Think Fast! (IC)

The group settled on meeting over the weekend at the Ocean Heights Amusement Park, a place often frequented by Claremont students. (It helped that Eira and Pan were both 18, at least theoretically, and so had more freedom than the younger students.) Since it was easier than finding a place to land, Eira chose to arrive by the means of taking the bus, riding by herself. That was easy enough when you projected the aura of palpable disdain she did today, ring through her nose and pentagrams in her ears, blue hair arranged short and spiky, dark makeup around her eyes and a scowl on her pretty face as she listened to loud pumping music through headphones she didn't actually need. When she stepped off the bus, she stuck her hands in her bulky jacket pockets and walked away from the bus stop towards the amusement park, keeping her pale blue eyes peeled for the boys - and for any other opportunities. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pan would of course object very much to the idea that he was 18 and not 16, but he had to admit that it had some perks to be thought of as older than he was.

He had flown to the amusement park. What better way to travel, after all? High above the street on a streak of golden dust, he flew in full costume, only letting the pixie dust wash over him once he landed, revealing an open denim jacket, an emerald green t-shirt with scattered white feathers and a pair of jeans underneath his uniform.

He spotted Eira before she saw him, quickly moving closer, spreading his arms out to the sides to greet her. "Hello, hello!" Moving in close, he quickly wrapped his arms around her in a hug, before looking around. "Seen any of our two sidekicks yet?"

The Ryde driver gave the pair a skeptical look as they responded to the app’s notification, but seemed the  relax a bit when Leon told them they were heading to Ocean Heights. A pair of kids from a private school heading to the amusement park on the weekend seemed normal enough.

Leon made small talk as he and Luke rode. The subject of what kind of prank to play on Sebastian coming up at least once, with Leon suggesting things like replacing all of his clothes with thrift store hand-me-downs to moving his bed into the courtyard with him still in it. Though he’d admit he didn’t know how they’d pull off the latter.

The car pulled up to the park’s entrance somewhere around 10ish. Luke could see Leon pull a couple single dollar bills and a twenty from his pocket. He looked at them for a moment then counted out the singles, putting the twenty back in his pocket. He handed the bills to the driver who smiled and thanked them as Leon got out of the car. If he looks, Luke could see the driver holding twenties instead of singles, happily stuffing some rich kids money into this pocket.

Wearing jeans and a Rage against the Machine tee Leon stuffed his hands into the pockets of the realistic looking zipped jacket that spotted a strange little patch. Almost like the Deathly Hollows but not quite. “Ah, smell that? Smells like freedom and chili dogs.” He mused with a grin as he inhaled the breeze coming off the water. He looks back at Luke. “Ready for some fun?” He asks before turning to look around for their ‘chaperones’.

Not as hard as it looks, I mean, how much could he weight right?” Yeah he could probably lift the whole bed with one arm and he was pretty light on his feet.

The driver had already given him a few side glances during their ride, after all, Luke didn’t exactly have the appearance of a private school kid, with the tank top showing the tats on his arms, ruined jeans and worn sneakers. Whatever. #Not my problem. Besides they had way more 'important' stuff to discuss.

There was absolutely no doubt that Sebastian was gonna get pranked, sooner rather than later. Maybe a classic? Cover the room in plastic cups, the content depending on how cruel they felt, replace his shampoo with baby oil (or hair dye), hide a bunch of alarm clocks in his room. Plus there was everything that could be done with a bunch of duct tape or shaving foam…  “And that’s just if we wanna be nice.” Yeah and with superpowers? There was an entire world of possibilities.

Really man?” Luke chuckled and gave Leon an high-five after their ride was out of sight, although there was a hint of jealousy in his eyes. “You got to teach me that trick one of these days.” Yeah like if it was actually possible... 

Born ready.” The young man smirked.

