Alice ignored Billy's protests and the three bullet impacts, although she had a feeling like she had two new holes in her breastplate. Searching around she found an apartment building with some good cover from the street that didn't have taller buildings too near. She deposited the wannabe drug dealer there. "Listen kid, stay put. I don't know about you, but I don't know who sent those guys and I don't want you running into a mob hitman out for your blood. Hide here until I come back, I'm going to go deal with those four so I won't be here to catch bullets for you. Understand?" She didn't wait to hear his response, instead rocketing back to the school, landing where Billy had stood not moments before.

"Alright mystery gunmen, how about we come out for a little chat? You know your guns don't hurt me, and it'd save you the trouble of getting beaten on so it's really in your best interest to work with me here."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

Billy struggled, but didn't really have time to react before he was set down and Shooting Star was gone again before he could protest. Of course, with Shooting Star gone, he had time to reach into his pocket...

Back at the area with the mystery gunmen, they didn't seem to waste time continuing to shoot at Shooting Star. No words, nothing being shouted back at her, just shots flying all around her. A single found its mark, sending an electric shock shooting through her body the moment it Shooting Star's shoulder.

Alice shrugged off the electric shock, wincing between her mask as she feels the jolts run down her legs. She couldn't see where they were, but they didn't have to know that. "Okay, I think we've both made our points. You can't hurt me, and before you try gassing me I'll let you know that even if I was worried I don't need to breathe. So how about we talk about things like adults before I start getting mad. Just come out and we can all go our separate ways no worse for wear, the school won't need to replace any buildings, and I don't need to see if anyone online can come up with something worse than 'Collateral Damage Barbie'. Does that sound good to you all? It sounds pretty good to me, but if you really want to fight someone who can resist anti-tank munitions and juggle cars go right ahead." She lowered herself to the ground, standing easily in front of the gym pretending to buff something off of her breastplate. She hoped Billy was being smart and staying put, or else she was going to be upset to put it lightly.

GM

Alice's attempt at intimidating or drawing out her attackers might have worked. They were silent, hiding among the buildings. With Billy out of the way, it didn't seem like they really wanted to make any overt moves to reveal their position. If anything, Shooting Star would have to start looking for them, actively trying to find her attackers.

At least for a moment. Then the shots fly once more, raining down all around Shooting Star, two of them finding their mark, sending electric shocks coursing through her body once again.

• 3 weeks later...

Alice clenched her teeth, shrugging off the electric shocks again. She couldn't spot the idiots, especially with the way these things were dazzling her vision. When she got her hands on these idiots, she was going to crunch their guns into a small ball and throw it into the Sun! She started walking in the direction that the shots had come from, fuming silently. She really just wanted to bring on of the buildings down on their heads, but even ignoring that she didn't know which building they were in she didn't actually want to bring the school down around her ears, the whole reason she was here was so that someone else wouldn't do it!

"Are you idiots done?" She ground out, peering around. "Didn't you get the memo? I'm invincible, so give it up and surrender."

GM

No response still. Whoever was attacking Shooting Star, it didn't seem like they would be stupid enough to give away their positions just because of some taunt.

But maybe they would try something else?

The next thing Alice knew, a grenade came flying out from somewhere, landing right at her feet, where it released a green gas.

• 2 weeks later...

Alice was starting to wonder if these guys could even hear her as she stopped breathing before floating out of the cloud. She still couldn't spot them and it was wearing on her last nerve. At this point should she just fly away? She really didn't want to damage the school, and the only way to get them of she couldn't spot them would be to tear down the buildings and hope she got them with the collateral damage...

And they really should just tear down the maths building, it leaked and everything...

No, no she wasn't going to start tearing down buildings to force her school to replace them and hurt these guys. Maybe she could just phone the police, tell them there was active shooters at the school with grenades and stuff, that should get them coming in like the hammer of god. But then the police would be in danger and she didn't know how much hardware these guys actually had. When did being a superhero get so complicated? She missed the days when she just got cats out of trees.

"Are you done? 'Cause if you wanted to test a million weapons against me you could have just messaged one of my online accounts, I am verified on a couple of things and then you wouldn't have needed to hide in a school like a bunch of psychopaths. So since you apparently didn't hear me the first few times. You. Cannot. Hurt. Me." Alice bit out the last few words, her frustration and anger bubbling into her voice.

