GM

Jadetown, Emerald City 
April 12th, 2020
1:00 PM

If anyone in Jadetown celebrated Easter, those plans had long since been abandoned. A gang of young man had roamed the streets for weeks now. They caused trouble, assaulted and robbed the citizens, and every attempt to get the police to intervene had met in failure. Clearly, someone was protecting the gang. 

Most of the citizens of Jadetown had accepted the trouble and the almost daily attacks, but one, a young man named Gai, had not. He had run for the streets, and somehow, he had gotten the attention of two heroes: Venomax and Visionary. He had begged each for help, to come and stop the gang, to do what the police would not. Maybe they had listened, maybe they hadn't. Time would tell.

Now, the gang was roaring through the streets once more. Twelve ultra modern, high powered bikes tearing through the streets, the riders shouting as they knocked down anyone or anything in their way.

Well it wasn't quite high noon but it sure felt like it was a showdown to Vernon as he walked down the street towards the oncoming horde of bikers.

Stopping a good distance away from them he gave a sharp whistle to ensure they saw him amidst their destructive rampage.

Reaching for the shoulder of his brown trench coat and ripping the entire thing away to reveal his costume beneath, hands sliding down into the open ports of tyw applicator gauntlets hung around his waist and cleanly pulling them free of their hooks as he brought them back up in fluid grace born from practise before the (mercifully self healing) tattered tan material could hit the side walk.

There were probably a lot of snappy one liners he could've gone with, maybe something cowboy related, that had been a pretty strong theme but none if them ocured to him as he stood there, black plastic and purple body suit glistening in the light poised like a scorpion prepared to strike. 

Probably best he left that kind of thing to the other heroes anyway.

Edited by Exaccus

"Excuse me gentlemen, but I'm going to need your license and registration" 

Visionary hovers down over the street, Yellow cape flowing in the wind. These gentlemen were causing quite the ruckus with there "Rampage" so it's time someone held them responsible for it. 

"It's been a long day for everyone, people are just trying to get home for the day. Do you have to rampage right now during rush hour?"

GM

The motorcycle gang came to a halt. The man in the front, a Japanese man in his early twenties, leaned forward on his bike, resting his arms on the bike as he looked at the two heroes. One from above, with a yellow cape. One in black and purple, silent. The black haired man in the front, the obvious leader, was dressed like like something from an 80'es buddy cop movie. He wore black wrap-around sunglasses, a white t-shirt with a light blue sports jacket over it. On his lower body, he wore jeans and slip-on shoes. The rest of the the gang was dressed along the same lines. The sleeves of the jacket was rolled up, showing off an impressive amount of color tattoos of dragons, demons and the like.

"Run along, little heroes." He smiled, as he pushed his sunglasses up to his forehead. "This isn't your business, it doesn't concern you at all. Everyone else here knows better than to get in our way, but maybe you should learn too, yeah?" 

He waved his right hand, and the other gang members stepped off their bikes as well. "This is Jadetown, little heroes. You don't get a say here. Now run along, before you piss me off."

Ah Visionary was here too? Good to see the forum at the diner had stirred folks up into being more proactive than ever.

He seemed to have more of a way with words than Vernon did at least so he opted to reign in his agression a little to see if the gang could be swayed by reason.

Part of him hoped it would work but the rest of him knew better.

Emerald city had been quiet for too long, gangs and crooks were far too deeply entrenched to be disuaded by the presence of heroes alone.

Part of him enjoyed the thought of getting to instil that aprehension in the here and now.

"You talk too much." Came venomax''s curt reply "get to fighting so I can start dismantling you and your back up dancers; I have other places to be."

Edited by Exaccus

"Uh um...Now now theres no need for this to get violent, I'm sure we can all come to an understanding!"

Visionary lands between the biker and the other hero, holding his hands out to keep them 

"You can't possibly think this is a fight you would win Sir. Even with your superior numbers me and my friend here are fairly high level super humans...well he's human, I was made out of biotech but that's irrevelevant in this particular case, you will lose if you pick this fight. The only change is I will have to fly you to the hospital rather than jail."

GM

The leader of the gang looked up at Visionary, smirking. "Kid, you don't know who you're dealing with here." He gave Venomax a quick glare, before standing up and away from his bike, and motioning for his gang to come closer. The 11 men all moved up between their leader and the heroes. The leader of the group seemed positively giddy at the thought of the confrontation, giggling to himself as he stood back a bit. 

