Arrow's gonna play copycat and try Raven's sneak and bash approach.

Move Action: Sneakily moving across the walkway to be right above the southeast thug and hit him/her with her bow. Got a 12 on the Stealth Check, but since that's awful I'm going use another Luck point and try for something better. Got a 21

Free Action: Swapping Standard Arrows for Bow Strike on the Trick Arrows Array. 

Standard Action: Attacking the southeast dude with the Bow Strike. Got a 15 on the Attack. That's a DC 23 vs. Toughness.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice: 22

Uh uh

Anyway, you get to the guard, and you hit, so TOU: 18

He's a minion, so taken out.

With that said, they've now discovered that they aren't alone, though they've so far only spotted Arrow.

The 6 under the skylight are now on guard, the two to NW and SW move towards Arrow. The guy to the SW spots you and fires with his gun, while shouting that he's found you: 15

Not that he can hit you!

Nevermore moves to near the elevator in the middle while staying on top and drops a Darkness Bomb into the middle of the area. It creates a Darkness Obscure effect that anyone with the ability to counter Darkness Obscure effects should be able to handle.

Stealth to stay hidden: 25 with Skill Mastery.

Thugs noticing: 22

@KnightDisciple is up

20 - Raven - 3HP - Unharmed

19 - Arrow IV - 2HP - Unharmed, Discovered

16 - Criminals

- 3 visible on walkways, 3x KO

- 4 visible among crates and containers, 2x KO (NE, SE)

- 6 visible under skylight

6 - Nevermore II - 3HP - Unharmed

- Darkness obscure effect: 10/10 rounds remaining

spacer.png

TOU save for the guy: 12

He's down

Notice for the sounds of fighting: 27

They know Alek's there too, but they can't see him.

Of the individuals, only SW guy remains, currently positioned right by the elevator, close to Arrow.

@Cubismo is up

20 - Raven III - 3HP - Unharmed

16 - Criminals

- 4 visible among crates and containers, 3x KO (NE, NW, SE)

- 6 visible under skylight

- Darkness obscure effect: 10/10 rounds remaining

spacer.png

No Action: Activating Fashionable Night Shades on the Gadgets power. Arrow can now see in the dark!

Move Action: Going to move from current location to behind one of the southern-most container to lose her spotters. Got a 20 Stealth Check.

Free Action: Swapping from Bow Strike back to Standard Arrows on the Trick Arrows Array. 

Standard Action: Peeking from the container and attacking the southwest dude by the elevator with a Standard Arrow. Got a 16 on the Attack. That's a DC 20 vs. Toughness.

@KnightDisciple Remember that there's a Darkness Obscure effect in action, you'll need to set up some way to handle that.

Notice to find Arrow, -5 penalty due to darkness and going by sound only: 14, hidden again.

That's a hit. TOU: 11

He's down.

That leaves the group of 6 joined together.

One from the group of 6 speaks up, and everyone roll a Will Save vs. DC20. Failing means you affected by a Fear Emotion Control effect, see p. 45 in UP.

The bad guys spread out among the containers, 3 of them, including the one that spoke up, remaining at the big X.

One moves to near the elevator, one to the East of it and one to the West of it.

Nevermore's Will Save: 28

Nevermore drops a Snare on the guy below: 23

That's a hit. 

Bad guy's reflex snare vs. DC18: 26, not snared.

16 - Criminals

- 4 visible among crates and containers, 4x KO (NE, NW, SE, SW)

- 3 visible under skylight

- 1 Big Guy near elevator

- 1 to East of elevator

- 1 to West of elevator

- Darkness obscure effect: 9/10 rounds remaining

@KnightDisciple is up

Also, if that Will Save counts as "Mind Control", I have Second Chance (Mind Control), so I don't think that would even take an HP? 

Nevermore will use his grapnel again..

Move Action: Get in right next to the 3 guys under the skylight.

