Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

The Tea Party Guests stumbled around, some holding their ears, some yelling and trying to make sense of what was going on without anyone to tell them what to do. Waverider's efforts had paid off, giving the heroes a moment's respite from the civilians that they were trying to keep safe. A single moment where they didn't have to worry about hitting anyone but the Looking Glass Gang around them.

 

On screens around them, in various shops and stores, they image of the White Rabbit appeared. He was smiling, it was almost as if he was looking at them.

 

Oh no, oh no, have you heard, my dear friends? Some people just don't want a party? They're at the Yellow Brick Row, giving our dear friends Bill and the Dormouse some trouble. Hurry, hurry now! Go and help our friends!

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Waverider

 

Yeah, okay. Things were getting extra special weird. So Naomi decide to focus on what she could do right now. And what she could do right now was F up a lizardman. Parties were overrated anyway. They were also so noisy. Loud music, lots of talking people…so many vibrations. It was honestly offputting. Even if getting a bit trashed with friends was fun. Oh, and all the dudes who wanted to bang her. Because yes, Naomi was reasonably hot, especially in a college setting with the liquor flowing freely. She was literally incapable of saying no, and also an “exotic beauty”. Meaning douchebros wanted to add an interesting notch to their bedposts. No, thanks. Oh, right. F’ing up a lizardman. She fired off another regular strength blast at Bill.

Link to post

GM

 

"Oh, oh... No!" Bill was quite perplexed, all of these people attacking him all at once, all striking and figting and then... noise. He shook, something making him shake and vibrate, like someone was trying to shake his entire body apart. 

 

It was not a good time to be a lizard, little or otherwise.

 

For his part, the Dormouse seemed to realize what was happening. From his doorway under Visionary, he shook his head and tsk'ed. "Such a shame, was not his game, I should leave, or suffer the same."

 

He closed the door under Visionary, disappearing once again.

Link to post

Protectron

 

The mighty mechanoid received Emerald Spider's message as Bill evaded its last grapple attempt, moments before the White Rabbit's broadcast blared in its mind!

 

Spoiler

 

Transmissions incoming

ALERT: WHITE RABBIT SIGNAL DETECTED

Isolating...

Reconfiguring internal sensors to  track quantum and radio signatures...

ALERT: Bill the Lizard still a present threat, though Waverider's attack seems to have rattled him.

 

 

"Warning," it announced in its flat yet forceful tone, "White Rabbit is sending more people to this area, with orders to 'help' Bill and Doormouse.  'Help' may manifest as attacks up on us."  The multitasking mechanoid lunged for the Bill again, attempting to wrap its arms around the dazed man-lizard and squeeze him into submission.  "I am working on tracking both Doormouse's location and the source of White Rabbit's transmission."

Link to post

GM

 

Bill was a slippery lizard, wily and fast, and yet not fast enough to evade the effort of the mechanized man. It was big, it was strong, it had a pretty cape, moved too fast for the lizard to escape. The wind was crushed from the poor not-so-little lizard, and try as he migth to wriggle and escape, he had to give up in the robot's embrace.

 

The lizard was down, his breathing faint but alive, lost for the world for now, but around them the masses would gather. The party was strong, with guests a'plenty. The Dormouse was gone, he appeared lost, but still, the party must go on!

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Emerald Spider

The lizards might be down, and that felt good to say (maybe she should get herself more animal themed villains?), they had to deal with the controlled crowd. Keeping on the post she made a quick calculation before making the hand gestures to release a cloud of quantum web that would hopefully bound a large portion of the crowd, she couldn’t get everyone or else getting the other heroes stuck on the quantum webbing.

 

How about y’all just stick around and chill out? Whilst we figure out how to sort this all out.” she looked down at the others “One of you has a plan right?”

Link to post

Justice

 

Guess they built them to be strong where Protectron was from... at least compared to Bill the Lizard. Robin grit her teeth behind her helmet, the force of the blow was something alright. She turned to face wherever the Dormouse had gone, but... he was gone. No luck tracking him, either.

 

The crowds were still all around them, still getting into trouble, but what could they do to stop them without hurting them? Emerald Spider's webbing was a good step, but they would break free eventually, and then what?

 

"Is anyone able to track the Dormouse or the signal that White Rabbit's using? I can probably rig something up real quick, but, ya know..." She motioned to the webbed up people around them.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Protectron

 

"I have been unable to track Doormouse's movements," Protectron announced as he set Bill down, "as I am unable to determine his method of transportation.  However, I have picked up an anomalous signal, matching that which carried the White Rabbit's message.  It is coming from the Riverfront," the mechanoid rotated first its head, then the rest of its body, in that direction.