GM

Maybe they could hear Alice, maybe they couldn't, but at any rate, the so far hidden assailants kept attacking. With the grenade having had little effect, it seemed they were back to the stun rounds, shots raining down all over Shooting Star. Two would hit, one of them right in her face, too. The shots seemed to come from all around her, trying to push her back, keep her on defense. They seemed content to just stay back and take their time. 

Something was coming, heading towards Shooting Star. Whether she would notice or not in time was an entirely different question.

Alice felt the now familiar shock of the body shot, but hadn't been prepared to be hit in the face with the electric charge. She staggered as electricity ran through her, dropping to one knee. At first she thought that the crashing sound coming towards her was due to the shock, but quickly realised that there was something heading towards her. At this point she wasn't sure if she wanted help, or someone to beat up who wasn't hiding way too well for her comfort.

Archer II

A series of quick *twang* sounds from a building above were all the warning the group attacking Shooting Star received before a series of arrows came flying at the highest window to the right on the building, flying through it and hitting the man behind it several times.

"Two on the roof, one in the lower middle window! Take them down, now!"

On the building opposite, Shooting Star could see a man dressed in red and white, with a long red bandana flowing in the wind. He had a bow in his hand, already drawing another arrow from the quiver on his back.

"This is a school you idiots! There's kids here!"

Alice shook herself off, shaking off the stunning effect. She flashed a quick smile towards the hero on the roof. "Thanks! Let's take these guys out!" she yelled before shooting towards the man in the window, shattering the sound barrier with ease, smashing through the glass and some of the wall. "Alright, you had your fun. It's my turn now!" She lashed her arm out at the guy, her fist gliding past his head. She once more lamented not taking boxing lessons or something. Rolling with it, she floated in front of the man, cape flapping after the fast movement. "That was a warning shot. Surrender before I actually hit you."

Edited by Kaede Kimura
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

The attacker rolled, still dazed from the arrows that had hit already, he staggered about, somehow being lucky enough to avoid Shooting Star's blow. He shook his head, trying to get his bearings once more, finally starting to raise his rifle. 

Now that she was up close, Alice could see that that he wore tactical gear, not unlike what you would see a SWAT team wear, with a high powered rifle in his hands. The others wore similar equipment. The room was a regular apartment, nothing special about it at first glance.

With their target out of reach, the last three started shooting at Archer, shots raining all around him.

Whatever had been making noise before, Alice could no longer hear it inside the building.

Edited by RocketLord

Archer II

Alright, no more playing around then. Rolling to the side, with shots flying all around him, Archer only just managed to avoid a shot that would have hit his shoulder, inches away. He quickly placed the arrow he had drawn mid-movement on his bow and took aim at the roof where two of the attackers ahd been hiding. 

He let the arrow fly, watching it glide through the air, already reaching for the next arrow as it exploded in brilliant, blinding light. It would be a while before those two could see anything again.

Archer let the other arrow fly towards a nearby building, then jumped off his roof, swinging on the line attached to the arrow to reach the roof with the two attackers.

• 4 weeks later...

Shooting Star swept her arm at the guy again, annoyed at her inability to hit the guy. Was it too much for her to beat some catharsis out of this guy? She could hear the other hero managing fine so why did she have to be so terrible at hitting things? Not for the first time she regretted not taking boxing classes, but how would she take a boxing class without spoiling her secret identity? Maybe she should ask the guy with the bow if he knew anyone she could train with since she could assume someone trained him. For now she just snarled at the frustratingly unpunched man in front of her.

GM

"Wha...?" The armored man in front of Shooting Star was more lucky than anything, stumbling out of the way of the punch. He shook his head, trying to regain his composure, even if just a little bit. Raising his rifle, he fired a burst of shots, the bullets ricochetting off Shooting Star's body.

The man inside the building pulled back. With no targets, he disappeared further into the building.

Above, the two blinded attackers were shooting wildly around in Archer's general direction, but with little luck, even as the spots started to disappear and they started to see again.

Archer II

They had training and gear. Someone paid good money for these. But why? Their method was sloppy, attacking in broad daylight, firing out windows. Sure, they had stayed hitting, giving them an advantage over the kid they were fighting, but aside from that, they were firing wildly, panicking the moment they were at a disadvantage. 

