Posted (edited)

Salvo

Salvo was lining up her next shot when she saw the last fake Justice raising her gun in the air. It was as close universal sign as surrender as there could be, and Salvo powered down her weapons platform. Then without a word, she dropped from the sky like a lead pipe, her thrusters pushing her past terminal velocity within ten seconds. Her flight downward was silent as air screeched and the ground rushed up to meet her.

And just as she was about to hit the pavement, she arrested her flight. The G-force alone would have crushed a person, but she came to rest easily, twisting so that she 'stood' mid-air. She was just in time to hear the Justice's deal, and every word her eyes narrow with annoyance.

"Wrong." Sparks began to fly from Salvo's armor as she began to talk. She crossed her arms, looking down at the Justice. "Here's what you will do. You will drop your gun. You will drop that USB. You will drop all your gadgets. Then you will turn around, walk ten feet away, and drop to your knees. If you try to run or fight or look at one of us wrong, we will beat you unconscious."

Her voice was calm, a statement of fact.

"Consider this your last warning, because we're nice." Her visor crackled with energy, the danger set squarely on the Justice.

"Understood?"

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Justice

"Hey, hey! Chill out a bit!" Alright, Salvo was a hardass, and these people had attacked them, but still, this was not how Robin wanted to do things. "Drop the gun and USB and we'll talk, alright?"

It wasn't like her evil double could even see them, anyway. She could probably hear them. "Just, stop looking like me and do as Salvo said, alright?" Were they really gonna end up doing a good cop/bad cop routine here? Really?

Robin reached into a portal and pulled out a small grenade, palming it and getting ready. The moment she tried anything, Robin would be ready. Maybe not so much on the whole beat unconscious front, but she had other options.

GM

The evil Justice backed up. Gun still held high, she stammered. "Alright, alright!" She leaned down, placing the gun on the ground, then the USB, then slowly turned and backed away, while her body shifted. While the smoke still made it difficult to see anything, unless you had goggles or something else that took care of that, it seemed like she was still a girl. She was in a light grey tight costume, with purple boots with yellow trim, flared purple gloves with yellow trim, with yellow markings stretching from under the gloves on the outside of her arms, reaching her back where they connected. She wore a light grey cowl that obscured all but her mouth, with yellow lenses over her eyes. She had a heraldic blue lion on her chest. It was different to make out anything of her actual appearance, aside from the fact that she appeared to be in great shape.

She leaned down, kneeling on her knees like Salvo ordered, hands behind her head. "Alright, I'm down, just... just let us go, alright?"

Posted (edited)

Salvo

"Can you check on the other one?" Salvo said as she landed and began to follow the girl. "Tie him up and gather their weapons. We don't need another fight on our hands."

She kept an eye on the girl as she shapeshifted out of her Justice's form and knelt down. Weapons or no, Salvo still knew they had a few tricks up their sleeves and their teleportation was one of the most pressing issues. Salvo raised her foot and lowered it on the girl's calf. Then she applied a bit of pressure on the calf, enough so it was like a normal person was pressing down instead of a thousand pounds of steel.

"No," Salvo cut the girl's request off almost immediately. She looked down, her sensors recreating a figure of the girl in her mind's eye. "You will answer my questions or I will step down with my whole weight and strength. I can break steel easily and bend titanium, just so we're clear what I am able do to you."

"So if you want to be able to run after this, answer my questions." She bent down. "First, can you or your partner teleport and if so how?"

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue