Gimmick II
Power Level: 
7 (105/105PP) 
Unspent Power Points: 
Trade-Offs:  -5 Defense / +5 Toughness

In Brief: Youtuber Superhero out for attention

Catchphrase: Thats the Gimmick

Theme: I wanna be Famous!

Alternate Identity: Joel Gimmis (Secret)
Birthplace:  Freedom City

Residence: Freedom City
Base of Operations: ACME Theater Prop warehouse
Affiliations: NA
Family: Elaine Gimmis (Grandmother)

Description:
Apparent Age:
Ethnicity: Biracial (African and Caucasian)
Height:  5'4
Weight:  135
Eyes:  Grey
Hair:  Purple (Naturally Brown)

Usually seen wearing a Green tuxedo with a purple undershirt and shoes, the gaudy outfit protects his lean build with a thick layer of Armor. He died his hair as part of his youtuber "personality" and as it became part of his personal look as Gimmick he just decided to keep doing so. Purple is the latest color but it's likely to change at any time.

Out of costume he usually wears a hoody and a pair of black jeans. He still goes out of his way to be an attention grabber though.

Physically he has a tan complexion and grey eyes. A teen of a lean build and surprising muscle definition.

History:

The First Gimmick was Jim Gimmis, who used a variety of gimmicked props to commit crimes of protest against the US Government during the time of Civil Unrest around the Vietnam War. The most notable of these was his "Patriot Act", which would be his last Protest. After stealing a shipment truck of Vietnam War Draft Cards to burn, while dressed as the Patriot, he was shot by a National Guardsmen and died from the wound. This act made him a martyr in the eyes of the Counterculture groups so prevalent in the day. 

The Current Gimmick is Jim's Grandson, Joel Gimmis. After stumbling upon one of his grandfather's stashes of Gimmick props while he visited his grandmother, Joel set out to entertain himself with his grandfathers toys, originally planning to be a super villain like his grandfather. However on his first night out as Gimmick he interceded in a pursesnatching out of instinct and a video of the event went Viral. Loving the attention, Joel ended up deciding to become a Hero, filming his exploits and posting the footage online to gain more attention. Dear god did he love the attention...

Personality & Motivation:

Growing up Joel was regularly neglected by his father. This lead to him to develop a complex similar to Histrionic Personality Disorder, which mostly consists of him acting in over emphasized, almost cartoonish ways in order to recieve attention, positive or negative. Although he lacks the Flirtatious behavior commonly associated with this disorder. His other main personality quirk is a longing to see others laugh. He often goes out of his way to team up with Serious, Stoic heroes in an attempt to get them to lighten up a bit. He wants to make people laugh and entertain people during his "shows"

Powers & Tactics:

If you are ever so unfortunate as to fight Gimmick, know that it will be recorded somehow, it will be humiliating for you, and it will end up online. This kids got more gimmicked comedy props than a silver age Joker comic. He tends to get up close and personal, often straight up throwing punches when all else fails. He has had some Gymnastics training through his life, (he was convinced to by his father to take some lessons) which somewhat influences his fighting style. Lots of tumbles and leaps and flips.

Power Descriptions:

Prop comedy! All of Gimmick's weapons are disguised as comedy props and he uses them in 3 Stooges/Charlie Chaplin esque slapstick style of combat. A Joy buzzer that delivers a non-lethal Shock, Silly String that is as strong as quick cement, a pair of shoes outfitted with springs that let him launch himself upward, and if those don't work he falls upon his Firecrackers and Smoke bombs to make a hasty getaway. 

The Smoke bombs come in a variety of colors, the most common ones he uses being Green, Yellow, Purple or Blue.  His silly string follows the same pattern and has the same 4 common colors. Once out of the can, the Silly String quickly hardens from contact with air, becoming around the consistency of rubber cement. It dissolves after 2 hours. The shoes function like pretty much any cartoony spring-rigged shoes from say, Looney Tunes, but also have a coiled version that lets him run faster than possible as a normal human. The Firecrackers are simply normal firecrackers that were bought at a fireworks store.