Leaning out of the way of a burst of shots, Connor pulled a few arrows from his quiver. Moving to the side, he let them fly, three arrows finding their goal and sending shocks through the target and... he still stood.

Alright, fine. No more stun arrows. No more tricks. No more playing nice.

Alice pulled back as he fired, eyes widening as the bullets ricocheted in every direction. "Jesus Christ you idiot! Are you trying to shoot yourself? Bullets bounce off of me!" She didn't want this thug dying because a bullet bounced off of her face and into something vital. "If you want to get hurt that badly just stand still, and it won't come with the humiliation of shooting yourself accidentally." Alice swung again, her fist colliding with his head. The man collapsed heavily, mask shattering as her metal-like fist struck it.

Alice looked down at her fist, surprised that she'd actually managed to hit the man. She considered giving a one-liner, but reckoned it pointless given her lack of an audience. Instead she silently floated from the shattered window, looking around for the other hero.

Edited by Kaede Kimura

GM

The two men continued to fire at Archer, letting loose all around the rapidly dodging hero, but with little succes. 

"Man down." One of them quickly barked at the other in between bursts of fire. "Didn't plan for backup. Abort?" 

The other took a brief pause, looked at Archer, then fired again without responding.

Archer II

Connor pulled a handful of arrows his quiver. No more being flashy and smart, then. These guys wanted to play rough, he'd play rough. Nothing fancy, just arrows. 

Moving to the side as he circled around them, he started firing arrow after arrow at the man that had just talked, each hitting its goal and digging into him, going through any armor he might have. Arms, legs, bodyshots... It wasn't long before he fell down, leaving just one more target on the roof.

Reaching for another arrow, he raised it and took aim.

• 2 weeks later...

Alice quickly flew over to the man who wasn't now masquerading as a porcupine, raising one hand to strike the man. She swing it into his side with speed, careful not to overdo it as her hand probably weighed more than him.

She looked over to the other hero with a smile. "Hey, thanks for the assist. I'm Shooting Star, who are you?"

GM

With Shooting Star flying in, the tide of the battle had really turned. The hit connected to the man's side, sending him crashing to the side and into the small building on the roof that led to the stairs.

Just as the man climbed to his feet, the last attacker kicked the door open and started firing wildly towards Shooting Star. He probably should have aimed first, his shots flying wildly and hitting nothing.

Archer II

"Amateurs." Connor leaned to the side, out of the way of the of the bullets that the last of the men had just shot wildly all around them. He was not amused. Attacking someone at a school was bad enough, but shooting all over the place like that? They might be on a roof, but a stray shot could easily hurt someone. Or worse.

He looked over at the girl. She was young. Probably still in school. But she had powers. Strong, but had held back on that punch. Still, didn't look like she had any training. He had to keep an eye on her, then.

"Archer." Connor's reply was short as he reached for more arrows. He fired, sending a true rain of arrows at the two men still standing, striking both several times.

Alice spun as the guy opened fire, angry at the latest person to risk hurting everyone but her by shooting at her. Quickly she covered the distance between them, her fist flashing over his head, "Like I told your friend, shooting me doesn't work! You've already proven that your guns don't hurt me! The only people in danger when you do that are yourself, your allies and any poor soul who happens to be walking too close!"
Her rant over Alice took a moment to be surprised to meet someone claiming to be Archer. It wasn't a name which people thought well of, so this guy was probably serious. Turning to him, she gave him a nod. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Now lets take these guys out and find out who sent them."

Edited by Kaede Kimura

GM

The man stumbled out of the way, just in time to not get hit by Shooting Star's blow. He shook his head, trying to get his bearings again, while his companion was busy pulling arrows out of his arm and shoulder.

The heroes had a moment's respite, at least, while the attackers regrouped. 

Archer II

Still standing? These guys were tough. Amateurs, but tough amateurs. 

Reaching for blunt arrows, Connor frowned as he took aim again. Shooting Star got into his line of sight, couldn't risk hitting her if he fired at them both again. 

Instead, he focused on the other, sending a couple of arrows flying at him, hitting him in the chest with a blunt arrow. A bruise, maybe. He didn't flinch.

Reaching for another arrow, Connor moved forward, leapt and spun around to set up a distraction.