Standard Action: Melee Attack vs one of the two who didn't do the Spooky Talking. 28. DC 24 Toughness, DC 20 Fort (still using the Stun gauntlets). I have Takedown Attack 2; Attack vs the second thug: 26. DC 24 Tough/20 Fort. If I can carry through to the 3rd guy (weird speaking man): 21. We'll let that stand for now.  

That's a hit.

TOU: 15, Fort: 20

Dazed and Bruised, but not Stunned.

Since he's not a minion, he doesn't go down, and Takedown Attack doesn't trigger.

Give me an IC, then @Cubismo is up.

16 - Criminals

-- First Guy - Bruise (x1), Dazed

-- Second Guy - Unharmed

-- Spooky Guy - Unharmed

- 1 Big Guy near elevator - Unharmed

- 1 Guy to East of elevator - Unharmed

- 1 Guy to West of elevator - Unharmed

- Darkness obscure effect: 9/10 rounds remaining

Move Action: Going to move from the southern-most container to the eastern-most container. Got a 13 Stealth Check if that's necessary.

Standard Action: Attacking the Big Guy by the elevator with a Standard Arrow. That's another 16 on the Attack and another DC 20 vs. Toughness.

Not exactly digging those rolls, but I'll stick with them. 

• 2 weeks later...

That is, in fact, a miss!

Changing names a bit to make it easier to make them out

Bodyguard 1 clears the daze.

Bodyguard 2 attempts to attack Raven through the Obscure: 22, and he misses

Thug 1 and Thug 2 moves towards Arrow's position, between Big Guy and her. Thug 1 reaches her and attempts to attack: 13, that's a miss.

Spooky Guy attacks Raven with a perception range attacks. @KnightDisciple give me a DC18 Will save vs. a Paralyze effect

And the big guy moves towards the container North of Arrow and throws it aside, clearing space for him to engage the next round.

---

Nevermore uses a move action to drop down behind Thug 2 and attack with his Staff, using Takedown Attack 2 to attack Thug 1 if Thug 2 goes down: 24, that's a hit.

Thug 2 TOU vs DC23: 13

He's down

Nevermore attacking Thug 1: 19

Thug 1 TOU vs DC23: 17

He's down

Gonna Surge and do an Acrobatic Bluff vs the Big Guy: 24

Big Guy save vs. Acrobatic Bluff: 21

He's flat-footed, and I'll pass that bonus on to Arrow via Setup.

---

Gonna remove the KO'ed enemies with my next post to clear up the initiative order a bit.

@KnightDisciple is up after my ICs!

16 - Criminals

-- Bodyguard 1 - Bruise (x1)

-- Bodyguard 2 - Unharmed

-- Spooky Guy - Unharmed

- Big Guy East of elevator - Unharmed, Flat-footed vs. Arrow's next attack

- Thug 1 - KO

- Thug 2- KO

6 - Nevermore II - 3HP - Unharmed (fatigued on his turn)

- Darkness obscure effect: 8/10 rounds remaining

Note the container just North of the South-East X has been thrown into the wall.

spacer.png

Edited by RocketLord

Sorry for the delay!

Move Action: Going to back away from the eastern-most container and move to a space near the two containers that are near the big X so Arrow can get into line-of-sight with the folks Raven's grappling. Hope that makes sense. Got a visual aid below if it does not.

Standard Action: Going to take advantage of Nevermore's set-up and attack the Big Guy again with a Standard Arrow. Going to boost its DC by 5 with Power Attack. Got a 12 on the Attack, but I'll be re-rolling that with a Hero Point. I got a 26, which is a crit! Add another +5 to the DC. That's a DC 30 vs. Toughness altogether. ?

zbCty0f.png

And sorry for my delay!

@Cubismo The big guy sent the Eastern-most container flying into the wall. If you want to move to that position, you're gonna have to pass him, and he'll get a 

Do you still want to move past him? If you want to move to another position and use your rolls from above, that's fine, but if you move past him he gets a free attack (though with the 50% miss chance from the obscure).

I'll try to make an updated map soon.

Gotcha, RocketLord.

