Who's On First?

RocketLord

Nevermore II

Kord Dorms, Floor One, Claremont Academy

Saturday, September 5th 2020

Charlie had looked all of them up before arriving... All the other students that were going to be on the first floor to, that was. It was a weird bunch, a flying guy, some science experiment, a guy that had trained under Captain Thunder, someone that could control paper, a freaking dragon, and then, him. Not that it was easy to find out much about Charles Gordon Pym. He knew people that would have made sure of that.

Entering the floor amidst the chaos of students arriving from all over to Claremont, Charlie had already stashed most of his gear away in his room, and now he was sitting on the couch on the common area, waiting and watching for others to arrive. His phone was out in front of him. He was wearing a pair of jeans, a dark red t-shirt with a big white speech bubble with a black explanation mark on the front, grinning at the black haired in the blue and gold Claremont uniform that was running around and panicking about finding the kids for this floor.

Edited by RocketLord
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tremayne Hannigan was tracing an arc of electricity between his index and middle finger on his left hand.  Closely the duffel bag carrying his luggage dragged it's way across the ground.  Seemingly crawling across all on its own.  In reality, the self dragging duffel bag had been dragged along in a similar manner to static cling.  Attempting to attach itself to the Claremont senior.  Disappearing out of sight once the pair had entered his assigned room.  

When Tremayne exited the room.  Tremayne was wearing a large set of headphones with the coaxial cable dangling across his shirt.  He had a beige t-shirt with a picture of an oil rig and the words oilfield strong painted across.  His jeans had a naturally faded look with the bottom of the denim tucked away into a pair of brown steel toed boots.  

Jumping over the back of a club chair in the common area, the youth simply flashed a smile and nodded as a nonverbal greeting to the teen on the couch.

Leon hadn't had much in the way of personal items, so moving from the temporary room he had been in to room 112 was quick. A handful of books, a mix of soft and hard-cover were scattered seemingly haphazardly on several shelves.

Most of the books, some of his old clothes and sprinkling of a few other personal items had arrived via 'care packages' with no return address. These had drawn a grin from Leon when he had gotten them. The only other thing in the packages was a letter in his sister's neat handwriting. The letter had, again, jeered him for getting caught and reassuring him that she and his brother were not planing to stop having fun. The letter ended signed only Circle and Satchel. It was short and to the point, but then, they had had a long conversation shortly after he had arrived at Claremont since they hadn't been able to see each other while Leon had been in the hospital. The letter was tucked into books on the shelf, out of sight in a copy of Feed, one of his favorite books.

It was nice to have real clothes again, paper clothes were okay but not as good as real ones. He was wearing slightly faded jeans and a t-shirt sporting a cartoon fox passing through a prism with multiple tails poking out the back, each one a color of the rainbow. The jacket he pulled on though, as real as it looked, was made of paper. He always preferred to have some paper on hand but the school staff didn't want him carrying around all of his paper, but he still wore at least one of his thigh packs. Looking himself over in the bathroom mirror he ran his fingers through his short black hair. Passing back through the room Leon glanced over at the other side of the shared room.

"Luke Landers." Leon thought to himself. That had been the next to his on the room assignments listings. "Sounds familiar."

"Hmm." Leon moved towards the door, opening it to step out into the hall.

Legatus

Felix was already long used to living in the dorms - with no real family, no income, and a rather distinct lack of legal backgrounds, he'd been staying there all summer long. Still, it wasn't as though he'd been literally staying in the same room as he'd been assigned for the school year, so he did have some moving. It wasn't much, and it hardly took any time at all (he rather liked using the window to get in and out of the room), so he exited his newly assigned room with a cheerful smile, noticing the other students. "Hey there! Need any help carrying things?"

He wore simple clothing - an unmarked blue T-shirt with yellow shorts streaked with white, and his eyes twinkled with amusement as he approached them.

That day Luke was, not unexpectedly, late, having spent most of the past hour to reassure his mom and dad for the upteenth time that everything was going to be fine, before dashing to the school. Thanks god for the superpowers that made carrying all his stuff for miles as easy as a walk in the park.