 

Spoiler

Observation: Self's personal headquarters are on Riverfront.  Convenience to city centers, shipping lanes, and technology which attracted me may have drawn White Rabbit.

 

It's eyes flashed briefly, "cross-referencing online maps.... signal coming from Emerald Tower.  Researching... Emerald Tower is a recent construction by MarsTech.  Access to MarsTech may make White Rabbit more formidable than usual."  Its head rotated back around to face Justice, "you have familiarity with MarsTech.  Do you have ideas on what we may be facing in there?"

Link to post

Waverider

 

Okay, so fight won, right? Well, the mouse had gone…somewhere. So…they were at loose ends. But something was bothering Naomi. A tinge at the edge of perception. So she flew higher, where the hustle and bustle of the city died down some. Sitting crosslegged on a sound wave, she closed her eyes and concentrated. That was where the others were. This was…not it. It was like…you know how radar and sonar screens look in movies and TV? That was Naomi’s mental image, with herself at the center. Not the Riverfront. Not the bridges. North and South were clear…oh! If she could have shouted, she would have. Emerald Tower. A lot of vibrations there. Footsteps…wow okay, that was a lot of people. And now the same old trouble. She did not have a way to tell them all at once. So she descended to where she was before, and snapped her fingers loudly three straight times. With attention grabbed, she pointed towards Emerald Tower and starting slowly flying that way. She obviously was unaware Protectron had spoken.

Link to post

Emerald Spider

Peri knew the layout of the Tower pretty well, or at least parts of it, one advantage of her day job. No one knew or cared who kept the air-conditioning running so she knew most of the rooftops of the skyscrapers of Emerald City, which was handy as it was mostly how she tended to travel around as Emerald Spider.

 

Well we can get there pretty quickly I know a pretty quick route. she pause before adding “Though we’ll have to figure out what to do to stop them doing this all again.”

 

She looked a little guilty at the webbed up people, luckily no one could see that under her mask.

 

Luckily, or not, the quantum filaments can’t last more than an hour on a macro scale.”

Link to post

Justice

 

"Web up the lizard guy too," Robin offered, looking over at Bill. She really didn't want him to wake up and come running at them again.

 

Her mind was already racing. Emerald Tower. That was Max Mars' building. Was he in league with the White Rabbit? Was there a reason that he choose that place? Or was it just random? There were too many options, too many variables, she couldn't possibly think of all them at once, right here and right now.

 

Waverider pointed in the same direction as Protectron, so... they had to be right, right?

 

 "Mars usually means robots and tech. He will probably have some automated defenses in there." She paused for a second. "I don't think he would ally with the White Rabbit, but just a few months ago I thought he was a good guy, so what do I know?" It still stung.

 

 "Alright, E.S., can you catch up to Waverider and lead the way? If you got a way inside, we'll use that, I really don't wanna start on the bottom floor. Protectron, can you home in on that signal somehow when we get closer?" 

 

Robin shifted the configuration on her armor. Rocket boosts for a jump. They needed to move over the city. With a quick burst, she leapt up above the city, heading for the Emerald Tower.

Link to post

GM

 

Emerald Tower stood high, tall towards the sky. Emerald, glittering, it was a pretty sight. As they approached, sounds of fighting could be heard from the base of the tower. A group of five people in Ultio Suits were fighting the massive horde of Tea Party Guests that had gathered at the base of the tower, doing their best to fight they way inside. So far, they were not making much progress, in part hindered by several other Ultio Suit Users that had joined the guests in protecting the tower. They at least seemed hesitant to harm the brainwashed masses.

 

Oh, laying siege to the tower, are we? That we can't have, no, not at all, my dear friends! We are having a party, after all! And the five of you are not on the guest list!

 

The White Rabbit's voice boomed from loudspeakers near the door to the tower. 

 

But don't worry, my friends... soon, you will join us!

 

He paused briefly.

 

Remember, don't be late: It is time for your very important date!

Edited by RocketLord
Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

Emerald Spider

For a few seconds Peri watched Justice takes to the skies, she guessed that was the end of there planning stage. Team ups were always so much more frustrating than solo work, but everything considered she knew she couldn’t handle all this along. Still she could at least enjoy a moment of being irked before getting on with getting the job done. She raised her hand to prepare to release a cord of quantum web, before she fired off the line she looked over at her other team mates.

 

Lets move out then! Anyone needs a lift?”

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Protectron

 

"Observation," the magnanimous mechanoid announced, "I have acquired a finer trace on the White Rabbit's signal."  It pointed towards one of the antennae on the roof, then down to a window ten floors below it.  "There, on the 66th floor, is the source of the broadcast."

 

Spoiler

Running combat scenarios...

