• 3 weeks later...

Quoth the Raven

Had he done it? Was this it? Was that really it?

Charlie just stared at the computer screen. All the data pointed to this. The times the Raven had relocated, the times someone else had taken up the identity, the battles, the investigations, everything… it all pointed to the Summers family. Duncan Summers had been the first Raven. Callie Summers had been the second, and Aleksander Nakani was the third Raven. Aleksander had both been the easiest and most difficult to figure out. He just didn’t fit in with the first two Ravens being family, but he fit in perfectly with everything else. He had clearly been Nevermore for a while, before he became the Raven.

It hadn’t been easy, of course. It had taken him three years to get this far, even when he had used data collected for more than double that. And it wasn’t like anyone took a teenager running around asking questions about the Raven seriously in the first place. But now, at the age of 15, Charlie had done it. He knew who the Raven was.

Charlie did not make the Summers family connection as fast as that might have made it sound. It had taken much longer, along with several detours. Others might have supplied the Ravens with their technology and training. The Ravens might have been hired by someone, either a corporation of some kind, or maybe just some rich person that wanted to make a difference. That could have accounted for the different Ravens, but it felt wrong. The Raven was not just someone hired to fill a position, there had to be more to them than that. Charlie continued. He compiled the data. Photos, fights, anything. The first Raven started being active during or just before the early 60’es. The second at some point in the early 90’es or just before that, she was around for the Terminus Invasion in 1992, at least. The third first appeared a few years before, in 2016, after having been Nevermore from 2014.  

The key had been the succession. When one Raven succeeded the previous, when someone new took on the name. It had only happened twice so far, and only one succession had been direct, when Nevermore became the Raven. Isolated, it was not much of a hint. For anyone that gave it a bit of thought, it was clear that Nevermore had to be the new Raven. But then what about the old Raven? What was she up to? At the same time, one Calliope “Callie” Summers succeeded her father, Duncan Summers, as the headmistress of the prestigious Claremont Academy. Callie Summers was rich, sure, but she also seemed to be in excellent shape, and there was just something familiar about her. Pictures of all Ravens were rare, but she seemed a close fit for the second Raven. Besides, the Summers fortune could account for all of the Ravens technology.

Still, it was not enough. It was part of the solution, but not everything he needed. He needed evidence, not just a gut feeling. He needed to fit it all together. He chased down the Summers family connection. It had to be it. If Charlie looked at everything from that angle, with the Summers family being the connection between the Ravens, maybe even their identities, then maybe it would make sense. There were other leads, other potential connections. He took the time, he looked for connections. Charlie had to make sure, he could not just pursue a lead that felt right. His intuition was better than he thought.

The first Raven had been active in New York until he disappeared. It took a lot of digging, but it seemed like the first Raven’s final case involved his archenemy, the nefarious Dr. Sin. Following their final battle, Duncan Summers started using a cane. It was cited to be due to an accident, and it could have been, of course, but the timing was conspicuous. Duncan got married, and he had a kid. The Raven was nowhere to be seen for years, then, suddenly, he reappeared for a single mission. The details were scarce, but Duncan lost his wife during that time, and shortly after the second Raven appeared, who just so happened to be a woman. And this was where the Raven succession mattered. After the Terminus Invasion in 1992, the second Raven relocated to Freedom City, as did the both Duncan Summers and his daughter, Calliope. A lot of people had relocated to Freedom City at that time, of course, but it was some coincidence.

Charlie had continued to follow the trail. The Copycat was seen with the Raven for a short while, some other sidekicks, none of them really lasting long. Then, in 2014, Nevermore first appeared. Now he was difficult to place at first. If Charlie considered the first Raven to be Duncan Summers and the second to be Callie Summers, then who was Nevermore? As far as he could find out, Callie never had any children. Maybe a cousin? No, he couldn’t find anything like that. He could not find anything that connected Nevermore. Another dead end, which threw his entire theory in doubts.

But then, he looked ahead. A man named Aleksander Nakani. It took a lot of digging, someone had really wanted to hide the data, but eventually, Charlie discovered the truth: Aleksander had been one of several children saved from indoctrination by the Raven and the Freedom League. That was the connection. The body type, the timing, everything matched.

Charlie was still not sure that he was right. It was still a long shot, despite the years he had spent pouring over data. Even after finally making the final connection, he waited for months. He did all he could to make sure that he was right. Secondary sources, tertiary. Compiled the data again and again. It all made sense. This had to be it.

He had left his home in Greenville one morning, taking the bus to North Bay, then walked all the way to the Summers Manor. Standing outside, he had hesitated, before he rang the bell.