Once he got in the common room he was still carrying a large faded gym bag on a shoulder, his backpack, so full that it looked like it could explode at any minute, on the other and a battered soccer ball under one arm (because why not bring it?). He was clad in an old Blind Guardians t-shirt with no sleeves (with a couple of battling dragons on it) and a pair faded jeans and battered sneakers. 

Sup people?” He grinned cheerfully when he surveyed the room, dropping his bag on the floor for the time being. “So what are you guys all in for?” He teased. There were at least a couple of familiar faces though. Great. At least it would make things less weird.

Hey man… Thanks, but no need. So you’re here with us this year?” He threw Legatus a high-five, it was not like they were exactly friends, but whatever, the flying guy had made a good impression on him during the tour anyway.

And they did get you for good this time.” He chuckled as he addressed Leon.

Luke by the way…” He bowed his head slightly as he introduced himself to the other two kids in the room. 

Leon made his way down the short hall to the first floor common room. Three other young men were already in the room, two making themselves at home on the couches and another standing nearby offering help to a forth teen just entering.

14 hours ago, secondling said:

Legatus

"Hey there! Need any help carrying things?"

10 hours ago, Nerdzul said:

Sup people?” He grinned cheerfully when he surveyed the room, dropping his bag on the floor for the time being. “So what are you guys all in for?” He teased. There were at least a couple of familiar faces though. Great. At least it would make things less weird.

Hey man… Thanks, but no need. So you’re here with us this year?” He threw Legatus a high-five, it was not like they were exactly friends, but whatever, the flying guy had made a good impression on him during the tour anyway.

Leon was sizing up Charlie and Tremayne on the couches when the newcomer addressed him directly before introducing himself to the others.

And they did get you for good this time.” He chuckled as he addressed Leon.

Luke by the way…” He bowed his head slightly as he introduced himself to the other two kids in the room. 

It took Leon a second to recognize the newcomer. "Luke...? Oh ya, I remember you now." He gave the Luke a smirk. "I wouldn't say 'for good'. Just till I get bored."

"What about you? Wouldn't have thought I'd see you here. Guess there was more to you that I thought."  He grinned and chuckled. "I would've offered to a ride when the others came to 'pick me up'." Leon was intentionally keeping things vague, but he was sure Luke would pick up his meanings.

Nevermore II

"Nice trick with the bag before. Static electricity?" Charlie seemed more amused than anything as he looked at Tremayne. "Guess that means you're my roommate." He extended his hand. "I'm Charlie."

His attention was soon drawn away to the others in the room. Luke, Leon, a big guy in yellow shorts. It was an interesting bunch, wasn't it? A smirk playing over his lips at the sight, they all looked normal, didn't they? Just regular kids. Pushing himself up from the couch, Charlie turned to look at the others, quickly sticking his hands in his pockets as he moved between them.

He knew who they all were. He had done his homework. But he still wanted to know how they would talk about it.

"So, what can you guys do?"

Edited by RocketLord

Legatus

Felix high-fived Luke in turn, making sure to be very gentle (relatively speaking) - he wasn't sure exactly how tough Luke was. "Yeah, I'm here for the year, at least." The thought made his stomach twist slightly as he wondered what, exactly, he was going to do when he graduated. Shaking his head to refocus on the task at hand, he smiled slightly as Luke spoke with one of the others. Settling back to watch for a moment, he rolled his head on his shoulders.

I wonder where Adam is. It's been awhile. At Charlie's question, he lifted his head and arched a brow. "I'm Felix, and I can do a lot of things. I can figure out a lot from looking at a cell's structure, for instance, and can swim rather well. I've been taking peer counseling classes this past summer, so if anyone needs me, feel free to drop by." He raised his voice slightly to let everyone there know. "But... if you're asking about powers, Charlie, well, I'm pretty tough, fairly strong, and I can fly. Pretty basic, but also very handy."

Fair…” Luke chuckled at Leon’s response. 

Yeah I figured it out a few weeks after you left.” He paused looking thoughtful for a moment.”Hey? Are you sayin’ that there wasn’t much to me when we met?” He frowned, giving him an angry stare… One that he could manage to keep up for just a few seconds however. 

