Jump to content
Fox

Bug Hunt OOC

Recommended Posts

Well, that sounds like a Diplomacy check to me, Ryder!

Share this post


Link to post

There are enough surrounding buildings and urban decay that Riley can easily get close to the warehouse (or, at least, the fence around it!), and see at least what's going on outside - let me know if there are any particular details you or he would be after.

 

The guards at the checkpoint don't look particularly friendly; they're keeping a somewhat negligent lookout, but they are looking out.

 

The fence is ~8-10 feet high, depending on where it's still in good shape and where it had to be installed against the surrounding terrain. It does seem to run all the way around the building.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative time!

Share this post


Link to post

Mike, Chuck: Initiative Rolls: 1d20+2 9 1d20+6 21

 

Initiative Rolls: 6#1d20+1 14 7 2 8 18 9

 

Initiative, Round 1:

22: Chitin, 3HP, unharmed

21: Chuck, unharmed

18: Goon 1, unharmed

14: Goon 2, unharmed

9: Mike, unharmed

9: Goon 3, unharmed

8: Goon 4, unharmed

7: Goon 5, unharmed

2: Goon 6, unharmed

 

The goons are lower-PL minions and comparatively poorly-armed, spread out a bit around the warehouse. Some of them already have weapons of opportunity (crowbars, etc.), some are unarmed (for now!), but they have the advantage of action economy.

 

Chuck and Mike look like they have a little more experience under their belts, and Chuck was noticeably faster on the draw, but both are mere mortals as near as Chitin could tell.

 

Initiative's yours, Chitin!

Share this post


Link to post

Chuck is incapable of beating that! Chuck is disarmed, and Chitin now wields a pretty nice SMG.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, let's see here!

 

Chuck, now unarmed, is going to back away. He will not be attacking this round.

 

Goons 1 & 2 will, though! They close to melee range, and the former aids the latter in a melee attack. They aren't exactly high-PL (or even balanced-PL) attackers, but they're going to do what they can!

Aid, DC10; Melee Attack Roll vs. Chitin, DC21: 2#1d20+3 19 21

19 clears the aid check, making that 21 into a 23 - though it would have hit anyway! Give me a DC19 Toughness save, Chitin.

 

Mike falls back to cover Chuck, but he's not going to shoot into melee and risk hitting a friendly target.

 

Goon 3 runs off. Where are you going, Goon 3?

 

Goons 4-6 are busying themselves with a nearby crate a bit off to the side. I'm sure that's fine.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative, Round 2:

22: Chitin, 2HP, 1 bruise

21: Chuck, unharmed, unarmed

18: Goon 1, unharmed

14: Goon 2, unharmed

9: Mike, unharmed

9: Goon 3, unharmed

8: Goon 4, unharmed

7: Goon 5, unharmed

2: Goon 6, unharmed

 

You're up, Chitin!

Share this post


Link to post

Chitin

Move Action: Activate Cricket Instar!

Standard ActionUnarmed Attack vs Goon 1: 1d20+11 25

That’s a DC 15 + 5 + up to 2 Autofire Toughness Save. Then, should Takedown Attack be an option:

Unarmed Attack vs Goon 2: 1d20+11 13

Share this post


Link to post

Exactly what you needed.

 

These guys were more solid than Chitin might have expected; feels like those two had some kind of lightweight armor on under, or as part of, their jackets. Apparently it was either not great quality, or more designed for something that isn't blunt force.

 

Conversely, the trio at the far end have open jackets, or none at all; safe bet is they're basically unarmored.

Share this post


Link to post

Chuck goes digging and comes up with a new weapon. It glows! That seems fine.

 

Mike takes a shot at Chitin now that others aren't in the direct line of fire:

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Chitin: 1d20+3 4

I suppose that balances out the good luck the melee folks had.

 

Chitin can hear what sounds like shouting just outside.

 

Goons 4, 5, and 6 have opened their crate and pull out something that looks an awful lot like a bazooka, but it's also glowing?? They line up a shot, but it looks like it has some wind-up.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative, Round 3:

22: Chitin, 2HP, 1 bruise

21: Chuck, unharmed, glowy gun

9: Mike, unharmed, normal gun

9: Goon 3, unharmed (outside)

8: Goon 4, unharmed, big gun

7: Goon 5, unharmed, helping with big gun

2: Goon 6, unharmed, "helping" with big gun

 

Chitin's up!

Share this post


Link to post

They're some manner of laser weapon, by the looks of them, but they'll pack a decent punch. Chuck's weapon probably isn't all that much better than a normal gun, but that big cannon would hurt.

 

The way the big cannon's acting, and with a roll that good, Chitin might guess that it'd take about a round to charge up, and could only fire once before having to charge again. A shot that big is probably in Chitin's weight class, PL-wise, though...assuming the goons can aim it competently.

Share this post


Link to post

Chitin

Standard Action: Charge; Unarmed Attack vs Laser Bazooka; Charge +2, Power Attack -5: 1d20+8 26

That's a DC 20 + 5 Power Attack + 2 Autofire Toughness Save for the bazooka.

Move Action: Use Leaping to jump into the support beams overhead, trying to find some cover from Chuck and Mike.

-2 Defense until his next turn.

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm! I was going to roll toughness for that, but it's an object, and with that skill check I feel like Chitin would at least have an idea how to take it out.

 

Taking 10, it'd 'roll' 20 or so; against a DC of 27, that's enough to disable it but not outright destroy it (which could have consequences!). It is visibly ruined and makes a sad noise as it powers back down.

Share this post


Link to post

Chuck takes a shot, but his odds are poor with Chitin behind cover (good call!):

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Chitin: 1d20+3 15

Yeah, that won't do.

 

Mike readies an action to shoot when Chitin reveals himself.

 

The goon trio is a little shaken that their trump card got smashed so easily! It was made of steel! They are not.

Coin Flip: 3#1d2 2 1 2

Goon 5 decides this is not great and double-moves out the nearest door.

 

Goons 4 & 6 start rooting around for better weapons, but it's going to take them a moment to crack open a new crate.

 

There's some noise outside! Maybe goon 5 found goon 3.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative, Round 4:

22: Chitin, 2HP, 1 bruise

21: Chuck, unharmed, glowy gun

9: Mike, unharmed, normal gun, readied action

8: Goon 4, unharmed, re-arming

2: Goon 6, unharmed, re-arming

 

Chitin's up!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...