"Big, bad heroes coming out to play, trying to decide how we run our city." He almost shook as he laughed to the sky. "This is Emerald City, you couple of losers. We don't do heroes and villains here, buddy! We're the ones in charge! Don't you get it!? I am Takazumi Ryu! My father owns Jadetown!"

Venomax Smirked to himself and mumbled "daddies little princess huh? your dad buy those bikes or did they come packaged with your friends here? heh!" his hands moved with slow and deliberate precision as he rotated his gauntlets into the correct settings for what he intended to do.

"You pretty new at this visonary?" he asked "these guys are yakuza." he said "well they're supposed to be, not really keeping to their code of honour here, stealing from the common man." he said gesturing to the damage they'd caused.

"you wanna try talking to them be my guest." he said gesturing to the crowd as he rolled his head.

"Ill jump in if things get nasty."

GM

Three of the men moved around Ryu, blocking both Visionary and Venomax from getting too close, creating a quick circle around the man. They didn't seem to be taking any moves to attack just yet, just staying back. They didn't seem to say anything or do anything but move to protect their leader, but perhaps, that was enough?

Maybe they did as ordered, or maybe they just wanted to see what Visionary would say.

"Look Daddy's boy you really don't want to pick this fight."

Visionary's eyes glow as he speaks, some legitimate aggravation leaking through his normal "heroic" voice. Something about Ryu was just rubbing him the wrong way...

"I'm sure your Yakuza daddy and his buddies are really scary but I don't think you've really thought this through, for one thing no one can "Own" a neighborhood." He chuckles "And you're not exactly Al Capone"

Edited by Growth Spurt

GM

Ryu just stared up at the robotic hero. His smile had slowly faded, pulled back into a frown. "You don't know anything about this place, Cape. The Takazumi-gumi keeps this place safe from people like you. Why wouldn't they let us vent our frustrations a little? You're an outsider, you don't belong here. What makes you think that you can just come here and get in our way? Do you think we'll just let some outsider come here and start telling us how to act?"

He paused to laugh, shaking his head. "Is that what this is? You coming into our community and trying to handle our problems? Trying to play the saviors to the poor Japanese people?"

"Kill them."

The eight men in the front pulled out guns and opened fire, shooting at both of the heroes.

Venomax felt a thin smirk come to his face even as the bullets wizzed around him, even as one bit into his arm, it was a small mercy his suit was made of toughend polymer and balistic weave, keeping the damage to a minimum of grazing and bruising.

he clenched his fists and in doing so emptied the prepared tanks into the air around him, a thin silvery white cloud pouring around him and dispersing through the air in whispy tendrils that creeped out through the ranks of the assembled punks

"Aww, i was even standing still for you and only one guy got a shot on me? are you even yakuza or just this loosers Eunuchs?" he snickered half joking as his venom did its work, all there was to do now was wait and see what would happen.

"This may not be as much fun as I thought." he sighed mockingly "oh well, Ill make the most of you."

Edited by Exaccus

GM

<"What the hell?"> The man closest to Venomax looked at the cloud and statred backing away, then started coughing as it caught him. Some of the other were able to move out of the way, some were caught, but it only seemed to reach six of the men, the others were too far away.

Two men stopped moving, gasping and struggling. One seemed sluggish.

The three men around Ryu remained motionless, standing their ground.

GM

Ryu was almost giggling, despite the situation. He shook his head, snickering even as his men shot and missed. A single bullet bounced off Visionary. 

"Poison, huh? What kind of hero are you supposed to be, if you're using stuff like that?" Don't even care about your own friend getting caught up in it, do you?"

He moved to the side, towards a nearby shop. "You three, listen up! The word is given! And the word is Yaoguai."

Edited by RocketLord

"God you're dense." venomax sighed "taking all the fun outta this for me." he added, half in mocking contempt and maybe just a midge of honest disappointment mixed in "the dudes got super human constitution hence the bullets bouncing off, numbskull. its like bad deoderant to him."

all the while his hands moved with practised grace to realign his gauntlets to what he liked to call the "im finished playing." Setting.

"Not just poison by the way, i do Acid too, like this."

and with that he let loose with torrents of lime green steam, mostly water with just enough acid to cause pain on the very surface level of the nerve endings, a staged dose and adhesive binder made sure it would punch twice and leap to anyone foolish enough to come into contact with those afflicted.

