Four Stories - Què & A

Tiffany Korta

Maggie Què

Yeah one of the Boroughs of New York, one of the less prosperos ones as well. I wasn’t lucky to have some of the advantages it seems many of those on this floor.” despite her efforts to behave a touch of bitterness had snuck into her voice, she quickly recovered though and was all smile and charm again

But sure go say hi and I’ll get these to your room, I have you room details here.” she gestured to the tablet tucked under her arm. “Don’t worry I’ll make sure everything will stay exactly where it should be.”

She wasn’t sure if the rumors about her past had gotten around yet, but best to stamp out those rumours now.

• 4 weeks later...

Muirne tried to smile reassuringly at Maggie as she talked about Queens, wanting to reassure her but not knowing how without overstepping. She could tell that she'd brought up something the girl was sensitive about without intending to. "If- if there's anything I can do to help just ask, okay? I'd be perfectly willing to help however I can."

She smiled more easily as Maggie moved the conversation along, "Thank you, but you don't have to watch over my things or anything. I don't want you to be excluded because you were doing something for me." She waved to Maggie and Dee as she headed towards the room, walking in to a declaration of friendship and adventure. She smiled nervously as the girl laughed with what she felt was no small amount of manic energy.

She figured she might as well go next in terms of introductions. "Uh, I'm Muirne Sceadusangere, hero name Shadowborne. I look forward to sharing the floor with you all, and hope we can get along well!" She tried to quell her nervousness and insert some energy into the end of the statement, and somewhat succeeded. It did sound more energetic, but in a more 'Oh god please don't look at me!' way. Muirne silently prayed that someone would just keep the ball rolling and introduce themselves or change the conversation as she tried to smile.