Come on I’m just bullshitting you. I know what you meant mate.” He laughed playfully this time, giving Leon a strong pat on the back. “And that was definitely awesome, I mean, you being ‘picked up’ I was jealous of that for like a month… Gave me time to figure out what I could do though.” And who knew, maybe he never would have if he had got back to his family that soon.

Nice to meet you two guys.” He enthusiastically offered to shake hands with Tremayne and Charlie. 

He listened to Felix explaining his powers. “How strong? Hey, we should try arms wrestling some time.” He grinned,curious to find out how he measured up against another super. 

And what can you do Chaz?” He tossed back, casually, a friendly smile on his lips. ‘Come on Luke he is just trying to break the ice.’ Yet, being at least slightly suspicious was in his nature (well, assuming that the other party wasn’t a sexy red-head psychic, but whatever). 

Myself, I’m also pretty strong, bullets don’t work on me, I mean I haven’t been hit by a tank yet though.” He threw Felix a glance and a smirk. “I can breath fire and turn into a freakin' dragon. I’m one actually, but that’s a long story.” He chuckled.”Oh and I’m a world class soccer player.

Edited by Nerdzul

Nevermore II

"Me?" Charlie looked all innocent, except for his smile as he leaned back, hands behind his back. "I know everything about all of you." He looked around at all of them, raising an eyebrow as he spoke and pointed at them in turn, starting with Luke. "Luke Landers, you call yourself Nightscale. You're become a black dragon and you really should look out where you go so you don't end up destroying more property, yeah? Don't worry, I'm not gonna show and tell on any other secrets," he winked at the last part, before turning to Felix. "You're Legatus, the Freedom League found you a while ago, and you've been at Claremont pretty much ever since." On to Tremayne. "Sureshock, you've been trained by Captain Thunder, which is pretty awesome. You and Legatus should talk about that whole hero worship thing, right?" And finally, Leon. "And you're Leon Moore, otherwise known as Paper, so I guess you gotta look out for Scissors. You can control paper, which is pretty unique. And there's a few other things about you that I really shouldn't spoil."

He made a quick bow, looking up from it at the others.

"I think that covers the basics?"

Edited by RocketLord
9 hours ago, Nerdzul said:

Fair…” Luke chuckled at Leon’s response. 

Yeah I figured it out a few weeks after you left.” He paused looking thoughtful for a moment.”Hey? Are you sayin’ that there wasn’t much to me when we met?” He frowned, giving him an angry stare…

Leon held up his hands defensively. "Na man, I didn't mean-"

9 hours ago, Nerdzul said:

One that he could manage to keep up for just a few seconds however. 

Come on I’m just bullshitting you. I know what you meant mate.” He laughed playfully this time, giving Leon a strong pat on the back. “And that was definitely awesome, I mean, you being ‘picked up’ I was jealous of that for like a month… Gave me time to figure out what I could do though.” And who knew, maybe he never would have if he had got back to his family that soon.

Leon strared at Luke for a second before chuckling. "Okay, you got me that time."

On 8/26/2020 at 7:12 AM, RocketLord said:

Pushing himself up from the couch, Charlie turned to look at the others, quickly sticking his hands in his pockets as he moved between them.

He knew who they all were. He had done his homework. But he still wanted to know how they would talk about it.

"So, what can you guys do?"

Leon watched Charlie as he passed, then glanced to Felix as he answered first.

14 hours ago, secondling said:

"I'm Felix, and I can do a lot of things. I can figure out a lot from looking at a cell's structure, for instance, and can swim rather well. I've been taking peer counseling classes this past summer, so if anyone needs me, feel free to drop by." He raised his voice slightly to let everyone there know. "But... if you're asking about powers, Charlie, well, I'm pretty tough, fairly strong, and I can fly. Pretty basic, but also very handy."

"So, what you're saying is that 'Ya, basic'." Leon smirked and chuckled.

And what can you do Chaz?” He tossed back, casually, a friendly smile on his lips. ‘Come on Luke he is just trying to break the ice.’ Yet, being at least slightly suspicious was in his nature (well, assuming that the other party wasn’t a sexy red-head psychic, but whatever). 

