Fledgelings in the Fold [Open]

Ari

Lulu gestured towards Davyd. "Sure, feel free to tag along." Then she focused her attention back on the newcomers. "Powers or no powers, you can learn a lot at Claremont!" She pinched her lower lip thoughtfully. "Maybe we should head to the gym first; that's a good place to show off a little bit. We got weights, punchin' bags and balance beams. And feel free to ask me or Davyd any questions you have. Oh, ah nearly forgot!" She handed Leon and Callie each a small piece of adhesive paper with their names printed on them, as well as the word 'VISITOR'. "Here you go!"

Edited by Heritage

"Show off?"

Leon askes as Lulu hands him a visitor sticker with his name on it. He eyes it and the corner of his mouth quirks with a funny idea.

"Is this where you tell us if we're gonna be heroes or sidekicks?"

He adds with a smirk, not bothering to peel the back of the sticker off before he presses it to his shirt. When he takes his hand away it doesn't fall off, and a careful observer might notice that the 'VISITOR' somehow now says 'INMATE'. He readied to follow the older girl as the small group seemed about to start the tour of the school.

Tabitha chose to follow along on the tour.  Or rather follow ahead as she began walking.  The Southern teen didn't have anything better to do before getting back to her dorm.  And more importantly the reason she even had sweats on was for the gym.  Covering just enough to not feel self-conscious about it.  Not as if sweating was a concern.

She didn't have an investigative enough eye to notice what the text on Leon's sticker said.  But, Tabitha did find it strange that he was able to just press it against himself without peeling at all.  Settling on Lulu must have done sort of that mind juju on the paper.  That or the incoming teen was extra sticky.  In which case, there were certainly worse powers she could have drawn on the kidnapped and empowered lottery.

Horrorshow

"Right, so, it was almost exactly a year ago," he began, and as he spoke his casual blue shorts and blue & gold hoodie morphed into a pair of blue slacks and gold buttoned-down short-sleeved shirt, with an adhesive paper tag over his heart that read TOUR GUIDE (JUNIOR), "that I gained my abilities, and about a week after that I was transferred to Claremont.  Which was wild, because I thought they'd let me finish out my last month and a half at my old high school, but no!  They wanted me here right away," he snapped the fingers of his right hand, "make sure I started training with my new abilities as soon as possible.  Which," he tilted his head slightly, "in hindsight, yeah, it was the right call, because I had a lot of problems with my abilities at first.  But now, thanks to the teachers here, and some local heroes who've volunteered their time to help, I've got- hey, get back there, you!"  A tentacle had slithered out from his back and was peeking over his shoulder, which he made an elaborate show of pushing back, only for it to pop up again over his other shoulder, or out of his sleeve, or out of the bottom of his pants leg.  After about a minute he got everything tucked away, then smoothed his hair, gave a slight bow, and intoned a very solemn, "acting."

Madame Raven

Callie followed alone at the back, hand in her pockets acting disinterested as she took in everything going on around her. She’d wondered if her father had done the same tactic, she’d always wondered why he was described as a disinterested playboy when he was always engaged when he was at home.

I’d be interested to see what you can do, I often find I need to be in two places at the same time. Are you the only one here that can do that? If you don’t mind me asking.”

Even though this was the same place she knew, she still felt out of place again. Just like the first day she was here.

Lulu furrowed her brow in thought. "Ah don't think we have any other shapeshifters right now, but there may be some underclassmen ah don't know. It actually is a fairly big school." 

Noticing the way Leon changed his name sticker, she pointed at it. "Can change things, like rearrangin' molecules or somethin'?"

• 2 weeks later...

Horrorshow

"There are a few illusionists here, who could do something similar" Davyd replied to Callie, trying not to look Lulu's way, "but I don't believe there are any other true shapeshifters.  At least," he shrank a few inches as he smoothly morphed into Callie's double, "none who are as good at this as I am.  In fact, I've even started working with," he shrank a tiny bit more as he now mimicked Tabitha's shiny chrome form, "a few other heroes, as part of 'Body Doubles,' a partnership that can provide that 'two places at once' service, to help cover for other heroes, or for," he shot up a few inches as he began mimicking Leon, "celebrities or politicians who've received death threats.  I, ah, haven't actually done any of that yet, since I'm still learning how to use my powers," he shifted back to his original form, "but that's part of what we're here for: not just how to use our abilities, but when and where and why to use them."

I’m afraid Ms Beaumont has business elsewhere to attend to now.” someone stepped out from behind the group unseen. Those who were students obviously recognised the voice of the Headmistress.

She walked passed the students to whisper in Lulu’s ear before there previous guide quickly left to attend to something. The headmistress left a minute for the her to leave, before turning toward the little group.

I’m sure Ms Beaumont will return before the end of the tour…” she clapped her hand together “Now where had we’d got to on the tour today?”

On 5/3/2020 at 6:02 PM, Heritage said:

Noticing the way Leon changed his name sticker, she pointed at it. "Can change things, like rearrangin' molecules or somethin'?"

"Or something." Leon smirked and looked back at Callie and Davyd. "That would also come in hand for having an alibi."

He was about to say something else when the Head Mistress rejoined the group. He tried to hear what the older woman whispered to Lulu but couldn't make it out.

6 hours ago, Tiffany Korta said:

I’m sure Ms Beaumont will return before the end of the tour…” she clapped her hand together “Now where had we’d got to on the tour today?”

"Well, we were just starting really. She said something about checking out the gym first." He shrugged as if unconcerned.

• 3 weeks later...

Madame Raven

Callie couldn’t help but be suspicious about this sudden change of guide, Calliope had been keeping an eye on her since they’d run across each other. She didn’t blame her really, she was still trying to figure out what the deal between them both after all. But she was still curious as to how the school had changed over the few decades since she’d last attended the school.

Yeah the gym sounds like a nice place to start, I don’t know about you but I always appreciate a good place to work out.” she smiled sweetly at her future duplicate knowing that she’d know exactly what she was talking about.

She really shouldn’t poke the bear, but in this case the bear started the poking first.