I thought Arrow was ahead of the Big Guy and wasn't how far he had advanced in his move action. 

I think I'll nix Arrow's own move action and just stick with her standard action if it means avoiding the Big Guy's attack of opportunity. 

Edited by Cubismo

That hits the big guy, so a TOU save: 33NOPE!

Spooky Guy steps back, away from melee with Raven. He uses Intimidate to Demoralize Raven: 34

Will Save, Intimidate or Sense Motive, take your pick! If you fail, you're Shaken for one round!

Bodyguard 1 attacks Raven, raising a gun and firing: 22. Miss on 11+ due to Obscure: 17

He misses!

Bodyguard 2 tries to break the grapple: 30

Let's see if you can keep him pinned!

The Big Guy rushes straight past Nevermore and goes for Arrow. He tries to hit her: 8

That's a miss!

Nevermore spends a HP to get rid of Fatigue

He attacks the Big Guy with a Stunning Attack from his Staff: 25

That's a hit, and a Crit! DC25 Fort save for the big guy.

Big Guy Fort Save: 14

Fail by 11, so he's unconscious!

@KnightDisciple is up!

20 - Raven III - 2HP - Unharmed

19 - Arrow IV - 1HP - Unharmed, Discovered

16 - Criminals

-- Bodyguard 2 - Unharmed, Grappled by Raven

-- Spooky Guy - Unharmed

- Big Guy East of elevator - Unconscious

6 - Nevermore II - 2HP - Unharmed

- Darkness obscure effect: 7/10 rounds remaining

Edited by RocketLord

Right, let's see.

Sense Motive: 25. Hm.

Grapple Check: 24.

I'm going to HP reroll the SM, because I care more about Raven not getting scared by a skinny punk than I do him not keeping hold on a squirrely bad guy.

SM Reroll: 16, which becomes 26, which is still not enough.

He's going to take his frustration out on Bodyguard 2. 

Move Action: Fast Acrobatic Feint: 25. I think he makes a Sense Motive of that DC or he's flat-footed? 

Standard Action: Melee Attack: 22. DC 24 Toughness save if that hits, along with DC 20 Fort vs Daze-only Stun. 

Lowering the feint and attack by 2 due to the Shaken status you just got.

Resist vs. DC23 Feint: 11, he's flat-footed

The attacks a hit.

TOU save: 13, he's staggered and dazed

Fort save: 16, he's already dazed, can't be double dazed.

@KnightDisciple give me an IC, then @Cubismo is up!

20 - Raven III - 1HP - Unharmed, Shaken till end of round (-2 on all attack rolls and checks)

16 - Criminals

-- Bodyguard 2 - Staggered, Dazed

-- Spooky Guy - Unharmed

Move Action: Moving forward past the downed Big Guy and Nevermore towards Raven and the goons at the skylight. Think of her being basically at the black dot I had her at in the visual aid I put up before.

Free Action: Going from Standard Arrows to Rapid-Fire Arrows on her Trick Arrows Array.

Standard Action: Attacking Bodyguard 1 and Spooky Guy with a Selective Area/Cone Blast Attack that's Targeted.  25 for the Attack. Bodyguard and Spooky Guy got to make a 20 vs. Toughness.

Both are hit.

Bodyguard 1: 25

Spooky Guy aka ??? Usher: 20 (I know the roll says Bodyguard 1, I forgot to change it)

Both make their saves! 

@KnightDisciple is up!

20 - Raven III - 1HP - Unharmed, Shaken till end of round (-2 on all attack rolls and checks)

16 - Criminals

-- Bodyguard 2 - Staggered, Dazed

-- Spooky Guy aka ??? Usher - Unharmed

Raven is going to go after Bodyguard 2. I don't think I even need to mess with Feinting him, but hey it's a move action.

Move Action: Fast Acrobatic Feint: 29.

Standard Action: Melee Attack, full Power Attack: 13. Let me know if that doesn't hit. I may or may not reroll. If it does hit, then that's a DC 29 Toughness and DC 20 Fort.