This was it, then. He could be wrong. He could have made a mistake somewhere. Maybe he had made the wrong connection, maybe his choices had been colored by his bias… or maybe he was right. And this would be the beginning to his origin story…

20 Questions

The headmistress looked at the young man in front of her. He was reclining in his chair, sitting with little care for posture or appearance, dressed in a pair of well-worn jeans and white t-shirt with a red bird logo on it. This was not the first time that a member of the Raven family had attended Claremont, and if her father’s legacy stayed strong, it would not be the last.

“Alright, Charlie. Let’s do this one more time. Everything has to perfect when you join the school.”

“Sure, you’re the boss’ boss.”

The kid had to remember it all, memorize everything about his new cover identity. He was a member of the Raven family. He couldn’t just let everyone know his real name.

“First question, then. Where are you from?”

“I'm from Southside, right here in Freedom City.” Of course Callie knew that he was really from Greenville.

“So, how would you describe your looks?”

“I guess I look athletic? I keep in shape, I kind of have to with this life style. Not really much different from what most others would say, I guess.” Not much they could do there. Hair dye would only go so far, and if anything it’d make the students more curious about him.

“Anything about how you talk or act that stand out?”

“Well, I was chosen by the Raven to be his sidekick, so I guess I get a bit cocky. I guess that stands out a bit.” Well, he shouldn’t stand out. It would be best if Charlie was just a regular student, hanging out in the background, but somehow, Callie doubted it was going to end like that.

“So, why did you do it? Why did you become the new Nevermore?”

“The Raven found me, back in Southside. I warned him when some thugs tried to sneak up on him. He kept tabs on me, liked what he saw, and offered me the job, and I liked it. Now I want to become even better than him. One day, I’ll become the world’s greatest detective.” Callie knew it was a lie, of course. Charlie had been a Raven fan. He was a smart kid, he had figured out the current Raven’s identity, and through that, the rest of the Ravens, including her. The last part sounded genuine, at least.

“What about your strengths? Any weaknesses that we might try to work on while you’re at Claremont?”

“My greatest strength? I'm smart. Really smart. I know tactics, I know how to do detective work, I can get in your head and figure out what makes you tick, and how to stop you. Still, I'm pretty new at all this, and I haven't really tried to fly solo yet. The boss is a bit overprotective, won't let me out on my own, so I still got a lot to learn.”

“So, what gets you going? Tell me a bit more about yourself. What do you love? What do you hate?”

“I love a good mystery. Anything that can challenge me, something that's not just mean old Mr. Jones again. I dunno if hate is the right word, but I'm not a big fan of the kind of people that'll endanger other people just to get at a hero. Don't take hostages, attack directly, right?” Or not attack at all, Callie would prefer that. Still, not bad responses.

“You’re working with the Raven, he’s supposed to be kind of intense. How are you doing? Any mental issues we need to take note of?”

Charlie shook his head. “Nah, I’m good. No trauma or anything in the past, I do this because I want to, because I got what it takes.”

“No trauma? Then what are you afraid might happen?”

“I’m actually pretty scared that someone figures out my real name and starts attacking my friends and family. They're not responsible for what I've chosen to do, y'know.”

“Alright, fears covered. What about ambitions, then? You’re still a kid, what do you want to be when you grow up?”

“I’m gonna be the world’s greatest detective. Some day, I’m gonna be the guy that everyone comes to when they need help solving a mystery.”

“Bold words. What about the state of the world, then? How do you feel about your place in it?”

“Could be better, could be worse. I’ll help it turn out better.”

“There’s students of all kinds at Claremont. Do you have any prejudices we need to be aware of?”

“I don’t think so? I usually try to judge people on their own, not about what group they’re in.”

“You’re coming into the school with your own agenda. Where do your loyalties lie?”

“My friends and family comes first. No question there. That includes the whole Raven family, by the way. I guess if I gotta rank them the boss ranks above Ashley, at least.”

“Any girlfriend or boyfriend we need to know about?”

“Nah. Haven’t had anything that amounted to more than dates.”

“What about your family? What’s your relationship with them?”

Charlie paused for a brief moment. “I’m an orphan, so the closest to family would be the Raven and the rest of the Raven family. I’d like to think I’m close with them, even if some of them probably see me as the annoying younger sibling.” That was another lie. Callie knew that Charlie had a loving mother and father, with his grandfather living close by. They were all very proud of him and the job he had helping out and living at the Summers Manor.

“How would you closest friends describe you?”