His go-to weapon is his grandfathers "Joy Tazer", an electric weapon that has the power to both damage and on occasion stun them, However due to the fact it was created in the 70s and then sat in a hidden workshop til 2020 and Gimmick isn't 100% how it works, so it often fails to do more than deliver the initial shock.

Complications:

Attention Everybody!: Even in a life or death situation, even in the absolute WORST time for it to be so, Gimmick wants the spotlight firmly on HIM

The Honorable name of Gimmick:  Joel's grandfather, the original Gimmick, is someone he looks up to dearly. He works hard to live up to the example the former "villain" set, but many people involved with the counterculture back in the day take offense at this Showboat using his name.

Like and Subscribe!: Gimmick's a youtuber, he records all his fights with his camera or at least the wrap up and posts the footage online. Due to his Semi-popularity online he attempts to avoid controversy as well as he can.

Abilities: 0 + 8 + 4 + 10+ 8 + 8 = 38PP
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 18 (+4)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 18 (+4)
Charisma: 18 (+4)

Combat: 6 + 2 = 8PP
Initiative: +4
Attack: +3 Base, +7 Gadget Props Array 
Defense: +2 (+1 Base, +1 Dodge Focus), +1 Flat-Footed

Grapple: +3
Knockback: -6

Saving Throws: 3  + 1  + 4  = 8PP
Toughness: +12 (+2 Con, +10 Protection)
Fortitude: +5 (+2 Con, +3)
Reflex: +5 (+4 Dex, +1)
Will: +8 (+4 Wis, +4)

Skills: 44R = 11PP

Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Craft [Chemical] 5 (+10)
Craft [Electronic] 5 (+10)

Craft [mechanical] 5 (+10)
Escape Artist 5 (+10)

Knowledge [Current Events] 1 (+6)
Knowledge [Pop Culture] 2 (+7)

Notice 6 (+10)

Perform [Comedy] 3 (+7)

Sense Motive 6 (+10)

Feats: 12PP
Attack Specialization (Gadget Props) 2
Dodge focus 1
Benefit (Wealth) 1

Inventor
Luck 2
Master Plan
Taunt
Equipment 3

Equipment: 3PP = 15EP 

Video Camera: 2EP

Cell Phone: 1EP

HQ: Acme Theater Props Warehouse
 Power Level 7, Equipment points used 12
Toughness +10
Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop

Powers: 28 = 28PP

Device 7 (Gimmick Suit; 35DP Container; Flaws: Hard-To-Lose) [28PP] (Invention, Technology)

Communication 4 (Personal Radio; Sense Type: Radio) (Range: 1 mile) [4DP]

Gimmick Props Array 7 (14DP array; Feats: Alternate Power 3) [17DP]

BPStrike 7 (Joy Tazer; Extras: Linked to Stun 7 (+0)) + Stun 7 (Flaws: Unreliable [Fail on 10 or less]){14/14DP} (Electric) 

APDazzle 7 (Fire Crackers; Visual Dazzle){14/14DP} (Light)

APObscure 7 (Colored Smoke Bombs; Visual obscure) (Radius 500 ft.) {14/14DP} (Chemical, Colors)

APSnare 7 (Silly String) {14/14DP} (Chemical)

Leaping 3 (Spring Shoes; Feats: Alternate Power 1) (Leaping distance x10, run 100 ft.) [4DP]

APSpeed 2 (250 mph / 250 ft/rnd) {2/3DP}

Protection 10 (Armor Lining) [10DP]

DC Block

ATTACK              RANGE      SAVE                           EFFECT
Unarmed             touch       DC 15 Toughness    Damage
Joy Tazer            Touch      DC 22 Toughness     Damage
Firecrackers       70 ft.        DC 17  Fortitude        Visual Dazzle

Silly String           70 ft.       DC 17 Reflex              Snare

Abilities (38) + Combat (8) + Saving Throws (8) + Skills (11) + Feats (12) + Powers (28) - Drawbacks (0) = 105/105 Power Points

Edited by Growth Spurt

Alright, starting with the fluff:

I'd remove the subtitles from personality. It just makes it more difficult to read.

