Tiffany Korta

Meanwhile at the stately Summers Manor...

That was Callie Summers, the second Raven! Charlie had met her before, but he was still a bit awestuck whenever he met her. She was one of his heroes, but unlike with Alek, he hadn't quite gotten used to being around her. 

Not that it stopped him from talking, when she asked the question.

"So, you knew she was there? Why didn't you tell us?" And why hadn't they heard about a Raven running around in New York in the first place? Seemed like kind of a big deal. "You've been here for a few months, so why show up here now? There's gotta be some kind of reason for that, right?" 

He paused, looking over at Alek at the request. Time travellers. He was going to look for time travellers. "Already?" He was a bit disappointed, to be honest. "I kinda wanna get to know teen Callie a bit first?" He still moved over to pick up a smart pad connected to the Rookery's computer, looking through the files. Doctor Tomorrow was an option. Some kid at Claremont... not a whole lot available, really.

Madame Raven

Callie, the younger one (though personally she thought of the older one as Calliope), raised her hand looking slightly guilty.

That was my fault really I laid really low for quite some time trying to figure out what was going on. But then I found the suit and I couldn’t resist just going out and doing the whole hero thing. And I figured I stream the whole thing, and then she found out and everything kicked off.” she rattled everything off almost without taking a breath.

So once the cat was out of the bag I thought I’d check out the old place, guess I should have called ahead really!”

"And was there a reason why we didn't need to know?" Ashley asked Callie, her voice so carefully cool it was cold. She didn't quite make eye contact with the younger version; there were already enough teenagers in her life. 

Alek muttered in his birth-tongue as he rubbed his temples. This was not how he'd pictured his day going when he woke up. 

"Charlie, every moment we have the younger version of the Headmistress here is not only a greater amount of up-time knowledge pollution for her younger self, it's a risk of her getting injured in a way that completely shifts the timeline. Even if this is all one giant closed time loop, and we weren't told before because Dr. Tomorrow told the Headmistress it would turn Earth Prime into a bleeding wound in space-time, I'm going to need a really, really, really good reason to not work to correct the massive risk in front of me."

He shifted his gaze from the elder Miss Summers to the younger.

"Look, Callie, I'm not really upset with you. You are, after all, a teenager, and it sounds like you're just doing the best you can with the situation. I'm trying to get you home because I'm worried about you individually and the timeline as a whole. This is not a normal situation here-" yet "-and I'm trying to correct it as best as I can."

"Hey, why do she get a pass for being a teenager but I don't?" Charlie's tone was playful, Alek should know him well enough to know that he wasn't being serious at all, but still, why did the time traveller get a pass but he didn't? Ah well, nothing he needed to spend too much time thinking about.

"But I'm still curious." He turned from Alek to Young Callie. "You're brand new here, and the first thing you latch on to is streaming? Just what year are you from?" It just felt off to him, for some reason. Culture shock, if Young Callie was from the 80'es, and she latches on to streaming her super heroics? Weird. Not that he was complaining, he'd have to look it up later, but it was just a weird leap to him somehow.

"Doctor Tomorrow's probably the best bet, if we can reach them. Fast-Forward's time travelled before, but that sounds more like accidents. Protectron's from the future, right? I think he's moved to Emerald City. Maybe there's some magic types that can help?" He looked to Alek. Time travelling really wasn't as common as you'd think, given Alek's earlier request.

GM Post

Calliope Summers

Calliope looked at Ashley with the patient look of a teacher used to dealing with many different types of students.

I only found out a couple of days ago, I was planning to tell you but my younger self seemed to be a little impatient to visit old haunts.” she looked a little wistful for a few moments at her younger self Its pleasant really seeing a younger me unburdened by what happened just a few days later.”

The moment passed and the grand chess-master was back as, seeing her younger self was distracted, leaned in to talk to the older heroes.

Someone is trying to disrupt my timeline and I do not like it one bit. For now I think it best to keep her here whilst we try and find out who is trying to do such a things. Worse of the worse we can use a telepath to suppress the memories until the timeline is reset properly, I can just about survive having two set of memories of teenage years!”

Madame Raven

Callie smiled at Charlie either unconcerned or unbothered by the arguments that she was causing with the adults.

Its just a knack I guess! Helps that one of use has been through all this before.” she glanced at her older duplicate.

And if you need to discover anything about the modern world you go to the internet, once I figured out how it worked it was just quicker and easier to find out how things had changed. The I found social media and that was it…”

She must have been half listening to the other conversation as she added.

It was a woman that bought me forward in time, she didn’t bother to give me a name.”

"Mm." Ashley supposed she might have overreacted - though if the old woman was losing her touch that badly...on the other hand, this meant the two of them weren't working hand-in-glove. There were possibilities there. "You can describe her?" She didn't press, knowing a teen would react to things differently than the adult Summers. If it wasn't Tomorrow, she wondered if it was one of the Tick-Tock Doc's groupies - though honestly she didn't know very much about the time-traveling hippie. (Someone more prominent like the Clock Queen, she probably would remember.) Geez, how do I know so much about time-traveling crooks, anyway? She'd learned about it from watching Callie Summers, of course. 

"We can probably get something arranged, if we can figure out how she got here." 

Alek rubbed his temples and all but clenched his eyes shut. Ashley could feel the headache he had coming on from where she stood. 

"So at this point, the idea is we keep her here until we determine who was muddling with time. Primary concern being they'll do it again except worse, and drop her over the ocean or in the middle of Siberia or something. Okay. We need to establish a break-point, though. Otherwise we risk her either having to disappear for years from her own timeline, or us having to de-age her, or something, because if she leaves as a sixteen-year-old and comes back twenty-six, that's bad."

He sighed.

"And to be frank, both of you seem to want to follow that plan, and I'm reluctant to force the issue. I don't think this is a great idea but I don't have a better one, not with a rogue time-traveler out there. But at this point, we should probably discuss some ground rules. I would argue this should include her going to Claremont, if precautions are taken."

"Yeah, alright."

The adults were talking, then. Older Callie thought it was some time travel attack and wanted to keep Young Callie around, at least for now. Cool, cool. Made sense. 

"Wait, you're just casually suggesting mind wiping or de-aging your past self? Really?" 

Charlie shook his head, then put the tablet down. This was a bit extreme, but it wasn't exactly a normal situation, was it? 

Moving closer to Young Callie, he crossed his arms. The grown ups were talking, anyway. "You're handling it all pretty well, how much do you already know about what happens to you between when you left and now?"