A true horror, the co-ed Halloween Dance

Cyrith

The were creatures react differently to the young heroes actions.

The three still by the smoke machine continue to watch the proceedings,

The rhino near Darian stops in its tracks and tilts its head in confusion at the youth's words, giving Darian time to act.

The Rhino near Gordy strikes out with a punch that glances off of the sound barrier around the hero.

The tiger near Chris turns quickly, and darts at Chris, ignoring the swirling cape. His claws reach out through the cape to scrape the hero.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris felt the fabric of his costume tear, barely avoiding the skin. "I made this myself! Do you know how emasculating it is to have to sew a costume!? DO YOU!?" he raged at the tiger, covering for the fact that one hand had shot to his utility belt and produced a crackling metal knuckle duster. "Electrically powered metal you use to punch people? Definitely restores my macho points," grinned Chris, hurling a clumsy and easily dodged blow at the tiger.

• 4 weeks later...

Gordy's lips curl up in a mischievous smile. The barrier held. That was more than he expected. Perhaps he should try something else, something also unexpected. The vocally gifted hero begins to sing low. Very low. His very skin seems to rumble with the deep bass sound. "Lets see if that that thick skin protects you from this, pretty boy." At first Gordy has trouble laying a hand on the rhino man. A quick change of direction though seems to allow Gordy to lay hands on the beast.

"Sonic energy coursing through your guts. See if you can keep your lunch."

• 2 weeks later...

The were creatures continue the attacks against the three heroes.

The Rhino by Quark ignores the sudden appearance of the orb and he strikes out at the hero. The blow hits easily.

The Rhino near High Note shrugs off the sonic attack and moves with a swing. His timing is clumsy and High Note easily sidesteps the blow.

The Tiger turns and strieks out at Geckoman easily hitting the nimble hero.

The gorilla leader continues to watch the fight smiling wickedly as he sees his cronies continue their work.

The battle rages on with some surprising results.

Darian had managed to stay on his feet long enough to get another shot off, but the young hero knew he was in trouble. His unstable legs caused his shot to go wide and the Rhino came in with another haymaker that hit easily.

Gordy again struck out with his sonic blast, this time getting through the Rhino's tough resistances. The rhino stood trying to regain his focus. With the Rhino stunned, Gordy began moving towards Darian to aid him against his own foe.

Chris huffed and puffed from the exhaustive effort he was putting up. He swung at the tiger but there was no power behind the blow. He quickly bounded away to create space between himself and the tiger. The tiger for his part, moved quickly after the evasive hero only to miss his target once he was within range. Chris looked about and saw he wasn't very far from the smoke machine.

Chris spun low to avoi the tiger's attack, gecko reflexes coming to his aid. "Missed me!" he laughed, diving at the smoke machine with power knuckles sparking. "Gecko-" Wait, no. I'm not in my Geckoman costume. What would the Raven say? "Nevermooooooooooooooooore!" he cried, bringing his fist up to smash down into the smoke machine.

Darian feels the blow and in his weakened state, it is enough to drop him to the ground. His world begins to go dark.

Chris's sudden lunge towards the smoke machine, caught the gorillas and the remaing tiger by surprise. His blow hit solidly and sparks flew from the machine. The sparks were enough to force the were creatures back as they attempted to cover their eyes.

A siren suddenly went off and the room was bathed with light from above. A female voice followed the silence of the siren. "End simulation."

With those two words, the non moving students all began to fade away along with the decorations of the dance. Gordy, Chris, and Darian found themselves alone in an empty room. Darian was surprised to find himself back on his feet, unharmed.

A side door opened and Stephanie Hartcourt entered the room. "Nice move, Chris. Going for the machine was a very wise choice. I was wondering when you'd decide to take out the problem. Gordy, as the only one with powers, you should have tried to support your companions quicker. A high pitch tone to stun the creatures or an attack on the machine itself."

She looked over at Darian and frowned, "And as I thought. You're not very resislent without your suit. We'll be giving you more physical training, young man."

Stephanie smiled at Chris as she answered. "It was when Darian fixed the smoke machine. The device was actually a teleporter that allowed us to move you from the gym to the training room. I'm sorry that you and Gordy were taken for the ride, but it made sense. Darian had shown great friendship with yourself and we thought that having Gordy along would help even things out. As you can see, it didn'T work out that way exactly, but you did manage to complete the test."