Alice ignored Billy's protests and the three bullet impacts, although she had a feeling like she had two new holes in her breastplate. Searching around she found an apartment building with some good cover from the street that didn't have taller buildings too near. She deposited the wannabe drug dealer there. "Listen kid, stay put. I don't know about you, but I don't know who sent those guys and I don't want you running into a mob hitman out for your blood. Hide here until I come back, I'm going to go deal with those four so I won't be here to catch bullets for you. Understand?" She didn't wait to hear his response, instead rocketing back to the school, landing where Billy had stood not moments before.

"Alright mystery gunmen, how about we come out for a little chat? You know your guns don't hurt me, and it'd save you the trouble of getting beaten on so it's really in your best interest to work with me here."

GM

Billy struggled, but didn't really have time to react before he was set down and Shooting Star was gone again before he could protest. Of course, with Shooting Star gone, he had time to reach into his pocket...

Back at the area with the mystery gunmen, they didn't seem to waste time continuing to shoot at Shooting Star. No words, nothing being shouted back at her, just shots flying all around her. A single found its mark, sending an electric shock shooting through her body the moment it Shooting Star's shoulder.

Alice shrugged off the electric shock, wincing between her mask as she feels the jolts run down her legs. She couldn't see where they were, but they didn't have to know that. "Okay, I think we've both made our points. You can't hurt me, and before you try gassing me I'll let you know that even if I was worried I don't need to breathe. So how about we talk about things like adults before I start getting mad. Just come out and we can all go our separate ways no worse for wear, the school won't need to replace any buildings, and I don't need to see if anyone online can come up with something worse than 'Collateral Damage Barbie'. Does that sound good to you all? It sounds pretty good to me, but if you really want to fight someone who can resist anti-tank munitions and juggle cars go right ahead." She lowered herself to the ground, standing easily in front of the gym pretending to buff something off of her breastplate. She hoped Billy was being smart and staying put, or else she was going to be upset to put it lightly.

GM

Alice's attempt at intimidating or drawing out her attackers might have worked. They were silent, hiding among the buildings. With Billy out of the way, it didn't seem like they really wanted to make any overt moves to reveal their position. If anything, Shooting Star would have to start looking for them, actively trying to find her attackers.

At least for a moment. Then the shots fly once more, raining down all around Shooting Star, two of them finding their mark, sending electric shocks coursing through her body once again.

• 3 weeks later...

Alice clenched her teeth, shrugging off the electric shocks again. She couldn't spot the idiots, especially with the way these things were dazzling her vision. When she got her hands on these idiots, she was going to crunch their guns into a small ball and throw it into the Sun! She started walking in the direction that the shots had come from, fuming silently. She really just wanted to bring on of the buildings down on their heads, but even ignoring that she didn't know which building they were in she didn't actually want to bring the school down around her ears, the whole reason she was here was so that someone else wouldn't do it!

"Are you idiots done?" She ground out, peering around. "Didn't you get the memo? I'm invincible, so give it up and surrender."

GM

No response still. Whoever was attacking Shooting Star, it didn't seem like they would be stupid enough to give away their positions just because of some taunt.

But maybe they would try something else?

The next thing Alice knew, a grenade came flying out from somewhere, landing right at her feet, where it released a green gas.

• 2 weeks later...

Alice was starting to wonder if these guys could even hear her as she stopped breathing before floating out of the cloud. She still couldn't spot them and it was wearing on her last nerve. At this point should she just fly away? She really didn't want to damage the school, and the only way to get them of she couldn't spot them would be to tear down the buildings and hope she got them with the collateral damage...

And they really should just tear down the maths building, it leaked and everything...

No, no she wasn't going to start tearing down buildings to force her school to replace them and hurt these guys. Maybe she could just phone the police, tell them there was active shooters at the school with grenades and stuff, that should get them coming in like the hammer of god. But then the police would be in danger and she didn't know how much hardware these guys actually had. When did being a superhero get so complicated? She missed the days when she just got cats out of trees.

"Are you done? 'Cause if you wanted to test a million weapons against me you could have just messaged one of my online accounts, I am verified on a couple of things and then you wouldn't have needed to hide in a school like a bunch of psychopaths. So since you apparently didn't hear me the first few times. You. Cannot. Hurt. Me." Alice bit out the last few words, her frustration and anger bubbling into her voice.

GM

Maybe they could hear Alice, maybe they couldn't, but at any rate, the so far hidden assailants kept attacking. With the grenade having had little effect, it seemed they were back to the stun rounds, shots raining down all over Shooting Star. Two would hit, one of them right in her face, too. The shots seemed to come from all around her, trying to push her back, keep her on defense. They seemed content to just stay back and take their time. 

Something was coming, heading towards Shooting Star. Whether she would notice or not in time was an entirely different question.