Two Suns in the Sunset OOC

angrydurf

Well, at the current setup, that might be enough! 

Opposed grapple, with only Base Attack Bonus applying: 28... and yet!

Notice: 23

Switching Space Control Array to Elongation + Enhanced Strength.

Seeing the guy inside, Spaceman will try to punch through the tentacle and pull him out, so that would be a lethal attack against the pseudopod that tried to grapple him: 28

DC25 TOU if that hits.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That beats it's grapple I assume from your description you just want to escape the grapple with that success and will do so.

Your attack hits.  The tentacle is undamaged and I need a reflex save DC 10 vs snare from spaceman @RocketLord

The Thing! 

Move Action:  Pick up a big chunk of rubble

Standard Action:  Hurl the rubble at Jovian 1d20+10=30 Crit!  DC 25 + 5(crit) for a total for a DC 30 Toughness save needed from @Exaccus

Just to square away where we are with timezones and sie outages making things tricky to meet up in chat.

The Thing has two Pseudopods out from the pool of whatever is over there.

humanoid faces have been seen in the surface of the things Pseudopod but nothing appears to be inside it.

Hand to hand attacks sink in and start to pull the attacker in.  They also thus far have not been effective.

It recoiled from the Heat based attack Jovian put out.

It has a very fluid freeform motion too it making it so far adept at avoiding ensnarement.

Spaceman is currently Up.  @RocketLord

Alright, in that case, let's try to get it with Move Object. Its perception range, so its an automatic hit. I attempt to grab the arm that's closests to pull the thing out of the gunk. Rank x2 for my grappling attempt: 29

That was bad, but let's see what happens, if it has any effect at all. Remember the Insidious and Subtle 2 effects.

First off perception range means you'd need to perceive what you're trying to grab with an accurate sense.  From my read of the spacial sense it wouldn't really be able to "see" inside the Thing.  So you can target the pseudopod and grapple it but pulling anything out of it wouldn't really work.

Secondly, there isn't anything to pull out.  While you certainly saw a face emerge from the thing when you punched in there was nothing to grab where any body attached to that face should have been.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  Let me know if you want to continue the grapple to try to hold the Thing in place for Jovian to shoot or if you want to try something different.

Alright, punches doesn't do much, can't grab it, can't trap it, and it seems like its a liquid robot or something like that?

Spaceman keeps his position in front of the men and punches at the puddle, with his blow coming from above it: 24

DC25 TOU if that hits.

Well it certainly can be trapped, it's just been rolling real well on those reflex saves.  Now that it's clear it's all one entity it might be easier to imprison?

Punch again seems to have no effect.

That'll be a reflex save from Spaceman vs snare DC 20 as it tries to suck him in on the punching.

It continues to be dazed so Jovian is up.

Well, Spaceman's not doing too well in this battle, but at least the scavengers are safe! Let's try the subtle snare one more time, and see if its too busy dealing with all the burning and get caught now.

Attack roll: 16

Somehow, I kinda doubt it! DC20 Reflex if that hits.