"That feels weird but I guess it makes sense?" Chitin allowed as Malachite's mouth was covered in duct tape. "Oh! Yeah, she's fine!" He toggled one of the chambers on his belt, prompting a powering down sound and another burst of displaced air as the yellow components of his armour vanished to their pocket dimension and Yellow reverted to her original formation, separate from the helmet. The little robot buzzed about Chitin's right shoulder making concerned noises. "Hah, I'm fine too, Yellow, honest!" Despite his assurances now that the fighting was over he was clamping his left hand down over his right arm, which was hanging at his side. "I got in the way of his knife," he explained to Eira, sounding more embarrassed than anything behind his faceplate. "Man... Cleaning blood out of the inside of the suit is such a pain..."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eira looked at Ryder and declared, "Why did you not say anything? Suppose you had fainted while we fought the idiot!" She cocked her head as if listening to an inaudible noise, then said, "Wander is on her way to retrieve the drive and the idiot; come on." She opened the door to a nearby office, leaving it half-open so they could make sure their prisoner wasn't escaping, and pulled a first aid kit off the wall. With a practiced hand she cracked it open and looked Ryder over. "Do you need help removing that?" she asked him unsmilingly, his body reflected in her metallic face as if he was facing a girl made entirely of chrome. "I have enough sharp implements to cut through a great many devices." She did something inside her wrist, and her datacable wriggled free (clearly coming from underneath her arm), its tip looking razor-sharp. 

"Oh, uh, think about your life choices and try not to let this feed into your pretty obvious persecution complex, okay?" Chitin called to Malachite as he was ushered into the nearby room. He turned around to face Eira to find the sharpened end of the data cable pointing toward him. "Haha, yikes! No, no, I'm good!" He toggled his belt a second time and the glowing edges of the device's dimensional pocket reappeared and retrieved the base armour, leaving Ryder in his normal clothes.

The right sleeve of his hoodie was torn about halfway between the shoulder and elbow, stained a dark red-brown. "That probably looks a lot worse that it actually is," he claimed with a poorly suppressed wince. Yellow landed on the wall mounts that had held the first aid kit and made anxious sounds.

Eira went to work with a cool but not actually hostile efficiency, first rolling up the sleeve, then sterilizing the wound with alcoholic wipes. "It is not as bad as it appeared," she said, half-sympathetically as she put a cotton pad over the wound. "Limb wounds bleed but are rarely dangerous, as long as they are treated." She was quiet for a while as she worked, wrapping a bandage around Ryder's arm. "There, that should hold it, yes?" she said softly. "Does it hurt?" she sounded more curious than worried.

Ryder watched Eira work with studious interest then moved his arm back and forth and flexed experimentally. "Not too bad! Don't think I'll need one of your arms just yet!" he assessed with a smile. His good cheer had evidently returned in full with little prompting. Yellow took to the air again and circled about the room before landing atop Eira's head, peering down at Ryder and buzzing angrily. "Well I wasn't going to just let you get hit with a knife!" her inventor protested, shrugging helplessly. "I'll be more careful next time!"

• 2 weeks later...

Eira smiled briefly, then dismissed the expression, then let it persist. "I suppose we had better go make our report to the adults," she finally said carelessly, "surely those children's parents will have come for them by now." She frowned and said, "I will see you around, yes? You must be getting a 'proper education'" she added with a distinct scowl, "if you are Dragonfly's student.

"Do we have to give an actual report? Feel like 'this guy appeared and started throwing knives' is gonna lead to some follow up questions I can't answer super well." Ryder rolled his shoulder a few times experimentally then offered his hand for Yellow to sit atop. The robotic wasp made a huffy little buzz and planted herself more firmly on Eira's head, earning a cheerful laugh from her creator. "You'll totally see us around! I mean, I think I'm sort of on probation while Dragonfly decides if I'm gonna embarrass her or accidentally turn myself into meat origami with spatial warping tech but I've got a good feeling about it!"