The Carnifex snarled furiously as the Ultio Users began to retreat, moving to pursue. "I'm not done with you yet. You came here looking for this fight, you don't get to back off just because you're too weak to-" The nightmare cut off as it got jerked back with a gesture from The Dreamer, her mouth set. The dreams around her were divided between accepting the chance to disengage and following the Carnifex's planned continuation of violence.

"I am willing to disengage. Thank you for trying to avoid the fight even if it came to nothing, it was good of you to try." She looked back to Ultra Girl, "Would you be willing to leave with me? I want to express my gratitude."

The serpent took to the air as she finished saying this hovering as she pulled the Carnifex into the air after her.

Courtney sighed in relief as she saw the Ultio-Suits flee into the horizon. "Oh, thank God that's over." She her optics looked down toward the three unconscious remaining suits with mild contempt before eventually flying towards them. They were jerks, sure, but she could hardly just leave them there to rot on the roof until they woke up.

The fact that at least Dreamer, if not her pet monster, seemed fine to let the rest of the idiots fly off was also a weight off her shoulders. Pursing them any further would only have made things, no matter how she may have wanted to bring the whole lot of them to justice. That, and maybe interrogate a few more of them about MarsTech, not that she was particularly confident that they even would anything.

The android hero put those latter concerns aside though and focused on the now. At the roof she turned to Dreamer. “No thanks are needed. It was right thing to do after all,” she says, giving the other hero a smile before a streak of worry ran through her face. “Leaving would probably be best since we don’t know if any other suits are in the area and are looking to score a points on that idiot system of there’s, but…” she guiltily lobbed a finger at the three suits splayed out on the ground. “I still think we should try to get them to ground level if not somewhere safer. I, uh, don’t really know my own strength yet and can’t be entirely sure that I didn’t hurt them a lot more severely than I intended. Mind helping me do that before we leave together?”

Edited by Cubismo
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

"We'll take them." Ultio Blue seemed set, reaching out his hands towards Ultra Girl to have Ultio Red handed over, while some of the other Ultio Suits went for the other fallen. He looked at the Ultra Girl and the Dreamer briefly. "You should go. There's probably some other groups heading this way soon." Then he was off, flying to the West, the rest of the group following close by.

The Dreamer, the Carnifex, the Dreams and Ultra Girl were left behind, alone where a fight had just taken place. They would perhaps notice that people had appeared on the streets, some with phones held up and filming the battle.

If they wanted to leave, it would probably be a good idea to do it soon.

The Dreamer sighed as the Ultio Suits turned down Ultra Girl's offer of assistance, and concentrated removing the dream demon from the physical world. She gave the heroine a wan smile, "Regardless of whether it was the right thing to do, many would not have aided me regardless. I am in your debt and if you can think of any compensation or assistance I can render upon you it would be my pleasure to assist you." Quickly she dreamed up a small note with her cell phone and home phone numbers upon them and held it out to Ultra Girl. "I hope we next meet under less unfortunate circumstances, but if it must be so, I will not hesitate to come to your aid."

Seeing Dreamer conjure another object out of thin, Courtney nearly went into yet another spree of questions on the nature of her powers. Fortunately, she stopped herself before doing so and instead simply took the offered paper and immediately filed its numbers to her digitized memory. The questions could always afterwards. After all, being able to ask follow-up questions was one of the many perks of making a new friend and ally. 

"The feelings mutual," Courtney responded, her face beaming with a smile despite the seriousness of the conversation. "MarsTech has a small army of superpowered fame chasers out there and I don't see them smarting up anytime soon. Having someone out there to call upon when things get dicey is definitely a load off my mind. Speaking of which, you probably want my own contact number too." The android pulled out a SIM card from her costume and passed it over to the other hero. "Put this into any smart phone and call the number that pops up. I'll be where you need me to be as fast as I can."

GM

A wonder land, a beast, and the dreamer that made it all... a rogue heroine with the power to defeat even some of the more powerful users... it seemed that on this day, the brave men and women in the Ultio Suits had met their match. Of course, that wasn't how it would be spun.

MarsTech had connections to everything. When the incident was reported by various news channels, the incident was quite different. The brave Ultio Suit Users had fought against a powerful monster, while a rogue super human had intervened. Eventually, the leader of this group of Ultio Suit Users had opted for a more peaceful approach, defusing the situation, letting everyone leave in peace. A truly heroic choice, and Max Mars praised the man in the blue Ultio suit for it, even giving him and his group free extra points! What a guy, that Max Mars!