

Nevermore II

Again?

Charlie couldn't help but grin at Callie as she raced off.

Yeah, yeah, alright. She wanted a race, he'd give her a race.

Grapple line fired, he swung after Callie, going into a deep swing and bringing himself high up above her then releasing and spreading out his wings to fly past her Callie from above. She was good, but she was using outdated tech. He would have to do something about that later, right?

"Come on, I thought you were fast!" he shouted from above.

• 1 month later...

GM Post

Warehouse off 12th Avenue

Tucked below the High Line was a collection of various warehouse and storages place where people could store things without any major questions. Mostly it was involved with the train yard that was only a few meters away. It was also a good place to lay low if you didn’t have a chance to escape Manhattan Island.

At the moment one of these building held a young teleporter that was trying to avoid the two capes that had easily captured her two, admittedly stupid partners.

The said teen, currently in a police interview room rolled her eyes, and would have crossed her arms if she wasn’t cuffed.

Boy do you love the sound of your own voice, you must love that whole noir crap.”

Calliope smiled but said nothing, the girl had no idea how close she was

Okay, okay, I’ll continue…”

Madame Raven

Callie hadn’t expected to win, but the workout of travelling around the city was worth in itself. She would have to get herself on of those gliders things or a jet. Maybe she could borrow Calliope’s there must be one stashed somewhere in the apartment block.

She perched on the roof of a building overlooking the warehouse, going quickly over the options available to them. Quick and effective would be there best option right now. And whilst she was a good improviser Charlie had all the best toys. The Raven family kitted itself out with everything they could need in a situation.

All my good gear got taken away, you have anything suitable for this situation?”

• 1 month later...

Nevermore II

"I got some drones."

Charlie reached into his toolbelt and pulled out a small raven shaped device. It hovered above his hand for a moment. Then, he pulled out a few others and sent them along.

"I bet she'll bolt the moment she spots us, but these guys are small and silent, plus they tend to blend in. How's that?"

Images were already starting to appear in his HUD, showing him what the drones were seeing.

• 3 months later...

GM Post

The little drone had to zip around a darkened are full with racks full of various metal widgets, obviously this little criminal gang has borrowed this local. With spot of light and darkness it was somewhere chosen to make it difficult to keep tabs on someone. Especially someone who could teleport.

The said person was in a small are off to one side of the warehouse decorated with a modern looking television and games station, probably not something the little group had purchased legibility.

She was pacing the are rather impatiently, probably waiting to see if her partners in crimes would return shortly. How long before she bailed to get lost in the city no one could tell, but time was probably running short.

• 1 month later...

Nevermore II

"Lots of stuff in there. Probably whatever they've stolen."

Charlie made sure to keep the drone in the shadows, out of sight. She'd be gone in a second if she spotted it.

"She's all alone right now, looks like she's waiting. We should probably hurry before she does her little vanishing act."

He looked over to Callie, then motioned with his head.

"We get in there, I get her attention, you knock her out before she pops away? How's that sound?"

Madame Raven

Callie considered the plan for a few seconds, simple but effective the best kind of plan in her mind. It wasn’t in her manner to offer changes just for the sake of it, she wasn’t about any kind of power plays or something like this. Besides she thought of something that might improve Charlie’s plan.

If she’s anything like most teleporters she’ll need to see where she’s going. I have some home made smoke bombs that should work…”

She was fairly confident that it would work, 90% sure at least...

• 2 weeks later...