Myself, I’m also pretty strong, bullets don’t work on me, I mean I haven’t been hit by a tank yet though.” He threw Felix a glance and a smirk. “I can breath fire and turn into a freakin' dragon. I’m one actually, but that’s a long story.” He chuckled.”Oh and I’m a world class soccer player.

Leon side-eyed Luke with raised eyebrows and chuckle. "Damn, that sounds pretty epic. The soccer bit I mean." Leon shrugs. "I guess the dragon thing's cool too." Leon grins and chuckles at the friendly jibe at Luke.

6 hours ago, RocketLord said:

"Me?" Charlie looked all innocent, except for his smile as he leaned back, hands behind his back. "I know everything about all of you." He looked around at all of them, raising an eyebrow as he spoke and pointed at them in turn, starting with Luke. "Luke Landers, you call yourself Nightscale. You're become a black dragon and you really should look out where you go so you don't end up destroying more property, yeah? Don't worry, I'm not gonna show and tell on any other secrets," he winked at the last part, before turning to Felix. "You're Legatus, the Freedom League found you a while ago, and you've been at Claremont pretty much ever since." On to Tremayne. "Sureshock, you've been trained by Captain Thunder, which is pretty awesome. You and Legatus should talk about that whole hero worship thing, right?" And finally, Leon. "And you're Leon Moore, otherwise known as Paper, so I guess you gotta look out for Scissors. You can control paper, which is pretty unique. And there's a few other things about you that I really shouldn't spoil."

He made a quick bow, looking up from it at the others.

"I think that covers the basics?"

Leon's grin vanished as Charlie went on, his eyes narrowing in suspicious concern. He quickly covered it up as he put on a cocky smirk. "Jeez, didn't realize being a know-it-all was a superpower, but congratulations at least you know how to read files. I'll go ahead and spoil myself, I was picked up by the cops and I made a deal: juvie or Claremont." Guessing that the young man had accessed their files beforehand. Leon suddenly felt the desire to have late night study session of his own. Maybe he could get Luke to join him, provided he hadn't gone all goody-goody since last time he saw him.

"And I don't just control paper, paper and I have a special relationship. You could almost say I'm a paper master." Leon felt the need to boast a little. "You also left out the part where I saved the graduating class from their own prom."  Leon crossed his arms, his right hand rubbing the realistic looking paper left arm. When he realized he was doing that he drops his arms, putting his left hand in his jacket pocket as he waves his right dismissively. "I mean there were some others there who might have helped a little, but it was mostly me."

Nevermore II

"Or maybe I'm a mind reader!" Charlie winked at Leon. "There's weirder powers here, like talking to paper, right?" His tone was jovial, despite the somewhat tense situation he had created, and he was grinning from ear to ear while he looked at Leon. "As I said, not my thing to share. We all got secrets, I'm not gonna spoil 'em just because I know 'em."

Turning back, he shrugged, looking over at the others. "That's pretty impressive, but hey, no need to steal your thunder, right? So, what'd you do?" He sounded genuinely interested. "The simulator went crazy, trapped everyone inside, right? How did you stop that?"

Edited by RocketLord

Legatus

XVIII froze for a moment at Luke's words. "Oh, uh..." He paused, his mind racing back to the numerous tests he had undergone back in the bunker under Dr. Syagrius, and their inevitable, dreadful conclusion. "Pretty strong." He hastily moved on, shaking his head and offering Luke a weak smile at his mention of tanks. 

Charlie's knowledge of his own history, as well as the history and powers of others caused Felix to rock back on his heels, a faint frown forming on his forehead. "It sounds like you've done your research." He shrugged slightly. "Or you're a very rude telepath. Whatever the case, maybe you should take a bit less of a patronizing tone in the future. It's... likely to cause some tensions." He gestured at Leon, gently. "As you can see."

"Anyways." He continued, trying to deescalate the situation. "It sounds like everyone's had their own adventures." Felix grinned. "Want to swap notes?"