Edited by Exaccus

GM

Two of the men moved out of the way of the stream of acid, but three were caught in it, including the two unlucky guys that had been caught in his previous attack! Screaming, they fell to the ground, leaving Ryu looking more than a little pissed.

Still, the word had been given. The three men that had been around Ryu started to change. Their bodies started to grow. Their skin turned red. As their clothes began to rip, glowing tattoos in Chinese became visible on their arms and backs. They started growing small horns. As they stood transformed, they looked almost demonic.

Two of them moved with a laugh, far faster than a human could. One ran for Venomax, the other for the Visionary. A powerful kick aimed at Venomax's head, a strong punch at the Visionary's face.

Visionary stumbles back from the hit, eyes glowing as a blue white blast goes sailing over his opponents head.

"Gee! I didn't realize we were dealing with Oni? Or are you an overgrown Kappa? I'd hate to be culturally insensitive towards you sir!"

Even when he's getting his ass handed to him, Visionary keeps the Nice attitude for as long as he can. Even if that was a bit of a sneak diss.

GM

"Do you see? This is what you get for trying to stop us!" Ryu was laughing, raising his gun and firing blindly at Visionary. He didn't even seem to care how wide his shots went, the bullets not even being close to hitting. "You want to fight against hte Takazumi-gumi? You're going to fight against all of Jadetown if you keep this up!"

The non-monstrous gang members raised their guns and started shooting at the Visionary. It seemed they didn't want to risk angering their boss by hitting a target he had missed.

"Oh, i'd almost forgot you were here Ryu. what with you cowering in the back like that...lets see to it that you get yours!"

he'd be lying if he said he wasn't hurting from the numerous shots he'd taken from the small arms, his accomplice having yet to land a single blow hadn't helped with the overwhelming numbers either.

"Cover me." he said plainly and simply to the visionary as he twisted past the looming oni's swinging frame and darted towards ryu with his gauntlets revolving into the correct settings

"Lets see how meltable you are loud mouth."

and with that he again emptied the canisters strung to his wrists in a dense acidic fog that raced out from around him and over the ground.

then with a groan of effort he pushed against his perspitory glands and ejected another far vaster cloud of burning, stinking vapour, one he assumed they'd be only too familiar with as petty crooks, that of pepper spray. hopefully their eyes would be too full of burning tears for them to keep up the pressure on him.

GM

The large demon-like man said something that neither Visionary or Venomax could understand, and quickly moved in front of his boss, shielding him from the worst of the cloud. He started to push Ryu out of the cloud, away from Venomax. With the pepper spray filling their eyes, the other two, the one near the heroes, continued to strike at them, but with little chance to hit. 

The one near Venomax said something that sounded harsh, probably insulting. Maybe something in relation to his parentage?

Another punch is thrown in the fog, Visionary swinging wide, unable to see his opponent due to the fog. He made a mental note to inform the other heroes of Emerald city, especially Venomax, that he does not, in fact, currently have super senses...

"So, keep in mind it's my first time running into these gentlemen, how large of a portion of the Emerald City Yakuza are actually Oni?"

GM

"I'm going to kill these guys!" Ryu was yelling and ranting still, rubbing his eyes as the pepper spray sweat hit them. Even as the large enforcer near him pushed him out of the way, he couldn't help but take a few shots, not that they hit anything before he was pushed out of the way and into a nearby restaurant. The building had a few windows, and from the outside one could see him yelling and pointing his gun around, but his enforcer was nowhere to be seen.

Outside, the three normal men still standing continued to fire their weapons, all of them focusing their fire on Venomax now.

• 2 months later...

the pain was astounding, his head was pounding and his limbs ached and shook with the strain they were now under due to the damage he had sustained and the strain of using his powers to explosively over such a short period of time, he was not going to win this fight, but that didn't mean he had to lose it either for now he remained quiet within the safety of his blinding cloud waiting and listening quietly so as not to give his location away to those who needed naught else to find him.

Edited by Exaccus
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

"You will not escape, little man!" The demon by Venomax was not letting up. He was pushing his advantage, staying close despite the pepper. With a wild slash, he hit only air, missing the poisonous hero, perhaps giving him the respite needed to catch his breath. 

The one inside the restaurant stuck himself in the doorway, looking around. No one would enter if he could stop them, it seemed.

And by Visionary, the last of the demons moved low, attempting to a low sweep to force him to the ground. He was fast enough to connect... but would he be strong enough to complete his attack?