 

"We have sufficient numbers to effect a multi-pronged attack.  One team approach from above, disable antenna.  Second team simultaneously approaches White Rabbit's position from below."  It rotated its head around to see the mob assaulting the Emerald Tower's ground entrance, then rotated back to face the others, "if any of you can move with stealth, I may be able to generate a distraction, to focus their attention to the ground level."

Link to post

Justice

 

Robin looked to Emerald Spider and Protectron. So, they had a location and a plan. Alright.

 

"66th floor?" Just what was Mars hiding in there, anyway? She kind of wanted to peek around a bit more, but they didn't have time now, did they? 

 

"I can probably blink in there, but Mars probably got some defenses against that. If E.S. has a secret way in, then the two of us can go in there while Protectron does his big distraction. Does that work for the rest of you?"

Link to post

Protectron

 

The amicable android nodded, then looked to each of its teammates in turn.  "Please standby," it said.  From the lenses on its forehead, in its eyes, on its shoulderpieces and in its chest, wide beams of multicolored lights washed over each hero.  It then turned and faced the growing mob, and sections of the plating on its chest and abdomen slid back.  With superhuman speed, the robot removed a never-ending stream of components from its abdominal cavity, assembling them into a crude skeleton.  Thin, fibrous tendrils shot out of ports deep within its chest, adding musculature to the frame.  Other ports sprayed on quick-setting polymers that formed skin-like covering and clothing.

 

In moments, life-sized action figure duplicates of Emerald Spider, Justice, Visionary, and Waverider stood before them.  A close look would instantly reveal their synthetic nature -- plastic skin, obvious seams, unblinking eyes -- but from a distance, or among a mob of dazed civilians, they might could fool someone into thinking they were the real deal.  Except, of course, that they weren't moving.

 

And then they were.

 

A signal from their creator activated the replicants, which turned and ran towards the mob.

 

"They possess limited combat abilities," Protectron said, keeping its optics on them, "but should prove an adequate distraction."

Link to post

GM

 

There's the party poopers that my dear friend the Dormouse told me about! Quick, act fast, you can't delay! Stop them, so can have ourselves as happy day!

 

The White Rabbit's voice carried through the sound system. The Tea Party Guests were quick to act, hurrying towards the replicants as they reached the bottom of the Emerald Tower. If nothing else, Protectron's distraction paid off. So far, all eyes seemed to be on the replicants on the ground, leaving other paths open to the heroes.

Link to post

Emerald Spider

Emerald Spider looked over at her duplicate, thinking how weird it was to see herself like that. But weird was her business now, went with being a super hero really.

 

At least it should be marginally better than myself then! If we need to start a Tussauds EC we know who to call!” she looked again before turning away, not able to resist a final comment “And I’d thought I was taller, why didn’t no one tell me?”

 

Another pause before saying, as confidently as she could manage.

 

Well then lets do this thing shall we?”

Link to post

Justice

 

With Emerald Spider leading the way, Robin readied the gravity defying pads for her hands and feet and leapt across the street, landing on the side of the building. No alarms or anything so far, but that was probably only a matter of time.

 

They soon reached Emerald Spider's secret entrance, an airduct. From behind her helmet, Robin sent the other heroine a quick look before moving inside, the two slowly moving through it until reaching a closet where they could exit. 

 

They didn't have a ton of room, but they were inside, even if they had no idea what waited for them on the other side of the door.

 

"I think we're a couple of floors above White Rabbit. Let's do this."'

 

She opened the door, moving into the hallway.

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

GM

 

In front of the Emerald Tower, Protectron led a group of replicated heroes against the White Rabbit's party guests, the people that had fallen under his thrall. Their numbers were great, they were innocents caught in all of this. His mission was simple: Create a distraction to allow Emerald Spider and Justice to stop the signal and free the city.

 

Inside Emerald Tower, Emerald Spider and Justice exited the closet, coming into a long hallway. Nothing out of the ordinary, but they were just a few floors above the 66th, and the source of the signal.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Emerald Spider

Quickly scanning the walls near the closet she spotted what she’d expected to find. Working as an Air Conditioning Engineer might not be glamorous but it meant she knew where to find all the ducting that linked all the floors together, without anyone knowing they were there until needed.

 

Leaping up she stuck herself, at what for many might seem an odd angle, next to the vent. She had the right tools so it wouldn’t take much effort to open the cover and climb inside the vents.

 

Think you can fit yourself in here?” she whispered down to Justice “The vent here are vastly over engineered and take our weights easily, I did a little research just in case it became useful at some point.” she wondered if Justice would find it strange that she knew this kind of information. Supers tended to know lots of weird obscure information she had noticed over the years.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...