Hey whose sidekick exactly?” Luke smirked as he caught the gist of the conversation of the two fellow Claremonters who were waiting for them close to the Ocean Heights park. Wasn’t hard to spot them among the crowd right? Especially given the guy’s choice of attire. That said, it did look like every cute girl in school already got a date didn't it? That was definitely a shame... Again. Whatever. They were there to have fun nothing more.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:21 PM, Nerdzul said:

Hey whose sidekick exactly?” Luke smirked as he caught the gist of the conversation of the two fellow Claremonters who were waiting for them close to the Ocean Heights park. Wasn’t hard to spot them among the crowd right? Especially given the guy’s choice of attire. That said, it did look like every cute girl in school already got a date didn't it? That was definitely a shame... Again. Whatever. They were there to have fun nothing more.

Leon gave Luke a gentle shove and smirked as they approached the two older students. "Didn't you realize? We've been ungraded from delinquents to sidekicks." He chuckled.

Eira wrapped her arm around Pan, grinning at him. "I have my suspicions..." She rolled her eyes at the boys as they approached, but didn't actually seem bothered by their words. "Pfft, you had better behave. We are supposed to be on our best behavior in public, yes?" She winked, showing she definitely didn't seem to mean it, and went on, "You will like this place. I came here when I was ten and it was very fine." Her blue-painted lips pulled back from her teeth as she added, "I had never actually been to one of these before." 

There was a line but not as much as there had been earlier in the year, not with the fall weather beginning to cool down here along the beaches. Eira studied the smiling families and their children for a while, a few near to tears with anticipation, and wrapped her arm around Pan's as they got their hands stamped and headed inside the amusement park. She looked around and said, "The Delirium is a a spinning pendulum on which 40 riders are strapped into their seats and face outward on a giant ring while they spin...let us do that!" she said. "Unless you think you are not strong enough..." she added to their guests, a challenging smirk on her face. 

Didn’t know that it was an upgrade.” Luke smirked, giving Leon a playful nudge on a shoulder.

“Aren’t we always?” He chuckled as he waved at Eira. “Nice to meet you two by the way.” 

Yeah, place is cool, brought my little ‘bro’s here for his birthday last year.” He smiled fondly. He wasn’t exactly so prod now on how he paid for the entry fee (or for the many times he had snuck in to score an easy mark), but whatever that was in the past. “He loved it.” And if he had to be completely honest, so did Luke. No way he could resist a great roller coaster.

Looks awesome.” His eyes followed a batch of screaming park goers having the time of their lives (well at least the ones who weren't frozen in fear), on the spinning contraption.

Hey not strong enough? Is it a challenge or something?” He grinned playfully and this time it was Eira's turn to get a friendly nudge. 

"Well, you are obviously the ones that are here to learn! That makes you sidekicks" Pan boldly declared, raising his hand of the arm that Eira wasn't holding to the sky. "The two of you wish to learn how to be proper tricksters? There is much more to it than just taking things that do not belong to you." He shot Leon a knowing look. 

He admired the stamp on his hand for a moment as they moved into the amusement park, before continuing in.

"No, no, I agree with Eira here." He waved Leon and Luke off with a smirk. "You don't seem quite like you can handle something like that. Maybe it is better that you sit and rest. Enjoy the sights."

"If we wanted to behave, we would've stayed on campus." He countered Eira as the boys walked up and shot Pan a smirk.

In line, Leon waited to get his hand stamped. "We haven't been here in years. Last time, my sister cussed out one of the stall operators for rigging a game." He chuckled. "It was funny to see a grown man squirm from a 13 year old's rage. She got him to hand over the prize she wanted just so she'd stop making a scene."

On 9/26/2020 at 12:54 AM, Avenger Assembled said:

"The Delirium is a a spinning pendulum on which 40 riders are strapped into their seats and face outward on a giant ring while they spin...let us do that!" she said. "Unless you think you are not strong enough..." she added to their guests, a challenging smirk on her face. 

Past the gate he looked around and grinned. He looked over at the 'Delirium' and cocked an eyebrow. "I guess we can start with the kiddie rides." He joked.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:05 PM, Nerdzul said:

Hey not strong enough? Is it a challenge or something?” He grinned playfully and this time it was Eira's turn to get a friendly nudge. 