Luke ruffled the hair on the back of his neck as Charlie mentioned the whole collateral damages issue. How the hell did he know though? Well wasn’t that hard probably he had just heard some rumors, subtlety didn’t exactly suit his super-hero persona.

Yeah definitely, I mean if this superhero thing doesn’t work I’m sure I’m gonna be able to make big bucks in the pro league.” Luke smiled playfully at Leon. It was wishful thinking though wasn’t it? Yeah definitely, still… “Any of you guys are ballplayers too?” He grinned. “I mean, would be fun being able to play a game with you all, no worries of things being too unfair due to the whole ‘superpowers’ thingie.”

You did? Save a whole class? That’s awesome man. You are gonna tell me everything one day ok?” He gave Leon another strong pat on the back. “I mean, best thing I have done is like, rough up some gangsters and find some stolen crap.” Indeed, Nightscale track record wasn’t exactly stellar, but then again that was why he was there right? 

Another mindreader? You know man, it’s pretty creepy when you get into someone’s mind.” Luke shook his head and gave Charlie a disapproving look. “And saying that you just did research on us ain't much better I’m afraid.” 

By the way... A+ for deftly changing subject, very smooth. You haven't told us what you can do yet.” He grinned as he gaze shifted to meet Charlie’s. “Come on, be a good sport. I mean, you know everything about us, it’s fair if you do some sharin’ too.” 

Don’t sell yourself short man.” Luke grinned at Felix. “Come on, it would be just a game and my ego can take it if you beat me.” He chuckled.

Nevermore II

Alright, alright, everyone was riled up enough, it was probably better to try and defuse the situation now.

"Alright, alright, you got me." Charlie was one big grin as he threw his hands up in defeat. "All research." From his standing position, he jumped back, making a backwards somersault, landing with just his right foot balancing on the couch, his hands held out to the side before he jumped down, making another somersault while landing in front of them. "Not everyone here got powers. Some of us got to make do with training and knowledge."

He flashed them all a grin. "Besides, knowledge is power, don't ya know?" He made a quick little bow. "And I'm the guy that you can go to if you need to find out something."

Edited by RocketLord

Tremayne grinned as he pointed a finger up in the air as a spark of electricity crackled out confirming Charlie's earlier guess as to how he moved his clothing about.  "That was definitely static.  Wouldn't do me any good to burn my clothes to a crisp with anything heavier. "  He then tilted his head towards Luke, "I''m down to shoot some hoops .  But, I guess I could give Soccer a try.  Any game's pretty much an excuse to show of the powers around here.  Or fancy footwork.  Anyways as much of a hoot as your suggestion for talking bout hero worship, I'd much rather talk Football any day."

He pointed to Charlie who had showed of some impressive gymnastics.  Unperturbed by the reveal of everyone's secrets.  He may have come from a city.  But, Midland still had an insular small town mentality.  At least as far as local neighborhoods were concerned everyone knew everything about everyone.  So he had no reason to feel bitter.  Plus unlike his sister Tremayne loved the spotlight a little.

"So papercuts, dragon, booksmart spark spark, and flying' punches."   Tremayne mumbled to himself quite opening while pointing to everyone including himself in an open playful association. 

16 hours ago, RocketLord said:

"Or maybe I'm a mind reader!" Charlie winked at Leon. "There's weirder powers here, like talking to paper, right?" His tone was jovial, despite the somewhat tense situation he had created, and he was grinning from ear to ear while he looked at Leon. "As I said, not my thing to share. We all got secrets, I'm not gonna spoil 'em just because I know 'em."

Leon liked that idea even less. Now he really wanted to get his hands on those files. "Well guess I know what I'm doing tonight." He thought to himself.

16 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Turning back, he shrugged, looking over at the others. "That's pretty impressive, but hey, no need to steal your thunder, right? So, what'd you do?" He sounded genuinely interested. "The simulator went crazy, trapped everyone inside, right? How did you stop that?"

6 hours ago, Nerdzul said:

You did? Save a whole class? That’s awesome man. You are gonna tell me everything one day ok?” He gave Leon another strong pat on the back. “I mean, best thing I have done is like, rough up some gangsters and find some stolen crap.” Indeed, Nightscale track record wasn’t exactly stellar, but then again that was why he was there right?

