New to Freedom (IC, Open)

Kaede Kimura

Veronica Danger

Veronica gave a modest smile at Kam's comments, true though they might be. Having only just met Murine, the teenage Danger was not as attuned to some of inconsistencies Kam was observing and kept her focus on Murine. "Well, even with the availability of modern travel today, there are still many around the world that do not venture very far from where they are born, so I would say you are off to a good start in terms of seeing more of the world" She offered as Murine mentioned this being her first time leaving England.

At the other teen’s question, Veronica gave a small nod. "Yes, the adjustment to being in one place has been one of the biggest for me since I started here. Though, I have gotten to do some travel still, although for short periods. Since last year I have made trips to Egypt, the Caribbean, parts of African and the Middle East, Brazil, and eastern China. So, I probably cannot complaint too much."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yes positively sedentary." Kam replied drolly with a teasing grin.  "Surprised you're not overwhelmed with barnacles."

"I think the dorms are next up."  he suggested and looked from Muirne to Veronica, "Wouldn't want to pull you away from your workout too long."  he paused with a small shrug, "Or come along certainly."  he offered easily and started leading the new arrival toward the gyms side entrance toward the dorm buildings.  "You and Àjàṣorò can offer the feminine perspective on our living situation."  he suggested with an easy laugh.  "They still maintain separate living spaces for male and female students."  he explained with a small sigh, "cliched and outdated perhaps but your restroom will likely be cleaner for it."

Muirne chuckles at Kam's comment, "I suppose if I ever need to know about other countries, or advice about travelling I know who to look for." Muirne says jokingly. As Kam continues she nods and notes down on a fresh page that the location they are headed to is the dorms. She had to mentally check herself again when Kam called the gendered dorms outdated. She was from a different time and would have to get used to the differences between then and now.

She stepped back slightly to give Veronica space so as to not inadvertently pressure her into something she didn't want to do, and waited for her response. 

White Lioness

Àjàṣorò gave a little grin at her brother before putting on a close approximation of his serious face.

“Floors are segregated but some of the block are mixed, the school insists everyone stay on site during the school year…” her voice dropped to a conspirator whisper “…though they over look if people sneak off now and again to some hero stuff.”

She straightened up and was back into her serious voice again.

“You’ll be paired up with a roommate when you start the year, they’re pretty good at picking people to share with actually I get one really well with my roomie.”

• 2 weeks later...

Muirne noted down the first part of Àjàṣorò's explanation, but left out the part about sneaking from her notes, trying to commit that part to memory alongside the parts that Janus had mentioned for how to sneak out. It seemed the students here had learned to be quite proficient at avoiding detection, although from what Àjàṣorò had said she could assume part of it was also teachers allowing the students to get away with sneaking out. She looked around quickly to ascertain that no one was listening in before whispering in reply, "Does everyone here do hero uh..." She struggled to come up with an accurate verb, settling on lamely whispering "Work?"

She nodded, looking up at the taller girl, while she scrawled the little detail about roommates, before sheepishly asking "Uh, my power sometimes activates without me wanting it to. Is that going to be accounted for when selecting a roommate?"