TV: 

You notice the sky flicker overhead a few times, as if something somewhere is just slightly on the fritz. 

You also notice that many of the people using devices are actually cyborgs - those translators, lights, and colorful displays are actually implanted in their skins rather than being worn. Come to think of it, all the native Rurlanders interacting with the refugees all seem to have some sort of cybernetic augmentation, even if it's just what looks to be the equivalent of jewelry. 

@Kaede Kimura You have the ominous feeling that this isn't a place of shadow - this is a place of _nothing_. As if the land here isn't connected to the land of darkness and cold, not to the land of decay and entropy, but simply _nothing_. 

@Tiffany Korta Everything seems fine, as far as you can tell, the cyborg interpreters and other helpers are guiding the refugees to buses and other forms of transport. There are tearful reunions of what must have been people from earlier waves of refugee transportation - mostly seperated families and the like. It's honestly a beautiful scene. 

You too see the flicker in the sky - as if what you're seeing above is just a projection of the..actual sky? 

• 2 months later...

@RocketLord, roll me initiative and a Sense Motive check. 

@Kaede Kimura, let's have a Will save, a Sense Motive check, and a Notice check. 

Both of you, give me a Computers/Gather Info/Knowledge (Current Events)/Knowledge (Streetwise) check, whichever is higher. 

Everyone else, let me know what your character is doing here in the OOC - I'll let you know what rolls you can make here. 

Okay - 

@Tiffany Korta, give me some rolls of the skills you're using to snoop. If you have Gather Info, or Knowledge (Current Events) or (Streetwise), now would be the perfect time to roll well on those checks. Either Stealth or Bluff will be good for your spying, depending on whether you're doing it physically or socially. 

@Kaede Kimura, you gain access to your shadow powers again, and you have an unsettling feeling on looking at this projection as if something is spiritually wrong with it. Unfortunately, you don't actually know enough about magic or the spirit to know what that means! 

You notice that the crowd really does seem to be rooting for Mette - they're murmuring derisively and pointing at the Main Event, and someone distinctly yells something about "make him drown in his filth!" The arena's floor is closing against the possibility of accidental spray, and there's the faint buzz of an energy field forming around the arena now that Mette's actually in side. 

You spot floating devices you recognize as camera drones (similar to a model Vanguard uses) obviously recording and broadcasting the fight elsewhere. 

@RocketLord

You do have that HP! The crowd is definitely on your side, you can tell that - which is a little odd under the circumstances, maybe? You spot all the changes too.

Bad Guy initiative: 17

Okay, RL, you also win initiative - since you'll be in and out for a bit as per your conversation with me, we'll let the investigation side of things proceed while you fight. 

Go ahead and act first! 

34 minutes ago, Avenger Assembled said:

@Kaede Kimura, you gain access to your shadow powers again, and you have an unsettling feeling on looking at this projection as if something is spiritually wrong with it. Unfortunately, you don't actually know enough about magic or the spirit to know what that means! 

So Muirne thinks that magic is going on? I just want to clarify, due to her complication.

@Tiffany Korta

An experienced superhero like Klara recognizes Solo Takashi - the infamous supervillain Doc Otaku. But his presence here is decidedly odd. Takashi is (was?) a builder of sentient robot servants. It's very difficult to imagine him working with a machine supremacist like Talos. His identity certainly explains the hostility many in the crowd seem to feel towards him, but that doesn't explain the question of why he's here at all. If he _is_ here at all, since at this moment he's just a holographic projection... 

Overall this scene reminds Klara of many other fight crowds she's seen through her long life - there are patrons excited about what they're watching, bored out of their minds, emotionally aroused, thoroughly disgusted, etc. There are even the usual intoxicants on display, though many of the cyborg patrons seem to be buying geometric metal shapes to hold against their heads rather than alcoholic drinks to accomplish the same effects. 

The patrons themselves are a mix of recently-arrived refugees and low-level government employees (that's the cyborgs) - come to think of it, most of them work for the same refugee organization that took in the South Americans you arrived with. Hardly anybody here works directly with the Great Work at all, though the 'locals' do make some wistful references to it.