Leon shrugged nonchalantly. "Couple of us students and one of the teachs were able to slip into the control room. That robot girl told us we had to reboot the system, but we only had a small window to do it right. And well, obviously we did it ."

5 hours ago, RocketLord said:

"Alright, alright, you got me." Charlie was one big grin as he threw his hands up in defeat. "All research." From his standing position, he jumped back, making a backwards somersault, landing with just his right foot balancing on the couch, his hands held out to the side before he jumped down, making another somersault while landing in front of them. "Not everyone here got powers. Some of us got to make do with training and knowledge."

Leon regarded Charlie a moment longer before finally shrugging again. "Fair enough. Powers aren't the end all. Skill has saved my butt more then once."

5 hours ago, RocketLord said:

He flashed them all a grin. "Besides, knowledge is power, don't ya know?" He made a quick little bow. "And I'm the guy that you can go to if you need to find out something."

"Scientia potentia est." He grinned, then glanced back at the others. "I'd be down for a game of soccer one of these days." He agrees letting the conversation move along. He would still have to do his own 'research' later.

Edited by Spacefurry

Not bad man. And I mean, you must have b- guts of steel to face guns with just acrobatic moves and some homeworks.” Luke chuckled as he witnessed Charlie’s demonstration. Himself, well, he definitely wasn’t the type to shy away from a scuffle even before he had his powers, but he wasn’t sure he would have still gone for superheroics without them. “Won’t change my mind about the creepiness of researching your roomates, but my bet is…  it’ll be cool havin’ you on the team.” 

Yeah right?” He grinned at Trem’ “Speaking of which, Hoops. Genius. Why not go and shoot some now? I mean, I can unpack later and it’d be way funnier to show off a bit rather than talk about what we can do. What do you guys think?

Besides, dunno about you, but I don’t feel like wasting the whole day indoors anyway. Plus there is always the chance of some girls  passing by and taking a look.” He smirked playfully.

He ruffled the hair on the back of his neck at Leon’s Latin quote, now the meaning was kinda understandable in contest, but well...

Edited by Nerdzul

Legatus

Felix shrugged at Luke, his smile weak. Selling himself short wasn't exactly what he'd had in mind, but he wasn't wholly comfortable using his power against those who should be his friends. At Charlie's words, he inclined his head. "Well, I suspected something like that... just keep in mind that some people don't like their secrets spilled to strangers, or even friends. It could be a little risky to show off your knowledge."

Felix fell silent as the group began discussing sports. Honestly, he still wasn't wholly sure about all the rules of either basketball or soccer... He perked up slightly at Leon's use of Latin, the language clicking into place easily in his mind. "Well, I know a few of us still haven't moved in yet, but I do know that there're a couple of open fields for such games." I wonder where Adam is.

Nevermore II

"Eh, I'd say I'm more of a detective than book smart," Charlie objected to Tremayne's statement on the nature of the first floor group, but he didn't seem to press the subject. He winked at Luke in response to his comment about having b- guts of steel, his lips pursing into a smile with the response "You have no idea, man."

"What's this?" A voice cut in, breaking the mostly friendly chatter. The voice fell somewhere between arrogant, annoyed and bored. A young man of Pakistani descent with short black hair, dressed in a spotless white silk shirt and black tie, with matching black pants, moved into the room, dragging a suitcase on wheels behind him. "The headmaster must be joking if she thinks I'm spending this year with you. Felix might recognize him as one Sebastian Shields, also known as Casanova, now a senior student at Claremont. "You two," he pointed to Felix and Luke, "go make yourselves useful. The rest of my luggage are outside. Not everyone has to spend their summer in this place."

Edited by RocketLord

"Go get your own, Sebastian." Adam said, strolling in. He was carrying all of his gear at once and didn't seem at all bothered. The young man towered over most people, over six and a half feet of solid muscle packed in a plain black t-shirt, a pair of faded jeans and work boots. His wig and other cosmetics were on, so he looked normal, at least from the neck up. He knew they could see the scarring on his forearms, but he had gone through too much to be bothered by that. 