14 hours ago, RocketLord said:

"No, no, I agree with Eira here." He waved Leon and Luke off with a smirk. "You don't seem quite like you can handle something like that. Maybe it is better that you sit and rest. Enjoy the sights."

Leon put out a hand on Luke's arm. "It's cool Luke. If Peter and Tink wanna spend some time alone." He teased, his tone hinting at something unsaid. "I'm sure we can find something to 'entertain' ourselves."

"Of course it is a challenge - if you are brave enough." Eira rolled her eyes and made a dismissive snort. "You are just afraid that you will vomit in front of us. Hah!" She smirked and slipped her arm through Pan's. "But if you want to ride on the little rides for children, feel free - we will meet you when we are done." By her grin, she didn't quite mean it the way she sounded - but it could be hard to tell with the robot sometimes. 

"A paper jokes? So soon..." Luke smirked and then gave Forever boy a playful nudge on a shoulder, a pretty strong one, but then again, Forever boy was a super, he was sure that he could take it. 

"And that? That's child play you know?" He smiled as he eyed the Delirium. "If they don't have anything better here... I guess..." He gave his group of friends a cocky grin.  "Come on let's go.

Eira watched the ride with fascination on her pretty face as they waited in line, narrating like a scientist discovering new territory. "You see how the gondola passes so just over the canopy?" she commented as the spinning giant frisbee swung wide over their heads, "close enough that anyone can feel the breeze on their face. It travels over seventy-five miles an hour and takes the passengers over one hundred and thirty feet off the ground." Her hair was short enough that she didn't need to worry about it in the ride, but she pulled her hood up around her head as they all got on board. She made sure to get strapped in next to Pan inside the machine, looking around with a big smirk on her face as the ride filled up. "Hope you boys can handle a little delirium, yes!" she called cheerfully. 

Pan looked around him as he was strapped in, sneaking a hand out to squeeze Eira's briefly, before looking towards the underclassmen. "You have potential, but I am sure you know that. You are at the school for all the wrong reasons, so you lash out a bit. It is fine." He smiled, as he looked directly at Leon. "But you lack direction. You play at being a trickster, but you just steal. You are too obvious. Maybe you should consider learning how to be a better kind of trickster."

He paused, holding Leon's eyes.

"I guess you will have time to learn, but hold on first."

Seventy-five miles? Not impressed. I can fly faster.” He tossed with a cocky grin on his lips. Well that was not exactly the same and he knew it, but whatever, it was going to be fun anyway.

Oh we can. What about you old geezers?” He chuckled. As he followed them on the giant Frisbee ride, choosing a place for him and Leon where they could look at the senior’s faces during the ‘ordeal’.

On 10/12/2020 at 4:58 AM, Nerdzul said:

Seventy-five miles? Not impressed. I can fly faster.

"Not that you're bragging." Leon teased as he followed the others onto the ride and began to secure himself.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:13 PM, Avenger Assembled said:

"Hope you boys can handle a little delirium, yes!" she called cheerfully. 

"I think we got this." Leon grinned.

On 10/10/2020 at 7:10 AM, RocketLord said:

He smiled, as he looked directly at Leon. "But you lack direction. You play at being a trickster, but you just steal. You are too obvious. Maybe you should consider learning how to be a better kind of trickster."

He paused, holding Leon's eyes.

"I guess you will have time to learn, but hold on first."

Only Leon's expression stiffened as he matched Pan's gaze. "Being a trickster is fun, but stealing is survival." He thought to himself. "Pretty boy probably never had to work for anything in his life."

He looked away as the ride started, trying to enjoy the ride as he watched the ground fall away and the momentum pick-up.