Charlie laughed. “Way too cocky for my own good.”

“Do you think that you’re a role model?”

“I’m still just a kid, I’m not even nearly done training to be a real hero. One day, I’m gonna be the one that everyone else wants to be, but I’m not there yet.”

“How do you feel about religions? Are you spiritual? We have had a few students go into shock when they met demigods and the like.”

“I don’t really think about it a lot, I guess?”

“I know that you’re part of a team, but others might not. Explain it to me.”

“Alright, so, I’m the second Nevermore, the third Raven’s sidekick, which means I’m a part of the extended Raven family. It’s not really a team like that, but we tend to work together when the situation calls for it. I guess I’ll be part of a team here at Claremont too, with all the squads and everything going on.”

“You’re a normal human, no special powers, only skills and technology. The majority of our students are metahumans, aliens or some other kind. How do you feel about that?”

“Sure, they can be dangerous, but so can a guy with a gun. It depends on the individual. I kind of grew up with super people just being a fact of life, so I guess I’m used to it. Just means I’ll have to work harder to figure out how to beat bad guys with powers, right?”

“Makes sense.” Callie paused, just for a moment. “Last question, then: You’re part of a legacy here. My father’s legacy. What makes you think that you’re uniquely suited to be part of the Raven family?”

Charlie paused. This wasn’t part of the orientation questions at all. Still, he smiled as he leaned forward. “I figured out who all of you were. You gave the last guy that did that a job, didn’t you? I guess I’m just gonna have to prove to you that I’ll be just as good as he is.”

HellQ

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
I'm Charles Pratten, the second Nevermore, and one day I'll be the world's greatest detective.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
I tend to go by Charlie. Never felt much like a Charles.

What is your full birth name?
Charles Arthur Pratten.

Where do you live?
I alternate between living at Claremont Academy and the Summers Manor, both in Freedom City.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
Born in 2004, I'm 16 years old right now.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Male, I'm a guy.

How would you describe your heritage?
American. There's not really a lot to my family history beyond that.

How tall are you?
5 feet and 10 inches.

What is your body type?
I'm pretty athletic, slim without being thin.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
Nope.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
Mostly with grace. All the acrobatics training has put their mark on me.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
Tan caucasian skin, blue eyes, dark red hair. The hair's the only thing that tends to stick out in a crowd.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
I usually got short hair. Not a buzzcut or anything, I don't tend to spend an awful lot of time on it.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
I think I'm pretty good looking, yeah. Gotten enough date offers to think I might be on to something there.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
Got a scar on my left elbow  from a bad fall during a gymnastics exercise.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
No one famous enough that I'd know them.

Do you have a dominant hand?
Right.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
I prefer dark clothes, mostly dress shirts and pants. Some colored ties for some color, usually worn loosely. When I'm Charlie Gordon Pym, I tend to go wear jeans, t-shirts and sneakers.

Do you wear makeup?
Nope. 

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
A bit on the lighter end, I think? Not something I know a lot about.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
Not really? I mean, I don't think so, at least. I tend to joke around a bit, and I can be a bit cocky, but I'm not sure if that counts.

History

Where do you come from?
Greenville, Freedom City.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Still living in Freedom City, but I've moved to the Summers Manor in North Bay, splitting my time between that and Claremont.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
Not really the patriotic sort, to be honest. I try to stay out of politics, but the governments had more than their share of problems.

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
Greenville's nice, but a bit dull.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Everyone knows where Freedom City is! Its exciting, full of adventures and heroes.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
I fit right in.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
I've always been good at gymnastics, and I'm a natural detective. I just tend to notice details and piece them together, whether I want to or not.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
Nothing, nope. I'm rather trauma free.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
The debut of the first Nevermore made me realize that I could work with the Raven one day. It pretty much led me down the entire path to being a hero.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
Broke my arm playing hero and pretending to be the first Raven one time while falling from a tree. Played junior detective and tried to solve all the "crimes" in the neighborhood.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
Public school in Greenville, and I'm about to start at Claremont Academy for my high school years.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
Got my older Raven posters and notebooks at the Summers Manor.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
I was always a fan of the Raven. Then I saw Nevermore in action and realized that if that guy could work with the Raven, then I could too.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
No, I got no reason to hide it.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
No, I was a pretty normal kid.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
I gotta keep my real identity secret, even at Claremont. I go by Charlie Gordon Pym there. Boss' orders.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
I keep my real identity secret from my friends and other students at Claremont. The boss told me to do it, so I better do it, but I wonder how many of them will trust me if they find out about it.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
None.