"Hey everyone. I'm Adam. I'd shake hands, but uh." He gestured to his hands. "I'm Felix' roommate. If you're trading stories, we should talk about when Felix and I went and fought Nazis. We broke some tanks, it was fun." 

Leon eyes the newcomer after he had strolled in dragging his suitcase. Between his tone and clothes, he was checking every box from pompous ass to possible mark.

Leon was turning to look at Charlie to ask if he knew the guy, when a second newcomer piped in. Leon turned back and looked up... and up... and, geez the new guy was tall.
At least this one introduced himself. Leon noted the scarring on his forearms, together with his build, and he ticked the ‘do not let him grab you’ box. After a moment Leon mentally ticked the box again for emphasis.

22 minutes ago, Thunder King said:

"Hey everyone. I'm Adam. I'd shake hands, but uh." He gestured to his hands. "I'm Felix' roommate. If you're trading stories, we should talk about when Felix and I went and fought Nazis. We broke some tanks, it was fun." 

Leon chuckled looking from Adam to Felix. “Really? Well damn, there goes my boasting.” 

Legatus

Felix eyed Sebastian with a sigh. Voted (by me alone, admittedly) to be the one most likely to turn into a supervillain since I first met him, here's Casanova! Before he had the chance to reply, Adam arrived, and he broke into a grin. "Hey Adam. I was wondering where you were. Good to see you again." He walked over to his larger roommate, shaking his hand firmly and totally disregarding both Sebastian and Adam's warning.

If he looked at Casanova for too long, he got an irresistible urge to punch him in the face, and that would be rude right now. "Luke, Leon, and Charlie are all new here." He gestured at each respectively, before looking at Tremayne. "Uh... I think I've seen you around before, but... I don't know your name. Sureshock, of course, but..." He shrugged.

Looking at Leon, he half-smiled. "My performance wasn't as impressive as Adam's though. He tore through more of 'em than me. I just punched a couple tanks, knocked out an Übersoldat, and got my ribs broken by another one."

Hey. Now don’t get too cocky man.” Luke chuckled as he gave Charlie a playful nudge on a shoulder. 

He rolled his eyes as Mr. Entitled Rich Douche joined the room. Awesome. And he was gonna stay on their floor too. That would definitely make the year more bearable. He threw a mischievous glance toward Leon. If this guy didn’t deserve to get pranked until graduation no one else did. He clenched his fists though, as the man dismissively asked for them to pick up his stuff. Superpowers or not the world was the same everywhere he went after all.

Look people. Is this guy for real?” He chuckled as he closed the distance between him and Sebastian and gave the well-dressed prick a pat on the back, one that carried more than a hint of his unnatural strength. Not enough to hurt, as well… he was not there yet… But still. “Are you for real? Get your shit yourself mate.” He remarked. 

He was about to add something, when a giant fellow entered the room. “You for sure are somethin’ man.” He grinned as his attention shifted toward Adam.

Nice to meet you mate, I’m Luke.” He did look at him awkwardly wondering if he should actually offer him a handshake anyway. Felix had, but it seemed a bit weird after he had asked otherwise. Whatever, he ended up extending his hand anyway. "Don't worry man, I'm like strong enough to lift a car, I think I can take an handshake." He chuckled.

Oh you just punched a couple of tanks…” Luke teased as he turned to Felix again. “That’s all?” He grinned playfully. “Come on mate that freakin’ awesome.

Edited by Nerdzul

Nevermore II

Charlie raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms as he eyed Sebastian. He'd looked him up, of course. He'd done his homework, and so far, Shields had managed to piss off everyone all at once. It was pretty impressive, wasn't it?

"Has that ever worked?" 

Maybe if he used his powers. He just had to keep an eye on him. He couldn't help but wonder if Alek had to deal with someone like that when he was at Claremont. Why did he even go to this school?

No reason to worry about Shields right now, right? Besides... there was more interesting stuff going on. "You went back in time? That's so cool." He moved away from Shields, closer to Adam and Felix, quickly extending a hand towards Adam. "Hey, I'm Charlie. So, how did you do it? Time travel and all that? Doctor Tomorrow show up or something?"