Both Powers & Tactics  and Power Descriptions should be expanded much more. What's his different tools, what's the things he does? Why do they work as weapoins instead of just be props? What do they do? What are his actual tactics? Do he bounce around and attack, do he keep his distance? What does he do to humilate his opponents?

Wouldn't hurt to expand on his appearance a bit either, but that's a bit more minor to me.

Moving on to the crunch:

If you don't have any ATK/DC trade offs, remove that bit. There's no need to show it.

PL caps:

You don't meet your PL caps at all. If you need a refresher, read this guide: https://www.freedomplaybypost.com/start/playguide_35/pl-caps-trade-offs-extra-effort-and-hero-points-r28/

As it is, you ave TOU+12/DEF+0, which puts you at an average of PL6. You should bring your Defense up to at least +2. Since at least 1/3rd of that has to come from Base Defense, you must buy at least 1 rank of Base Defense and then either another rank or the Dodge Focus feat to meet caps at your current trade-off. On that note, I really wouldn't recommend that big a trade off at PL7, it'll mean you get hit with just about any attack, including the ones that target your exotic saves.

Offensively, you're below caps too. As far as I can see, you got a Strike, Dazzle and Snare effect for offense, which is fine, but right now your Strike is at ATK+5/DC+7, your Dazzle is at ATK+2/DC+7 and your Snare is at ATK+2/DC+3. Not all attacks have to meet caps (though it is recommended), but all of yours are a good deal below. 

You need to fix meeting your PL caps before you do anything else, or you're just not gonna be effective in threads.

I'm going to assume that you want to keep your Defensive trade-offs. In that case, you need to buy a +1 Base Defense [2PP] and the Dodge Focus 1 feat [1P], which gives you a total Defense at +2. I'd still recommend going higher, but your call. That's a total of 3PP you need.

Offensively, we need to increase your Base Attack Bonus to +3, since 7/3 (rounded up) = 3, costing you 2PP. Then, exchange your Attack Focus [Melee] 3 feat for Attack Specialization [Gimmick Props] 2, saving you 1PP. That will put your Attack bonus with the things in your Gimmick Props array at +7. Now we're up at this costing you a total of 4PP.

I'll rework your Devices a bit and put it in proper notation, and just making it one device. The way you've put it makes what it is much harder to read. Also: Use indents instead of spaces for, well, indents ;)

I've taken the Elongation out of the array. You don't get anything out of it being in there, since it won't even improve your reach for your Strike. Get it later, maybe as an AP to your Leaping?

It seems that you missed that Visual Dazzle and Obscure is 2PP/ranks, compared to Dazzling/Obscuring other senses being 1PP/rank, so I've fixed that. I've also lowered the leaping by 1 rank, to make it all fit in a rank 7 device.

You got 7 more PP to use in the Joy Tazer, so you could add an extra or some power feats there.

---

Device 7 (Gimmick Suit; 35DP Container; Flaws: Hard-To-Lose) [28PP] (Invention, Technology)

BPStrike 7 (Joy Tazer) {7/14DP}

APDazzle 7 (Visual Dazzle) {14/14DP}

APObscure 7 (Visual obscure) (Radius 500 ft.) {14/14DP}

APSnare 7 (Silly String) {14/14DP}

Leaping 3 (Spring Shoes; Feats: Alternate Power 1) (Leaping distance x10) [4DP]

---

That will make your powers cost a total of 28PP, 3 more than they do now, so in total, you will need to find 7PP to be able to meet caps. We'll see what we can find here as I go through the other things.

Abilities:

Save yourself a PP and lower the Charisma to 18. There's no need for that 1 point. That's 1PP saved.

Combat:

As mentioned above, you will need to make changes to Attack and Defense to hit your caps. 

Saving Throws

Lower your Will save. You don't need it at +12 at PL7. Make it +8 or +9, then you've found a few more PP.