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 
Martin and Lily Pratten.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
Yes, I was raised by my parents.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
My dad's an accountant and my mom's a lawyer. Not one of those big shot lawyers, she's part of a firm that helps poorer segments that can't afford a bigshot lawyer. People tend to like them, even if they find my dad a bit boring. All those numbers.

Where are your parents now?
Still living in Greenville.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
We've lived in Greenville all my life.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
I only really knew my paternal grandfather, Thomas Pratten. He's a retired software developer, he was there when all the big innovations were made, and he made me love computers. We get along great, I still see him when I can find the time.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
They're proud of me for getting a job helping out at the Summers Manor. Of course, its not like they know what I'm doing there.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Nope, I'm an only child.

What was your birth order in the family?
Still an only child!

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
Still an only child.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
Still no siblings.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
My grandfather's my big hero.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
My grandfather Thomas taught me everything I know about computers, and a lot about deductive reasoning.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
None that I know of.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
Nope.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
No.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I want to have a partner, I want to have children, but I'm not sure the lifestyle I'm starting on will allow that. I guess we'll see what happens.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Someone that challenges me, someone that can keep up.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Got a few. I met Josh at my gymnastics training. He's a bit rude and usually acts like he's better than everyone else, but he's nicer than he first looks. I met Julie in a computers class, and we hit it off pretty well. She's smart, but a bit lazy.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Julie's probably my best friend. We just really hit it off. We're pretty close, but we've started drifting a bit apart after I started living at the Summers Manor. 

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
My parents and friends, sure, but also the rest of the Raven family. I hope they would, at least.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
Nope.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
No one so far, but hey, I'm a super hero. Its gonna happen.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
Once people start learning of me, they might use me to target the Raven? Or at least try and overpower me. The whole thing with not having super powers means they'll probably throw super powers at me.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
I haven't really had a lot of trauma or things like that. Someone in a gymnastics competition once made me fall and break my arm, I guess that fits?

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
Family and friends before anything else. I consider the Raven family as part of that, in case there was any doubt. 

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
My grandfather and Alek. My grandfather was the one that got me interested in computers and being a detective in the first place. Alek trusted me to become his sidekick. I can't let him down.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
Bad guys that hurt and exploit others, of course. Steal money? Alright. Hurt or kill someone during that? I won't let that happen if I can help it.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
That they don't give up. That they keep fighting, even against impossible odds. I try to do the same, but I don't know if I'll be able to.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Anyone that gives up too quickly, or anyone that threatens to harm others to get their goal accomplished.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
Yeah, two, actually. My real name is Charles Arthur Pratten. At Claremont Academy, I use the identity Charles Gordon Pym, to make sure the other students don't learn my true identity, since I'm working as Nevermore, the third Raven's sidekick. So far, only the Raven family knows my true identity, and I intend to keep it that way, both to kepe them safe, and because the boss says so.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
So far, I've done all my hero work as a sidekick, helping out the Raven. I guess that makes me more of a follower than a leader, butI'm pretty sure I can do more, and do better, maybe step into a leadership role at some point?

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
I'm a member of the Raven family. Its not really a team like that, but we help each other out, and I'm the Raven's sidekick, so I work closely with him. I guess I'll also be working in a squad at Claremont Academy. I don't keep secrets from the Raven family, but I'll be keeping my real identity secret from the Claremont squad.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
Nope. Used to be a part of a gymnastics team and a computer club, but that's long over.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
I've always admired the Ravens, all of them.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
No.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
Yeah, I love it. Saving people is great, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also enjoying the challenge of it all. Mysteries to solve, people to save, bad guys to stop. I love the thrill of it.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
I don't think so.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Flying solo, going out and doing hero work without having the Raven looking over my back all the time.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
One day, I'll be the world's greatest detective.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
Seeing my friends or family hurt because of my choice to be a hero. I try to work through it and make sure it doesn't happen.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
Protecting others, I think.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
It doesn't really matter much to me. Its useful, I wouldn't have all the tech I got without the money from the Raven family, but its a means to an end, not something I want to strive for.

How do you generally treat others?
I try and be nice, be people's friend, but I know I can be a bit cocky. No reason to let everyone know how smart I really am.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
Not a lot. Earn my trust, have someone vouch for you, then I'll trust you. Comes with the detective territory, I guess.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
Oh, I'm more extroverted, no question there. I got no issue hanging out and talking with everyone, but there's more going on below than most would think. I'm pretty confident in myself. I know I got a lot to learn, but I'm good already.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
Personality matters, but, y'know, I'm not against trying to find out if there's something there and flirt a bit.