Edited by Spacefurry

The teens went through the spin and then again, a dizzying, whirling ride that really did strain the nerves of anyone who had an inner ear. (Eira seemed to be enjoying the whole thing the whole time, yelling at the craft to go "Faster! Higher!" with a look of exultant glee on her face.) When the group was done, they wandered off, Eira's arm looped through Pan's. "Hm. Wifi is down," she commented, frowning briefly as she looked around at the others before seeming to shrug and go back to her date. "No matter. Hey boys," she said to Leon and Luke, "are you ready for a brown, greasy hamburger? With milkshakes?"

For all his bluster, the relentless spinning did a number on the young man. He did his best to play it off as he followed Eira and Pan off the ride with Luke. He preferred coasters over just spinning around, but luckily it only had him dazed for a moment or two as he found his balance. His sister would have loved it, he had yet to see her fazed by any kind of joyride, kinda like Eira.

”Must be nice not having an inner ear.” He jokes and glances at Luke to see how he was handling it.

He looked back at Eira and gave her an inquisitive look. “Do you even eat? Do have a literal hollow leg or somethin’?” Leon snickered. 

Round, spinning, twisting, turning, being pulled all around... and Pan just laughed the entire way, holding on to Eira's hand. 

"I could show you much faster and much higher," he whispered to Eira as she hooked her arm through his, his grin showing the challenge. He continued in Swedish, <"But maybe later. Perhaps we it is time we teach these two how to be proper tricksters."

He shook his head, grimacing at Leon. "Judging from your color, I think she can handle it better than you." He winked at Leon. "But maybe you just need to sit down? Perhaps it was too much?"

Luke ‘Whohoo-ed’ like a little kid during the whole ride. Adrenaline pumping as the Delirum shook him up as if he was in a cocktail mixer. Perhaps it wasn’t going to bide well with his massive breakfast, but then again, whatever, despite having somewhat shaky legs when he stopped down from the attraction, he knew he was gonna great soon anyway.

Always up for a burger.” He replied enthusiastically. “Although we might also take another spin or two before that? Not all of us have an iron stomach you know?” He added, as his eyes surveyed the park, looking for some other gut wrenching attraction to do before they stuffed themselves again.

Definitely.” He smirked at Leon.

Sit down? No way man. Do you though? You do seem a bit pale yourself...

Leon waves Luke off as he side-eyes Pan. "I'm fine. I just prefer a good coaster over spinnin' like a top."

He stretches a little and takes a deep breath. "And come on guys, you can get burgers anywhere. We're on the boardwalk..." He grins. "We need to get some chili-dogs and onion rings."

Eira muttered something about Leon could eat roasted pig anus if he cared to she would stick with the onion rings and french fries, but then they were in line and she was looking around with a suspicious look on her face. It was retro night at the carnival perhaps, with a mixture of 50s and 80s fashion everywhere, but honestly didn't look too different from the usual. Eira stuck close to Pan as they went, her gaze fixed, frowning on the crowd, and a gaggle of girls her age in camisole tops and jeans posing with a furry Hero mascot so their friend could take their picture with a disposable camera... 

"I assume the rest of you are seeing what I am seeing?"

Pan placed an arm around Eira's, pulling her just a bit closer, while they moved. A quick flash of golden dust rushed around all of them, their clothes and hair quickly changing to fit in. Leon in particular seemed to be wearing the absolutely tightest skinny jeans that you could have squeezed into.

"Tell me, what is this?" His tone was more amused than anything else, as he looked around them.

Yeah… that’s a bit weird…” Luke scratched his chin. “Maybe it’s some kind of 80ies night or somethin?” Could be right? Nostalgia for the eighties was all the rage after all (even his parents looked like they have been affected). That said some of the fashion did seem a bit older. Not that he minded of course, especially given the attire worn by some of the girls in the crowd. Definitely.  That said… the change was kinda, well sudden wasn’t it? Unnatural maybe?

Hey…” He objected when Pan magically shifted their clothes (or whatever he had done), definitely not seing the appeal of 80ies hairstyles. Whatever. He was still grinning playfully when he saw what happened with Leon’s attire.

Anyone of you has any idea about what’s going on by the way? Seems pretty innocuous so far, I mean, a part from fashion choices…” He chuckled.