Skills

Your skills are way off, I'm afraid. I'm actually not quite sure how you wanted to put this, but as it is written right now, you got 14 ranks of feats, all with way higher total bonuses. For each skill, you should list it as

Skill [Skill Rank] (+[Total skill bonus: Rank + Ability score bonus])

So, if you had Rank 2 [Craft Chemical] and Intelligence score bonus of +5, it should read as

Craft [Chemical]2 (+7)

Depending on what you do, this might be a place to save some PP so you can meet caps.

Feats

You should list the rank of the Benefit [Wealth] feat. I'm assuming its rank 1, but still.

I'd suggest making the changes to the skills I mentioned under PL caps above.

If you're hurting for PP, maybe get rid of the HQ for now and get it later.

Powers

I covered that above.

---

So, in short, meet the PL caps, fix the skills and notations, and give expand a bit on the fluff.

You still don't quite meet caps (haven't made all the changes I suggested) and your Skills are still off.

Here's updated blocks for everything but powers that makes you hit caps, with the suggestions I posted above. I've made a few updates to your notation on your powers as well. Note that I've lowered the total spending on skills to from 14 to 11, since so far you had only spent 14 ranks. I've then spent the rest of the 30 ranks you hadn't used.

Basically for Skills, for every PP you spend you have 4 skill ranks that you can divide. At your former spending, you had only spent 3.5PP on skills (and your total numbers was a bit wrong). I've basically upped the ranks of your current skills to give them more useful bonuses and added ranks to the Notice and Sense Motive skills, which are quite useful to have.

Everything in the crunch should check out if you use this.

Abilities: 0 + 8 + 4 + 10+ 8 + 8 = 38PP
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 18 (+4)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 18 (+4)
Charisma: 18 (+4)

Combat: 6 + 2 = 8PP
Initiative: +4
Attack: +3 Base, +7 Gadget Props Array 
Defense: +2 (+1 Base, +1 Dodge Focus), +1 Flat-Footed

Grapple: +3
Knockback: -6

Saving Throws: 3  + 1  + 4  = 8PP
Toughness: +12 (+2 Con, +10 Protection)
Fortitude: +5 (+2 Con, +3)
Reflex: +5 (+4 Dex, +1)
Will: +8 (+4 Wis, +4)

Skills: 44R = 11PP

Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Craft [Chemical] 5 (+10)
Craft [Electronic] 5 (+10)

Craft [mechanical] 5 (+10)
Escape Artist 5 (+10)

Knowledge [Current Events] 1 (+6)
Knowledge [Pop Culture] 2 (+7)

Notice 6 (+10)

Perform [Comedy] 3 (+7)

Sense Motive 6 (+10)

Feats: 12PP
Attack Specialization (Gadget Props) 2
Dodge focus 1
Benefit (Wealth) 1

Inventor
Luck 2
Master Plan
Taunt
Equipment 3

Equipment: 3PP = 15EP 

Video Camera: 2EP

Cell Phone: 1EP

HQ: Acme Theater Props Warehouse
 Power Level 7, Equipment points used 12
Toughness +10
Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop

Powers: 28 = 28PP

BPStrike 7 (Joy Tazer; Extras: Linked to Stun 7 (+0)) + Stun 7 (Flaws: Unreliable [Fail on 10 or less]){14/14DP} (Electric) 

APDazzle 7 (Fire Crackers; Visual Dazzle){14/14DP} (Light)

APObscure 7 (Colored Smoke Bombs; Visual obscure) (Radius 500 ft.) {14/14DP} (Chemical, Colors)

APSnare 7 (Silly String) {14/14DP} (Chemical)

Leaping 3 (Spring Shoes; Feats: Alternate Power 1) (Leaping distance x10, run 100 ft.) [4DP]

DC Block

ATTACK              RANGE      SAVE                           EFFECT
Unarmed             touch       DC 15 Toughness    Damage
Joy Tazer            Touch      DC 22 Toughness     Damage
Firecrackers       70 ft.        DC 17  Fortitude        Visual Dazzle

Silly String           70 ft.       DC 17 Reflex              Snare

Abilities (38) + Combat (8) + Saving Throws (8) + Skills (11) + Feats (12) + Powers (28) - Drawbacks (0) = 105/105 Power Points