What are your most annoying habits?
Having to keep all these secrets. It makes sense, but I can't even tell everyone who I really am. I don't need people to know I'm Nevermore, but it'd be great if I could tell the students at Claremont who I really am.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Nah.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
Noodles. I usually scarf it down while working on something.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Banana smoothies.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Ice cream.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
I don't really care for boiled beef breast. Its just weird.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
You'd think black, but no, its teal.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
Not a fan of rap, but otherwise I don't really have anything favorite. I like to listen to rock while working.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
I don't.

Do you have a favorite animal?
Ravens, of course.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
An old poster of the first Raven that my grandfather gave me, mostly because my grandfather gave it to me.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
I'm cool with roughing it. I mean, I like my tech and stuff, but its part of the job, right?

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
I'm not gonna kill anyone.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
Not really. My family's Christian, but I don't think about it much.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
Not really.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
I don't.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
No, I can't, and no, I haven't.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
Heroes don't kill, and I honestly don't think I could do it.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
I don't know. To save someone else, maybe? Still, I don't think I could ever do it.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
I'm honestly not sure. It would depend a lot on the situation. If it was an enemy, I would try to stop them. If it was a friend, and there was no other choice? I don't know. I hope I would try to find another way.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
Figure out how, who and why, and get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?
Not well. I like to one of the cool guys.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I'd find the killer. They would have to face justice, one way or another.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Murder. There's no way you can come back from that.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
Tell my family and friends the truth about myself, make sure to say goodbye to everyone, make sure Alek knows what's happened and that I've enjoyed our time together, hand over any unfinished cases, and, if possible, finish one final case.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Oh yeah, lots of training. I've trained with the third Raven, with supervision by other members of the Raven family. Most of it has happened at Summers Manor, but I've also been in the field with him at times.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
Aleksander Garen Nakani, the third Raven. He's my mentor, and I work as his sidekick.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
Oh yeah. I'm an acrobat, an escape artist, a trained detective, a martial artist, a computer expert and I'm trained in tactics. Some I learned on my own, but a lot of it I've learned from Alek.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
Officially, I work at the Summers Manor, helping out with whatever they want. Personally, I'm good with staying as a hero.

What is your preferred combat style?
Keeping my distance, I prefer to work by using distractions and misdirection. If I can get into an enemy's head, I can figure out what makes them tick, and how to stop them. I'll put out traps and distractions and strike when they least expect it.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
I've won some gymnastics tournaments, but that was years ago.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I need to get better at everything I do. I want to become a leader, not just a follower.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I learn from them. That's the best thing to do, right?

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Wake up after the night's patrol, do my exercises and work out, spend time working on any cases or any of the "homework" that Alek's got for me, go out on patrol when Alek wants me to. Otherwise, I'm attending classes at Claremont Academy.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I'd more say that I use my hobbies for hero work. I use my gymnastics and computers skill to be a better hero.

What do you do for fun?
Play games, come up with tactics, do research, train. Hang out when friends, when I got the time.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
Oh yeah, and its great. Its a black full body suit with a cowl, leaving just my mouth free and white glowing white eyes. I got a big black cape with dark blue inside, a silver utility belt with a stylized N on the belt buckle and silver gauntlets. I got a pair of shiny teal lines running from under my arms and to the belt, just to the left and right of the belt buckle. The sole of my boots are in the same shiny teal, and I have a large raven logo in the same shiny teal.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
I usually prefers dress shirts and pants in darker colors, with some colorful ties worn loosely. To put some distance between Charlie Pratten and Charlie Pym, I go for jeans and t-shirts at Claremont Academy.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Boxers.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
No.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
My room at Summers Manor.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
Something from the Raven family's motorpool... when the boss lets me use it, at least. Otherwise, grapple hooks and glider cape across the city.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
Nope, but maybe I should.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Nothing out of the ordinary, no.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
Being the world's greatest detective.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
I could pose a threat to the public, but I'd rather not. I'm a good guy, but all my training and knowledge could put to use for evil. If I wanted of course. Which I don't.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
I'm smart, I'm a natural detective. I can figure out what makes a bad guy tick and figure out how to take them down, and I'll work out any mystery you put before me, no matter what it takes.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
I'm still new at all of this, I don't have a lot of experience. I'm used to working together with the Raven. I need to learn how to work on my own, or without someone much more experienced than me around to keep watch.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
Take your time, learn instead of rushing ahead. You don't need to become the world's greatest detective before you're 20, you need to make room for friends and love in your life.